Amazing how accurate Obamacare opponents were.

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
I remember hearing that Obamacare will double in price in 2016. I remember hearing that you would need to get prior approval before medical care. I remember hearing deductibles would be high. I have a full time employee that has had his rate doubled in January 2016. He needs to see a doctor and needs surgery. His deductible is 6,000 and has to get permission to see the doctor first and has to get approval from the government official before he is allowed to have the surgery. He pays for this himself without the help of Obamacare. What a shame. He tells me everyone he knows on this Obamacare has to do the same.

I remember hearing that Obamacare will double in price in 2016. I remember hearing that you would need to get prior approval before medical care. I remember hearing deductibles would be high. I have a full time employee that has had his rate doubled in January 2016. He needs to see a doctor and needs surgery. His deductible is 6,000 and has to get permission to see the doctor first and has to get approval from the government official before he is allowed to have the surgery. He pays for this himself without the help of Obamacare. What a shame. He tells me everyone he knows on this Obamacare has to do the same.

Who's the insurer?

I think he told me Blue Cross.

If what he's telling you (and you're telling us) is true, then he needs to change insurers. It's the insurer who sets the terms.

As his employer, why don't you offer your employees a group plan?

• LONE PROFITABLE ACA INSURANCE CO-OP NOW LOSING MILLIONS (Maine)
    AP ^ | 12-10-15 | TOM MURPHY
    The lone health insurance cooperative to make money last year on the Affordable Care Act's public insurance exchanges is now losing millions and suspending individual enrollment for 2016. Maine's Community Health Options lost more than $17 million in the first nine months of this year, after making $10.9 million in the same period last year. A spokesman said higher-than-expected medical costs have hurt the cooperative.

• LONE PROFITABLE ACA INSURANCE CO-OP NOW LOSING MILLIONS (Maine)
    AP ^ | 12-10-15 | TOM MURPHY
    The lone health insurance cooperative to make money last year on the Affordable Care Act's public insurance exchanges is now losing millions and suspending individual enrollment for 2016. Maine's Community Health Options lost more than $17 million in the first nine months of this year, after making $10.9 million in the same period last year. A spokesman said higher-than-expected medical costs have hurt the cooperative.

KFF-state-health-insurance-marketplace-types-healthreform-1940x1454.png

Forum List

Back