A Brief Lesson on Tariffs

True, tariffs do increase prices, but sometimes they're necessary.

Putting tariffs on foreign product is a tool to make them lower their tariffs on ours. Trump gets it. Only leftists don't.

2uh4msm.png

e15il4.jpg

Putting tariffs on foreign product is a tool to make them lower their tariffs on ours. Trump gets it. Only leftists don't.

2uh4msm.png

e15il4.jpg

Your post reminds me when I worked for a Japanese company ( Japan has/had? A huge tariff on California rice) anyways I am like why don't you like California rice, my coworker said " Japanese rice is better"

Say what? It's damn rice.

a few companies that left on 43' s watch in alphabetical order ---

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/popups/exporting.america/content.html

“When a good or service is produced at lower cost in another country, it makes sense to import it rather than to produce it domestically.” —Economic Report of the President, p. 25, February 2004

“Outsourcing is just a new way of doing international trade. More things are tradable than were tradable in the past. And that’s a good thing.” —N. Gregory Mankiw, Chairman of President Bush’s Council of Economic Advisors, Feb. 9, 2004

The outsourcing of U.S. jobs “is part of trade... and there can’t be any doubt about the fact that trade makes the economy stronger.” —U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow, March 29, 2004

Last edited:
thats one way to win a debate - delete the posts that show your wrong.

thats one way to win a debate - delete the posts that show your wrong.

I just ran through the thread and don't see a deletion. Which post was deleted? Which number?

You won’t support your claim, the troll is you! You are making false claims.

I suggest you stop cherry picking and ignoring people's posts on here and other political message boards if you want to debate me.
I suggest you stop making blatantly false claims you can’t back up.

The claims are real indoctrinated one, again so are you against the EPA and OHSA?

We could make them as cheap here if it wasn't for those government agencys...
Then link to support for your claims. They are total BS. If they aren’t prove it.

Quit being a child, if you want me to teach you common knowledge, pay me
The child is you, making false claims and then not backing them up. Pretty sad really. Take your BS and go away.

2uh4msm.png

e15il4.jpg
Give an example of when that has ever happened.

2uh4msm.png

e15il4.jpg

It's happening now.
Everyone is increasing their tariffs. Give an example where they have lowered them, like your claim.

If "everyone" is increasing their tariffs, why "everyone" complain if we increase ours?

Instead of kissing their asses, like previous presidents did, Trump is simply telling them, if you tariff my product, I'll tariff yours and I'll keep tariffs as long you keep yours.

If they can live with that, we have nothing to lose, if they don't lower their tariffs or eliminate them completely, the foreign product that is more expensive due to tariffs will be replaced with domestic.

2uh4msm.png

e15il4.jpg

It's happening now.
Everyone is increasing their tariffs. Give an example where they have lowered them, like your claim.

If "everyone" is increasing their tariffs, why "everyone" complain if we increase ours?

Instead of kissing their asses, like previous presidents did, Trump is simply telling them, if you tariff my product, I'll tariff yours and I'll keep tariffs as long you keep yours.

If they can live with that, we have nothing to lose, if they don't lower their tariffs or eliminate them completely, the foreign product that is more expensive due to tariffs will be replaced with domestic.

You are supposed to be giving an example of when that has ever worked. Do you not have one?

You realize when he tariffs it is a tax on us right? We are paying the tariffs.

2uh4msm.png

e15il4.jpg

It's happening now.

You are supposed to be giving an example of when that has ever worked. Do you not have one?

Were tariffs ever tried before? Yes. Have they been tried with meaning, and punch? I don't think so.

Yes, I do realize that products with tariffs cost more. I'm fine with that, I prefer American anyways. It will cost more for some time, until it's replaced with domestic product.

You do realize that tariffs are exact reason we can't sell our product overseas, right? They don't buy our product because it cost them more. What do they buy? Hmmm... let me think... domestic?

It's happening now.

Were tariffs ever tried before? Yes. Have they been tried with meaning, and punch? I don't think so.

Yes, I do realize that products with tariffs cost more. I'm fine with that, I prefer American anyways. It will cost more for some time, until it's replaced with domestic product.

You do realize that tariffs are exact reason we can't sell our product overseas, right? They don't buy our product because it cost them more. What do they buy? Hmmm... let me think... domestic?
So you live in fantasy land and don't have a single example of your claim, making it FALSE.

Tariffs have been tried in every way possible. To claim they haven't is just foolish. They have been around for a VERY long time. Every time it leads to less jobs!

And you realize with increased cost to steel all the products we manufacture using steel will cost more? That will make our products less competitive on the world market and exports will go down. Jobs will be lost and we will be paying more.

It's happening now.

So you live in fantasy land and don't have a single example of your claim, making it FALSE.

Tariffs have been tried in every way possible. To claim they haven't is just foolish. They have been around for a VERY long time. Every time it leads to less jobs!

And you realize with increased cost to steel all the products we manufacture using steel will cost more? That will make our products less competitive on the world market and exports will go down. Jobs will be lost and we will be paying more.

The tariffs are obviously working for others, since they're not buying our products.

When you say "every time leads to less jobs" how about you give an example of, that is directly associated with tariffs.

And why is China offering to buy additional $80 bill of our products if steel and aluminum tariffs are not working?

The tariffs are obviously working for others, since they're not buying our products.

When you say "every time leads to less jobs" how about you give an example of, that is directly associated with tariffs.

And why is China offering to buy additional $80 bill of our products if steel and aluminum tariffs are not working?

They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor. You can't honestly think it is all about tariffs? That is funny.

Gladly:
Lessons from the 2002 Bush Steel Tariffs - Tax Foundation

The effects of higher steel prices, largely a result of the steel tariffs, led to a loss of nearly 200,000 jobs in the steel-consuming sector, a loss larger than the total employment of 187,500 in the steel-producing sector at the time. The study warns:

In making policy for the revitalization of manufacturing, including the steel industry, our conclusions suggest that the effects across the full industrial spectrum should be considered. The lessons of the impact of higher steel costs should counsel a good deal of caution when import barriers are considered.

/——/ Great questions. Libs will rate it Funny and move on.

They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor. You can't honestly think it is all about tariffs? That is funny.

Gladly:

The effects of higher steel prices, largely a result of the steel tariffs, led to a loss of nearly 200,000 jobs in the steel-consuming sector, a loss larger than the total employment of 187,500 in the steel-producing sector at the time. The study warns:

In making policy for the revitalization of manufacturing, including the steel industry, our conclusions suggest that the effects across the full industrial spectrum should be considered. The lessons of the impact of higher steel costs should counsel a good deal of caution when import barriers are considered.

Can you explain what this means?

"They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor."

/——/ Great questions. Libs will rate it Funny and move on.

That's what they've been doing, while offering nothing in return.

Gladly:

Once again spin master read your own link, it created high paying steel manufacturing jobs .

Forum List

Back