Addressed to people who are not racists

Asclepias the racist may have met a Korean person with mental problems (birds of a feather and all that), but Korean people in general do NOT "despise white people" and they most certainly do NOT think that black men grow tails after midnight." That is, of course, utter nonsense. No one should take Asclepias the racist seriously. He obviously doesn't.

Now I've gone and hurt your feelings. Sorry Unk go talk to the painfully poor people downrange at any of the military bases in Korea like Dongducheon for instance. They will tell you the exact same thing.

Several times the latest being last year. Koreans in Korea and over here in the states. Why do you ask?

Just to confirm that you were lying again. You really are a racist piece of shit.

You must have some proof I am lying...again. Where is it?

I do, in the form of the thousands and thousands of Korean people I have interacted with over the years who do NOT hold such ridiculous views as those you claimed above. You are lying AGAIN.

Asclepias the racist may have met a Korean person with mental problems (birds of a feather and all that), but Korean people in general do NOT "despise white people" and they most certainly do NOT think that black men grow tails after midnight." That is, of course, utter nonsense. No one should take Asclepias the racist seriously. He obviously doesn't.

Now I've gone and hurt your feelings.

No, you've gone and made an ass of yourself AGAIN.

Just to confirm that you were lying again. You really are a racist piece of shit.

I do, in the form of the thousands and thousands of Korean people I have interacted with over the years who do NOT hold such ridiculous views as those you claimed above. You are lying AGAIN.

How do you know what they thought or believed? Did you ask all of them if what I was told was true? its amazing you were able to do that or are you lying? chaji mogo Unk.

I would never cut ties with a family member over a mere concept.

Nope. Their failings are my failings, and when those failings come up, I still see it as my duty to address them and help them get back on the right path.

Also, you really don't know what they have been through. I never had any experience with blacks until I moved to Nashville. I worked with a couple of black nurses at Vandy who were quite nice. We weren't BFFs, but we got along. Then I changed jobs. The techs were mostly all black. The only ones who would cooperate were white and the name of the game for the blacks was 'let's see how fast we can sink her.' One day I had a patient who was a young black retarded woman. No one would help her with her ADLs so I just gave her a bath and did her hair myself. They should have all been fired, but the union protected them. At that point, I wouldn't give you 2 cents for any of them. But after I took care of that black retarded woman myself as they should have done, the majority of them apologized for their behavior. One of them actually went on to be a nurse, and I used to run into him occasionally. I went to law school with some and we became very good friends. I studied with the one who was actually in my class, and visited frequently with one who was a couple years behind me. If we were the only ones in the library they never left me sitting alone, but always invited me to lunch with them. Over the years, I worked with a goodly number of black nurses and social workers. None of them ever gave me any trouble, and most were really fun to work with.

We had a pastor here once who every now and again would make a remark that left us all scratching our heads. He took a group on a mission trip every year, and one year he was very agitated and troubled from the minute he learned where he had been assigned. He shared with us that as a child he had been molested by two black men and going to work with a black church made him have nightmares and see himself dead as he never had before. But he went, and came back in pretty decent shape.

Family is family. They are one's blood. We don't always know what they have had to endure. They have their foibles and failings. But it is unacceptable to cast them aside because they don't make the right noises. No single group of people in the world, or any concept related to them is enough to make me ditch anyone in my family. When I was a girl, I saw a rift occur between my mother and a couple of family members. I swore I would NEVER let that occur in my life. My brother and sister haven't been the greatest, but life is hard here in Kentucky and I know that at any point in time, they were both doing their dead level best even if some might not have considered it good enough.

I have friends who I consider the family that I chose. But I look at my own family and recognize that I didn't choose them, but know I have learned from them.

"The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born."
Pearl S. Buck

I would suggest [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] that you turn yourself around in your thinking and consider not how this relative is failing you or your family, but how you or your family is failing him, and consider what things may have brought him to this point in his life. I think if you do that, you will find the answer to your own question.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] - who failed you?

How do you know what they thought or believed?.

I talked to them, spent time with them, and got to know many well personally. YOU ARE LYING.

How do you know what they thought or believed?.

I talked to them, spent time with them, and got to know many well personally. YOU ARE LYING.

I did too but not thousands. Maybe your whiney personality made them not open up to you? Maybe you should talk to some people that have been asked if they had a tail. Thats how I discovered a lot of Koreans thought that. A lady that owned a store asked to see my tail. I initially got mad until I saw she was deadly serious. She told me she had found out from her mother and everybody (Koreans) thought that.

However, you got me digging on where that myth came from. Looks like the Koreans are not the only ones that believed black men had tails. What really pulls all this together is that it was a lie told by white military men. Surprised in all of those thousands of people you supposedly have helped you never heard of it. I guess because you say so it must be true. Looks like I'm not the only person that has heard this. Face it, Your interpersonal skills probably turn people off Unk.

Afroetry

Being Black in South Korea

Wow, two barely twitter-length blogs making indirect reference to 3rd party anecdotes. How compelling... :rolleyes:

If some shop woman decided to take the piss out on you (on the very distant chance it ever happened - liar) because she could sense you are an asshole who deserved it, then good for her. That you were gullible enough to buy it really speaks to your special brand of idiocy.

Nope. Their failings are my failings, and when those failings come up, I still see it as my duty to address them and help them get back on the right path.

