A whole lot of nothing

Such a silly statement, MalarkeyMarion. Google patient satisfaction at the VA, and you will see that early as three years ago, that patient satisfaction with the VA is the same as that with private hospitals. The problem that is still a sore point is wait times, according to the surveys. I had that years ago at Shreveport and Houston, never had at SLC.
Silly Jakey, anytime government is involved there's red tape, waste, and slowdowns.
And how is that different than families, communities, school districts, business small and huge.

It is not government, MalarkeyMarion: it is human.

The issue is to make government work as a service.

The issue is trying to get government to work without red tape and delays, good luck with that!
That is the issue with all human activities. Business has the same problem, MalarkeyMarion.

This coming from the guy that wants everyone to be nice to him. Fakey the self-righteous jerk
Marion, like you, Papa, gets what he gives. Be polite. Correll simply could not do it. The basic error of the far right is believing that anything from government is wrong, as opposed to business. Both involve humans; thus both involve human error. VA's satisfaction surveys are very similar to private hospital patient surveys.

What burns me is that those people we give decent pay checks, lots &lots of holidays good health care, plus perks, could not get together and fix the health care plan we have & make it work so that we don't have to start this sh#$ all over again, and come up with a new plan that's not any better.

We don't know if it is any better or not because the Senate is supposedly revamping the whole however we don't know because like last time, we have no clue what the bill is.

No big deal, since neither do the morons that voted to pass this bag of shit in the House. No difference between red and blue in that regard; they vote along ideological lines on 2000 page monstrosities full of legalese that no one has read nor would understand even if they did. What happened to the promise about posting legislation three days publicly before any vote was taken on anything?

Any legislation that takes more than a few pages is going to be bad for the American people. There is no getting around that. We ought to raise the requirement to pass legislation to 3/4 in both houses just to prevent most of this bullshit from ever seeing the light of day.

The basic error of the far right is believing that anything from government is wrong, as opposed to business. Both involve humans; thus both involve human error.

You make a common Progressive mistake. With private business, there is accountability and consequences. With government, there is no such thing. If costs explode in government, management suffers not in the least, they simply demand more of someone else's (taxpayers) money.

GOP rep Raul Labrador claimed 'nobody dies' over health care access and got intensely jeered at a town hall

Because they jeered does not mean they are informed, Clearly, they are NOT informed.
Clearly you deny the fact that people have died over failure to access health care.

Can you point me to any story of an emergency room denying healthcare to someone who does not have insurance?
Your question is not encompassed in the OP, so run along. But, I will point out that If you see the ER as the primary care portal for poor children, then you want the most expensive care system in the world with poor results. Your type of thinking is a serious no go in the debate.

The basic error of the far right is believing that anything from government is wrong, as opposed to business. Both involve humans; thus both involve human error.

You make a common Progressive mistake. With private business, there is accountability and consequences. With government, there is no such thing. If costs explode in government, management suffers not in the least, they simply demand more of someone else's (taxpayers) money.
Citizens are responsible for accountability and consequences in government. That is what the Trumpers did in the last election. Your basic failure, as always on the cost issue, is that you conflate business profit with government service.

GOP rep Raul Labrador claimed 'nobody dies' over health care access and got intensely jeered at a town hall

Because they jeered does not mean they are informed, Clearly, they are NOT informed.
Clearly you deny the fact that people have died over failure to access health care.

Can you point me to any story of an emergency room denying healthcare to someone who does not have insurance?
Your question is not encompassed in the OP, so run along. But, I will point out that If you see the ER as the primary care portal for poor children, then you want the most expensive care system in the world with poor results. Your type of thinking is a serious no go in the debate.

So, if I am not in total agreement with you, I should run along? You talk about what 'should be' in the debate, and I talked about 'what is' the reality. No one in this country is flatly denied care. I agree that the emergency room is not the cost effective way of dispensing care, but neither is another government run monstrosity that keeps all the odious qualities of Obamacare sans the individual mandate. It is still unconstitutional government run healthcare, with FedGov playing the role of bagman for the insurance industry.

So, if I am not in total agreement with you, I should run along? You talk about what 'should be' in the debate, and I talked about 'what is' the reality. No one in this country is flatly denied care. I agree that the emergency room is not the cost effective way of dispensing care, but neither is another government run monstrosity that keeps all the odious qualities of Obamacare sans the individual mandate. It is still unconstitutional government run healthcare, with FedGov playing the role of bagman for the insurance industry.
You think, of course, I should be in total agreement with your deflection about ER care as the primary portal for care for the poor. If you wish to get away from AHCA (remember that the GOP now owns it), then go to a single payer medicare program for all. Your opinion about constitutionality of such health care was satisfied twice by the Roberts Court. Gorsuch, based on his judicial rulings, would give that Court a sixth vote.

We don't know if it is any better or not because the Senate is supposedly revamping the whole however we don't know because like last time, we have no clue what the bill is.
I've gotten to the point where I barely pay attention to proposed "laws" until it's actually in effect.

I'm in financial services, and there was a huge new law that was supposed to go into effect last month (DOL). It was signed and ready to go, and now it has been postponed and looks like it's going into the shitter. Financial service companies and mutual fund companies across the country made all kinds of administrative additions and process changes in anticipation, and were left holding the bag. I didn't even read the stupid thing. My partners thought I was nuts.

Yeah, I'll believe this stuff when I see it.

You think, of course, I should be in total agreement with your deflection about ER care as the primary portal for care for the poor. If you wish to get away from AHCA (remember that the GOP now owns it), then go to a single payer medicare program for all. Your opinion about constitutionality of such health care was satisfied twice by the Roberts Court. Gorsuch, based on his judicial rulings, would give that Court a sixth vote.

