Abortion rate at lowest level since Roe V Wade

U.S. Abortion Rate Falls To Lowest Level Since Roe v. Wade
The abortion rate in the United States fell to its lowest level since the historic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalized abortion nationwide, a new report finds.
The report by the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports legalized abortion, puts the rate at 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age (ages 15-44) in 2014. That's the lowest recorded rate since the Roe decision in 1973. The abortion rate has been declining for decades — down from a peak of 29.3 in 1980 and 1981.
The report also finds that in 2013, the total number of abortions nationwide fell below 1 million for the first time since the mid-1970s. In 2014 — the most recent year with data available — the number fell a bit more, to 926,200. The overall number had peaked at more than 1.6 million abortions in 1990, according to Guttmacher.

Some anti-abortion groups, meanwhile, argue the Guttmacher report shows new state restrictions on abortion are working. Kristi Hamrick, a spokeswoman for Americans United for Life, said she has her doubts about the Guttmacher report — since the data come from surveys of abortion providers — but accepts the overall conclusion. She emphasized the impact of new regulations on clinics and laws requiring women seeking abortions to get an ultrasound, which she said are having a "real, measurable impact on abortion."

The Guttmacher report says abortions restrictions do appear to be a factor in the declining numbers in some states. But principal research scientist Rachel Jones, lead author of the report, said that's not the whole story. She noted that abortion declined in almost every state, and "having fewer clinics didn't always translate into having fewer abortions."
A more important driver of the declining abortion rate, Jones said, appears to be improved access to contraception, particularly long-acting birth control options like IUDs. She noted that women in the United States have been using the highly-effective devices in growing numbers for more than a decade, and said the declining birthrate suggests more women are preventing unwanted pregnancies.
I am "pro-choice" or whatever bullshit moniker you want to put on it, but less abortions are a good thing!
We are winning against the pro-choice baby killers....it's refreshing....
What do you mean "winning?"
People being repulsed by the actions of pro-choice baby killers....

I suspect you, like many right wingers really don'r care either way about abortions. You just want to stir up hate for your opponents. Doesn't matter why you oppose them, just that you do.

Yet neither you nor he has explained why.
Please?
They like violence and murder.
This thread is like discussing abortion at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
That would be fucking insane!
Sadly, goose is right. I once read about this women that has had multiple abortions simply because she enjoyed killing. Said all women should try it. Or something to that effect. It was a long time ago.
I believe that was fake news, TN. Abortions are physically painful (purposely so) and even if you didn't mind, emotionally, I don't think many women would have multiple abortions for the fun of it.
It's not that people want an abortion themself but that they want others to.

Do you think any woman gets an abortion just because someone urges her to? Who are the people urging women to get abortions anyway? Do they really exist anywhere but in the minds of the anti-abortion bunch?

They like violence and murder.
Sadly, goose is right. I once read about this women that has had multiple abortions simply because she enjoyed killing. Said all women should try it. Or something to that effect. It was a long time ago.
I believe that was fake news, TN. Abortions are physically painful (purposely so) and even if you didn't mind, emotionally, I don't think many women would have multiple abortions for the fun of it.

Do you think any woman gets an abortion just because someone urges her to? Who are the people urging women to get abortions anyway? Do they really exist anywhere but in the minds of the anti-abortion bunch?
Im not in that bunch and I see it. Also, this stupid ****
I wanted to make it really clear to her that as much as I was going out and fighting for other women’s options, I myself had never had an abortion. And I realized then that even I was carrying within myself stigma around this issue. Even I, the woman who cares as much as anybody about a woman’s right to choose, felt it was important that people know that I was unblemished in this department.
She continues by saying that so many people in her life, including her mother and best friends, have had abortions, prompting her to take her internalized stigma and “put it in the garbage.” She concluded with:
Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had.

