A Conservative's view on waterboarding

That can not be proven and there is actually evidence to the contrary despite a few public opinions expressed since we got OBL...

Are you able to grasp the concept of the end not justifying the means...?

I have posted that link at least 2 dozen times where the CIA chief said some of the information was given because of waterboarding.

And others have posted contrary info. We do not know for sure...and will probably never know for sure. But what the heck....let's sell our souls anyways.

Can't beat a link that has a video with the actual words coming out of his mouth saying it, especially when he was asked three different ways

WASHINGTON – The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committees is insisting that enhanced interrogation techniques were not a factor in the discovery of Osama bin Laden's whereabouts and he rejected any form of torture.

[...]

McCain addressed his opposition to torture and said it did not play a role in the search for bin Laden in a Washington Post op-ed published on Wednesday:

I asked CIA Director Leon Panetta for the facts, and he told me the following: The trail to bin Laden did not begin with a disclosure from Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times. The first mention of Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti — the nickname of the al-Qaeda courier who ultimately led us to bin Laden — as well as a description of him as an important member of al-Qaeda, came from a detainee held in another country, who we believe was not tortured. None of the three detainees who were waterboarded provided Abu Ahmed’s real name, his whereabouts or an accurate description of his role in al-Qaeda.
In fact, the use of “enhanced interrogation techniques” on Khalid Sheik Mohammed produced false and misleading information. He specifically told his interrogators that Abu Ahmed had moved to Peshawar, got married and ceased his role as an al-Qaeda facilitator — none of which was true. According to the staff of the Senate intelligence committee, the best intelligence gained from a CIA detainee — information describing Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti’s real role in al-Qaeda and his true relationship to bin Laden — was obtained through standard, noncoercive means.

McCain was a prisoner of war for five and a half years in North Vietnam. He said the U.S. should not compromise its deepest values by using torture tactics.

John McCain: Torture Did Not Lead To Osama Bin Laden (VIDEO)
Leon Panetta, and two other heads of the CIA say differently.......After all, they are the ones who have full access to all information.

Deal with it!

Waterboarding led to the first bits of info. Bush's policies worked. Obama and several liberal idiots were cackiling like caged hens that Bush's policies didn't work, and that waterboarding couldn't possibly lead to credible information.....Once again, liberal idiots were proven abjectly wrong on YET ANOTHER ISSUE.....It's a pattern with liberals.

And teh best thing is, Waterboarding isn't torture so, it was a win win all the way around!

Yet you reject the means it took to get him?

I would never reject the SEALS.

I understand from your posts since the announcement that you do not see the taking out of OBL as a victory. I get that totally.

Name rank a serial number of the person who was there?

I understand from your posts since the announcement that you do not see the taking out of OBL as a victory. I get that totally

Really? You must have missed a few because you should by now know that Bin Laden wan't wanted for the 9/11 attacks by the FBI.

Yes, we've been reading your mea culpas over his death for a week now.

The burden would be on those who want to tie our hands to show the benefit.
Frankly I don't see any benefit to pledging not to use waterboarding.

WASHINGTON – The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committees is insisting that enhanced interrogation techniques were not a factor in the discovery of Osama bin Laden's whereabouts and he rejected any form of torture.

[...]

McCain addressed his opposition to torture and said it did not play a role in the search for bin Laden in a Washington Post op-ed published on Wednesday:

I asked CIA Director Leon Panetta for the facts, and he told me the following: The trail to bin Laden did not begin with a disclosure from Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times. The first mention of Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti — the nickname of the al-Qaeda courier who ultimately led us to bin Laden — as well as a description of him as an important member of al-Qaeda, came from a detainee held in another country, who we believe was not tortured. None of the three detainees who were waterboarded provided Abu Ahmed’s real name, his whereabouts or an accurate description of his role in al-Qaeda.
In fact, the use of “enhanced interrogation techniques” on Khalid Sheik Mohammed produced false and misleading information. He specifically told his interrogators that Abu Ahmed had moved to Peshawar, got married and ceased his role as an al-Qaeda facilitator — none of which was true. According to the staff of the Senate intelligence committee, the best intelligence gained from a CIA detainee — information describing Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti’s real role in al-Qaeda and his true relationship to bin Laden — was obtained through standard, noncoercive means.

McCain was a prisoner of war for five and a half years in North Vietnam. He said the U.S. should not compromise its deepest values by using torture tactics.

Leon Panetta, and two other heads of the CIA say differently.......After all, they are the ones who have full access to all information.

