A few questions for the fundies

I do not doubt those numbers. Your concerns about how good of Christians they are, should not be presented in a thread or a time, when the Political and Cultural Elites want to marginalize Christians.
I was simply quoting Scripture. Jesus Himself said that Christians will always be a minority. So there is no way that America can be 70+ percent Christian. Most "Christians" are luke-warm Christians. And we both know what Jesus said about them. Besides, if America was over half Christian, Obama never would have been elected once, let alone twice.

The media lied to the people about who and what Obama is.

This nation is majority Christian. That is a fact. That you consider them not good enough Christians is a whole other issue.
In other words, most American Christians are normal Christians, just fakers.

Nothing in my post justifies your mis-interpretation.

That you felt a need to lie, shows that you yourself know that your position is false.

75% of Americans identify as Christian.

Only a self deluded fool or a liar. would claim that being Christian in this nation is not normal.
The US isn't a normal nation by your definition, and the Christians in it aren't normal either, fakers or not. Christians are a minority in the world, so also not normal by your definition. And since no religion is a majority in the world, then being in any of them is not normal. Thanks for clearing that up. :biggrin:

The vast majority of the world is a member of some religion.

America is normal in that regard.

Christianity is one of the major religions.

America, in this regard, is a normal nation.

Within America, being Christian is completely normal.

I've posted dictionary definitions that explained how this works.

At this point, you are being purposefully obtuse.

I was simply quoting Scripture. Jesus Himself said that Christians will always be a minority. So there is no way that America can be 70+ percent Christian. Most "Christians" are luke-warm Christians. And we both know what Jesus said about them. Besides, if America was over half Christian, Obama never would have been elected once, let alone twice.

This nation is majority Christian. That is a fact. That you consider them not good enough Christians is a whole other issue.
Looks like you're calling Jesus a liar then. Christians have been and will always be a minority. It doesn't matter what someone identifies as. After all, there are men and women who identify as something other than what they were born as.

Your odd take on this is noted, and off topic.

This nation is majority Christian, and that is a fact.
Lol. It is not a fact. And I'm not off topic since you are the one who made the majority claim. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. There is no Christian majority, according to Scriprure. THAT'S a fact.

According to the Census, it is majority Christian.
Like I said. It doesn't matter what any census says. People can call themselves whatever they like. Doesn't make it so. I go by what the Bible says. You should too. The Bible says that Christians are a minority. You gonna argue with God? Good luck with that.

That you felt a need to lie, shows that you yourself know that your position is false.

Only a self deluded fool or a liar. would claim that being Christian in this nation is not normal.
The US isn't a normal nation by your definition, and the Christians in it aren't normal either, fakers or not. Christians are a minority in the world, so also not normal by your definition. And since no religion is a majority in the world, then being in any of them is not normal. Thanks for clearing that up. :biggrin:

Most Christians in the U.S. belong to the Catholic Church. A Pagan religion.

Looks like you're calling Jesus a liar then. Christians have been and will always be a minority. It doesn't matter what someone identifies as. After all, there are men and women who identify as something other than what they were born as.

Lol. It is not a fact. And I'm not off topic since you are the one who made the majority claim. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. There is no Christian majority, according to Scriprure. THAT'S a fact.

Like I said. It doesn't matter what any census says. People can call themselves whatever they like. Doesn't make it so. I go by what the Bible says. You should too. The Bible says that Christians are a minority. You gonna argue with God? Good luck with that.

I'm arguing with an anti-Christian bigot who wants to marginalize Christians.

By denying that Christians are a majority of this nation, you are helping him, in a small way.

NOt true.

Christianity in the United States - Wikipedia

"All Protestant denominations accounted for 51.3%, while the Catholic Church by itself, at 23.9%, was the largest individual denomination. A 2008 Pew study categorizes white evangelical Protestants, 26.3% of the population, as the country's largest religious cohort;[6] another study in 2004 estimates evangelical Protestants of all races at 30–35%.[7] The United Methodist Church is the third largest church in the United States, and is the largest mainline denomination"

I'm arguing with an anti-Christian bigot who wants to marginalize Christians.

