"Anchor baby" is offensive and hurtful?

It does not say why the term was invented. Only what it means. You claimed it was specifically invented because there was no word for a baby born to illegals.

You are full of shit. The term "anchor" has a clear implication that goes beyond merely saying the child of illegal immigrants. And your link even says so:

The term is generally used as a reference to the supposed role of the child, who automatically qualifies as an American citizen and can later act as a sponsor for other family members.
My link says exactly what i said it means. YOU are parcing words because i made you look foolish.

Fuck off libtard
The word "anchor" has a clear meaning. It is an adjective to describe the mythical role of the child. Anchor baby has a meaning beyond simply "the child of illegal immigrants".
Just stop dumbass.

I pulled from my own brain the actual purpose behind the terms. Upon being challenged I Googled them and PRO ED my point. The fact that my own words do not exactly match is meaningless when the intent or end result is proven.
Unlike you dumbfucks who need a link to wipe your ass I actually absorb what I learn and I poses this crazy ability that is foreign to the left, I can discuss it WITH OUT needing to look up a link first.

PS. You just got pwned by a convict fool

How does a Mexican baby citizen bankrupt Merka and a white baby citizen does not?

It does not say why the term was invented. Only what it means. You claimed it was specifically invented because there was no word for a baby born to illegals.

You are full of shit. The term "anchor" has a clear implication that goes beyond merely saying the child of illegal immigrants. And your link even says so:

The term is generally used as a reference to the supposed role of the child, who automatically qualifies as an American citizen and can later act as a sponsor for other family members.
My link says exactly what i said it means. YOU are parcing words because i made you look foolish.

Fuck off libtard
The word "anchor" has a clear meaning. It is an adjective to describe the mythical role of the child. Anchor baby has a meaning beyond simply "the child of illegal immigrants".

The child clearly has a role.

"very young immigrants who will later sponsor immigration for family members who are still abroad"

Would it honestly hurt you to read, g?

Fuck off libtard
Just stop dumbass.

I pulled from my own brain the actual purpose behind the terms. Upon being challenged I Googled them and PRO ED my point. The fact that my own words do not exactly match is meaningless when the intent or end result is proven.
Unlike you dumbfucks who need a link to wipe your ass I actually absorb what I learn and I poses this crazy ability that is foreign to the left, I can discuss it WITH OUT needing to look up a link first.

You claimed "anchor baby" was invented to label a baby born to illegal immigrants.

It turns out, from your own link, "anchor baby" was invented to describe the imagined role of a baby to make it easier for their parents to stay here.

See, you won't find "anchor" in the description of any other kind of baby. That should have been a big clue for you, convict.

the hell with a WORD folks. this should be ENOUGH to piss EVERYONE off I don't care what Political party you are in.

SNIP:
10 States and Washington, D.C., Issue Driver’s Licenses to Illegal Immigrants
More than 4 million illegal immigrants can benefit from this policy
Tweet
Email

Department of Motor Vehicles headquarters in Sacramento, California, one of 10 states that issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants.

BY: Ali Meyer
August 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Ten states and the District of Columbia now issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants as of the summer of 2015, according to a report from the Pew Charitable Trusts.

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Vermont, and Washington, as well as Washington, D.C,, issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. The states are estimated to have an illegal immigrant population of 4,120,000 combined.

The report says that nearly 37 percent of illegal immigrants live in an area where they may obtain a license.

The decision to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses is made at the state level and debates about issuing licenses often address the impact on public safety, insurance, and accident rates.

For instance, many states reported that applicants had difficulty passing written tests and needed to take them several times before they did so.

Illegal immigrants are undocumented, which raises the specter of fraud; some holders might have used false identities, addresses, or documents to obtain their licenses.

In addition to public safety and fraud issues, there are also higher costs associated with offering these licenses.

“The number of potential applicants affects staffing and facility needs, license processing and issuance, and expected costs and revenue,” states Pew. “The cost of new personnel was the largest anticipated expense.” The report found that California, Illinois, Connecticut, Maryland, Colorado, Nevada, and the District of Columbia created an additional 1,039 positions because of the policy.

