A Visit to a Care Home--and Thoughts About Illegals

Sweet, sweet Sue.

You've ignored the facts. I know for a fact that you've been in threads where the facts were posted. You refused to learn.

The impact that undocumented immigrants have on our economy is positive. We'd lose money if they all suddenly left or were deported. These are facts.

This is absolutely untrue just in the money we pay to educate their children.

Incorrect. You are pulling that out of your ass. You bleeeev it. You want it to be true. But it isn't.

So in your Utopia, Illegal Mother working under the table is totally bringing in what it costs the school district to not only educate her four children what it costs to educate English-speaking children, but also to teach them English and to feed them breakfast and lunch every single day of the school year. And provide for them remedial education as well.

On her under-the-table wages, it is your assertion that she is bringing in money to equal that education. From her under-the-table wages.

Do that math for me. Let's see it.

You've presented a scenerio that doesn't exist.

You've been provided with the evidence but prefer to be ignorant.

Oh sweetie I know it exists.

No you don't. You're spewing talking points.

I'll bet you've also seen a fat black woman with a fresh manicure buying steaks and lobster at WalMart with her SNAP card. Right? Did she leave in a new Lexus?

Why doesn't the OP know that undocumented immigrants represent a net positive for the US economy?
Why, of course it does, for those that hire them to clean their homes, do their lawns, as nannies, etc. My guess is there are more employed individually than through corporations. And I surmise Hollywood, DC, NYC, etc, are filled will people that could afford to pay someone over the table, rather than under it. We hire over the table, rather than under it.

Incorrect. You are pulling that out of your ass. You bleeeev it. You want it to be true. But it isn't.

So in your Utopia, Illegal Mother working under the table is totally bringing in what it costs the school district to not only educate her four children what it costs to educate English-speaking children, but also to teach them English and to feed them breakfast and lunch every single day of the school year. And provide for them remedial education as well.

On her under-the-table wages, it is your assertion that she is bringing in money to equal that education. From her under-the-table wages.

I'll bet you've also seen a fat black woman with a fresh manicure buying steaks and lobster at WalMart with her SNAP card. Right? Did she leave in a new Lexus?

No I haven't. But I know of the former. Many cases.

No I haven't. But I know of the former. Many cases.

I don't believe you.

Okay, here's the problem with your whole theory.

If we don't have immigration, we aren't going to have enough young people paying into the system to keep it afloat. I mean, it would be nice if the politicians stopped stealing from Social Security to pay for bombers and tax cuts for billionaires, but at some point, we are going to need more younger people to provide the tax revenues for these folks.

Not to mention a pool of people to change Granny's Depends(R) for minimum wage.

The reality, immigration is a net benefit, because we get the value of the goods and services produced by these immigrants, as opposed to these old folks in nursing homes who really don't produce anything at this point in their lives.

Illegals don't "pay into the system". Hello?

Many illegals are illegal because they did not renew either green cards or visa's, these illegals certainly do pay into the system if they are working through a TIN or Social Security number they got early on. There are many more of these illegals that are jumping the border.

Illegals don't "pay into the system". Hello?

Sure they do. When they use a fake SSN, money is going INTO the system. They also pay into the system when they pay sales taxes and other taxes.

More to the point, who do you think is taking the jobs at those nursing homes that white Christian folks are dumping their unwanted relatives into?

Elderly care has gotten better, but I agree it's heartbreaking in so many cases. I couldn't do it--I couldn't tend to elderly people,

Well, Good thing we have undocumented immigrants who are willing to take care of them, then.

NOw if we could only get racist assholes to stop hassling them or trying to build walls to show their hatred.

You're a very simple thinker, Joe. A shame for a person your age, but there it is.

No SS you are a very simple thinker and have no idea.

Economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States - Wikipedia

The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy released a report in February 2016, stating that 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States are paying annually an estimated amount of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes, "on average an estimated 8 percent of their incomes."

