Act of War

My son is young and stupid, so of course he has talked about wanting to go over there and kill terrorists, especially after this most recent French bombings. He was too young to know what was going on 9/11. I told him that not one of those losers is worth his life or the life of any decent person. Why can't Iran and the other countries get rid of this pock on the world? Why does it always have to be the US that sacrifices?

So what will the French do? Go into Syria and Iraq? And then what? This has been done already, and it just got worse.

The French don't exactly have a very good military record.

My guess is that the US should do it for them, like Obama did to remove Gaddafi for them.

Yeah, the US have a great record, I mean, Vietnam, the French lost there, the US lost there.

Iraq, initial success followed by ineptitude and total and utter failure.
Vietnam was lost due to Rules of engagement and not being fought as a War.............You Shall not pass this line..............Kinda like Gandolf in the Lord of the Rings in the Cave...............Had we massed forces and pushed North there was no way in hell the Viet Cong could have stopped us........Their max force was only about 250,000 men..............We fought by their rules which is why they never capitulated....................

In Iraq, the armies were destroyed...........the Civil War.......Sunni versus Shiite..........Then Petraeous changed the tactics and had a lot of it calmed down via the intel and rapid strikes against the insurgence.................The country was taken and held until another political Midget took the office................and hauled ass without leaving even a intel contingent...................

Politicians lose Wars............left to their strategies with sufficient forces............and without the ROEs you would have seen a different outcome.........refusal to Fight these battles as War.........like WWII is why this shit has grown.

Vietnam was lost because or arrogance, and also because the army didn't understand that things had changed.

Yep, in Iraq the forces were destroyed. Hardly surprising seeing how weak the Iraqi army was. However it was lost in the post war period by arrogance and ineptitude, again.

You say the country was taken and held. But it wasn't held. It was having problems all the time. What would become ISIS was battering away until 2007 when a surge was needed to stop this happening. Then under BUSH, the withdrawal started to happen. So, even you think that there was ineptitude from Bush. He started a withdrawal and signed a document that led to the withdrawal. AND the Republicans supported this. McCain who criticized Obama for withdrawing, yet supported and pushed for the withdrawal. Go figure.

Yeah, politicians lose wars. Politicians elected by the people. People lose wars by electing morons. Look at the current situation, Trump, I mean, COME THE FUCK ON.

So what will the French do? Go into Syria and Iraq? And then what? This has been done already, and it just got worse.

The French don't exactly have a very good military record.

My guess is that the US should do it for them, like Obama did to remove Gaddafi for them.

Yeah, the US have a great record, I mean, Vietnam, the French lost there, the US lost there.

Iraq, initial success followed by ineptitude and total and utter failure.
Vietnam was lost due to Rules of engagement and not being fought as a War.............You Shall not pass this line..............Kinda like Gandolf in the Lord of the Rings in the Cave...............Had we massed forces and pushed North there was no way in hell the Viet Cong could have stopped us........Their max force was only about 250,000 men..............We fought by their rules which is why they never capitulated....................

In Iraq, the armies were destroyed...........the Civil War.......Sunni versus Shiite..........Then Petraeous changed the tactics and had a lot of it calmed down via the intel and rapid strikes against the insurgence.................The country was taken and held until another political Midget took the office................and hauled ass without leaving even a intel contingent...................

Politicians lose Wars............left to their strategies with sufficient forces............and without the ROEs you would have seen a different outcome.........refusal to Fight these battles as War.........like WWII is why this shit has grown.

Vietnam was lost because or arrogance, and also because the army didn't understand that things had changed.

Yep, in Iraq the forces were destroyed. Hardly surprising seeing how weak the Iraqi army was. However it was lost in the post war period by arrogance and ineptitude, again.

You say the country was taken and held. But it wasn't held. It was having problems all the time. What would become ISIS was battering away until 2007 when a surge was needed to stop this happening. Then under BUSH, the withdrawal started to happen. So, even you think that there was ineptitude from Bush. He started a withdrawal and signed a document that led to the withdrawal. AND the Republicans supported this. McCain who criticized Obama for withdrawing, yet supported and pushed for the withdrawal. Go figure.

Yeah, politicians lose wars. Politicians elected by the people. People lose wars by electing morons. Look at the current situation, Trump, I mean, COME THE FUCK ON.
Vietnam was lost because the Politicians didn't listen...............Generals wanted to invade the North and choke the shit out of their supplies and home base...............................again..............what the fuck would we have done after with it.....................

