Adulting Is Hard! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Needs A Vacation From Work

uh HUH. So you're going to sit there in New Orleans and hold forth on what the people of Queens were thinking. Again with the collective crutch.

But to the last and more important point ---- inasmuch as a Congressional Rep's job is to represent her constituents, what the fuck is supposed to "qualify" them beyond getting elected to that position?

See what I mean? Again the addiction to stereotypes. You think an elected official is only "qualified" by already being an elected official, by being an attorney, or by being connected ---- all of which define "swamp".

*ZERO* of that is required to sit as a Congressional Rep.

If you missed that number it was *ZERO*.

A Rep can (and should) be a bartender, a plumber, a taxi driver, a factory worker, a waitress, a store clerk. You know --- REAL PEOPLE like those they represent. Now you want to whine because a Congresscritter a thousand miles away from you got elected from the real world, and you don't even see the irony.

Apparently in your little bubble Congresscritters are supposed to be representatives of lawyers and politicians and political parties and lobbyists. It would seem I understand the Swamp far better than you do.

you don't understand me at all. I agree that the people should elect who they want to represent them, and in her case that's what they did. But you cannot ignore her ignorant, uneducated, foolish public pronouncements and positions. That, is what this thread is about. HER, not the right of the people to choose their representatives, the people of her district did that, we shall see how that works out for them.

I didn't bring up anybody's "rights". Neither did you. You brought up "qualifications". I axed you what are supposed to be these "qualifications". I'll wait for an answer while I drive to New Orleans.

Probably won't be enough time.

truly the only qualifications anyone needs to be elected to a public office is the votes of a majority of the people they represent.

Edwin Edwards and Ray Nagin and Bill Jefferson come to mind. elected but served jail time for actions while in office. I guess they were qualified----------------------------------------------------------

They were elected, so yeah.

You seem to be unable to answer a simple point that YOU brought up.

Why is that?

my point is that the people don't always elect the best to represent them, and the people get what they vote for. Obama almost destroyed this country in 8 years, but the people voted for him. did they vote to double the national debt, or did they vote for the "first black guy"? I think we both know the answer.

winger posts a smiley face rather than answer. I think that says a lot.

Trump and republicans trying hard to avoid the shutdown. Meanwhile the crazy eyed girl who can’t do basic math is vacationing it up. All thanks to the tax payer expense.

I don't believe the taxpayers are actually paying her anything yet. And she has nothing better to do than vacation, at the moment, since she hasn't taken office yet.

Personally, I don't care that she's taking some time to do whatever it is she's into doing. It's not exactly unusual. I myself went out this week and got my hair cut and colored and my nails done. Difference is, I didn't feel the need to make a pompous, arrogant press event out of it.

you don't understand me at all. I agree that the people should elect who they want to represent them, and in her case that's what they did. But you cannot ignore her ignorant, uneducated, foolish public pronouncements and positions. That, is what this thread is about. HER, not the right of the people to choose their representatives, the people of her district did that, we shall see how that works out for them.

I didn't bring up anybody's "rights". Neither did you. You brought up "qualifications". I axed you what are supposed to be these "qualifications". I'll wait for an answer while I drive to New Orleans.

truly the only qualifications anyone needs to be elected to a public office is the votes of a majority of the people they represent.

Edwin Edwards and Ray Nagin and Bill Jefferson come to mind. elected but served jail time for actions while in office. I guess they were qualified----------------------------------------------------------

Why is that?

my point is that the people don't always elect the best to represent them, and the people get what they vote for. Obama almost destroyed this country in 8 years, but the people voted for him. did they vote to double the national debt, or did they vote for the "first black guy"? I think we both know the answer.

winger posts a smiley face rather than answer. I think that says a lot.

I pretty much assume it says, "You're right, and I know it, but I'm too much of a chickenshit to admit it".

USMB might as well replace that smiley with a white surrender flag, since that's what it basically is, anyway.

Trump and republicans trying hard to avoid the shutdown. Meanwhile the crazy eyed girl who can’t do basic math is vacationing it up. All thanks to the tax payer expense.

