Addressed to people who are not racists

I had an experience that was interesting some years ago, that happened in of all places on the island of Guam.
A good friend of mine from college who had become a career military man in the Navy was getting married and invited me to his wedding to be his best man

So after a 13 hour flight, and getting checked in to my hotel and getting some rest, I met his fiancée. She was a native of the island and seemed like a very nice lady.

We all went to lunch two days before the wedding, and we had a Filipina waitress. My friends fiancée was extrememly rude to her during the entire time she served us, which I did not understand.

After we paid the check and made it out of the restaraunt, his fiancée grumbled, "I fucking hate Flips"...meaning Filipinos.

I was perplexed by this and later found out that there is a genuine dislike between many withhin these two groups which puzzled me, because from what I saw when I was there, a lot of similarities are present between the two cultures.

That was strange. But I guess it proves that people will always seek a way to harbor resentment towards other people, even in the most remote of areas.

i grew up in a county that was 99.5% white and as a kid i never gave race any thought. My mother, the christian that she was taught me we are all equal. The first black kid i ever saw was part of a group from a reform school they brought from baltimore to go swimming and hiking in the forest i lived next to. The kid missed the bus and ours being the closest house he came knocking on our door. He was literally shaking with fear. He was afraid they would think he escaped. My mom went over and gave him a big hug and said it's ok honey, i'll call the school and explain. And she sure did. She called and jumped all over them and asked how they could be so inept as to leave one of there kids behind. A couple hours later a deputy came and got him. But not before he got a good home cooked meal. He kept in touch with us until he died of cancer years later. And i know she had a hand in turning him around. Mama told me to judge people by character and not color long before i heard mlk's words.

lol

Bloodrock is more of a man than you will ever be. Oh. Wait. You are really a drag queen getting all dramatic. Love it. Keep it up. I will reward you in 48 hours. Bank on it.

Bloodrock is more of a man than you will ever be. Oh. Wait. You are really a drag queen getting all dramatic. Love it. Keep it up. I will reward you in 48 hours. Bank on it.

Are you the black child from the story?

You didn't die of cancer! It's a miracle lol.

i grew up in a county that was 99.5% white and as a kid i never gave race any thought. My mother, the christian that she was taught me we are all equal. The first black kid i ever saw was part of a group from a reform school they brought from baltimore to go swimming and hiking in the forest i lived next to. The kid missed the bus and ours being the closest house he came knocking on our door. He was literally shaking with fear. He was afraid they would think he escaped. My mom went over and gave him a big hug and said it's ok honey, i'll call the school and explain. And she sure did. She called and jumped all over them and asked how they could be so inept as to leave one of there kids behind. A couple hours later a deputy came and got him. But not before he got a good home cooked meal. He kept in touch with us until he died of cancer years later. And i know she had a hand in turning him around. Mama told me to judge people by character and not color long before i heard mlk's words.

lol

Showing kindness to your fellow man is funny huh Rufus? What do you do for fun? Pluck the eyeballs out of puppies? I would say it must suck to be a POS, but then you probably enjoy it.

Define "racist" so I can decide whether or not I know anyone who fits the description.

I had an experience that was interesting some years ago, that happened in of all places on the island of Guam.
A good friend of mine from college who had become a career military man in the Navy was getting married and invited me to his wedding to be his best man

So after a 13 hour flight, and getting checked in to my hotel and getting some rest, I met his fiancée. She was a native of the island and seemed like a very nice lady.

We all went to lunch two days before the wedding, and we had a Filipina waitress. My friends fiancée was extrememly rude to her during the entire time she served us, which I did not understand.

After we paid the check and made it out of the restaraunt, his fiancée grumbled, "I fucking hate Flips"...meaning Filipinos.

I was perplexed by this and later found out that there is a genuine dislike between many withhin these two groups which puzzled me, because from what I saw when I was there, a lot of similarities are present between the two cultures.

That was strange. But I guess it proves that people will always seek a way to harbor resentment towards other people, even in the most remote of areas.

Yes, some people of different nationalities, different cultures, different religions can have issues with each other. This happens all over the world, but it is not usually based on race. Yes, some people will alway find a reason to have a problem with someone who is different. If we were all mixed racially, something like Tiger Woods, being white, black and Asian, there are people who would still find something to feel dislike about someone who is different, because of appearance, culture, religion, etc. The thing with racism, especially in America, is that it is based solely on race. And it manifests itself in the most sickening, disgusting ways, as seen on this board. It's not like Jews and Palestinians disliking each other, the Catholics and Protestants of Northern Ireland disliking each other, the Turks and Greeks disliking each other, and so on. Though those feuds are not okay, imo, they have a history that has created the problem and is understandable. In the US, it is quite clear to me that the black American has a lot of reason to hate white America; I don't see any reason for whites in America to hate blacks except for pure, unadulterated racism.