Also, you really don't know what they have been through. I never had any experience with blacks until I moved to Nashville. I worked with a couple of black nurses at Vandy who were quite nice. We weren't BFFs, but we got along. Then I changed jobs. The techs were mostly all black. The only ones who would cooperate were white and the name of the game for the blacks was 'let's see how fast we can sink her.' One day I had a patient who was a young black retarded woman. No one would help her with her ADLs so I just gave her a bath and did her hair myself. They should have all been fired, but the union protected them. At that point, I wouldn't give you 2 cents for any of them. But after I took care of that black retarded woman myself as they should have done, the majority of them apologized for their behavior. One of them actually went on to be a nurse, and I used to run into him occasionally. I went to law school with some and we became very good friends. I studied with the one who was actually in my class, and visited frequently with one who was a couple years behind me. If we were the only ones in the library they never left me sitting alone, but always invited me to lunch with them. Over the years, I worked with a goodly number of black nurses and social workers. None of them ever gave me any trouble, and most were really fun to work with.

We had a pastor here once who every now and again would make a remark that left us all scratching our heads. He took a group on a mission trip every year, and one year he was very agitated and troubled from the minute he learned where he had been assigned. He shared with us that as a child he had been molested by two black men and going to work with a black church made him have nightmares and see himself dead as he never had before. But he went, and came back in pretty decent shape.

Family is family. They are one's blood. We don't always know what they have had to endure. They have their foibles and failings. But it is unacceptable to cast them aside because they don't make the right noises. No single group of people in the world, or any concept related to them is enough to make me ditch anyone in my family. When I was a girl, I saw a rift occur between my mother and a couple of family members. I swore I would NEVER let that occur in my life. My brother and sister haven't been the greatest, but life is hard here in Kentucky and I know that at any point in time, they were both doing their dead level best even if some might not have considered it good enough.

I have friends who I consider the family that I chose. But I look at my own family and recognize that I didn't choose them, but know I have learned from them.

"The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born."
Pearl S. Buck

I would suggest [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] that you turn yourself around in your thinking and consider not how this relative is failing you or your family, but how you or your family is failing him, and consider what things may have brought him to this point in his life. I think if you do that, you will find the answer to your own question.

Ah, so this was nothing but a bait thread. No surprise.

Nope. My cousin sounds just like you sound on this board. Only he is 40 years old, and this shit just started within the last year.

YOU were the first and only person in this thread trying to say we should blame ourselves for failing him. Logic would therefore dictate someone failed you.

Nope. My cousin sounds just like you sound on this board. Only he is 40 years old, and this shit just started within the last year.

YOU were the first and only person in this thread trying to say we should blame ourselves for failing him. Logic would therefore dictate someone failed you.

Right. Everyone who didn't vote for Obama and thinks his wife is ugly is a racist. You don't know me. You. Do. Not. Know. Me. Your asinine labels are stupid. You are NOT one of my relatives, so I can and will kick you to the curb for the asinine noises you make. You are on ignore. I hope from others you have mentioned in this thread as well. They deserve better than you.

Last edited:
We have several here on the board. I am not talking to you.

I would like to ask people who are not racists if they have ever had friends or family who were racists and if so, how did you handle that relationship. Because I don't know how. I find it just as difficult here as in real life to tolerate the ignorance and ugliness being spewed by such people.

I have a cousin who is no longer speaking to me (good riddance) because I told him I couldn't stand the ugliness anymore. It's like he doesn't know how to even shut it off, discuss anything else - he's all about the hate. And frankly, I don't get it. He is not 'all that,' that he should be denigrating 'those people' all the damn time.

Plus, it's almost like he's using it as a weapon, trying to gouge people into reacting, so he can start up again. My aunt and uncle are bewildered, they don't know where all this shit is coming from. He was raised better than that. I don't know much about M.S., but I doubt that it's affecting his brain to this degree.

Blah.

Anyway. Anybody else dealing with what I'm up against?

I've had plenty of friends who were racist.

One married a black Puerto Rican woman.

One shot himself in the head.

Best thing to do is avoid the topic.

"Logic" does not dictate such a conclusion. Just sayin'.

"Logic" does not dictate such a conclusion. Just sayin'.

There are many on here who do not follow the dictates of logic. You are tied up with one in some earlier posts. This thread is a prime demonstration of that, as well as the lack of loyalty and caring that is so prevalent in the 'me first' liberal crowd. Their motto is 'like what I like, do what I do, give me what I want, or I will throw you out in the street.' Anyone who thinks Obama is an ass and that his wife is ugly, which she is, is a racist. And that's that as far as they are concerned. When it comes to disputes between family members, I have learned from 25 years of practice that everyone involved had a hand in the situation. And family theory states that the one acting out is NOT usually the sick one, but is merely reflecting a sick family system. But only the liberals will refuse to claim the hand they had in it. That is a universal observation as well. The more liberal they are the bigger victims they are, and the more they refuse any and all responsibility for the situation.

Last edited:

Wow, two barely twitter-length blogs making indirect reference to 3rd party anecdotes. How compelling... :rolleyes:

If some shop woman decided to take the piss out on you (on the very distant chance it ever happened - liar) because she could sense you are an asshole who deserved it, then good for her. That you were gullible enough to buy it really speaks to your special brand of idiocy.

No we had quite the frank discussion and plenty more after that. i was over there for a year and we were great friends. Sorry none of those thousands of people ever told you this but your personality must suck donkey balls if you are anything like you portray yourself on this board.

Forum List

Back