“California’s fiscal summary estimated costs of approximately $140 million to $220 million and application fee revenue of approximately $50 million over three years,” states Pew. “The state’s 2014-15 budget allocated $67.4 million to issue licenses to unauthorized immigrants and included a mechanism for increasing funding if the number of applicants proved unexpectedly high.”

ALL of it here:
10 States and Washington, D.C., Issue Driver’s Licenses to Illegal Immigrants

Fuck off libtard

"very young immigrants who will later sponsor immigration for family members who are still abroad"

That is my point. Grampa wanted to pretend "anchor" was an adjective that only meant "born to illegal immigrants", and nothing more.

the hell with a WORD folks. this should be ENOUGH to piss EVERYONE off I don't care what Political party you are in.

You mean to say your are hurt and offended, and we should all be hurt and offended, too? Or are we moving on to the pants shitting phase of the topic?

I'm not clear what driver's licenses have to do with babies.

Fuck off libtard

That is my point. Grampa wanted to pretend "anchor" was an adjective that only meant "born to illegal immigrants", and nothing more.

Okay then. So as I see it the term isn't offensive. If the origins are as innocuous as they seem. In fact, fighting over the origins of the words to deem the measure of offensiveness has only blown a hole in the idea that "anchor baby" is offensive.

Battle won

War lost.

Fuck off libtard
Just stop dumbass.

You claimed "anchor baby" was invented to label a baby born to illegal immigrants.

It turns out, from your own link, "anchor baby" was invented to describe the imagined role of a baby to make it easier for their parents to stay here.

See, you won't find "anchor" in the description of any other kind of baby. That should have been a big clue for you, convict.
You don't know when you've been beaten.

Despite not liking you I consider you an intelligent person. At this point however you are proving my thoughts of you wrong with your ridiculous parcing of words.

You really should just stop. I was right

Fuck off libtard

Okay then. So as I see it the term isn't offensive. If the origins are as innocuous as they seem. In fact, fighting over the origins of the words to deem the measure of offensiveness has only blown a hole in the idea that "anchor baby" is offensive.
"Anchor baby" is intended to trigger an emotional response in nativists. It is a signal which bonds the speaker to the listener.

"They are using their babies to stay here! EEEEEK!"

Lefties are scared of words.

Righties are scared of babies.

Illegals' babies that help contibute to bankrupting our nation. Words (talk, that is), is cheap!
Ah. It's babies and negroes who are destroying our economy.

Of course! It's all starting to make sense now.

"And the Jews. Don't forget the Jews..."

I never mentioned blacks. Planned Parenthood has been doing the best they can to keep their population in check.

Its an invasion not immigration, if Mexico wants to go to war over the term 'anchor baby' they can bring it!
RaHoWa! YEAH! (stomp-stomp-stomp)

Illegals have attacked more US citizens than terrorists did on 911 and we bombed them into submission.
Anchor babies are attacking US citizens? Holy shit! Those are some tough babies. No wonder righties are terrified of them.

2ii72g1.jpg

RAWRRRRR!

Fuck off libtard

Now you're putting words in my mouth. You lost the debate fool.
And of note I believe the term was widely used when Asians and Europeans flew here solely for the purpose of giving birth. But you go ahead and PRETEND it only applies to Mexicans.

Jackass

'"Anchor baby" is offensive and hurtful?'

'Anchor baby' is ignorant and ridiculous, as there is no such thing.

Persons born in the United States are citizens of the United States. Period.

No other classification or designation is warranted or appropriate.

'"Anchor baby" is offensive and hurtful?'

'Anchor baby' is ignorant and ridiculous, as there is no such thing.

Persons born in the United States are citizens of the United States. Period.

No other classification or designation is warranted or appropriate.

If there is no such thing why are the left loons saying it is offensive and hurtful? Are you all trying to make up something that isn't there? LOL

Forum List

Back