Almost died last night

I also should give thanks to my daughter. Had she not been there to call 9/11. I would have had it!

I seem to have upset atheists who don't like the idea that I might see a little miracle in what happened to me. Well, I do and you can't change my mind.

A few days ago, when things were looking really black, I got on my knees and asked Jesus:

"Look, I just need to know you're still there. That you haven't turned your back on me."

Then last night I swallowed a piece of chicken that was literally the "bit off more than I could chew" scenario.

For a 30 seconds to a minute I could not breathe at all. I flailed around choking. Made it to the kitchen sink and vomited out water.

After that I could breathe (barely). I croaked out to my daughter to call 911, which she did.

Long of the short. Squad came out. Took me to the hospital. That piece of meat was stuck in my esophagus, just blocking everything. I was vomiting my own saliva, because nothing could move.

They knocked me out, scoped me and shoved the thing down to my stomach to clear my air ways.

But when I woke up, they told me they discovered something, in my esophagus. I prepared myself. I thought they were going to tell me they found a tumor.

They found a rather big ulcer. that was in danger of becoming perforated. In fact, if it had continued, It could have become very serious.

Funny thing is, I never felt it. I literally had no pain with this ulcer. I have no idea it was there. They were surprised I had no pain with it. They said most people would have known something was wrong. I didn't.

If I had not choked on that meat, and had been scoped, I would have never known it was there, and it would have continued to get worse until it was perforated.

They put me on a restricted diet and I'm to see a doctor again in two weeks.

When I got home, I could just feel The Good Lord telling me. "You see that? I AM there. I haven't turned my back on you."

Blessings in disguise. That was definitely a blessing in disguise.

If you want to believe that a mythical sky fairy saved you from choking that's certainly your prerogative, but back in the real world what happened to you has happened to lots of other people including myself. I just had an endoscopy done a month ago because I've had a piece of meat stuck in my throat THREE times this year and after about an hour of vomiting and coughing water back up every time I tried to swallow some it ultimately dislodged on its own and went down. It turns out I too have an ulcer in my throat as well as eosinophilic esophagitis which I am now taking some meds for.

I am not religious, do not go to church, and never asked Jesus to let me know if he is still there and I too did not choke to death despite having your experience three times. A supernatural being didn't reach into your throat and bless you. You didn't choke for the same reason all the rest of us who have had this issue don't choke to death when it happens. The fact that a few days beforehand you chose to pray to a non-existent entity is nothing more than coincidence.
X I disagree.

God saved his life. Twice. He's grateful and gave God the glory. You should try it too - God will answer more prayers for you in the future when you show a grateful heart. Seriously.

Psst! I'm a girl! :D

A few days ago, when things were looking really black, I got on my knees and asked Jesus:

"Look, I just need to know you're still there. That you haven't turned your back on me."

Then last night I swallowed a piece of chicken that was literally the "bit off more than I could chew" scenario.

For a 30 seconds to a minute I could not breathe at all. I flailed around choking. Made it to the kitchen sink and vomited out water.

After that I could breathe (barely). I croaked out to my daughter to call 911, which she did.

Long of the short. Squad came out. Took me to the hospital. That piece of meat was stuck in my esophagus, just blocking everything. I was vomiting my own saliva, because nothing could move.

They knocked me out, scoped me and shoved the thing down to my stomach to clear my air ways.

But when I woke up, they told me they discovered something, in my esophagus. I prepared myself. I thought they were going to tell me they found a tumor.

They found a rather big ulcer. that was in danger of becoming perforated. In fact, if it had continued, It could have become very serious.

Funny thing is, I never felt it. I literally had no pain with this ulcer. I have no idea it was there. They were surprised I had no pain with it. They said most people would have known something was wrong. I didn't.

If I had not choked on that meat, and had been scoped, I would have never known it was there, and it would have continued to get worse until it was perforated.

They put me on a restricted diet and I'm to see a doctor again in two weeks.

When I got home, I could just feel The Good Lord telling me. "You see that? I AM there. I haven't turned my back on you."

Blessings in disguise. That was definitely a blessing in disguise.