By denying that Christians are a majority of this nation, you are helping him, in a small way.
The majority of Americans CLAIM to be Christians. You do know the difference, don't you?

NOt true.

Christianity in the United States - Wikipedia

"All Protestant denominations accounted for 51.3%, while the Catholic Church by itself, at 23.9%, was the largest individual denomination. A 2008 Pew study categorizes white evangelical Protestants, 26.3% of the population, as the country's largest religious cohort;[6] another study in 2004 estimates evangelical Protestants of all races at 30–35%.[7] The United Methodist Church is the third largest church in the United States, and is the largest mainline denomination"
OK. I stand corrected. It doesn't change the fact that Christians are a minority, according to the Bible. If you're going to argue about Christianity, you should be prepared to back it up with Scripture. Not opinion polls.

Matthew 7:13-14

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a FEW FIND IT.

I think as an Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian, I take issue with the word "normal". First, we as part of the human race are sinners. To sin is "normal". However, through Jesus the Messiah/Christ we can be forgiven and be seen as righteous in GOD's sight. Now, as a Christian one gains a desire through the Holy Spirit to please GOD and not sin. That doesn't mean that I no longer make mistakes or sin, but I'm forgiven of my sin and have a growing desire to please GOD.

As a true Bible Believing Christian, I see others not through where they attend services but how they view Jesus, the Bible, and their own Salvation. Does someone see a relationship with GOD as personal (brotherly/sisterly) with Jesus, or as a third party with some go-between. This is where I begin to draw the line between Real/True Christians and Social clubs/cults.

I find most people see GOD as the head of some conglomerate or as non-existent. So, in that regard I find myself in somewhat of a peculiar position. I'm not interested in being part of the majority, my desire is only to be correct in my relationship with the Heavenly Father.

I do realize I'm not perfect and I still make mistakes, and I'm still growing and maturing in the LORD. My perfection will only arrive once I die. But I can still trust the Lord and depend on Him for guidance and my salvation. This provides me with JOY!
There’s no proof of a Heavenly Father who cares that we follow a book. You live in a fantasy world.

I think as an Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian, I take issue with the word "normal". First, we as part of the human race are sinners. To sin is "normal". However, through Jesus the Messiah/Christ we can be forgiven and be seen as righteous in GOD's sight. Now, as a Christian one gains a desire through the Holy Spirit to please GOD and not sin. That doesn't mean that I no longer make mistakes or sin, but I'm forgiven of my sin and have a growing desire to please GOD.

As a true Bible Believing Christian, I see others not through where they attend services but how they view Jesus, the Bible, and their own Salvation. Does someone see a relationship with GOD as personal (brotherly/sisterly) with Jesus, or as a third party with some go-between. This is where I begin to draw the line between Real/True Christians and Social clubs/cults.

I find most people see GOD as the head of some conglomerate or as non-existent. So, in that regard I find myself in somewhat of a peculiar position. I'm not interested in being part of the majority, my desire is only to be correct in my relationship with the Heavenly Father.

I do realize I'm not perfect and I still make mistakes, and I'm still growing and maturing in the LORD. My perfection will only arrive once I die. But I can still trust the Lord and depend on Him for guidance and my salvation. This provides me with JOY!
Bottom line. If Christ is not first in your life, then you probably aren't really a Christian. If there is something in your life that takes time away from God, then perhaps some soul searching is in order. Just saying.
Ya, some soul searching about why you think an invisible beings wants us to follow a book.

I was simply quoting Scripture. Jesus Himself said that Christians will always be a minority. So there is no way that America can be 70+ percent Christian. Most "Christians" are luke-warm Christians. And we both know what Jesus said about them. Besides, if America was over half Christian, Obama never would have
been elected once, let alone twice.

Christians aren’t a majority in the world. By your own definition it’s not normal to be a Christian. Or is it already time to move the goalposts?

There’s no proof of a Heavenly Father who cares that we follow a book. You live in a fantasy world.

