America is already a "Sharia Compliant State"

If you want to live the life of a religious Muslim in the US and pray 5 times a day, not drink alcohol, not eat pork and fast for Ramadan, fine, go ahead, but I don't understand this passion for Muslims to go to the courts and try and force everyone to live the same way. There are plenty of Muslim countries overseas where the Islamic lifestyle is the law of the land, if I wanted to live that way I would move there.
I don't understand why some want to change the US when what they seek is already elsewhere.

Oh, wait...this is that ridiculous Caliphate idea. The entire world Muslim.

Not gonna happen. Ever. Throughout all eternity, never.

I just don't understand this passion to try and force everyone to succumb to their way of life, I just don't get it.

If you want to live the life of a religious Muslim in the US and pray 5 times a day, not drink alcohol, not eat pork and fast for Ramadan, fine, go ahead, but I don't understand this passion for Muslims to go to the courts and try and force everyone to live the same way. There are plenty of Muslim countries overseas where the Islamic lifestyle is the law of the land, if I wanted to live that way I would move there.
I don't understand why some want to change the US when what they seek is already elsewhere.

Oh, wait...this is that ridiculous Caliphate idea. The entire world Muslim.

Not gonna happen. Ever. Throughout all eternity, never.

I just don't understand this passion to try and force everyone to succumb to their way of life, I just don't get it.
Me, neither.

and for the record, just go any American embassy in any arab country and see how many muslims try to LEAVE their law-sharia-applied country to come here and LIVE the dream, NOT change the dream, you will find it packed.. even muslims WANT to leave. funny, isn't it?

and for the record, just go any American embassy in any arab country and see how many muslims try to LEAVE their law-sharia-applied country to come here and LIVE the dream, NOT change the dream, you will find it packed.. even muslims WANT to leave. funny, isn't it?

Shit when I was in Kuwait the line to the American Embassy was jam packed every morning, not so much with Kuwaitis but alot of Egyptians, Iranians, Syrians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc etc all trying to leave that shit hole.

Shit when I was in Kuwait the line to the American Embassy was jam packed every morning, not so much with Kuwaitis but alot of Egyptians, Iranians, Syrians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc etc all trying to leave that shit hole.

THAT's what I'm talking about, Egypt american embassy too, now.. denied so many times and still trying.. I wonder why they want to LEAVE such fair, just, sharia law countries and come here????? :doubt:

THAT's what I'm talking about, Egypt american embassy too, now.. denied so many times and still trying.. I wonder why they want to LEAVE such fair, just, sharia law countries and come here????? :doubt:

I don't understand it either, if Sharia Law is such a blessing it should be us lining up to go and live over there in that beautiful system.

I don't understand it either, if Sharia Law is such a blessing it should be us lining up to go and live over there in that beautiful system.

You see? where is the rambling melissa, or shikh Sunni now? do you have any explaination for that?
All immigrants come from arab countries, go to Europe, US, Canada, and all other countries that DOES NOT apply that shit law... and now you think it should be applied here? you must be so unhappy here? go for it.. MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. people there would be SO glad to apply sharia law on you, maybe a couple stones, and a tent to live in EXACTLY like your prophet used to live, and maybe a 6 years old baby to be your wife, 4th wife.. and a camel to ride instead of a car, and become a shephard as your dream job... what a NICE, primative life.. instead of going forward, go backward.. is that what this world is about?

You see? where is the rambling melissa, or shikh Sunni now? do you have any explaination for that?
All immigrants come from arab countries, go to Europe, US, Canada, and all other countries that DOES NOT apply that shit law... and now you think it should be applied here? you must be so unhappy here? go for it.. MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. people there would be SO glad to apply sharia law on you, maybe a couple stones, and a tent to live in EXACTLY like your prophet used to live, and maybe a 6 years old baby to be your wife, 4th wife.. and a camel to ride instead of a car, and become a shephard as your dream job... what a NICE, primative life.. instead of going forward, go backward.. is that what this world is about?

Alot of people in the US who have never traveled to the Middle East are really niaeve how it is there and what it is really like to live under Islamic law, they assume people over there are living the same like the US and Europe.

huh!!! no women can wear short sleeves shirt, or even a skirt, without guys whistle, and maybe say nice, or nasty things about her legs, or face, or... every little inch of a woman's body.. is just nasty!! harrasments are everywhere, in the bus, train, work, neigbourhood, even streets.. not only women, any other religion other tham muslims get crushed like a roach, psychologically, and personally, and any other way possible.. I have a sister still back in Egypt, when she tried to apply for a job in a very decent medicine company (as she's a chemist), next day she called to follow up, the receptionist told her, "oh you are the christian one, sorry don't have a job for you" and from this you can imagine, any other companies, and the responses she recieved .. it is just too much..

huh!!! no women can wear short sleeves shirt, or even a skirt, without guys whistle, and maybe say nice, or nasty things about her legs, or face, or... every little inch of a woman's body.. is just nasty!! harrasments are everywhere, in the bus, train, work, neigbourhood, even streets.. not only women, any other religion other tham muslims get crushed like a roach, psychologically, and personally, and any other way possible.. I have a sister still back in Egypt, when she tried to apply for a job in a very decent medicine company (as she's a chemist), next day she called to follow up, the receptionist told her, "oh you are the christian one, sorry don't have a job for you" and from this you can imagine, any other companies, and the responses she recieved .. it is just too much..

