America founded by whites... for whites

Why did they bring all those black slave over here then? They had to know that was not going to turn out well. Letting them marry and have families would lead to groups forming and dissent among the slaves. A country started by being independent and hard working surely had no need for slaves, and they had to recognize the immorality of it all.

If it was settled by whites, for whites

Why did they need to bring in blacks as slaves?

They didn't. Read all about it.

Jewish Involvement In Black Slave Trade To The Americas
Jews and the African Slave Trade | My Jewish Learning

2nd one there is a JEWISH WEBSITE!

Instead of hijacking someone else's thread, I wanted to defend the title of this thread by creating a thread to talk about one thing. However, before I do, I want to ask each of you a question: If I tell you that due to the court case of Roe v. Wade, abortion is legal in America, does that make me pro-abortion for stating a fact?

In this thread, I will give you the facts. I'll also put perspective into it and challenge my critics to respond without name calling and without long harangues to try and derail the thread. If you participate and you begin name calling, it will be noted and then no future responses will be required as you will have lost any pretend debate. Secondary, I will not respond to long diatribes that look like a book. Let's make our posts not exceed about a dozen paragraphs (give or take a few sentences. That said, let's rock:

The United States was founded by white Christians for the benefit of white Christians. Personally, I do not find it racist or white supremacist in its proper context. But, what I'm telling you is true. The very first governing document of the New World began with these words:

'In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and advancements of the Christian faith..."
(see the Mayflower Compact of 1620)

About a decade later in 1630, aboard the ship the Arbella, John Winthrop gave a sermon that has been cited (in part) by all kinds of statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. I'd like to give a couple of excerpts from that sermon and put this into perspective:

"First, in regard of the more near bond of marriage between Him and us, wherein He hath taken us to be His, after a most strict and peculiar manner, which will make Him the more jealous of our love and obedience. So He tells the people of Israel, you only have I known of all the families of the earth, therefore will I punish you for your transgressions.

...Thirdly, when God gives a special commission He looks to have it strictly observed in every article; When He gave Saul a commission to destroy Amaleck, He indented with him upon certain articles, and because he failed in one of the least, and that upon a fair pretense, it lost him the kingdom, which should have been his reward, if he had observed his commission.

...Thus stands the cause between God and us. We are entered into covenant with Him for this work. We have taken out a commission
..."

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf

The ONLY people to have a special commission from God were the biblical Israelites. That is how the colonists viewed themselves: They were the Israelites of the Bible; the land we call America was the promised land - the New Jerusalem.

http://www.kimmillerconcernedchristians.com/Unsealings/1425.pdf

They were far from the only colonist of the United States.

Nor did George Washington view only Christians as Americans

When acquiring workmen for Mount Vernon, he wrote to his agent, "If they be good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa, or Europe; they may be Mohammedans [Muslims], Jews, or Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists."[50]

In 1790, Washington expressed his support for religious tolerance where in a letter to the Hebrew Congregation in Newport, Rhode Island, he stated, "May the Children of the Stock of Abraham, who dwell in this land, continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other Inhabitants; while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree, and there shall be none to make him afraid."[60] The phrase “under his own vine and fig tree” is from the Hebrew Bible (Micah 4:4).[61]

Of course none of that has anything to do with America being founded by whites for whites. Which makes makes the OP even wierder.

You take a LOT of things out of context and refuse to read the provided links. The founders / framers saw themselves as the stock of Abraham. Dude, for real, read this thread, starting with the first post and read the links. I think what the founders / framers said, in their own words are more relevant than what you believe. I think you may fear what I bring to the table.

ALL of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation and the Constitution of the United States were white. By the time we get to the Preamble of the Constitution, we see some very specific language:

They were all also all men. I guess that means America was founded only for men.

I didn't realize who you were until you got into your usual idiocy about the 14th Amendment.

I leave you to your usual rants about your singular point of view about America being only for people like yourself.

My "singular" point of view as you call it was taught me to by law school professors and a retired judge.

'America is a stolen country'

412c1815076864fcd577d5127f98b022.jpg

Okay. It's really hard to keep up with this discussion. I will start a thread about America as a Christian nation - perhaps later today if I have time.

I feel that if someone wants to scroll through this topic and read my entries, I've proven, unequivocally, that America was founded for white for the benefit of whites - despite those who refuse to read the entire Preamble... or even the Constitution for that matter.
You've proven nothing but the fact that you're a white supremacist.

Okay. It's really hard to keep up with this discussion. I will start a thread about America as a Christian nation - perhaps later today if I have time.

I feel that if someone wants to scroll through this topic and read my entries, I've proven, unequivocally, that America was founded for white for the benefit of whites - despite those who refuse to read the entire Preamble... or even the Constitution for that matter.

Who are you trying to make believe that? Me or YOU?

Answered this drivel in the first two posts of this thread.

500 Nations - The story of native Americans - part II

I don't have to make anyone believe it. You're proving it.

Oh, and I understand exactly what "we the people" means. I also understand what the US Constitution means. A simple majority in a given community cannot void select parts of the US Constitution. Period.