How do Undocumented Workers File Tax Returns Without a Valid Social Security Number?
Though certain non-citizens are eligible for to receive Social Security numbers to pay taxes, unauthorized immigrants are ineligible to receive one. However, it is still law that individuals who reside in the United States, whether legally or not, and earn income here must pay taxes on that income, and file a tax return, regardless of whether the income was earned as an undocumented worker—a complicated legal conundrum.

Further, the IRS will not allow a tax return to be filed with a fake or stolen Social Security number. Therefore, unauthorized workers who wish to file their taxes–and potentially get future credit for it— must find another way. Thus, many use the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN, which allows immigrants without Social Security numbers to legally file tax returns and claim the income reported on their W-2’s to the IRS.

What is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)?
In 1996, the Internal Revenue Service created the ITIN to provide a way for noncitizens who earn income in the United States, including legally-present noncitizens who do not have Social Security numbers, to pay taxes on money earned in the United States while not being technically employed by a U.S employer. For example, ITINs allow foreign nationals to pay taxes on the interest earned in a U.S. bank or investment account. They also allow spouses of work-authorized visa-holders to pay taxes on self-employment income, among other uses.

Most experts believe that the vast majority of tax returns filed with ITINs today are filed by undocumented immigrants rather than the intended recipient groups—a few categories of noncitizens who do not have a Social Security number and are not authorized to work but who are still earning income and legally residing in the United States. In 2010, ITINs were used to file over 3 million federal tax returns.

How do Undocumented Immigrants Pay Federal Taxes? An Explainer

If we don't have immigration, we aren't going to have enough young people paying into the system to keep it afloat. I mean, it would be nice if the politicians stopped stealing from Social Security to pay for bombers and tax cuts for billionaires, but at some point, we are going to need more younger people to provide the tax revenues for these folks.

The reality, immigration is a net benefit, because we get the value of the goods and services produced by these immigrants, as opposed to these old folks in nursing homes who really don't produce anything at this point in their lives.
Maybe if we didn't abort 41 million americans we wouldn't need illegals.

Economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States - Wikipedia

The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy released a report in February 2016, stating that 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States are paying annually an estimated amount of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes, "on average an estimated 8 percent of their incomes."

How do Undocumented Workers File Tax Returns Without a Valid Social Security Number?
Though certain non-citizens are eligible for to receive Social Security numbers to pay taxes, unauthorized immigrants are ineligible to receive one. However, it is still law that individuals who reside in the United States, whether legally or not, and earn income here must pay taxes on that income, and file a tax return, regardless of whether the income was earned as an undocumented worker—a complicated legal conundrum.

Further, the IRS will not allow a tax return to be filed with a fake or stolen Social Security number. Therefore, unauthorized workers who wish to file their taxes–and potentially get future credit for it— must find another way. Thus, many use the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN, which allows immigrants without Social Security numbers to legally file tax returns and claim the income reported on their W-2’s to the IRS.

What is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)?
In 1996, the Internal Revenue Service created the ITIN to provide a way for noncitizens who earn income in the United States, including legally-present noncitizens who do not have Social Security numbers, to pay taxes on money earned in the United States while not being technically employed by a U.S employer. For example, ITINs allow foreign nationals to pay taxes on the interest earned in a U.S. bank or investment account. They also allow spouses of work-authorized visa-holders to pay taxes on self-employment income, among other uses.

Most experts believe that the vast majority of tax returns filed with ITINs today are filed by undocumented immigrants rather than the intended recipient groups—a few categories of noncitizens who do not have a Social Security number and are not authorized to work but who are still earning income and legally residing in the United States. In 2010, ITINs were used to file over 3 million federal tax returns.

How do Undocumented Immigrants Pay Federal Taxes? An Explainer

You need an education???

Have no fear....I'm here to save the day!

1. The conservative Heritage Foundation estimated unlawful immigrant households paid $39.2 billion in 2010, but received $93.7 billion in government services.” -- Oliver Darcy

[So much for that fable.]

15 Stats That Destroy Liberal Narratives

And, the money taken from working Americans is sent to Mexico by these Mexican citizens....more money than the

"Remittances totaled more than oil income
Money sent from abroad came to $24.8 billion last year, up 4.75%

Mexico News Daily | Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Remittances sent home by Mexicans working outside the country surpassed [Mexican] petroleum revenues in 2015 for the first time.

