Americans, Isnt it Time to Bury the Hatchet and Come Together Again?

OK, it has been demonstrated that the GOP can play hard ball too and push things through despite 100% Democrat opposition and some very questionable tactics.

Lets move on and come back together as Americans, can we?

I am suggesting several things need to happen:

1. lets end the gladiatorial polarizing news/'debate' formats ans try to seriously represent the issues with fair minded adults, not bomb throwing partisan ideologues.

2. Trump has his conservative majority on the court that will probably last decades, how about an olive branch to the Democrats and propose nominating Merick Garland if Bader Ruth Ginsburg retires? It still moves the SCOTUS toward a more conservative composition, but also removes a bone of contention, being the ignored Garland nomination?

3. Trump should announce he will give a pardon to everyone who has been prosecuted or might be prosecuted for any crimes during the 2016 election or related to investigations thereof. This might restore some bipartisan spirit of compromise and congeniality and remove the specter of being prosecuted simply because the other side controls the DOJ and executive branch.

I know alot of Democrats and they are patriots too, just poorly led, and much of that shortfall in their leadership is due to the heightened polarization that has been occurring for the last four decades.

Lets bury the hatchet and return to supporting each other for the common national good shall we?

Here you go...4 points to your 3...

Kavanaugh: What Have We Learned?

2. The Democrats have no ideas, no principles, just tactics.

If you were under the misapprehension that the Dems were acting on principle, they were more than happy to shatter that illusion. Over and over, at every turn, they insisted that their treatment of Brett Kavanaugh was no different than what those evil Republicans did to Merrick Garland.

Even if you agree with that — and in order to make the comparison, you would have to quote a single Republican who ever accused Garland of organizing gang rapes — it's pretty stupid to admit that you're trying to destroy an innocent man's life for nothing more than revenge. The Dems wanted payback, and they didn't care how they got it. They didn't stop for one second to consider the ramifications of what they were doing. They were unmoored by principle and heedless of scruple. Attack, attack, attack.

3. Dems are angry, vindictive, and violent.

Republicans are getting death threats, and now they're even getting ricin in the mail. They're being doxed. Dems are screaming at them in elevators and hounding them whenever they go out in public.

All these intimidation tactics are happening barely a year after a Bernie Bro tried to assassinate Republicans at baseball practice and almost murdered Steve Scalise.

The Democrats cheer on this behavior, and the media makes excuses for it. Brett Kavanaugh's anger at being falsely accused is bad, and his opponents' anger at their inability to prove the accusations is good. It's as simple at that, in their minds.
You should open your ears, 2AGuy. It's really sad that even in a thread which is dedicated to "burying the hatchet" you are still swinging it directly at the left.
C'mon. How do we reach you?

Your are foolish person. The GOP is not to blame....the democrats turned the corner when ted kennedy, the man who left a woman to die in a car he drove off a bridge, decided to destroy Judge Bork, and they never looked back.....the violence and hate is coming from the democrats, not republicans....if you want peace, tell the democrats to stop acting like violent asshats when they lose an election.
How do you expect them to settle down when you won't stop insulting them in such an unfair way?

What is unfair? The democrats are a Nazi party who demand that equal protection under the law, the rights of the accused, and the presumption of innocence be destroyed.

Never again.

All that is needed for democrats to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

What I'm saying is, assimilation is futile, you will be resisted.

10nexj.jpg

OK, it has been demonstrated that the GOP can play hard ball too and push things through despite 100% Democrat opposition and some very questionable tactics.

Lets move on and come back together as Americans, can we?

I am suggesting several things need to happen:

1. lets end the gladiatorial polarizing news/'debate' formats ans try to seriously represent the issues with fair minded adults, not bomb throwing partisan ideologues.

2. Trump has his conservative majority on the court that will probably last decades, how about an olive branch to the Democrats and propose nominating Merick Garland if Bader Ruth Ginsburg retires? It still moves the SCOTUS toward a more conservative composition, but also removes a bone of contention, being the ignored Garland nomination?

3. Trump should announce he will give a pardon to everyone who has been prosecuted or might be prosecuted for any crimes during the 2016 election or related to investigations thereof. This might restore some bipartisan spirit of compromise and congeniality and remove the specter of being prosecuted simply because the other side controls the DOJ and executive branch.