You only read PART of the Preamble.

I know the entire Preamble to the Constitution. I do not see how that effects what I said.

We the people is limited to the framers and their offspring (Posterity.) It is NOT a multicultural document. Read the first two posts of this thread.

The 14th amendment clearly states that blacks were citizens. That it took a hundred years to recognize that is a simple matter or learning for both blacks and whites.

When the immigration law was written in the original constitution, blacks were barely considered human. Certainly not capable of equality. In the next hundred years, having generations of education for blacks, this was seen as an error.

It is irrelevant. It is irrelevant. What part do you not understand???

The 14th Amendment was used to abolish unalienable Rights (i.e. the Bill of Rights) and today NOBODY has any God given unalienable Rights. Everything the blacks thought they were getting, they had save of the privilege of voting. EVERYBODY lost and the 14th Amendment was illegally ratified... IF you have any respect for the Rule of Law.

This is straight white supremacy. And it's a lie since the 14th Amendment is the law.

Constitutional Myth #8: The 14th Amendment Doesn't Exist

America today is what we call a democracy -- because of the Fourteenth Amendment.

The Amendment has been called "the second Constitution," because of the number and importance of the changes it made. But to hear many of 21st Century's far-right "constitutionalists" tell the American story, the Fourteenth Amendment doesn't exist. Or, at least, not as something that affects the way we live today.

These people are what I call "Fourteenth Amendment deniers." Their radical right-wing agenda is much more attainable if the values of human equality, and basic civil and political rights, are read out of the document. So, like Sgt. Schultz in Hogan's Heroes, they look at the text and see "nothing -- nothing!"

The most radical of them simply proclaim that the Fourteenth Amendment doesn't count; it wasn't validly adopted. Southern Senators and Representatives weren't seated in the Congress that proposed it at the end of -the Civil War, they argue, so that body was illegitimate. In 1957, with the prospect of school desegregation staring it in its all-white face, the Georgia State Legislature went so far as to pass a resolution declaring that "the so-called 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution of the United States are null and void and of no effect."

Porter Blackwell-"It is irrelevant. It is irrelevant. What part do you not understand???"

"The 14th Amendment was used to abolish unalienable Rights (i.e. the Bill of Rights) and today NOBODY has any God given unalienable Rights. Everything the blacks thought they were getting, they had save of the privilege of voting. EVERYBODY lost and the 14th Amendment was illegally ratified... IF you have any respect for the Rule of Law."

Let's read what Sen. Jacob Howard (R-MI), the Senate sponsor of the Amendment, said:

"The personal rights guaranteed and secured by the first eight amendments of the Constitution; such as the freedom of speech and of the press; the right of the people peaceably to assemble and petition the Government for a redress of grievances, a right appertaining to each and all the people; the right to keep and bear arms; the right to be exempted from the quartering of soldiers in a house without the consent of the owner; the right to be exempt from unreasonable searches and seizures, and from any search or seizure except by virtue of a warrant issued upon a formal oath or affidavit; the right of an accused person to be informed of the nature of the accusation against him, and his right to be tried by an impartial jury of the vicinage; and also the right to be secure against excessive bail and against cruel and unusual punishments. . . .

The last two clauses of the first section of the amendment disable a state from depriving not merely a citizen of the United States, but any person, whoever he may be, of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or from denying to him the equal protection of the laws of the state. This abolishes all class legislation and does away with the injustice of subjecting one caste of persons to a code not applicable to another."

Rockwell is posting white supremacist lunacy. He has been radicalized to such an extent that he believes what he is posting are legitimate facts. He's a loony tune folks.

Elmer_Fudd_Looney_Tunes_Wallpaper_1.jpg

I continue to tell people we were founded as a constitutional Republic, not a theocracy.

Indeed so, with quite enough historical evidence to back that up

No matter what I do, it's falling on deaf ears and blind eyes. What we need is perspective

the 3 century evolution from late 1400's to late 1700's does it for me
what we considered (at least Euro's) the 'civilized world' was completely immersed in theocratic rule on one end of that time line, to a constitutional republic openly separating itself from it on the other

I wonder if other countries followed suit now?

Lighten up IM2, :45: what we have is historical data portraying the first explorers declaring themselves God given supremacists via the insane zealotry of the times

Granted, they'd probably burn one at the stake , should they opt out ....

~S~

I continue to tell people we were founded as a constitutional Republic, not a theocracy.

No matter what I do, it's falling on deaf ears and blind eyes. What we need is perspective

what we considered (at least Euro's) the 'civilized world' was completely immersed in theocratic rule on one end of that time line, to a constitutional republic openly separating itself from it on the other

Lighten up IM2, :45: what we have is historical data portraying the first explorers declaring themselves God given supremacists via the insane zealotry of the times

~S~

No, there is no lighten up. Porter Rockwell is arguing that America was founded by and only for whites. He is not arguing about a constitutional republic. He is arguing for a white ethnostate. That idea cannot continue to be allowed to become an agenda.

Porter Rockwell is arguing that America was founded by and only for whites

From what i'm reading Porter is right , as it appears historically correct.