If you want to believe that a mythical sky fairy saved you from choking that's certainly your prerogative, but back in the real world what happened to you has happened to lots of other people including myself. I just had an endoscopy done a month ago because I've had a piece of meat stuck in my throat THREE times this year and after about an hour of vomiting and coughing water back up every time I tried to swallow some it ultimately dislodged on its own and went down. It turns out I too have an ulcer in my throat as well as eosinophilic esophagitis which I am now taking some meds for.

I am not religious, do not go to church, and never asked Jesus to let me know if he is still there and I too did not choke to death despite having your experience three times. A supernatural being didn't reach into your throat and bless you. You didn't choke for the same reason all the rest of us who have had this issue don't choke to death when it happens. The fact that a few days beforehand you chose to pray to a non-existent entity is nothing more than coincidence.
X I disagree.

God saved his life. Twice. He's grateful and gave God the glory. You should try it too - God will answer more prayers for you in the future when you show a grateful heart. Seriously.

Psst! I'm a girl! :D

Well I am so glad you are alright, Girl! I am just so glad! You have surely pleased the Lord mightily by giving Him praise openly like this on a public message board! I have the greatest respect for people who speak up for the LORD like this and thank him publicly for saving their lives! I know that pleases God greatly, Tea!

Seriously - the month of October through November 3rd is a very satanic time - people cruising the internet to put incantations - death curses on others - looking to cause destruction upon people as a offering to the one they serve - Lucifer - it is good to be aware of it - and I am praying for all of you - I felt led to write down the screen names of the people on USMB to pray for them every single day - through Nov 3rd for special protection from the LORD - that He keeps those he has called to be His - safe and preserves their lives - that not a single person will perish and that the plans of the enemy would be utterly destroyed. I am also praying that the pit the wicked have dug for the children of God will be the pit they fall into themselves - because the Word of God says that is what will happen to them. I'm just praying the Word and speaking forth what I know won't return back to God until it is accomplished.

I was grateful to God to learn Don't Taz me bro didn't choke to death -after hearing his story - I know God protected him even though he doesn't believe like you do! I still pray protection for that man that God will not allow him to be taken off this earth as an unbeliever! He may not understand it but God has put a great love in my heart for many of the people here! He is one of them! Bless his heart!

So why did god let you get an ulcer in the first place? He's not powerful enough to stop it? He has to just let you know so that someone else can do his job for him?

Man, not God, brought sickness into this world as a result of his disobedience.

So when people in Africa get eaten by a lion or killed by a hippopotamus (which kill way more people than lions) or someone in Canada gets mauled to death by a bear did man bring those animals into the world as a result of his disobedience?

This is what happens when you can't deny a small miracle. You try to twist what I said.

I don't intend to dignify your nonsense.

What's nonsensical is that you think this was a miracle. Evidently I've had three of them.

Is it nonsense? Or is it rather you are upset I see a miracle where you can't?

Why would I be upset about the fact I'm not naive enough to hold onto the absurd myths contrived by primitive people 3,000 years ago to explain things that science now can?

So you're thanking god for giving you an ulcer? :lame2:

No, I'm Thanking God, that I learned I HAD an ulcer and can do something about it. Otherwise, It would have become worse until it was too late.
So why did god let you get an ulcer in the first place? He's not powerful enough to stop it? He has to just let you know so that someone else can do his job for him?

So when people in Africa get eaten by a lion or killed by a hippopotamus (which kill way more people than lions) or someone in Canada gets mauled to death by a bear did man bring those animals into the world as a result of his disobedience?

"Getting mauled by a bear" is the #3 cause of death in Canada, after "Getting mauled by a moose" and "Cardiac arrest from eating poutine."

This is what happens when you can't deny a small miracle. You try to twist what I said.

I don't intend to dignify your nonsense.

What's nonsensical is that you think this was a miracle. Evidently I've had three of them.

Is it nonsense? Or is it rather you are upset I see a miracle where you can't?

Why would I be upset about the fact I'm not naive enough to hold onto the absurd myths contrived by primitive people 3,000 years ago to explain things that science now can?

Because you seem upset that I do believe in Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back