I know alot of Democrats and they are patriots too, just poorly led, and much of that shortfall in their leadership is due to the heightened polarization that has been occurring for the last four decades.

Lets bury the hatchet and return to supporting each other for the common national good shall we?

Nope.

We must win more.

A lot more ...then.....and only then we can think about it

Anyone tired of winning yet?

Not me!

Trump specifically cited the example of Syria. The U.S. accepted 12,587 Syrian refugees in fiscal year 2016, and the overwhelming majority of them were Sunni Muslims, according to data from the Refugee Processing Center. (Sunnis tend to support the rebels and oppose President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian civil war.) Just 64 Syrian refugees admitted to the U.S., or about 0.5 percent, were Christians in fiscal year 2016
Did you actually read what I linked to?

You're expecting informed commentary?

I’m an optimist :eusa_angel:

I have no issue with Democrats. I have an issue with Leftists. Just as bad as the Alt Right. Until the media comes clean and admits it, there can be no peace.
You could cram the entire alt-right into a single county and there probably wouldn't be enough of them to elect a dog catcher....OTOH, the moonbat left has become the mainstream democrat voter.
I am certain that the far left is NOT the mainstream Democrat voter, promise.

Oh, but you are quite wrong! Just look at the libtards in the House and Senate, and all of the support they have gotten for their insane views the last few weeks!

Trump specifically cited the example of Syria. The U.S. accepted 12,587 Syrian refugees in fiscal year 2016, and the overwhelming majority of them were Sunni Muslims, according to data from the Refugee Processing Center. (Sunnis tend to support the rebels and oppose President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian civil war.) Just 64 Syrian refugees admitted to the U.S., or about 0.5 percent, were Christians in fiscal year 2016

You're expecting informed commentary?

I’m an optimist :eusa_angel:

A pessimist sees a tunnel.

An optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

A realist sees the tunnel, the light at the end of the tunnel and knows it is an oncoming train!

I QUOTED IT. If YOU read it you'd know that.

Anyone tired of winning yet?

Not me!
OK, I am not tired of winning either, but now I much prefer AMERICA to win, and that requires us to settle our differences with our opposition, no?

Or do you prefer eventual civil war? Because that is where we are going without a legit opposition party any more.

I have no issue with Democrats. I have an issue with Leftists. Just as bad as the Alt Right. Until the media comes clean and admits it, there can be no peace.
You could cram the entire alt-right into a single county and there probably wouldn't be enough of them to elect a dog catcher....OTOH, the moonbat left has become the mainstream democrat voter.
I am certain that the far left is NOT the mainstream Democrat voter, promise.

Oh, but you are quite wrong! Just look at the libtards in the House and Senate, and all of the support they have gotten for their insane views the last few weeks!
All that proves is that Soros can get wack-jobs elected.

Most Democrats are unfamiliar with his record and positions.

The point is you vilified McCain and cheered his death. You called him a traitor and attempted to smear his military record. Now you are suddenly holding him up as an example of good Republicans?

John McCain was a collaborator and traitor whose admiral Daddy got him out of trouble til the day he died.

I QUOTED IT. If YOU read it you'd know that.
If you had read it you would realize your claim about Obama was false.

The point is you vilified McCain and cheered his death. You called him a traitor and attempted to smear his military record. Now you are suddenly holding him up as an example of good Republicans?

John McCain was a collaborator and traitor whose admiral Daddy got him out of trouble til the day he died.
I disagree.

The long list of divisions are what strengthen the nation. If everyone was only a conservative or only a liberal the nation could not survive. No chance.

OK, I am not tired of winning either, but now I much prefer AMERICA to win, and that requires us to settle our differences with our opposition, no?
How exactly do you propose to do that?
Right and left have 180 degree differences in the culture of this country.

I've chosen the vision I have for the country whereas you want to compromise with evil.

How many unborn babies turned into hamburger is acceptable to you?

Why should every minority be granted special rights over whites?

Why should ANYONE be FORCED to violate their conscience in business?

Why should "we" (maybe you don't give a damn) be forced to eliminate our national borders and allow anyone and everyone into our home?

We have CHOICES to make. These are choices most of us ar simply unwilling to compromise on. Show us where the Rat party has compromised on ANYTHING. Its a never-ending battle.

Obama led the country into a divide. Look at the 2016 election. No matter who won, it was going to be more or less a 50-50 split.

Forum List

Back