Petraeous strategy was working...........and did cut down the violence there.............................I never was for full occupation or nation building..............but refuse to tuck tail and run from it as Obama did when these regions were payed for in blood..........................We should not have went cold turkey there...........................

Most of the ones who served feel betrayed by America............saying they would never go back and take those places again...............only to be handed over............

I've talked to many who have stated that.

My son is young and stupid, so of course he has talked about wanting to go over there and kill terrorists, especially after this most recent French bombings. He was too young to know what was going on 9/11. I told him that not one of those losers is worth his life or the life of any decent person. Why can't Iran and the other countries get rid of this pock on the world? Why does it always have to be the US that sacrifices?

Sorry, I don't know what this is supposed to mean in relationship to my comment. Care to explain?

My son can't believe what cowards these guys are, targeting young people going out to enjoy themselves at a concert, and I think the story of the young American girl who was killed there really struck home for him. He couldn't believe they would kill a young attractive woman like that and thinks they are most cowardly, and he is absolutely right, but I still don't want him to ever have to go over there to that shit hole and die for those assholes.
He would be ill advised to go in under the current administration.............who fight wars with politics instead of military strategy..............even under Bush they engaged in rules that gave advantage to the enemy............................

We have no reason for long occupations there..............kill the fire ant beds and leave before the dust settles...................It is how it should have been fought from the onset..............

NOBODY should be "advised" to go there. Let the Arabs and the others deal with it. We don't want to send our kids over there to die, and for WHAT?

Sorry, I don't know what this is supposed to mean in relationship to my comment. Care to explain?

We don't need another Hero...............was a suggestion before he decides to join up........................too many get caught up in the glory of it..............but there is none.......................that only happens in the movies..............

We don't need another Hero...............was a suggestion before he decides to join up........................too many get caught up in the glory of it..............but there is none.......................that only happens in the movies..............

Over my dead body would he join up. WE are not being attacked by another country. There is nothing to "win" here.

My son can't believe what cowards these guys are, targeting young people going out to enjoy themselves at a concert, and I think the story of the young American girl who was killed there really struck home for him. He couldn't believe they would kill a young attractive woman like that and thinks they are most cowardly, and he is absolutely right, but I still don't want him to ever have to go over there to that shit hole and die for those assholes.
He would be ill advised to go in under the current administration.............who fight wars with politics instead of military strategy..............even under Bush they engaged in rules that gave advantage to the enemy............................

We have no reason for long occupations there..............kill the fire ant beds and leave before the dust settles...................It is how it should have been fought from the onset..............

NOBODY should be "advised" to go there. Let the Arabs and the others deal with it. We don't want to send our kids over there to die, and for WHAT?
It doesn't end there..............It is the Paris attack......................It is the Mali attack....................and unless we want to see that on a regular basis we had better deal with it.......................It needs to end...............and not by the ROE's...........................and not by long invasions......................

They will continue to do these types of attacks and we will pay a price for ignoring it again.................It's not a matter of if...........but when.................This fight will come to our shores until we drop the hammer on them...............History of the Caliphate...........shows this will happen.............History repeats..........

Over my dead body would he join up. WE are not being attacked by another country. There is nothing to "win" here.

I've already stated that he would be better off not serving under this administration.......................Keep him home..............I have no problem with that..............

I served 10 years................and choose to post reality.....................we need to end this and via an air campaign that will hit them so hard shake the foundations of radical Islam................

I'm not in to house to house long drawn out campaigns..................bomb them into dust and leave..............

Russia is starting that tactics.............

It doesn't end there..............It is the Paris attack......................It is the Mali attack....................and unless we want to see that on a regular basis we had better deal with it.......................It needs to end...............and not by the ROE's...........................and not by long invasions......................

They will continue to do these types of attacks and we will pay a price for ignoring it again.................It's not a matter of if...........but when.................This fight will come to our shores until we drop the hammer on them...............History of the Caliphate...........shows this will happen.............History repeats..........

It's NOT going to happen that way, and you know it. It will be another long and drawn out war where thousands of OUR guys get killed for nothing. Everything is not always up to US to solve. Let someone else deal with it. What we should be doing is working on a way to completely wash our hands of that entire region. We should be not accepting immigrants from that part of the world, no embassies, no trying to make "friends." They say the problem is that we keep "interfering." So? Let's stop interfering Let them work out ALL of their own problems unless they DIRECTLY affect the United States in a very negative way.

I've already stated that he would be better off not serving under this administration.......................Keep him home..............I have no problem with that..............