But you need to consider the time frame , as well as quasi-theocratic politics involved at the time.

In fact, it should have been expected , as zealotry and bigotry are often cloaked in the guise of political agenda , i can even name a number of countries that roll the same way in today's world, can you?

So what's your beef with it all anyways IM2? Here we've outed the roots of white supremacism , hiding behind the cross as they explored the new world, beating all they encountered over the head with it....because THEY WERE WHITE

~S~

Porter Rockwell is arguing that America was founded by and only for whites

From what i'm reading Porter is right , as it appears historically correct.

But you need to consider the time frame , as well as quasi-theocratic politics involved at the time.

In fact, it should have been expected , as zealotry and bigotry are often cloaked in the guise of political agenda , i can even name a number of countries that roll the same way in today's world, can you?

So what's your beef with it all anyways IM2? Here we've outed the roots of white supremacism , hiding behind the cross as they explored the new world, beating all they encountered over the head with it....because THEY WERE WHITE

~S~

Except that 500 nations of indigenous people were living here with established nations. That alone kills Rockwells argument. I have considered the time frame and there is no excuse. Rockwell argues this claiming it's not white supremacy. We are in the situation we are as a country for letting beliefs like this go unchecked. I understand how as a white person the seriousness here escapes you, and the eternal problem here at USMB is the failure to understand why others who are not white see certain things as they do. I am supposed to consider the times when it comes to this, but whites don't ever have to consider the times when the British controlled the colony and if a British person was to tell any of you that America was founded as a British colony, and the nation was formed without permission of the crown, therefore you are all subjects of the queen, you would not accept that argument even as it is true that America was first established as a British colony.

It's time some whites here stopped the tone policing. The roots of white supremacy has been mentioned here long ago, those like you called me and others racists for doing so.

Except that 500 nations of indigenous people were living here with established nations. That alone kills Rockwells argument.

One would imagine all them 'lil red people we off'd, along with all the 'lil brown people Columbus off'd in the Caribbean, or Cortez in S America advocate to Porter's position IM2

I have considered the time frame and there is no excuse. Rockwell argues this claiming it's not white supremacy.

You should read the OP's 2 links then....

We are in the situation we are as a country for letting beliefs like this go unchecked. I understand how as a white person the seriousness here escapes you, and the eternal problem here at USMB is the failure to understand why others who are not white see certain things as they do.

I'm being enlightened to history IM2 , one would think you'd be all over it as well
So just how would you like me to 'see' it?

I am supposed to consider the times when it comes to this, but whites don't ever have to consider the times when the British controlled the colony and if a British person was to tell any of you that America was founded as a British colony, and the nation was formed without permission of the crown, therefore you are all subjects of the queen, you would not accept that argument even as it is true that America was first established as a British colony.

society changes with time , as do our socio-political views IM2

what we believe then, is not what we believe now, nor what we will believe in the future

It's time some whites here stopped the tone policing. The roots of white supremacy has been mentioned here long ago, those like you called me and others racists for doing so.

I'll forgo the racial bullsh*t for sake of clarity them IM2

we're privy to the roots of white supremacy via history written 4 centuries ago by what were aristo-zealots hailing from a theocracy

One would think , of all posters, YOU would be high 5'ing this thread....'I toldjaso'....Winthrop & Cotton!!!the grand wizard daddy of 'em all!

~S~

I don't have to make anyone believe it. You're proving it.

If you check the posts, you have not fooled anyone except yourself.

You only read PART of the Preamble.

I know the entire Preamble to the Constitution. I do not see how that effects what I said.

We the people is limited to the framers and their offspring (Posterity.) It is NOT a multicultural document. Read the first two posts of this thread.

The 14th amendment clearly states that blacks were citizens. That it took a hundred years to recognize that is a simple matter or learning for both blacks and whites.

When the immigration law was written in the original constitution, blacks were barely considered human. Certainly not capable of equality. In the next hundred years, having generations of education for blacks, this was seen as an error.

It is irrelevant. It is irrelevant. What part do you not understand???

The 14th Amendment was used to abolish unalienable Rights (i.e. the Bill of Rights) and today NOBODY has any God given unalienable Rights. Everything the blacks thought they were getting, they had save of the privilege of voting. EVERYBODY lost and the 14th Amendment was illegally ratified... IF you have any respect for the Rule of Law.

This is straight white supremacy. And it's a lie since the 14th Amendment is the law.

The 14th Amendment is law by force. It was illegally ratified.

~S~

No, there is no lighten up. Porter Rockwell is arguing that America was founded by and only for whites. He is not arguing about a constitutional republic. He is arguing for a white ethnostate. That idea cannot continue to be allowed to become an agenda.

But, is that not basically your position?

I have seen you rave about how the government has been supposedly discriminating in favor of white men, or white supremacist or any other of a host of irrational rants, that basically would be in line completely with what Rockwell is saying.

Your only disagreement would be in what to do next.

If you deny now, your years of decrying the terrible "white supremacy" of the US and the US government, at this point, you will have no credibility when the next point of discussion comes.

For those few ears that still give you some, of course.

Forum List

Back