A year in jail for burning the flag?

#1) Even though we see it all the time, according to the flag code, clothing representing the flag is wrong, and #2) The Supreme Court ruled in 1990 that burning of the flag is protected under the 1st Amendment. Agree with it or not, it's the law.
Legalized slavery was a law. Jim Crow laws were lawful. Laws can and sometimes should be changed.

So what do you think the results would be with somebody burning an Antifa or BLM flag? That's the same way patriotic Americans feel about the American flag.
It doesn't matter. Freedom of expression is freedom of expression.

Why is it that nutters only believe that when it's speech, they like? Isn't that blatantly hypocritical?

63cbfffd5186588680e2834574fb27df.jpg

All those flags with a blue line replacing a red or white stripe should be burned.

Probably not the right case to quote as he did "admit to stealing it from a church and admitted to the media that he took the flag from Ames United Church of Christ due to his animosity towards homosexuals."
Fifteen years because of stealing a dirty rag? Are you serious?

Good point. So what do you think the results would be with somebody burning an Antifa or BLM flag? That's the same way patriotic Americans feel about the American flag.
Burning any flag, Antifa, BLM, the Union Jack or a checkered flag at the Indy 500 is nothing but speech! Patriots, true patriots are aware of the constitutional protections for speech and be willing to protect it as our founders did.

I agree. And while Trump is still far, and away the better of the two political offerings we have to choose from in November; this isn't the first off the cuff remark he's made that should trigger certain alarms amongst freedom loving Americans.
You still dont get Trump
Not surprised.

Burning any flag, Antifa, BLM, the Union Jack or a checkered flag at the Indy 500 is nothing but speech! Patriots, true patriots are aware of the constitutional protections for speech and be willing to protect it as our founders did.

I don't think that's why they're burning flags. They are burning them to antagonize people and perhaps provoke a fight. Maybe a hundred years ago or so, you needed to express yourself that way for people to pay attention to you. Today we have telephones, cell phones, the internet, social media, texting, and blogs like this one to express your messages.

It doesn't matter. Freedom of expression is freedom of expression.

Why is it that nutters only believe that when it's speech, they like? Isn't that blatantly hypocritical?

My point is that if you went to one of these protests and did burn one of those flags, it's likely you would have gotten the shit beat out of you. That's the way some Americans feel about the US American flag. Do you think these terrorist groups of people care if you had the right to do it or not?

NO, no one should be sent to jail for burning the American flag.

Nowadays even many violent criminals are not sent to jail!

A flag burner should simply be ignored for the ignoramus that s/he is.

When s/he gets no attention, s/he will stop the nonsense.

I get the hatred for those that disrespect our great nation but thats a very ridiculous notion. Ultimately it boils down to jailing political rivals.

I can see a misdemeanor fine for starting a fire if you are not on private property. Say up to 500 dollar fine or a week in jail. Fire is dangerous after all. But a year in jail? Come on with the crazy talk Trump.

Also I do not think it was appropriate for him to be using foul language at a rally that people took their children to. I get that passion is important but that can be achieved without that.

Other than that I think he had a good rally and his anecdotes were great for reving up the crowd.
People that burn our flag, except to respectfullyy retire it, should be put against a wall and shot in the head.

Period.

I get the hatred for those that disrespect our great nation but thats a very ridiculous notion. Ultimately it boils down to jailing political rivals.

I can see a misdemeanor fine for starting a fire if you are not on private property. Say up to 500 dollar fine or a week in jail. Fire is dangerous after all. But a year in jail? Come on with the crazy talk Trump.

Also I do not think it was appropriate for him to be using foul language at a rally that people took their children to. I get that passion is important but that can be achieved without that.

Other than that I think he had a good rally and his anecdotes were great for reving up the crowd.
They are waving the American flag in Hong Kong and burning it here.

Wake up fool, anyone who wants to kneel can pack up and leave for Uganda or Somolia any fn time and I will help them pack

Forum List

Back