I was raised in a Christian home and from very early on we were taught not to demean or make fun of people for any reason, whether they looked funny, walked funny or were just different. So, when I had my kids, I would not tolerate any type of discrimination. My kids had friends that were white, hispanic and black, and they all got treated equally. I really don't understand mentality that believes one race is better than another - especially when none of us had anything to do with the race we were born into.

I had two homeless young men living here for awhile. One black, one white. They were friends and every so often the black one would look at the white one and say "Dude, you know you're white, right?" I always got a kick out of that.

I had three stepkids raised on the north side. They all 'sounded black,' and would occasionally get told off for it.

Not going to edit it out, because I did say what I said. I should've said they sounded north side black, or ... I don't know what. But I think everybody knows what I'm trying to say - and maybe somebody will take pity and help me finish this thought properly.

Guessing you meant that they sounded like what people stereotypically associate with Black hip hop culture?

Yes, some people of different nationalities, different cultures, different religions can have issues with each other. This happens all over the world, but it is not usually based on race. Yes, some people will alway find a reason to have a problem with someone who is different. If we were all mixed racially, something like Tiger Woods, being white, black and Asian, there are people who would still find something to feel dislike about someone who is different, because of appearance, culture, religion, etc. The thing with racism, especially in America, is that it is based solely on race. And it manifests itself in the most sickening, disgusting ways, as seen on this board. It's not like Jews and Palestinians disliking each other, the Catholics and Protestants of Northern Ireland disliking each other, the Turks and Greeks disliking each other, and so on. Though those feuds are not okay, imo, they have a history that has created the problem and is understandable. In the US, it is quite clear to me that the black American has a lot of reason to hate white America; I don't see any reason for whites in America to hate blacks except for pure, unadulterated racism.

You raise some compelling points, and having been to a few places outside of America and having grown up during the civil rights movement, I understand what you are stating.

Speaking for myself, although I have had some negative experiences because of my race, I was always taught that to participate in racial hatred was beneath me, and in the end would only serve as a public announcement of my own ignorance.

I have some great long term friendships with people of all races, because I view them as individuals who I choose to accept based only on their character.

I have zero tolerance for racists and racism. No friends, no social contacts who are racists. No racists in my family that I would tolerate

You know, you can't learn anything if you only hang around people who believe exactly as you do. Others can't learn from you either. It's a lose lose situation.

I don't know how many times I have to say it. I have lived and worked in 4 countries outside the US, all of them countries with very different cultures than where I come from. I have traveled to about 40 countries as well, not cruises or resorts, but with a back pack as an independent traveler. My work is working with people from all around the world; right now I work in a work place with about 500 people from at least 20 different countries. In my last place of employment, with about the same number of people, there were people from 71 different countries. I was there for 4 years. I've been doing this, working in different countries and traveling extensively, for 10 years straight. I doubt anyone on this board has more or even as much experience dealing with people from different backgrounds and opinions. Almost all of my daily work is talking to and working with these people directly and talking about ideas. However, my point was that as far as socially, having people as personal friends, I do not tolerate racism. What's really interesting is that I don't have a problem with this with international people, not really, not much. There are a lot of other differences, differences in perspective and outlook, but racism is simply not the issue in many cultures as it is in America. I did not, btw, say I didn't tolerate other differences and opinions, just racism. So making the assumption that I don't tolerate different ideas would be a complete misreading of what I said.

For a social worker who claims every single person that comes to you for help is a liar, you sure get around. The social workers I know don't get paid that much.

I am a conservative white male, therefore by BD BOOPS standards , I am a natural racist, no how many black friends I have.

Black and hispainic friends that I have known from 20 years in the Navy. :cool:

Prejudice is a natural part of human behavior. Its one of our base instincts and enabled us to survive. The more aware you are of it the better you can overcome it by changing your mindset to one that seeks similarities and discards the differences. I have traveled to more than a handful of countries and prejudice and racism are pretty much everywhere from my point of view. In korea (I am generalizing) they hated the Japanese with a passion. They also despised white people. They thought black men grew tails after midnight. One of India's religions (Hinduism) may be the closest religion I have seen to being prejudice to its core. I think that the commercialization of prejudice has done severe harm here in the US. It paints both blacks and whites as victims and keeps them pitted against each other.

I am a conservative white male, therefore by BD BOOPS standards , I am a natural racist, no how many black friends I have.

When did BD say that every conservative white male is racist? I must've missed that one.

Being white and conservative doesn't make a person a "natural racist". My in-laws are "white and conservative" and they are not racists, in fact we have a great loving familial relationship............

You know, you can't learn anything if you only hang around people who believe exactly as you do. Others can't learn from you either. It's a lose lose situation.