Lena Dunham

I wanted to make it really clear to her that as much as I was going out and fighting for other women’s options, I myself had never had an abortion. And I realized then that even I was carrying within myself stigma around this issue. Even I, the woman who cares as much as anybody about a woman’s right to choose, felt it was important that people know that I was unblemished in this department.
She continues by saying that so many people in her life, including her mother and best friends, have had abortions, prompting her to take her internalized stigma and “put it in the garbage.” She concluded with:

Lena Dunham

Dunham's mom aborted the wrong one

Lena Dunham

You think that statement is representation of all who think the woman has a right to make her own choice?

Lena Dunham

You think that statement is representation of all who think the woman has a right to make her own choice?
No, I just said it because of your comment " Do they really exist anywhere but in the minds of the anti-abortion bunch"
People are fucked up dude.

There are some nut jobs that probably think this is bad.

desk.gif
nut job reporting for duty; there are already too many fucking people on this planet, ever try to find parking at the mall on Saturday? 'nuff said
You fascists do hide in plain sight most of the time....
and telling a woman what to do with her body isn't fascism?

I don't agree with abortion unless if it is a life or death situation ( some dumb ass women use it for birth control ) ,
I believe in free birth control..and or putting out the money to raise the baby, and making the adoptions laws easier to adopt the babies... Right now you have to jump through hoops to get a child, and they go to China to adopt.

Aside from tubal pregnancy, there is no life or death situation that abortion can cure. None.

And we have NEVER needed abortion clinics to treat those. In fact, if I had a tubal pregnancy, an abortion clinic is the LAST place I would want to be for the procedure. Thanks, I want to live.
Women with medical problems that would be in serious danger having a baby? There are plenty of those. Happened to a grandmother of mine. Doctor tied her tubes. They came untied and she got pregnant. The doctor told her it would kill her. She didn't have an abortion. She delivered early and died.
There are also babies with severe defects who will have no quality of life that can be determined well before delivery. Those must be the hardest to deal with for parents. You and I are lucky we didn't have to face that one.

Lena Dunham

No, I just said it because of your comment " Do they really exist anywhere but in the minds of the anti-abortion bunch"
People are fucked up dude.
I've never tried to convince anyone to have them, but I have fervently wished they would consider it. For an uneducated teenager with a casual boyfriend she fights with more than she gets along with, both working minimum wage, if at all, and then GLAD NEWS I'M PREGNANT! Omg. It breaks my heart. The guy will be gone in a year or less, the mom will be on TANF and completely trapped. They always drop out of school/classes. And if you don't think the baby pays for all this? Baby pays. Would it really be worse to have terminated that pregnancy at 7 or 8 weeks than the two lives it will turn into a train wreck?

It is good to see the abortion rate go down, but even one abortion is a tragedy because it is the loss of a human being who is unique and loved by God and can never be replaced.

It is good to see the abortion rate go down, but even one abortion is a tragedy because it is the loss of a human being who is unique and loved by God and can never be replaced.
There are a lot of tragedies in this world. If God loves some of these little ones, He has a funny way of showing it.

There are a lot of tragedies in this world. If God loves some of these little ones, He has a funny way of showing it.
You mean like how before they are even born they have downs syndrome or some other unfortunate disease? Well, that's gods plan and just the way it is!

You mean like how before they are even born they have downs syndrome or some other unfortunate disease? Well, that's gods plan and just the way it is!
Killing Down's Syndrome babies is the same thing the Nazis did. Tell me, are you a Nazi?

It's called free will
Oh, Sassy. You don't for one minute believe the children should pay for the sins of the fathers (mothers). But they do.

It's called free will
Oh, Sassy. You don't for one minute believe the children should pay for the sins of the fathers (mothers). But they do.

Who is responsible when someone kills another? You think it's on God? He gave us free will

Killing Down's Syndrome babies is the same thing the Nazis did. Tell me, are you a Nazi?

On occasion I watch a Down's little boy...he's the cutest most loveable little guy I've met. It's a tragedy they are murdered

No, not Downs. Babies with no hope for quality of life, or a brief life of severe suffering. Vegetables and babies with no hope. You got a funny God.

No, not Downs. Babies with no hope for quality of life, or a brief life of severe suffering. Vegetables and babies with no hope. You got a funny God.

He's not laughing at His creations being murdered

Forum List

Back