A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

I have no issues with polygamy if it is between consenting adults
Incest is illegal as is sex with a 10 year old

You still didn't answer the question. How does gay marriage diminish your own marriage?

Marriage with several people is just as illegal as sex with a ten year old. Why do you feal one sort of legal restriction is permissible but another isn't?

What is the point of my answering questions if you refuse to read my answers??

CONSENTING ADULTS is, as I have pointed out numerous times, the key.

So all consenting adults should be able to marry? brothers and sisters; fathers and adult daughters; mothers and adult sons. etc?

Why don't you allow Men and women to marry multiple partners? Or allow Man to marry their daughters? Or adults to marry 10 year olds?

Marriage is an institution that is more important than some day to day politics.

Ten year-olds can't give permission.

No normal, healthy male would want to marry his daughter - or vice versa.

Multiple partners, as I have stated numerous times? That's their fight.

This is my fight. If you can marry a woman, I should be able to marry a woman.

If I can marry a man, RW should be able to marry a man.

The law as it stands is denying roughly 10% of the population their right to marriage, and don't tell me marriage isn't a right, because fuck-all 90% of the country can marry their dearly beloved.

But my sister and her partner cannot.

And that is bullshit.

First of all you are of course being hypocritical. For others it's "their fight", but for the issue you defend it's somehow a "right".

You say that no healthy man would want to marry his daughter. Well there arte some people who say that no healthy man should want to marry another man.

Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. You wish to dump this fundamental social norm on the altar of some political correct flavour of the day. That is frankly - in the most literal sense of the word - uncivilized.

Not the point. Goes to action, not opinion. Nobody cares what 'some people' think, when 'some people' are trying to deny others their rights. The man in question would not want to marry his daughter.

I notice you had to cherry pick your argument. Not a good sign.

Marriage with several people is just as illegal as sex with a ten year old. Why do you feal one sort of legal restriction is permissible but another isn't?

So all consenting adults should be able to marry? brothers and sisters; fathers and adult daughters; mothers and adult sons. etc?

Let me know how many of those you can find. Because I know it's probably about .000001% - and gays comprise 10% of the population.

Well, you're talking to someone with constant wood, as he so politely informed me, so there's no blood flow to the brain.

Not sure what you're referring to here. But that you are stupid and can't hold up an argument I've learnt in other threads.

And none of you pansy ass straights have YET to answer - when did you choose to be straight. What gay experience did you have that made you CHOOSE straight?? Because if it's a choice, you must have made it.

Strap on a pair and answer me.

Oh I didn't realize I was one of those "pansy ass straights" you were directing the question at. Well I guess when I was a small child and saw Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Agnetha Faltskog singing "Take a Chance on Me". At that point I sprung a little boner and realized I was destined to be a straight man in adulthood. :lol:

Exactly!! You didn't think. Your body let you know who you were.

Gays experience the same thing. My sister-in-law (who cares if they can't marry, that's who she is to me) says she knew when she was five. So obviously, there was no choice involved. She just always knew.

Why don't you allow Men and women to marry multiple partners? Or allow Man to marry their daughters? Or adults to marry 10 year olds?

Marriage is an institution that is more important than some day to day politics.

The law as it stands is denying roughly 10% of the population their right to marriage, and don't tell me marriage isn't a right, because fuck-all 90% of the country can marry their dearly beloved.

And that is bullshit.

First of all you are of course being hypocritical. For others it's "their fight", but for the issue you defend it's somehow a "right".

You say that no healthy man would want to marry his daughter. Well there arte some people who say that no healthy man should want to marry another man.

Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. You wish to dump this fundamental social norm on the altar of some political correct flavour of the day. That is frankly - in the most literal sense of the word - uncivilized.

Two points:

First, it is not the flavor of the day. It is a fundamental principle of equality for all. Homosexuality is not new, by any means. The people in question have often been in committed relationships for decades.

Second, using the logical fallacy of Appeal to Tradition is a bogus debate technique. The fact that things have been one way for a long time does not mean that they are right. Traditionally we burned witches, had slaves, and wives were property. All of those were long standing, accepted practices. But we woke up to the realitythat they were wrong.

Well why don't we try to stick to reality here. That's never going to happen so it's a completely irrelevant point. I mean what if the oceans turned to jello? Come on man.

People in America long ago once thought Marriage was between a man and a woman, now they are trying to make it man and man. Gay marriage was not in most peoples reality, but as time goes by it has become a reality. With that said society may just go that way in time. Not in my life time but it may just come.

People in America long ago used to hang witches too. And I am sorry to tell you this but unless you plan to be dead in the next 5-10 years it's going to become nationally legalized in your lifetime. Fight it all you want, but the momentum is not going your way. You're fighting a losing battle.