Ya, some soul searching about why you think an invisible beings wants us to follow a book.

Let me ask you this... do you think that all behaviors lead to equal outcomes?

Or do you believe that there are certain behaviors which naturally lead to success, peace and harmony and certain behaviors which naturally lead to disorder, chaos and failure?

BTW Republicans have control of all three branches of government. In what way don't we have full control? How would you define full control?
Full control means having a complete grasp on reality. That's not you.

Weak.
The guy’s a Mormon, ancient submarines, golden plates, magic underwear... which by any measurement doesn’t equate to a complete grasp on reality, like the GOP.
Are you a bleeding heart liberal?

That explains everything.
Why, only Liberals can see people for what they really are?
Liberals tend to feel while conservatives tend to think.

I'm using the standard english meaning, as cited in my link to dictionary.com.

You are using one you made up in your head to support your hatred of Christians.

I note that you complained about muslims cutting off people's hands, well after and far less than you did about Mormons wearing underwear.

Funny that.
A normal person wouldn't believe in invisible beings in other dimensions as though it were true and proven. Sorry, but you just lost again. :biggrin:

The definition of normal clearly states otherwise.

Your denial of this simple fact is irrational of you.

Even more so that it has been repeatedly and clearly shown to you.
It's not normal for you to be so obsessed in a losing cause. And it's not normal to be a Christian. In ANY definition. :biggrin:
Actually a normal person wouldn't be taking advice from someone who hasn't accomplished diddly squat in life.

We'd end up looking like you if we did.
Again, no proof to back up your statement. No surprise there.
My proof is observing you in these conversations.

Christians aren’t a majority in the world. By your own definition it’s not normal to be a Christian. Or is it already time to move the goalposts?

Only the most dishonest type of person would pretend that the only community standards are Global Standards.

The US has over 300 million people. Plenty big enough to be considered as a unit by itself.

Your pretense otherwise is nothing but a weak rationalization of your anti-Christian Bigotry.

Let me ask you this... do you think that all behaviors lead to equal outcomes?

Or do you believe that there are certain behaviors which naturally lead to success, peace and harmony and certain behaviors which naturally lead to disorder, chaos and failure?
Ya, your life led to a total failure.

Full control means having a complete grasp on reality. That's not you.

Weak.
The guy’s a Mormon, ancient submarines, golden plates, magic underwear... which by any measurement doesn’t equate to a complete grasp on reality, like the GOP.
Are you a bleeding heart liberal?

That explains everything.
Why, only Liberals can see people for what they really are?
Liberals tend to feel while conservatives tend to think.
Nice personal opinion, too bad it’s wrong.

A normal person wouldn't believe in invisible beings in other dimensions as though it were true and proven. Sorry, but you just lost again. :biggrin:

The definition of normal clearly states otherwise.

Your denial of this simple fact is irrational of you.

Even more so that it has been repeatedly and clearly shown to you.
It's not normal for you to be so obsessed in a losing cause. And it's not normal to be a Christian. In ANY definition. :biggrin:
Actually a normal person wouldn't be taking advice from someone who hasn't accomplished diddly squat in life.

We'd end up looking like you if we did.
Again, no proof to back up your statement. No surprise there.
My proof is observing you in these conversations.
Like I said, you have no proof of anything. Please try again.

Only the most dishonest type of person would pretend that the only community standards are Global Standards.

The US has over 300 million people. Plenty big enough to be considered as a unit by itself.

Your pretense otherwise is nothing but a weak rationalization of your anti-Christian Bigotry.
Sure if you Cherry pick the data, you can come up with pretty much any conclusion you choose. So Christianity is normal in a not normal country like the US. Agreed?

Sure if you Cherry pick the data, you can come up with pretty much any conclusion you choose. So Christianity is normal in a not normal country like the US. Agreed?

Discussing a nation of 300 million people as a population is hardly cherry picking.

Your need to be dishonest about this reveals that you know you are in the wrong.

Christians are normal in the US. You being agnostic, is the unusual one.

That is the reality of the situation.

Forum List

Back