I don't know how many times I have to say it. I have lived and worked in 4 countries outside the US, all of them countries with very different cultures than where I come from. I have traveled to about 40 countries as well, not cruises or resorts, but with a back pack as an independent traveler. My work is working with people from all around the world; right now I work in a work place with about 500 people from at least 20 different countries. In my last place of employment, with about the same number of people, there were people from 71 different countries. I was there for 4 years. I've been doing this, working in different countries and traveling extensively, for 10 years straight. I doubt anyone on this board has more or even as much experience dealing with people from different backgrounds and opinions. Almost all of my daily work is talking to and working with these people directly and talking about ideas. However, my point was that as far as socially, having people as personal friends, I do not tolerate racism. What's really interesting is that I don't have a problem with this with international people, not really, not much. There are a lot of other differences, differences in perspective and outlook, but racism is simply not the issue in many cultures as it is in America. I did not, btw, say I didn't tolerate other differences and opinions, just racism. So making the assumption that I don't tolerate different ideas would be a complete misreading of what I said.

For a social worker who claims every single person that comes to you for help is a liar, you sure get around. The social workers I know don't get paid that much.

Wow, you've got a whole made up story about me. I'm a social worker? And I claim there are people who come to me for help? And I call them all liars? No idea who that person is, but it isn't me.

I'm not a social worker. That's very funny. Who told you I'm a social worker? I am a professional but work in different countries. I am paid to live and work in different countries. it happens all the time. There are thousands of Americans who live and work overseas. They are not rich or anything, it is just a lifestyle. I am at the moment living overseas, and working. But not as a social worker. In fact, that is a career I don't think has the option of working in an overseas position. I don't know anything about that career, but I don't think it's the type of career that translates into overseas work; my career happens to be one that is transferable to working for overseas companies. The employer pays for my transportation to and from their country and pays for an apartment, but my salary is normal for a professional in my line of work. Traveling isn't actually that expensive if you don't take cruises or stay at resorts or big hotels. Also, it is a priority. People have their priorities as far as how they spend their money.

Last edited:

Whether one is a racist or not hasn’t anything to do with the number of black friends he might have. That’s an inane criterion.

Racist = any person who who doesn't share the political establishment's definition of racism which is an open book and subject to change just like the definition of "terrorist". It's the same force that allows real ******* to run amok beating up and killing white people while at the same time satisfying the uneasy nature of peaceful black people whose hearts and minds are always in play by the likes of the Democratic party and their assorted parasites..

We have several here on the board. I am not talking to you.

I would like to ask people who are not racists if they have ever had friends or family who were racists and if so, how did you handle that relationship. Because I don't know how. I find it just as difficult here as in real life to tolerate the ignorance and ugliness being spewed by such people.

I have a cousin who is no longer speaking to me (good riddance) because I told him I couldn't stand the ugliness anymore. It's like he doesn't know how to even shut it off, discuss anything else - he's all about the hate. And frankly, I don't get it. He is not 'all that,' that he should be denigrating 'those people' all the damn time.

Plus, it's almost like he's using it as a weapon, trying to gouge people into reacting, so he can start up again. My aunt and uncle are bewildered, they don't know where all this shit is coming from. He was raised better than that. I don't know much about M.S., but I doubt that it's affecting his brain to this degree.

Blah.

Anyway. Anybody else dealing with what I'm up against?

it all depends on how much you are willing to fight. You can either mock them and fight, or ignore their shit and laugh at them behind their backs... I prefer to mock....

my father was the huge racist....

I knew if i wanted to kill him off all i had to do was bring a black man and say he was my boyfriend. :lol:

he about snapped a gasket when, at my brothers wedding, my mother was walked to her seat by one of the grooms men.... a black man.

It was funny as fucking hell.... he blew up like a grape. I was waiting for his head to explode right off his shoulders.

And... it happened a second time when my sister's made of honor was a black woman......and she got to walk HIM to his his seat. I felt so bad for her. bwhahahaha.

I would like to ask people who are not racists if they have ever had friends or family who were racists and if so, how did you handle that relationship. Because I don't know how. I find it just as difficult here as in real life to tolerate the ignorance and ugliness being spewed by such people.

I have a cousin who is no longer speaking to me (good riddance) because I told him I couldn't stand the ugliness anymore. It's like he doesn't know how to even shut it off, discuss anything else - he's all about the hate. And frankly, I don't get it. He is not 'all that,' that he should be denigrating 'those people' all the damn time.

Plus, it's almost like he's using it as a weapon, trying to gouge people into reacting, so he can start up again. My aunt and uncle are bewildered, they don't know where all this shit is coming from. He was raised better than that. I don't know much about M.S., but I doubt that it's affecting his brain to this degree.

Blah.

it all depends on how much you are willing to fight. You can either mock them and fight, or ignore their shit and laugh at them behind their backs... I prefer to mock....

I knew if i wanted to kill him off all i had to do was bring a black man and say he was my boyfriend. :lol:

he about snapped a gasket when, at my brothers wedding, my mother was walked to her seat by one of the grooms men.... a black man.

It was funny as fucking hell.... he blew up like a grape. I was waiting for his head to explode right off his shoulders.

And... it happened a second time when my sister's made of honor was a black woman......and she got to walk HIM to his his seat. I felt so bad for her. bwhahahaha.
nice tits.

Blah.

Hopefully he behaved himself long enough to be seated?

Forum List

Back