Oh you are 100% correct I have been to the region and I know what its like, Egypt especially is known for its horrible record with womens rights, women get sexually harassed all the time and the guys there just laugh about it and nothing gets done. Why people want to make the US more like those countries is insane.

Oh you are 100% correct I have been to the region and I know what its like, Egypt especially is known for its horrible record with womens rights, women get sexually harassed all the time and the guys there just laugh about it and nothing gets done. Why people want to make the US more like those countries is insane.

I've been to Egypt too. The bathrooms in the Hilton, whew!!! Been to Turkey, Lebanon, other Middle Eastern locations as well. Best one - most like America - FEELS like America - ISRAEL! Those people have their shit together! Outstanding country!

I've been to Egypt too. The bathrooms in the Hilton, whew!!! Been to Turkey, Lebanon, other Middle Eastern locations as well. Best one - most like America - FEELS like America - ISRAEL! Those people have their shit together! Outstanding country!

Even countries like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and UAE who have the money to make their quality of life good fail to do so, there are some nice places in those countries but for the most part they are third world shit holes. Israel is the only country in the region with a decent quality of life.

This is my obstacle... perhaps completely transparent to most but an obstacle the same... In those other places, those other countries I see so many other dynamics at work that prevent the most positive things from being recognized in which the sharia law potentially stands for. Yes, agreed, it is up for interpretation and that makes it a bit dangerous considering the track record of it already being 'enforced', but here in America, the land is especially different. Now, be that a good thing or else... It provokes a great deal of consideration from me a mere housewife and mother... Yet a woman the same as many who seem to appose it.

So much of the sharia law does mirror Christianity. Bible scholars from around the world even debate Christianity, does that make it less effective? In the best of ways? From my experience it does not. Perhaps what America could do with the sharia law would make all the difference for the rest of the countries who are enforcing it in the 'worst of ways'.

I just became an american a couple years ago, and I am so so proud to be one. It is not that I am not proud of being Egyptian too, I am, but Egypt that ONCE was a great country, meaning, 5000 years ago.. the time of Phareos. what came after, just didn't mran anything to me.. There is not achievements. I mean UK, France and Israel occupied my country for years, changed a lot of its core, and values. To get occupation out of it is not achievment.. it is like a woman who wears blue contacts, and dye her silky black hair blond, and change her outfit, when she takes all that off and reveal herself, is that consider an achievment? taking what is belong to you, is that an achievement? Too bad this country was once a great one, like Iraq, and Iran and other countries

No but a government that does not understand the spiritual necessities of guidance and direction is also something I'd rather not have.

I do not like erosion of faith that seems to be promoted at this point. It seems important to a people of any nation to know it's government represents some type of faith in a higher power.

That's the antithesis of gubment. Stay outta my religion, I'll stay outta yours. How does that grab ya?

This is my obstacle... perhaps completely transparent to most but an obstacle the same... In those other places, those other countries I see so many other dynamics at work that prevent the most positive things from being recognized in which the sharia law potentially stands for. Yes, agreed, it is up for interpretation and that makes it a bit dangerous considering the track record of it already being 'enforced', but here in America, the land is especially different. Now, be that a good thing or else... It provokes a great deal of consideration from me a mere housewife and mother... Yet a woman the same as many who seem to appose it.

So much of the sharia law does mirror Christianity. Bible scholars from around the world even debate Christianity, does that make it less effective? In the best of ways? From my experience it does not. Perhaps what America could do with the sharia law would make all the difference for the rest of the countries who are enforcing it in the 'worst of ways'.

so, you don't see the amount of violence and killings in their book at any point? is that more effective to you? PLEASE, speak a clear English, so a simple american, or immigrant (whatever you call it) like me can understand

While SH is a horrid thing because so many cannot seem to recover from it's repercussions, there is such a bigger picture here. What is shocking to me is that after the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's being what they were... here in America. The sexual revolution and such... and yet in the 90's the sex crimes were no less! There is most definitely a flaw in the system at some point, and while I do not wish to change 'the system', I would hope more come to better understand just what it is we do to 'ourselves'.

^^ My response regarding issues in the US more so than in Egypt, but is Egypt following suit?

While SH is a horrid thing because so many cannot seem to recover from it's repercussions, there is such a bigger picture here. What is shocking to me is that after the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's being what they were... here in America. The sexual revolution and such... and yet in the 90's the sex crimes were no less! There is most definitely a flaw in the system at some point, and while I do not wish to change 'the system', I would hope more come to better understand just what it is we do to 'ourselves'.

^^ My response regarding issues in the US more so than in Egypt, but is Egypt following suit?

Are you saying that our law here is like Egypt's law when it comes to sex crimes? I am just trying to translate your speech ma'am

Forum List

Back