A Compton, CA city councilman and 5 others were charged with ‘conspiracy to commit election fraud’

Paul Hodgkins, 38, of Tampa faced sentencing guidelines of 15 to 21 months in prison after pleading guilty to obstruction of an official proceeding for interrupting Congress' counting of Electoral College votes.

receiving eight months in prison and being ordered to pay $2,000 in restitution for a portion of the damage to the building.

“I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I am truly remorseful and regretful for my actions in Washington," Hodgkins told the court. “This was a foolish decision on my part that I take full responsibility for it."
"obstuction of an official proceeding?" Why that's absolutely horrifying! Next they will charge him with J-walking! Are you saying that talking loudly in the gallery is a felony?

You haven't explained how anyone "admits" what is a matter of opinion.
“I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I am truly remorseful and regretful for my actions in Washington," Hodgkins told the court. “This was a foolish decision on my part that I take full responsibility for it."

"obstuction of an official proceeding?" Why that's absolutely horrifying! Next they will charge him with J-walking! Are you saying that talking loudly in the gallery is a felony?
It's punishable by up to 5 years and fine.

The judge was letting him off lightly because he allocuted to being guilty of, and sorry for his actions, and admitting their seriousness.

He sounds scary.

He was seconds away from becoming King of the USA. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

He interrupted Congress…..just like all these folks. Were they charged?

Interrupted congress yes. Obstructed congress NO.

From your citation:

For her part, Wong was arrested Monday along with Women’s March co-founders Linda Sarsour and Bob Bland. She recounted what she yelled from the back of the room: “I said, for any senator who votes yes on the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh there will be a political price to pay.

meaner gene

Your most serious case is for something that has been done numerous times in the past with no charges.

Some INSURRECTION. :auiqs.jpg:

Overall, 70 people were arrested Tuesday and charged with disorderly conduct on the first day of the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.

All they did was yell from the back of the room, and they were arrested and removed.

Nobody had to be evacuated from the hearing room

Last edited:
So? That's what the judge told him to say.

This is the first time since 1814 it was done to the sitting congress of the united states.
No stupid. I provide links to where your crowd did it multiple times during the Kavanagh hearings.
Those people were charged with disorderly conduct.

Disorderly conduct in Washington, D.C. is a misdemeanor. A conviction carries a potential penalty of up to 90 days in jail, up to $500 in fines, and probation and a period of community service.

Those people were charged with disorderly conduct.

Disorderly conduct in Washington, D.C. is a misdemeanor. A conviction carries a potential penalty of up to 90 days in jail, up to $500 in fines, and probation and a period of community service.
Same charges the vast majority of those in the INSURRECTION were charged with. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back