I don't believe the taxpayers are actually paying her anything yet. And she has nothing better to do than vacation, at the moment, since she hasn't taken office yet.

Personally, I don't care that she's taking some time to do whatever it is she's into doing. It's not exactly unusual. I myself went out this week and got my hair cut and colored and my nails done. Difference is, I didn't feel the need to make a pompous, arrogant press event out of it.

Your apologist for crazy eyed politicians babbling hogwash is strong with you. Especially the apologist for a politician that can't even do basic math correctly. Wow!

Your apologist for crazy eyed politicians babbling hogwash is strong with you. Especially the apologist for a politician that can't even do basic math correctly. Wow!

An intelligent person would be mortified to have spouted this drivel in public. Of course, if you were an intelligent person, you wouldn't have blindly attacked me without bothering to comprehend what I said beyond, "She's not attacking every atom of Cortez's body! That means she's EXCUSING HER!!!!"

Congratulations. As blitheringly, droolingly stupid as AOC sounds, you just topped her.

and i need a vacation from the freaking posts saying what a bitch she is.
Don't click on them then? Seems the obvious solution to me but I could be wrong....
yea, and i can keep ignoring people who create them but at times i already come into a forum with only 6 threads on the front page. turn off ignore and i see why. usual NO YOU SUCK BULLSHIT YOU SUCK DOPE MORON FUCKFACE.

after awhile you just gotta vent back, i suppose. you can also bypass my venting and ignore it - seems easy enough.

She needs medical treatment. She needs an eye reduction and somehow fix that over bite.

I would also suggest a lobotomy but I doubt it would change her in any way.

Again, interesting that people from the Bedbug Capital deign to proclaim what the Rep from Queens "needs".

Vacations are bad and you should never take one...:290968001256257790-final:
Perhaps she can use the word “vacation”.

Why would Conservatives be so outraged that she would want a few days off before she reports to Congress?

They're not. They're laughing that she went public with such a concern. There's no problem taking a break before you start a new job if you can afford to miss the income, but we wonder how she's doing that if she can't yet afford housing in DC.

Apparently, you cannot distinguish between outrage and mocking, or simply pretend you can't.

That’s a tough one

The time for a newly elected Congressperson is pretty hectic. A lot needs to be done before you take office. Establish an office, hire staff, arrange living quarters, learn new rules and regulations

Conservatives are puzzled how someone who is not being paid yet would want to take a few days off

Shows what simpletons they are
Link to a newly elected Congressman in history proclaiming he/she needed time off.

Link to where this one did?

Why would Conservatives be so outraged that she would want a few days off before she reports to Congress?

They're not. They're laughing that she went public with such a concern. There's no problem taking a break before you start a new job if you can afford to miss the income, but we wonder how she's doing that if she can't yet afford housing in DC.

Apparently, you cannot distinguish between outrage and mocking, or simply pretend you can't.

That’s a tough one

The time for a newly elected Congressperson is pretty hectic. A lot needs to be done before you take office. Establish an office, hire staff, arrange living quarters, learn new rules and regulations

Conservatives are puzzled how someone who is not being paid yet would want to take a few days off

Shows what simpletons they are
Link to a newly elected Congressman in history proclaiming he/she needed time off.

She’s just a dumbass drama queen.

Just stating her plans for the holiday. Every member of Congress is on vacation and Conservatives obsess over a newly elected Congresswoman taking a few days

To be fair they also obsess over whether a holiday they can't spell might be observed by people they don't know. And over whether football players on a game they can't see are assuming the position. So it's not just butthurt over what somebody else irrelevant to them might be doing in elections. It's butthurt over what somebody else might be doing in everything.

Vacations are bad and you should never take one...:290968001256257790-final:

Actually she says nothing about "days off" in the first place.

And you're not "missing income" before it starts.

I think it's a safe bet to assume that she means days off when she talks about taking a few days to take care of herself.

You do huh.

When you're not yet employed, what exactly are you taking days "off" -- from?

