A former Trump supporter describes her escape

I can only imagine the attacks this will inspire (yawn), but this young lady says some important things here. She describes being raised on talk radio, and ultimately how she made her escape.

And for those who scream "TDS!", we both know: This is isn't about him. It never HAS been. It's about YOU.

Some salient moments, exactly the same opinions and behaviors we see here:
  • "Sometimes I think Republicans develop develop conspiracy theories to deal with things they just can't accept. They're in total denial, and they'd rather live in a fake reality than the real one".
  • "I believed that Democrats were totally evil and that Republicans were the good guys".
  • "I fell right in line. When you think the other side is evil, you can't imagine voting for anyone other than your own guy".
  • "I voted for Trump. I thought I had some unconvential wisdom that other women didn't."
  • On her escape: "It was a process of realizing what I already knew deep down: That he (Trump) was unprincipled and unpresidential."
  • "He should be absolutely nowhere near the Oval Office".
  • "Once that I came to the realization that he has a mental illness, everything started to make sense. That's when I got angry".
  • "It showed me the truth: That everything the party said they believed in was a lie. Every value was a lie. Because if you can stand by a man like Donald Trump, you didn't have values. You didn't have principles. Period. To me, it lifted the curtain on everything".

I think enough sane republicans will stay home in November or even vote for Biden.

Look up his name. Do a search on Mac threads and laugh and laugh while he tells us WE are in a cult

The dude is OBSESSED with Trump
And the funny part is he doesn't see it.
And equally delusional about seeing himself above the fray, not realizing he IS the fray. In every sense.
He believes he is qualified to CONSTANTLY tell everyone how and why they are less than how he sees himself: Superior.
He displays this in every thread he makes.
Even now as he reads this - he is thinking to himself.. "another Trumper who isn't as smart as me".

Can you imagine living with someone like this? Dear God.

I can only imagine the attacks this will inspire (yawn), but this young lady says some important things here. She describes being raised on talk radio, and ultimately how she made her escape.

And for those who scream "TDS!", we both know: This is isn't about him. It never HAS been. It's about YOU.

• "Sometimes I think Republicans develop develop conspiracy theories to deal with things they just can't accept. They're in total denial, and they'd rather live in a fake reality than the real one".
  • "I believed that Democrats were totally evil and that Republicans were the good guys".
  • "I fell right in line. When you think the other side is evil, you can't imagine voting for anyone other than your own guy".
  • "I voted for Trump. I thought I had some unconvential wisdom that other women didn't."
  • On her escape: "It was a process of realizing what I already knew deep down: That he (Trump) was unprincipled and unpresidential."
  • "Once that I came to the realization that he has a mental illness, everything started to make sense. That's when I got angry".
  • "It showed me the truth: That everything the party said they believed in was a lie. Every value was a lie. Because if you can stand by a man like Donald Trump, you didn't have values. You didn't have principles. Period. To me, it lifted the curtain on everything".

She sounds as stupid as you. But it's probably fake

Republican voters back when bush was president and rush was alive are no different today. They defended bush after we figured out he lied us into iraq. They defended him and said he didn’t cause the recession. They even voted for people today they admit are traitors. They went along and voted for McCain and Romney.

Trump made them admit they were wrong in the 2000s

Today they even know right wing media is lying to them. They don’t care. So we just know more about them then we did back then.

I think that's a part of it. Watch interviews with them, and they usually have the same weird, condescending "I know something you don't know" smile on their face, as they say things that are simply ridiculous.

That would be the liberals. They all have a bit of a smirk when answering questions. Take a look at the college presidents that were being questioned about their code of conduct. Smug and condescending.

Republicans start conspiracies to explain things they can’t understand

Conservative radio spreads racist conspiracies theories. Like Obama is a member of the Muslim brotherhood and Michelle’s a man

Hillary is a psychopath demon from hell

Malignant narcissist trump. Trump checks all 9 boxes.

Republicans need to listen to this girl

Today they even know right wing media is lying to them.
I'm not so sure on this part. In real life, when I look in their eyes, I see rage or fear. Or both. They MUST be buying at least SOME of this.

I started following Alex Jones when he was reinstated to Twitter. This is truly disturbing stuff. The most disturbing is always the responses to his tweets, the people who really do believe what he pushes. There's one going right now that says that pills being prescribed to people include ground up babies, babies that have been stolen and collected up and killed by the Left for the drug industry. I am not making this up. So his people are absolutely beyond enraged, he's egging them on, and it's fuckin' terrifying.

Holy shit, a lotta good stuff there to unpack.

First, this cult didn't just spring up out of nowhere. This has been building for decades, coinciding with the Left's absolutely ridiculous and destructive adherence to, and later enforcement of, Political Correctness and Identity Politics. The Right, in my view, has had plenty of material to work with in that area. But because of their media, which has infused all arguments with heaping measures of over-the-top hyperbole and paranoia, these people have spectacularly overcompensated to the point where they are simply no longer connected to reality. Then the ultimate, shameless, needy, mentally ill orange genie comes along to open the box and out it all came.

The Left denies their participation in this disaster, and summarily rejects any part in it whatsoever. Yet their actions were and are specifically what has animated this orange group. Just ASK those who were and are so turned on by Trump. Talk Radio and MAGA media just has to point at a lot of it. The Left provided all the ammo that talk radio needed, and more. They still do. And they still deny it.

What do I believe? Well, I believe that the two parties still have it in them to return to communication, collaboration, innovation, decency, honesty and intelligence. But yeah, my hope that this happens is beginning to dwindle, and I think that if we don't change and fix a political/electoral system that enables and rewards the very worst behaviors of its participants, we may never get there.
great post, mac. the "trumpists have absorbed more cults than the catholic church. from anarchists to zion they all bow to dear leaser.

maybe these really are the end times. being "left behind" with these guys has been a tribulation.

happy new year.

I'm not so sure on this part. In real life, when I look in their eyes, I see rage or fear. Or both. They MUST be buying at least SOME of this.

I started following Alex Jones when he was reinstated to Twitter. This is truly disturbing stuff. The most disturbing is always the responses to his tweets, the people who really do believe what he pushes. There's one going right now that says that pills being prescribed to people include ground up babies, babies that have been stolen and collected up and killed by the Left for the drug industry. I am not making this up. So his people are absolutely beyond enraged, he's egging them on, and it's fuckin' terrifying.
They tune into fox even though they know fox lies to them because

A. They want to feel they aren’t alone
B. Confirmation what they believe is true

great post, mac. the "trumpists have absorbed more cults than the catholic church. from anarchists to zion they all bow to dear leaser.

maybe these really are the end times. being "left behind" with these guys has been a tribulation.

happy new year.
I fear a civil war. Right wing militias ramping up the violence. Hell, it may have already started.

1703509602018.jpeg

Forum List

Back