Deal with it!

Waterboarding led to the first bits of info. Bush's policies worked. Obama and several liberal idiots were cackiling like caged hens that Bush's policies didn't work, and that waterboarding couldn't possibly lead to credible information.....Once again, liberal idiots were proven abjectly wrong on YET ANOTHER ISSUE.....It's a pattern with liberals.

And teh best thing is, Waterboarding isn't torture so, it was a win win all the way around!
That's why Sean Hannity did it for charity.

[...]

First issue with that post: KSM wasn't waterboarded 183 times. The actual number was about 3.

It would depend.

Then why don't you push for it to be used in those situations rather than solely in the situations involving terrorism?

I've never heard one person pushing for it to be done to american suspects.

OK, I'll start. Does that make you feel better? Want a cookie?

Was there a point to that line of questioning?

Well I'm glad you will start, if you actually do, consistency in principles is a good thing.

Although it's very rare in hardcore partisans, the future will tell us I guess.

I have posted that link at least 2 dozen times where the CIA chief said some of the information was given because of waterboarding.

And others have posted contrary info. We do not know for sure...and will probably never know for sure. But what the heck....let's sell our souls anyways.

Can't beat a link that has a video with the actual words coming out of his mouth saying it, especially when he was asked three different ways

"the nickname of the al-Qaeda courier who ultimately led us to bin Laden — as well as a description of him as an important member of al-Qaeda, came from a detainee held in
another country, who we believe was not tortured."

He believes no "torture" was used, but he can't guarantee it.

CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News that waterboarding and other harsh interrogation techniques yielded some of the information that helped the U.S. find and kill Osama bin Laden.

[...]

First issue with that post: KSM wasn't waterboarded 183 times. The actual number was about 3.

Source?

Then why don't you push for it to be used in those situations rather than solely in the situations involving terrorism?

I've never heard one person pushing for it to be done to american suspects.

OK, I'll start. Does that make you feel better? Want a cookie?

Was there a point to that line of questioning?

Well I'm glad you will start, if you actually do, consistency in principles is a good thing.

Although it's very rare in hardcore partisans, the future will tell us I guess.
OK so there was actually no point to your line of questioning. Fuckstick.

Deal with it!

That's why Sean Hannity did it for charity.
What the fuck does Hannity have to do with anything?

Oh, and you were a pilot, correct?.......Were you assigned any piloting tasks that may have possibly put you over enemy territory, with the threat of possibly being shot down, and if you survived, being taken prisoner?

Just curious.

"the nickname of the al-Qaeda courier who ultimately led us to bin Laden — as well as a description of him as an important member of al-Qaeda, came from a detainee held in

CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News that waterboarding and other harsh interrogation techniques yielded some of the information that helped the U.S. find and kill Osama bin Laden.

Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.

CIA chief: Waterboarding aided bin Laden raid - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

YOU CAN ALSO LISTEN TO HIM SAY IT WHEN ASKED THREE DIFFERENT WAY STARTING AT 8:00 INTO THE VIDEO.

I understand from your posts since the announcement that you do not see the taking out of OBL as a victory. I get that totally.

Name rank a serial number of the person who was there?

I understand from your posts since the announcement that you do not see the taking out of OBL as a victory. I get that totally

Really? You must have missed a few because you should by now know that Bin Laden wan't wanted for the 9/11 attacks by the FBI.

Yes, we've been reading your mea culpas over his death for a week now.

Are you calling the men and women of the FBI liars?

[...]

you were there, huh?

:lol:

Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.

CIA chief: Waterboarding aided bin Laden raid - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

YOU CAN ALSO LISTEN TO HIM SAY IT WHEN ASKED THREE DIFFERENT WAY STARTING AT 8:00 INTO THE VIDEO.
Lets just give these liberal fools who live in complete denial the exact question from Williams, and the exact answer from Panetta who clearly confirmed that info that got the ball rolling was obtained through waterboarding.

Williams: Turned around the other way, are you denying that waterboarding was, IN PART, among the tactics used to EXTRACT THE INTELLIGENCE THAT LED TO THIS SUCCESSFUL MISSION?

Panetta: NO!, I think some of the detainees clearly were, you know, they used these enhanced interrogation teqniques against some of these detainees. But im also saying that, you know, the debate about whether---whether WE WOULD HAVE gotten the SAME INFORMATION through other approaches I think is always gonna be an open question.

So, waterboarding was used, it worked, and should always be a tool in the box that can be pulled to help protect american lives.......Anybody who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back