Besides which, and I'll just repeat this until it sinks in --- she says nothing about "taking days off". The OP simply pulled that out of his ass. He thinks he can just fabricate titles and no one will check him on it.

So much for "days off". All we have left is "for taking care of herself". Soooo you think she should not take care of herself? Naah, that doesn't make sense, you just think she shouldn't talk about it. You're against speech.

The champion of the working class needs a service dog, crayons, binkie and juice boxes.

“I’m taking a few days to take care of myself before what is sure to be an eventful term. For working people, immigrants, & the poor, self-care is political — not because we want it to be, but bc of the inevitable shaming of someone doing a face mask while financially stressed. So I’ve decided to take others along with me on IG as I learn what self-care even means and why it’s important.”

You don't say! Everyone of you working slobs, call in to your boss and let him know you are taking time off because SELF CARE IS POLITICAL!

Stock up on popcorn and head desk protection, folks. Congress in 2019 is in for one helluva bumpy ride!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez announces 'self-care' break before congressional session even starts - NY Daily News
I take vacation every damn winter so what?

and i need a vacation from the freaking posts saying what a bitch she is.
Don't click on them then? Seems the obvious solution to me but I could be wrong....
yea, and i can keep ignoring people who create them but at times i already come into a forum with only 6 threads on the front page. turn off ignore and i see why. usual NO YOU SUCK BULLSHIT YOU SUCK DOPE MORON FUCKFACE.

after awhile you just gotta vent back, i suppose. you can also bypass my venting and ignore it - seems easy enough.

She needs medical treatment. She needs an eye reduction and somehow fix that over bite.

I would also suggest a lobotomy but I doubt it would change her in any way.
Why are Conservatives so obsessed with looks?

Seen Huckabee Sanders lately?

That sounds an awful lot like a value judgement on a woman's appearance. Why would you do that?

It does huh.

What "value" did he append to the subject then? It's not on my screen.

uh HUH. So you're going to sit there in New Orleans and hold forth on what the people of Queens were thinking. Again with the collective crutch.

But to the last and more important point ---- inasmuch as a Congressional Rep's job is to represent her constituents, what the fuck is supposed to "qualify" them beyond getting elected to that position?

See what I mean? Again the addiction to stereotypes. You think an elected official is only "qualified" by already being an elected official, by being an attorney, or by being connected ---- all of which define "swamp".

*ZERO* of that is required to sit as a Congressional Rep.

If you missed that number it was *ZERO*.

A Rep can (and should) be a bartender, a plumber, a taxi driver, a factory worker, a waitress, a store clerk. You know --- REAL PEOPLE like those they represent. Now you want to whine because a Congresscritter a thousand miles away from you got elected from the real world, and you don't even see the irony.

Apparently in your little bubble Congresscritters are supposed to be representatives of lawyers and politicians and political parties and lobbyists. It would seem I understand the Swamp far better than you do.

Why is that?

my point is that the people don't always elect the best to represent them, and the people get what they vote for.

"Who the best to represent them" is, is a decision left up to "them", is it not? Do you not have your own Rep to vote for/against? Is that not where your judgment "qualifies" a public official -- in your own district? In other words who the fuck are you, or I, or we, to dictate what "the best" is for somebody else? How is it our business at all? Do we not have our own Reps? I do.

The question remains what, to use your term "qualifies" a representative to be a representative. Fulfilling the legal residency and age requirements plus being elected are all the qualifications I'm aware of for any Rep, yours mine or theirs. Yet you implied her history as a bartender somehow disqualifies, or somehow fails to qualify, the subject for this position.

Why does it do that exactly? What's the "approved" occupational history for being a Rep? My last Rep, who also drained a swamp when he got elected, had been a football player. Did that make him "qualified" or "unqualfied"?

--- What's the previous job history "requirement" for a Senator? (Al Franken? John Glenn? Bill Frist? Fred Thompson? Rand Paul?)
---Or for a Governor? (Arnold Schwarzenegger? Jesse Ventura? Ronald Reagan? Dubya? Mitt Romney?)

