ACTUAL O-Care premiums are in for 2015- on average, go DOWN. Where is "librul" media? Pubs lie again

from link:
Overall what the Kaiser Family Foundation researchers found in studying premiums in 16 metropolitan areas across the country is good news for the insurance market under Obamacare: Premiums for the second-cheapest silver-level plan went down by an average of 0.2 percent.
It varied significantly by region, from an average 8.7 percent increase in Nashville to an average 15.6 percent decrease in Denver, but overall it is a positive sign. Insurance companies are still figuring out how the market is working under Obamacare, but numbers like these suggest that enrollees have been less costly than insurers expected and that insurers are still bidding low to attract more customers. All signs of a healthy market.
To put the news in context, Kaiser president Drew Altman noted in a statement: “Double digit premium increases in this market were not uncommon in the past."

Article I read today stated a large amount of the people that signed up on the exchanges have not paid their premiums at all. And the numbers of enrolled are a lot smaller than stated by the administration. Obamacare is a stinker. We will see this more as the month progresses.

I made a mistake, there's an update from January, SAME DEAL- and STILL news to you chumps.

Why wait for more bad news?? Google IS your friend!!
More than 40% of Covered California enrollees struggle to pay their monthly insurance premiums, but the majority are satisfied with their coverage, according to a survey released last week by the Kaiser Family Foundation, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The survey, conducted between September 2014 and December 2014, included responses from 4,555 Californians with:
  • Coverage through Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program;
  • Covered California policies;
  • Other forms of private coverage; and
  • No insurance.
Findings
According to the survey, 44% of Covered California enrollees said they had a hard time affording their monthly premiums. In comparison, 25% of adults with employer-sponsored or other private coverage said they struggled to pay their premiums (Terhune, Los Angeles Times, 5/29).
Covered Calif. Enrollees Struggle With Premiums but Like Coverage - California Healthline

Health insurance costs will probably jump by 10 percent or more next year for many Kentuckians buying coverage through Kynect, the state-run insurance exchange created under the federal Affordable Care Act.
The five providers that are returning to Kynect have requested average rate changes for 2016 that range from a decrease of 9.28 percent (WellCare Health Plans of Kentucky) to an increase of 25.1 percent (Kentucky Health Cooperative).
Lexington KY local and state news by the Lexington Herald-Leader Kentucky.com

ObamaCare exchanges have just met a target of 2.8 million young-adult enrollees. The bad news: That target was for last year.
By now, there were supposed to have been roughly 5 million paying customers between the ages of 18 and 34. Lagging young-adult enrollment is among the reasons why so many big insurers on the exchanges are seeking premium hikes of 20% or more for 2016.
ObamaCare Enrollment Is Missing 2 Million Young Adults - Investors.com

Montpelier — Many insurers participating in Affordable Care Act exchanges are seeking double-digit premium rate increases for 2016 plans, according to federal data.
In New Hampshire, two insurers are seeking increases between 19 percent and 51 percent, the data released Monday shows. The two insurers participating in Vermont’s exchange are seeking 8.4 percent (Blue Cross) and 3 percent (MVP) increases for 2016.
Health Exchange Insurers Seek Big Increases Valley News

In a sign of the tumult in the health insurance industry under the Affordable Care Act, companies are seeking wildly differing rate increases in premiums for 2016, with some as high as 85 percent, according to information released on Monday by the federal government for the 37 states using HealthCare.gov as their exchange.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/business/seeking-rate-increases-insurers-use-guesswork.html?_r=0

Dozens of health insurers say higher-than-expected care costs and other expenses blindsided them this year, and they're going to have to hike premiums for individual policies well-beyond 10 percent for 2016.
Many health insurers go big with initial 2016 rate requests - AOL.com

Obamacare, I'm happy that some libs still want to own that turd, Dem's please run on Obamacare in 2016. :eusa_pray:

As I said. The only people who will like that POS Obamacare are those the rest of us will be subsidizing, i.e. paying for.

Everyone else will be paying for their own HC plus the freeloaders. Plus the high deductables.

Hell one of the woman who works in the same building I do put her numbers in and her deductible was $27,000. She ran the numbers four times to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Don't know bout you but that a big pile of cash to lay out just so you CAN USE YOUR BENEFITS.

The whole thing is a big pile of shit and I hope the voters take aim at all Dems. The idiots who passed this big pile of shit without reading the big pile of shit.

My benefits went up by 30% this year and god knows what next year will bring.

thread-fail-stamp.png

Because the OP is a gullible low information sheep.

As I said. The only people who will like that POS Obamacare are those the rest of us will be subsidizing, i.e. paying for.

Everyone else will be paying for their own HC plus the freeloaders. Plus the high deductables.

Hell one of the woman who works in the same building I do put her numbers in and her deductible was $27,000. She ran the numbers four times to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Don't know bout you but that a big pile of cash to lay out just so you CAN USE YOUR BENEFITS.

The whole thing is a big pile of shit and I hope the voters take aim at all Dems. The idiots who passed this big pile of shit without reading the big pile of shit.

My benefits went up by 30% this year and god knows what next year will bring.
Ever heard of the $6K cap on annual patient spending?

Forum List

Back