The Roberts court didn't satisfy anything as it only ruled to the taxing issue on Bozocare. If you can find the specific article and section in the Constitution that authorizes the Federal Government to administer healthcare, I would like to take a look at it.

I didn't deflect anything - I stated it straight away.

With regards to the leftist wet dream of single payer, be careful what you wish for. We already have it in the form of the VA, which is some of the shittiest care available anywhere. The fact remains that anytime the government gets involved in the administration of anything, they screw it up and drive prices through the roof. H/C went to hell as soon as Medicare was enacted, and our leaders make it worse with each passing year by tightening their grip on control.

You want single-payer? Fine. There's a method for getting it. It's called a Constitutional amendment. All you need to do is convince 3/4 of the states to cede more control to the feds.

Heckler and Koch, you are not the constitutional authority on the subject of health care.

Your typical nonsense of a reply about VA is countered, of course, by satisfaction surveys by its patients that do not differ than those by patients at private hospitals. You are simply repeating nonsense statements not grounded in critical thinking and objective evidence.

Congress can pass and the President can sign a single payer law and SCOTUS will opine that it is Constitutional. End of story.

Heckler and Koch, you are not the constitutional authority on the subject of health care.

Your typical nonsense of a reply about VA is countered, of course, by satisfaction surveys by its patients that do not differ than those by patients at private hospitals. You are simply repeating nonsense statements not grounded in critical thinking and objective evidence.

Congress can pass and the President can sign a single payer law and SCOTUS will opine that it is Constitutional. End of story.

You embody the typical arrogant nonsense of the leftist. I never claimed to be a constitutional authority. I have an opinion, just as you do. Mine is based upon what the Constitution says; yours is based upon babbling bullshit.

You might want to talk to people that actually have to take care from the VA and get your nose out of polls and surveys. The care is a nightmare. Wait times are ridiculous and the bureaucracy is overwhelming. It is not cost effective - yet it is exactly what you wish to foist off on the American public as a whole. The VA needs to be privatized as well and genuine competition for insurance providers across state lines instituted. That is the only thing that will lower costs, not more layers of FedGov.

Just because you claim something is end of story, it isn't. Try being less of an arrogant ass and spend more time learning where you are wrong on this issue. There are quite a few places that your notions are nonsense.

I'm in financial services, and there was a huge new law that was supposed to go into effect last month (DOL). It was signed and ready to go, and now it has been postponed and looks like it's going into the shitter. Financial service companies and mutual fund companies across the country made all kinds of administrative additions and process changes in anticipation, and were left holding the bag. I didn't even read the stupid thing. My partners thought I was nuts.

Yeah, I'll believe this stuff when I see it.

Well many in business listened to all the bold promises Trump made, that he would do 'on day one' or in 'the first 100 days', but after the smoke cleared, and Trump did very little of what he promised (three failed executive orders, no repeal of obamacare, no tax reform, very little of anything done) they've had to revert to a 'Washington gridlock' model.

You certainly spoke as if you were an expert, Hechler and Koch, and snap because I point out you are not. Yes, you have an opinion, and it is out of step with modern American history, culture, and Constitutional interpretation.

I am 100% VA, my friend. I know of what I talk, being a military veteran and on a disability pension. I have been treated over thirty years since leaving the active service in many VA hospitals and outpatient clinics across the Intermountain West and the South.

Somebody is feeding you nonsense about the ineffectiveness of care. It is reported as good by the patients in their surveys, I have found it to be super for me, and that is the general consensus of other veterans at Whalen when we talk amongst ourselves at the VA. The major concern for the new enrollees is waiting time.

You accuse me of being an ignorant ass, when in fact you are doing so as you pontificate about these matters the which you don't know.

Please read. Please take time to think. Please reconsider that you are talking out of confirmation bias not facts.

Silly Jakey, anytime government is involved there's red tape, waste, and slowdowns.
And how is that different than families, communities, school districts, business small and huge.

The issue is trying to get government to work without red tape and delays, good luck with that!
That is the issue with all human activities. Business has the same problem, MalarkeyMarion.

This coming from the guy that wants everyone to be nice to him. Fakey the self-righteous jerk
Marion, like you, Papa, gets what he gives. Be polite. Correll simply could not do it. The basic error of the far right is believing that anything from government is wrong, as opposed to business. Both involve humans; thus both involve human error. VA's satisfaction surveys are very similar to private hospital patient surveys.

I don't disagree that the VA experience is getting better, it is your insistence that is better than private hospitals is pure opinion by you.

Then you claim the stat of how many have died in hospitals as proof. The volume that private hospitals that go in and out of those doors is much higher than VA hospitals, also VA hospitals count as patient those who go to the VA to see doctors for appointments, or go to their training schools, etc., etc., etc.

So to make a blanket statement while not looking at the whole picture skews your statement and adds nothing to your claim the VA is better than private.

I don't mind government, however they are as flawed more if not worse than private business.

He thinks he is the guy in charge here and tries to controls the debate. He doesn't like to be challenged, he thinks his opinion is gold.

I don't disagree that the VA experience is getting better, it is your insistence that is better than private hospitals is pure opinion by you.

Then you claim the stat of how many have died in hospitals as proof. The volume that private hospitals that go in and out of those doors is much higher than VA hospitals, also VA hospitals count as patient those who go to the VA to see doctors for appointments, or go to their training schools, etc., etc., etc.

So to make a blanket statement while not looking at the whole picture skews your statement and adds nothing to your claim the VA is better than private.

I don't mind government, however they are as flawed more if not worse than private business.
You made a false statement: I said it was good and I pointed out that private hospitals have tens of thousands of deaths because of infections in the hospitals.

So your blanket statement on my non-blanket statement that you twisted is of no merit.

If you think you can show that government hospitals (you are expanding beyond the VA) are not as good, go for it.

Forum List

Back