Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Most Americans would favor sweeping new national restrictions on abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the poll also shows many Americans remain conflicted in their views on abortion.

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

sure cherry pick your points in order to feel like you made a good point:
A recent United Technologies/National Journal poll found Americans divided over the possible ban, with a narrower plurality of 48 percent to 44 percent supporting it.

Respondents to the HuffPost/YouGov poll were split in their views on whether abortion should usually be legal or illegal, with a large number falling somewhere in the middle -- a finding consistent with other surveys. Nineteen percent said they think abortion should always be legal, while 27 percent said it should be generally legal, but with some restrictions. Another 17 percent said that abortion should always be illegal, while 30 percent said it should be generally illegal, except in special circumstances.

Its more like the public is rather divided on the issue period.

Try reading your own link

Or this:
At the same time, however, a large majority (63 percent) say that the statement "decisions on abortion should be made by a woman and her doctor" comes closer to their opinion on abortion, while only 26 percent say "government has a right and obligation to pass restrictions on abortion."

Again read your own fucking link

fucking retard

Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Most Americans would favor sweeping new national restrictions on abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the poll also shows many Americans remain conflicted in their views on abortion.

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Because most Americans are not stupid and follow the news in medicine and know that a 20 week baby is not only feeling the pain and torture and is almost viable ( going to be in a few years).
Most Americans know that is is not "cluster of cells" but a a baby from the very beginning.

Only vaginas with vocal cords and agenda-driven librtards object to that.

My sister is pregnant.

I saw a sonogram photo of her bay at 3.5 months aka 14 weeks.

I now believe abortion should be illegal after 16 weeks, except to save the life of the mother.

4 months is enough time to decide to have an abortion. If you can't decide by then, give the baby up for adoption.

Sounds reasonable. If a woman can't decide whether to keep or abort the baby before the 5 month mark, she is clearly incapable of making such a major decision. If a woman's life is in danger, generally a C-section can be performed or at least a quick birth that doctors don't stop halfway to kill the child.

If a woman is raped or decides she doesn't want the baby, 5 months is plenty of time. Hell, the liberals argued before that the morning after pill or abortion instantly should be offered for rape victims. They didn't find it reasonable for a woman to have to wait till the next day or week to get an abortion. Now they do a complete turnaround and say they should have time to think about it and decide and there shouldn't be a 5 month limit.

In other words, the libs don't care how risky it gets if they wait and they want girls and women of all ages to be handed the morning after pills on demand. And they'd prefer that someone else fund their choices, too.

Get out of the tax payers pockets and do as please as long as it is legal.

Some babies survive at the 20 week stage and it is grossly unfair to expect medical personnel to kill it while looking at the little face. At 20 weeks, it looks and sounds like a baby, not a non-descript fetus. I'm sorry, but opting to kill something merely for convenience that has a heartbeat and that you can feel kicking you is just plain cold. Of course, there are probably more "doctors" out there, like that felon that killed babies at any stage. If anyone thinks it's okay at that point, don't try to talk to me about how benevolent or caring you are because only a heartless individual wouldn't be totally disturbed at late term abortions.

Last edited:
Most of Europe bans abortions past 12 weeks.

Most of the WORLD never ever even considered abortion past 12 weeks - if it is past that age - no matter what circumstances - you carry the baby. They may allow early C-section if the life of the mother is at risk ( after the baby is viable) = and that should be the option here as well - no abortion after viability ( about 22 weeks nowadays in America) - even if mother's life is at risk - you may c-section and have BOTH alive.

Last edited:
My sister is pregnant.

I saw a sonogram photo of her bay at 3.5 months aka 14 weeks.

I now believe abortion should be illegal after 16 weeks, except to save the life of the mother.

4 months is enough time to decide to have an abortion. If you can't decide by then, give the baby up for adoption.

you can save the life of the mother with early c-section.

there are only some heart problems which MIGHT pose the risk to the life of the mother but it does not happen until 3 d trimester when the baby is totally viable.

there are no other "life risks" whatsoever. If we are talking modern medicine.

A recent United Technologies/National Journal poll found Americans divided over the possible ban, with a narrower plurality of 48 percent to 44 percent supporting it.

Respondents to the HuffPost/YouGov poll were split in their views on whether abortion should usually be legal or illegal, with a large number falling somewhere in the middle -- a finding consistent with other surveys. Nineteen percent said they think abortion should always be legal, while 27 percent said it should be generally legal, but with some restrictions. Another 17 percent said that abortion should always be illegal, while 30 percent said it should be generally illegal, except in special circumstances.

Or this:
At the same time, however, a large majority (63 percent) say that the statement "decisions on abortion should be made by a woman and her doctor" comes closer to their opinion on abortion, while only 26 percent say "government has a right and obligation to pass restrictions on abortion."

fucking retard

So freakin on que is the liberal left. I had already typed in the OP exactly what you did would be done but I deleted it because it is so much better to have the left makes complete asses out of themselves. The story line was that the MAJORITY of the those polled by the Huffington post favored limits on abortion the rest is just news that I knew the you liberals would try and make the issue. Thanks for playing the liberal goulish game.

You quote this: A recent United Technologies/National Journal poll found Americans divided over the possible ban, with a narrower plurality of 48 percent to 44 percent supporting it.

IT still shows a wide margin of 10 percent which is more then Obama won the election and the left can't stop crowing about his massive land slide. So yes the majority favor a limit on abortion that is what was posted. You lose asscap.

You couldn't attack the source so you invent a protest you could attack, right on que.

Or this:

fucking retard

So freakin on que is the liberal left. I had already typed in the OP exactly what you did would be done but I deleted it because it is so much better to have the left makes complete asses out of themselves. The story line was that the MAJORITY of the those polled by the Huffington post favored limits on abortion the rest is just news that I knew the you liberals would try and make the issue. Thanks for playing the liberal goulish game.

You quote this: A recent United Technologies/National Journal poll found Americans divided over the possible ban, with a narrower plurality of 48 percent to 44 percent supporting it.

IT still shows a wide margin of 10 percent which is more then Obama won the election and the left can't stop crowing about his massive land slide. So yes the majority favor a limit on abortion that is what was posted. You lose asscap.

You couldn't attack the source so you invent a protest you could attack, right on que.

Uh context matters and you went for a soundbyte and nothing more. The point of the story is while people can agree that 20 weeks is a reasonable regulation, Abortion is still a private matter and government should be minding its own business on it. Furthermore the nation as a whole is quite divided on the issue.

thank you for talking about obama winning, it was utterly meaningless.

If republicans did not exist as they currantly do, us democrats would have to create some sort of fictitious image of them in order to win elections, the way LBJ beat Goldwater by painting Republicans as warmongers. Frankly, I don't know why we even bother to spend money on national elections any more. Republicans insist of being on the wrong side of history at every turn. We should just let them go about their business as usual. It is a sure fire election stratagy for democrats.

I'd support a 20 week ban. Just don't tack on a whole bunch of other stupid shit and expect me to swallow it all.

What is the difference between an abortion at 19 weeks and six days, and an abortion at 20 weeks?

Zilch.

True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Forum List

Back