Almost $18.5 Trillion in debt.

1984 .... Ronald Reagan was President. Because it was then that the Federal Communications Commission created the original Lifeline Assistance program (technically, Lifeline Assistance is the official name of the Obama Phone program).

GIMME MY DAMN REAGAN PHONE !!!!

:banana:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually, the idea is from Communications Act of 1934.
Except that it didn't. The language in the 1934 act was to provide "universal service" at "reasonable charges."

Whereas ReaganPhones were targeted for underprivileged folks for no charge.

Bush later expanded ReaganPhones to include cell phones.

The base for Reagan phones was Communication Act of 1934.

Btw, somehow you missed that there was another president between Reagan and Bush, who also expanded the program. Those minor details are not worth mentioning, right?

None of those program cost not even close to the cost of ObozoPhones.
The program started under Reagan. Deal with it.

dont you love these moronic left-wing memes?
who the phuk cares who started it? i believe the other poster already admitted that leftard!1
lmao what a moron!!
ANYWAY doesnt it bother the rant about the rich crowd that obam is making the richest man in the world even richer running the obamaphone program OBAMA EXPANDED BY 300%?????

pays to be a major obama campaign donor huh????
Here, bedwetter, looks like you need these...

6a00d8341c6d1d53ef0147e0bfbec1970b-300wi

Except that it didn't. The language in the 1934 act was to provide "universal service" at "reasonable charges."

Btw, somehow you missed that there was another president between Reagan and Bush, who also expanded the program. Those minor details are not worth mentioning, right?

dont you love these moronic left-wing memes?
who the phuk cares who started it? i believe the other poster already admitted that leftard!1
lmao what a moron!!
ANYWAY doesnt it bother the rant about the rich crowd that obam is making the richest man in the world even richer running the obamaphone program OBAMA EXPANDED BY 300%?????

pays to be a major obama campaign donor huh????
Here, bedwetter, looks like you need these...

6a00d8341c6d1d53ef0147e0bfbec1970b-300wi

ur right i do leftard!!

i cant stop laughing at you!! i'm tearing up!!

:9:

Of course you said otherwise. You said...

"Actually, the idea is from Communications Act of 1934."
At any rate, Clinton's change only effected the way the fund to pay for it was setup. Reagan started the plan and Bush expanded it to allow for participants to get the Blackberry's you're complaining about.

how do you get to he stated otherwise left-wing idiot??

he stated where the idea came from, he didnt say it started elsewhere. and he didnt say ONLY what you put in quotes you mindless moron, he said after that it was the base for the reagan program. IT'S RIGHT THERE!!
how is that not more relevant than the other line
HE SAID "The base for Reagan phones was Communication Act of 1934."

MORON

At any rate, Clinton's change only effected the way the fund to pay for it was setup. Reagan started the plan and Bush expanded it to allow for participants to get the Blackberry's you're complaining about.

how do you get to he stated otherwise left-wing idiot??

he stated where the idea came from, he didnt say it started elsewhere. and he didnt say ONLY what you put in quotes you mindless moron, he said after that it was the base for the reagan program. IT'S RIGHT THERE!!
how is that not more relevant than the other line
HE SAID "The base for Reagan phones was Communication Act of 1934."

MORON
Except the 1934 act wasn't the base for ReaganPhones. You apparently don't even know what was in the 1934 act. :cuckoo:

Oh, and thank you for signing your post. Not that it was necessary to see who wrote it, but thanks just the same.
thumbsup.gif

I haven't stated otherwise.

I pointed that you omitted Clinton's program expansion.

Only difference, under Reagan, and Clinton, phones were used to be in touch with potential employer, while BlackBarry phones are used to stay in touch with local Welfare office or a drug dealer. :D

Phone program didn't started in 1934.
The idea IS from Communications Act of 1934 that is used as base to start phone program.

Skipping Clinton again?

"That idea dates back to 1934, under the Communications Act, but Reagan was the first to actually implement the legislation. The program grew under President Clinton, who recognized the advent of the newfangled new technology of cordless phones and expanded it to include cell phones." Link below.