--- Or for a POTUS, which oughta be especially interesting given we have a current one with no job history whatsoever, not even as a bartender, so ...... interesting choice of path, this here argument. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Obama almost destroyed this country in 8 years, but the people voted for him. did they vote to double the national debt, or did they vote for the "first black guy"? I think we both know the answer.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Pogo's Law clinks yet another nickel. This is why y'all can't find nickels any more folks -- they're all going to me. So now suddenly we're shifting to "Obama" as an alternative way of evading the question. This should end well too.

And yeah we do both know the answer. People voted for O'bama because the economy was in the crapper and they wanted change. But it's interesting that you want to make it about color in spite of that.

Last edited:
Canada and UK

LOL, ask any brit or Canadian, they say it sucks. Long waits for routine procedures, limits on what you can have done, too few doctors so you end up seeing a nurse, high taxes to support the govt health bureaucracy. It doesn't work for the average person. The rich have private co-ops or go to the US for treatment. It sucks, and it would suck here.

I have talked to them. Haven’t found one that would prefer our system of haves and have nots

Met a guy from Britain once and we started talking about healthcare. He told me he had heart bypass surgery the previous year and never even received a bill. Just show your card at admittance and it is taken care of

In this country you spend months arguing over medical bills and copays and in network vs out of network

I have been to London many times, have many friends and business associates there. they all hate the NHS. Its not free, they pay a very high tax rate for mediocre care. there aint no free lunch, winger. Someone has to pay the doctors and hospitals and drug companies, Scandinavians have "free" medicine too, and a 65% income tax rate on everyone, very few can afford to buy a house or a car---------but medical care is free free free free. Careful what you wish for.

All depends on what pocket it comes from. You spend either way
Does it matter if you pay $3000 a year into your employers healthcare plan or $3000 more in taxes?

What matters is what you get for your money.
They get free treatment and may have to wait for nonemergency treatment
We have huge copays and deductibles and may get in a little quicker

the huge copays and deductibles came about because of obozocare. and the difference is that under socialized medicine you also have to pay for a huge government bureaucracy to administer it.

there was no healthcare crisis in the USA before ACA, it was an attempt of fix a non existent problem, and an attempt to federalize 1/6 of the economy-------------a government takeover of the free market.
Have you ever dealt with the insurance company bureaucracy?

And if you had, you would expect that some butthurt klown on this board wouldn't feel the need who lives a continent away to start a whiny thread crying the blues about how you were on "vacation".

And yet --- here we are aren't we.

Why is that?

my point is that the people don't always elect the best to represent them, and the people get what they vote for.

"Who the best to represent them" is, is a decision left up to "them", is it not? Do you not have your own Rep to vote for/against? Is that not where your judgment "qualifies" a public official -- in your own district? In other words who the fuck are you, or I, or we, to dictate what "the best" is for somebody else? How is it our business at all? Do we not have our own Reps? I do.

The question remains what, to use your term "qualifies" a representative to be a representative. Fulfilling the legal residency and age requirements plus being elected are all the qualifications I'm aware of for any Rep, yours mine or theirs. Yet you implied her history as a bartender somehow disqualifies, or somehow fails to qualify, the subject for this position.

Why does it do that exactly? What's the "approved" occupational history for being a Rep? My last Rep, who also drained a swamp when he got elected, had been a football player. Did that make him "qualified" or "unqualfied"?

--- What's the previous job history "requirement" for a Senator? (Al Franken? John Glenn? Bill Frist? Fred Thompson? Rand Paul?)
---Or for a Governor? (Arnold Schwarzenegger? Jesse Ventura? Ronald Reagan? Dubya? Mitt Romney?)

--- Or for a POTUS, which oughta be especially interesting given we have a current one with no job history whatsoever, not even as a bartender, so ...... interesting choice of path, this here argument. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Obama almost destroyed this country in 8 years, but the people voted for him. did they vote to double the national debt, or did they vote for the "first black guy"? I think we both know the answer.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Pogo's Law clinks yet another nickel. This is why y'all can't find nickels any more folks -- they're all going to me. So now suddenly we're shifting to "Obama" as an alternative way of evading the question. This should end well too.