There was a 4.75% increase in money sent from abroad, most of which comes from the U.S., to total US $24.8 billion last year, up from $23.6 billion in 2014, said the Bank of México.

The bank said it was the first time remittances had totaled more than petroleum revenues since it began tracking them in 1995.

Oil revenues last year totaled $23.4 billion."
Remittances totaled more than Mexico's oil income

2. "Illegal Immigration Costs $116 billion Annually
“(Washington, D.C.) - Illegal immigration to the U.S. costs federal, state and local taxpayers a staggering net cost of $116 billion a year - an increase of some $16 billion compared to previous estimates - according to a new study released by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). The study is the most comprehensive to date on the cost to federal, state and local taxpayers of the nation's 12.5 million illegal immigrants and their 4.2 million citizen children.

The report, “The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers,” examines the cost of illegal immigration through a detailed analysis of federal, state and local programs that are available to the nation’s illegal immigrant population, their U.S.-born children, or accessed via fraud.

The staggering total costs of illegal immigrants and their children outweigh the taxes paid to federal and state governments by a ratio of roughly 7 to 1, with costs at nearly $135 billion compared to tax revenues at nearly $19 billion.”
http://www.irli.org/single-post/201...BNHYuYpqNoIjJKVFD4cOAuwXVYeLxfAcaAv39EALw_wcB

People with cash have to pay more for the poor masses who are there because Medicaid is paying. Just remember most of us will be in this position. Should they get all our money when we die? We no longer leave out kids our life savings it goes to the hospital.

Ever see what the bill is when your loveone takes 2 weeks to die? Hundreds of thousands of dollars. You have to sell your home to pay the hospital bill sue

Sounds like a good argument for single payer universal health care...

You need an education???

Have no fear....I'm here to save the day!

with more number pointed crazy... NEXT!

/—-/ You’re generalizing. Explain how trade jobs are filled by Americans, like construction, auto mechanics, plumbing and so forth if they don’t want to do manual labor.

Let's see now. Those guys have unions.. That's how it pays well.

What a concept!

The "immigration" you guys are supporting is not doing that. You have other motives.

That's true... this is about humiliating Trump by making him LOSE!

We should have fixed the immigration problem 10 years ago with McCain-Kennedy, a bipartisan agreement that would have resolved all the issues that President Bush supported.

Sweet, sweet Sue.

You've ignored the facts. I know for a fact that you've been in threads where the facts were posted. You refused to learn.

The impact that undocumented immigrants have on our economy is positive. We'd lose money if they all suddenly left or were deported. These are facts.

And we write off the costs when they go to the hospital with no insurance

Still a net positive.

No it’s not. It’s ruining the middle class.

Are you a liberal? Funny how us liberals are just like republicans. We can defend anything our party tells us to defend even if it’s flat out wrong.

But I see what you are saying. I was going to say nothing illegal is good but pot was illegal and still that black market economy was a net positive on the economy. Will be better now that it’s legal though right?

You place the blame for the destruction of the middle class on undocumented immigrants?

Really?
I said it’s one way the rich have attacked the middle class. Just one. There are many others but this is one of them. Don’t try to make more out of it than what it is. And it’s obvious. You couldn’t find Americans to cut your grass for $8 hr so you found illegals to do it. Imagine if you just offered Americans $10. Or $12!

But people who pay to get their grass cut don’t mind the cheap labor. Factories don’t mind the cheap labor and unpatriotic consumers too

If we don't have LEGAL immigration, we aren't going to have enough young people paying into the system to keep it afloat. I mean, it would be nice if the politicians stopped stealing from Social Security to pay for bombers and tax cuts for billionaires, but at some point, we are going to need more younger people to provide the tax revenues for these folks.

The reality, LEGAL immigration is a net benefit, because we get the value of the goods and services produced by LEGAL immigrants, as opposed to these old folks in nursing homes who really don't produce anything at this point in their lives.

Fixed it for ya.

Forum List

Back