Ring Wing Goes Crazy Over 'Obama Phones' Which Are Actually 'Reagan Phones'

Deal with it!

Only difference, under Reagan, and Clinton, phones were used to be in touch with potential employer, while BlackBarry phones are used to stay in touch with local Welfare office or a drug dealer. :D

The idea IS from Communications Act of 1934 that is used as base to start phone program.

Skipping Clinton again?

"That idea dates back to 1934, under the Communications Act, but Reagan was the first to actually implement the legislation. The program grew under President Clinton, who recognized the advent of the newfangled new technology of cordless phones and expanded it to include cell phones." Link below.

Still wrong. The idea doesn't go back to 1934. The idea in the 1934 act was to provide a universal service to everyone at a reasonable charge. ReaganPhones were not for everyone and for free. And how brain-dead are you to think I skipped Clinton?? Read my post a few more times. Maybe you'll see his name in there. :dunno:

Skipping Clinton again?

Still wrong. The idea doesn't go back to 1934. The idea in the 1934 act was to provide a universal service to everyone at a reasonable charge. ReaganPhones were not for everyone and for free. And how brain-dead are you to think I skipped Clinton?? Read my post a few more times. Maybe you'll see his name in there. :dunno:

He used the act of 1934 to get his program thru.
Just like liberals using commerce clause or general welfare clause to force their programs thru.

Yes, you skipped Clinton by denying his program expansion. You stated he only changed the way program was funded. And that a lie.

It doesn't matter how you spin it, it doesn't change the meaning of what I wrote. But, hey, I can't blame you for trying, that's what lefties do.

Skipping Clinton again?

Just like liberals using commerce clause or general welfare clause to force their programs thru.

Yes, you skipped Clinton by denying his program expansion. You stated he only changed the way program was funded. And that a lie.

It doesn't matter how you spin it, it doesn't change the meaning of what I wrote. But, hey, I can't blame you for trying, that's what lefties do.

I am going to guess. This phone thing was originally a landline (receive or call local) for emergency use by poor. Now it has morphed into SMARTPHONES for all with free high speed wireless for those that "qualify".

Skipping Clinton again?

Not changing what you said, why would I? It was stupid when you first said it. The 1934 act was not where the idea for Reagan's plan started. Again, the plan in 1934 was to provide access for everyone for a fee. That was not Reagan's plan. Reagan's plan was to give out phones, along with limited service, to some.

And what else besides creating the universal service fund did Clinton do to expand the program?

Skipping Clinton again?

I am going to guess. This phone thing was originally a landline (receive or call local) for emergency use by poor. Now it has morphed into SMARTPHONES for all with free high speed wireless for those that "qualify".
Exactly.

And like every other government program is a waste aimed to expand government dependency. What started as honest way to help poor, became a tool to buy votes. Lefties are experts in perverting every single great idea.

Skipping Clinton again?

Exactly.

And like every other government program is a waste aimed to expand government dependency. What started as honest way to help poor, became a tool to buy votes. Lefties are experts in perverting every single great idea.
Once again .... it was Bush who expanded the program to include cell phones. Not Clinton, not Obama.... Bush. And Bush was not a "leftie." He's one of yours.We don't want him.

Skipping Clinton again?

Exactly.

Once again .... it was Bush who expanded the program to include cell phones. Not Clinton, not Obama.... Bush. And Bush was not a "leftie." He's one of yours.We don't want him.

RINO = Democrat = GWB or Boner or Avatar (big GOVT, say one thing get elected. do other)
Democrat = Communist or Socialist. there are no reasonable honest democrats. Zero. criminals.
Consevative = small GOVT. (too few)

Skipping Clinton again?

Not changing what you said, why would I? It was stupid when you first said it. The 1934 act was not where the idea for Reagan's plan started. Again, the plan in 1934 was to provide access for everyone for a fee. That was not Reagan's plan. Reagan's plan was to give out phones, along with limited service, to some.

And what else besides creating the universal service fund did Clinton do to expand the program?