And yeah we do both know the answer. People voted for O'bama because the economy was in the crapper and they wanted change. But it's interesting that you want to make it about color in spite of that.

The economy was not "in the crapper". Obama was elected because a majority of americans wanted a change from a white president to a black (er, half black) president. That was the primary reason, but I don't expect you to ever admit that.

we were discussing why people get elected, Obama was an aberration, and a huge mistake. don't expect you to admit that either..

no nickels for you on this, or anything else, your self aggrandizement notwithstanding.

And if you had, you would expect that some butthurt klown on this board wouldn't feel the need who lives a continent away to start a whiny thread crying the blues about how you were on "vacation".

the bottom line is if she just took the time and didn't crow about it, it would not ever have been discussed. The arrogant girl brought this on herself from the beginning, and it looks like she cannot shut up and stop making stupid ignorant statements.

Why is that?

The economy was not "in the crapper". Obama was elected because a majority of americans wanted a change from a white president to a black (er, half black) president. That was the primary reason, but I don't expect you to ever admit that.

we were discussing why people get elected, Obama was an aberration, and a huge mistake. don't expect you to admit that either..

no nickels for you on this, or anything else, your self aggrandizement notwithstanding.

The economy WAS in the crapper, beginning in September. You could look it up. It's a matter of record.
300px-Finance-dowjones-chart1.jpg

That's why nobody associated with the then-current administration was going to have a chance. A 55-gallon drum filled with BB shot could have won in that setting. Interesting that you're so hung up on what color the candidate was, bending over backward to ignore the economic train wreck.

I already got my nickel the moment you switched tracks from "what qualifies a Congressional Rep" to "b---but...but O'bama".

Last edited:

the bottom line is if she just took the time and didn't crow about it, it would not ever have been discussed. The arrogant girl brought this on herself from the beginning, and it looks like she cannot shut up and stop making stupid ignorant statements.

Welcome to our planet and the bubblesphere of Twitter. Duh.

What some Rep-elect from a district a thousand miles away from you elects (pun intended) to Twit about affects you exactly how? You're the one whining about what somebody else is doing with her personal time --- who does that make "arrogant"?

LOL, ask any brit or Canadian, they say it sucks. Long waits for routine procedures, limits on what you can have done, too few doctors so you end up seeing a nurse, high taxes to support the govt health bureaucracy. It doesn't work for the average person. The rich have private co-ops or go to the US for treatment. It sucks, and it would suck here.

I have talked to them. Haven’t found one that would prefer our system of haves and have nots

Met a guy from Britain once and we started talking about healthcare. He told me he had heart bypass surgery the previous year and never even received a bill. Just show your card at admittance and it is taken care of

In this country you spend months arguing over medical bills and copays and in network vs out of network

I have been to London many times, have many friends and business associates there. they all hate the NHS. Its not free, they pay a very high tax rate for mediocre care. there aint no free lunch, winger. Someone has to pay the doctors and hospitals and drug companies, Scandinavians have "free" medicine too, and a 65% income tax rate on everyone, very few can afford to buy a house or a car---------but medical care is free free free free. Careful what you wish for.

All depends on what pocket it comes from. You spend either way
Does it matter if you pay $3000 a year into your employers healthcare plan or $3000 more in taxes?

What matters is what you get for your money.
They get free treatment and may have to wait for nonemergency treatment
We have huge copays and deductibles and may get in a little quicker

the huge copays and deductibles came about because of obozocare. and the difference is that under socialized medicine you also have to pay for a huge government bureaucracy to administer it.

there was no healthcare crisis in the USA before ACA, it was an attempt of fix a non existent problem, and an attempt to federalize 1/6 of the economy-------------a government takeover of the free market.
Have you ever dealt with the insurance company bureaucracy?

of course, but that bureaucracy is paid for by the company, not the taxpayers and they have incentive to keep customers by being efficient and responsive, unlike the government.

Have you ever dealt with the IRS or SS administration? or heaven forbid, the VA?

Forum List

Back