I served 10 years................and choose to post reality.....................we need to end this and via an air campaign that will hit them so hard shake the foundations of radical Islam................

I'm not in to house to house long drawn out campaigns..................bomb them into dust and leave..............

That is not going to happen here. Those days are OVER. So no, you aren't being very realistic. :)

It's NOT going to happen that way, and you know it. It will be another long and drawn out war where thousands of OUR guys get killed for nothing. Everything is not always up to US to solve. Let someone else deal with it. What we should be doing is working on a way to completely wash our hands of that entire region. We should be not accepting immigrants from that part of the world, no embassies, no trying to make "friends." They say the problem is that we keep "interfering." So? Let's stop interfering Let them work out ALL of their own problems unless they DIRECTLY affect the United States in a very negative way.
I know that the politicians will not make the right decisions.............................I have said WHAT I'D DO.....................and what MANY GENERALS HAVE SAID NEEDS TO BE DONE............

PC will end us............

I know that the politicians will not make the right decisions.............................I have said WHAT I'D DO.....................and what MANY GENERALS HAVE SAID NEEDS TO BE DONE............

That is never going to happen. There are rules to follow now. That is just the way things are. Anyways, I don't see your "solution" as solving this particular problem at all. To go in and do what? What makes you think the outcome will be any different than Iraq or Afghanistan? Also considered "wars on terror." What good did they accomplish? The ONLY way your solution would work is we occupied and took complete control over the country (countries) and that would be a VERY expensive endeavor and also probably illegal.

We would have to either nuke the place into oblivion (which isn't going to happen) or we would have to occupy those "territories" for years and years and years.

That is not going to happen here. Those days are OVER. So no, you aren't being very realistic. :)

That is foolish IF you are referring to them attacking us on our soil.........which is what I was referring to.............

As far as the Russians............they are already carpet bombing which I have stated long ago before Russia showed up...............

I had a conversation with my brother before the War in Iraq......................I told him that we would be better off blowing the hell out of them from the air and then leave them in the dust...............HE WAS ANGRY WITH ME...............Said that WE WOULD THEN BE NO BETTER THAN THEM.................I told him I didn't care..............I said it's WAR...........and IT'S THEM OR US..........................and that we would get drawn into a long campaign and GET STUCK THERE................This happening as his son was going into the Marines..............................who is now 80% disabled due to an IED in Iraq.......................

I was right then............and I"m right now............

That is foolish IF you are referring to them attacking us on our soil.........which is what I was referring to.............

As far as the Russians............they are already carpet bombing which I have stated long ago before Russia showed up...............

I had a conversation with my brother before the War in Iraq......................I told him that we would be better off blowing the hell out of them from the air and then leave them in the dust...............HE WAS ANGRY WITH ME...............Said that WE WOULD THEN BE NO BETTER THAN THEM.................I told him I didn't care..............I said it's WAR...........and IT'S THEM OR US..........................and that we would get drawn into a long campaign and GET STUCK THERE................This happening as his son was going into the Marines..............................who is now 80% disabled due to an IED in Iraq.......................

We are not going to bomb them into oblivion because too many "innocents" would be killed, the rest of the world would be in an uproar, etc. Also, you are not going to kill ALL the terrorists. In fact, you might even create MORE of them.

We would have to either nuke the place into oblivion (which isn't going to happen) or we would have to occupy those "territories" for years and years and years.
We wouldn't have to Nuke them....................Carpet bombing is very effective and can destroy entire cities...........doesn't cost as much.......................

And we have no need for a long occupation there..........................and again....................all of that may be unnecessary anyway...............as Russia may very well do exactly what I'm saying.........................

Time will tell.

We wouldn't have to Nuke them....................Carpet bombing is very effective and can destroy entire cities...........doesn't cost as much.......................

And we have no need for a long occupation there..........................and again....................all of that may be unnecessary anyway...............as Russia may very well do exactly what I'm saying.........................

Time will tell.

You think you can just go over there, bomb them and kill them (even innocents and their families) and that is going to SOLVE the problem with terrorism and not make it worse?

We are not going to bomb them into oblivion because too many "innocents" would be killed, the rest of the world would be in an uproar, etc. Also, you are not going to kill ALL the terrorists. In fact, you might even create MORE of them.
I never said it would kill them all...........It would kill a lot of them...............and most of Northern Syria has been vacated by the civilians a long time ago...........They are ghost towns in most cases..........

and to the other part of the equation............world in an UPROAR...............that is exactly why PC will destroy us.

Forum List

Back