What have I said? Idea came from 1934 Act. Couldn't cover everyone, but could cover those in need.

Even left wing site I linked above stated exactly that. If that link is not enough, I could google it for you... :D

Once again: ""That idea dates back to 1934, under the Communications Act, but Reagan was the first to actually implement the legislation. The program grew under President Clinton, who recognized the advent of the newfangled new technology of cordless phones and expanded it to include cell phones."

Aftermath.

Stop spinning my words. Everything I wrote has one meaning, mine. Not yours. If something is not clear, ask for explanation or clarification and I'll be glad to provide it.

But if you try to spin it or lie about what I said, I'll call you on it.

Exactly.

RINO = Democrat = GWB or Boner or Avatar (big GOVT, say one thing get elected. do other)
Democrat = Communist or Socialist. there are no reasonable honest democrats. Zero. criminals.
Consevative = small GOVT. (too few)
:cuckoo:

Every fiscal year of Obama's Administration, he has reduced the deficit. Bush hit a record deficit of $1.4 trillion in FY2009. Obama has gone down from there every single year. No President who ever lived could have gone from a $1.4 trillion deficit to a zero deficit in seven years.

No one.

amazing how somebody claiming to be so smart doesnt appear to know the difference between the National Debt and budget deficits.

Irony. All I have been doing is explaining the difference to the innumerate fools which abound on this forum.

obama added OVER $200 BILLION TO THE "BUSH" DEBT,

And here's where the irony kicks in.

Obama's deficits have been lower and lower each year. You can't say that about Bush. Obama went from Bush's record $1.4 trillion deficit to a $415 billion deficit. He cut the deficit in half in four years.

That's pretty impressive.
These palookas simply don't wanna hear it.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Just by ending the Bush tax cuts in total and getting out of the middle east we could balance the budget in a couple of years. 95% of our debt problems are being caused by three things,,,1. Tax cuts, 2. wars and wall street infusions.

Of course, you'll argue that we need to cut our childs education, infrastructure and other things that never caused a cent of it.

want to solve our debt problems? If you don't take care of the 3 above...Well, shut the fuck up.
So true.

Incorrect.

The plan in 1934 was never to provide free service, but to standardize services to be accessible to everyone at reasonable cost.

"The act created the FCC and also included in its preamble a promise "to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States, a rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges.” " Link below.

FactCheck

Skipping Clinton again?

What have I said? Idea came from 1934 Act. Couldn't cover everyone, but could cover those in need.

Even left wing site I linked above stated exactly that. If that link is not enough, I could google it for you... :D
Or you could quote the text from the 1934 act itself -- but then, no you can't since the idea doesn't exist in there.

Once again: ""That idea dates back to 1934, under the Communications Act, but Reagan was the first to actually implement the legislation. The program grew under President Clinton, who recognized the advent of the newfangled new technology of cordless phones and expanded it to include cell phones."

Aftermath.

Stop spinning my words. Everything I wrote has one meaning, mine. Not yours. If something is not clear, ask for explanation or clarification and I'll be glad to provide it.

But if you try to spin it or lie about what I said, I'll call you on it.
Who knows what backwards site you got that idiocy from, but no, Clinton did not expand the program to include cell phones. Bush did....

Lifeline Facts

Following the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under President George W. Bush, modernized Lifeline in 2008 to allow recipients to choose between receiving their benefits through a wireless plan or a landline, not President Obama.

Incorrect.

The plan in 1934 was never to provide free service, but to standardize services to be accessible to everyone at reasonable cost.

"The act created the FCC and also included in its preamble a promise "to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States, a rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges.” " Link below.

FactCheck
Wow, you're getting increasingly rightarded.

I never said the plan in the 1934 act was to provide free service. :cuckoo:

The US spends more money on wars than anything else, by far. Not to mention the cost of lives. Both foreign and domestic.

Since leftist only care about the history that makes them look good and ignore the rest.

I will ask you why we are involved in world affairs. Who got us involved in the world and why you think they did that.
Oh, I dunno. Why don't you tell me?

Forum List

Back