North Carolina will always be a no we are going to have a Constitutional amendment. So if you want a gay marriage do not come to North Carolina.

Let me know how many of those you can find. Because I know it's probably about .000001% - and gays comprise 10% of the population.

There is actually no real proff for the figures you mention, but they are immaterial and irrelevant to this discussion. But I note that you feel all restrictions on brothers and sisters marrying should be lifted. Very "enlightened" of you.

Well, you're talking to someone with constant wood, as he so politely informed me, so there's no blood flow to the brain.

Not sure what you're referring to here. But that you are stupid and can't hold up an argument I've learnt in other threads.

Obviously not you, and now that you're down to attacking me, I know you don't have a leg to stand on in this particular fight.

Gratz!

There is actually no real proff for the figures you mention, but they are immaterial and irrelevant to this discussion. But I note that you feel all restrictions on brothers and sisters marrying should be lifted. Very "enlightened" of you.

Also, since I said nothing of the kind, you are reduced to lying. Second strike.

People in America long ago once thought Marriage was between a man and a woman, now they are trying to make it man and man. Gay marriage was not in most peoples reality, but as time goes by it has become a reality. With that said society may just go that way in time. Not in my life time but it may just come.

People in America long ago used to hang witches too. And I am sorry to tell you this but unless you plan to be dead in the next 5-10 years it's going to become nationally legalized in your lifetime. Fight it all you want, but the momentum is not going your way. You're fighting a losing battle.

North Carolina will always be a no we are going to have a Constitutional amendment. So if you want a gay marriage do not come to North Carolina.

I'll remember you, when that day comes. :)

You asked why I think multiple partner marriages should be allowed and marrying a 10 year old should not.

I answered. And my answer is correct for the question you asked. This dancing around and changing the parameters of the question after you get an answer is simply dishonest.

The sensible solution is to make civil unions legal and equal to marriage in every legal way. Let the religions keep the title "marriage" and let the gays have the privileges that married people enjoy.

The best solution is to get religion out of the law entirely.

All marriages should be done by a civil ceremony. Neither the state nor the federal government should recognize a religious rite as a legal binding contract.

If two consenting adults want to enter into a legal arrangement that combines their legal property rights, which is all a marriage really is, then so be it.

If people feel the need for a religious ceremony then they can have one but a marriage should not be legal until presided over by an officer of the court with the authority to ratify the contract.

And that is bullshit.

Two points:

First, it is not the flavor of the day. It is a fundamental principle of equality for all. Homosexuality is not new, by any means. The people in question have often been in committed relationships for decades.

Second, using the logical fallacy of Appeal to Tradition is a bogus debate technique. The fact that things have been one way for a long time does not mean that they are right. Traditionally we burned witches, had slaves, and wives were property. All of those were long standing, accepted practices. But we woke up to the realitythat they were wrong.

You do realize this is a very recent demand of a very tiny minuscule fraction of humanity who feel that they are enlightened while 99,5% of the world's population are "unenlightened"?

It is NOT a fundamental principle of equality for all. It is nothing but an attempt to destroy a fundamental social norm.

I'll remember you, when that day comes. :)

Well after tomorrow and the amendment get's past gay marriage is dead in the water for North Carolina that is.

You asked why I think multiple partner marriages should be allowed and marrying a 10 year old should not.

I answered. And my answer is correct for the question you asked. This dancing around and changing the parameters of the question after you get an answer is simply dishonest.

I note that you admit that you are not consistent with yourself. Pretty weak.

More people in America favor gay marriage than are against it. You've already lost.

The rest of the world is more enlightened, i.e., they don't see what the big deal is. Gays are people. I know it's such a radical concept, you're having trouble wrapping your brain around it. But they are. They fall in love, and they want to get married.

Well first of all I would hardly call American society "civilized". Certainly we are far more technologically advanced than any other culture in world history, but I can make a strong argument that that technological advantage hasn't resulted in an advanced sense of civility.

Marriage is a definition. Traditionally, it has been as you describe, but society has the right and indeed the obligation to redefine whatever they choose whenever they choose. That's why we don't burn witches anymore...and very soon we will stop repressing the rights of homosexuals as well for a very simple reason. We are in the process of choosing something different and redefining ourselves as a society and that's a natural, acceptable, and desirable thing for a society to do.

Last edited:
I have no issues with polygamy if it is between consenting adults
Incest is illegal as is sex with a 10 year old

You still didn't answer the question. How does gay marriage diminish your own marriage?

The issue is laws are passed against actions which harm society. Murder harms society, stealing harms society, incest harms society, pedophilia harms society

Two people of the same sex getting married does not harm society

It does, because it undermines society.

Forum List

Back