Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

There was no double dealing. You believe there was because that’s what you’re told to believe.

You are a tool.
You deny it because Ethan’s what you’re told to believe. You are a scumbag retard and the truth causes you physical pain. Oh well.

Here is the Democrat corruption in the bill. What I have highlighted is the $396 billion Democrat slush fund the dishonest shitheads want to get their hands on before they get kicked out of Congress.

Estimated Budgetary Effects of H.R. 3967, Honoring our PACT Act of 2021​

The bill would
• Increase disability compensation and expand health care services for a larger group of veterans who were exposed to toxic substances or served in certain locations during their military service
• Increase the number of veterans without service-connected disabilities who can receive health care from the Department of Veterans Affairs
• Require several studies and reports on veterans’ toxic exposures during military service
• Establish a new mandatory appropriation to pay for the costs of health care associated with environmental exposures, expenses incidental to the delivery of that health care, disability claims processing, medical research, information technology programs, and other services associated with environmental exposure
• Reclassify of some discretionary spending under current law as direct spending

Estimated budgetary effects would mainly stem from
• Increased disability compensation and increased health care costs for certain veterans
• Operating costs and administrative costs for processing disability compensation claims and implementing the bill’s other provisions
• Reclassifying some discretionary spending under current law as direct spending

Areas of significant uncertainty include
• Estimating the number of veterans affected by the bill and the changes in their disability ratings
• Anticipating the number and prevalence of disabilities presumed to be connected to military service
• Estimating the number of veterans who would receive additional health care
• Anticipating the amount of discretionary spending that would be reclassified as direct spending

I post on topic, bitch. I respond to your gerbil gibberish and boredtoseeya’s, etc. if you’d like to post on topic, give that a try.

Meanwhile, Schumer got exposed. Tough shit, libs. Choke on it. He tried to sleaze something in and it almost worked. But Justice prevailed. Now, the vets can have exactly what was agreed to in the negotiations — unless the Dims reneg.

You pompous assholes have been exposed. I will enjoy your discomfiture. 😎
You enjoy seeing veterans get screwed by Republican Senators and then their fist-bumping over it. And then you go off topic with personal attacks/trolling against your fellow posters.

You deny it because Ethan’s what you’re told to believe. You are a scumbag retard and the truth causes you physical pain. Oh well.
Your truth is what you’ve been told is the truth. You don’t question it. That would be blasphemy.

Here is the Democrat corruption in the bill. What I have highlighted is the $396 billion Democrat slush fund the dishonest shitheads want to get their hands on before they get kicked out of Congress.

Estimated Budgetary Effects of H.R. 3967, Honoring our PACT Act of 2021​

The bill would
• Increase disability compensation and expand health care services for a larger group of veterans who were exposed to toxic substances or served in certain locations during their military service
• Increase the number of veterans without service-connected disabilities who can receive health care from the Department of Veterans Affairs
• Require several studies and reports on veterans’ toxic exposures during military service
• Establish a new mandatory appropriation to pay for the costs of health care associated with environmental exposures, expenses incidental to the delivery of that health care, disability claims processing, medical research, information technology programs, and other services associated with environmental exposure
• Reclassify of some discretionary spending under current law as direct spending

Estimated budgetary effects would mainly stem from
• Increased disability compensation and increased health care costs for certain veterans
• Operating costs and administrative costs for processing disability compensation claims and implementing the bill’s other provisions
• Reclassifying some discretionary spending under current law as direct spending

Areas of significant uncertainty include
• Estimating the number of veterans affected by the bill and the changes in their disability ratings
• Anticipating the number and prevalence of disabilities presumed to be connected to military service
• Estimating the number of veterans who would receive additional health care
• Anticipating the amount of discretionary spending that would be reclassified as direct spending
So.....direct spending is bad to you? Why?

I bet that if the bill passes not one cent will ever reach a veteran. That is just the kind of dishonest assholes these Leftest Democrats are.

Shame on the Democrats for using our veterans as an excuse to get their hands on billions of dollars.

1659388358706.png

What's your opinion of his education?
It’s an excellent education.

I’m not accusing him of being stupid. I’m accusing him of being dishonest.

I wish he were stupid. He’d be less effective at manipulating you fine people.

It’s an excellent education.

I’m not accusing him of being stupid. I’m accusing him of being dishonest.

I wish he were stupid. He’d be less effective at manipulating you fine people.
What's he dishonest about?

So.....direct spending is bad to you? Why?
$396 billion that the fucking Democrats get to do with what they please before they get kicked out of Congress in November. Democrats using the health of our veterans to scam money from the Treasury. Shame!

Why he voted against the act.
Well, from what I understand is Democrats don't want to be accountable for all the money. Of course Democrats and their lapdog media say Republicans hate veterans, which is bullshit.

I posted the bill. I read it. You post it but don’t grasp it.

The problem, you completely dishonest troll twat, is that the Dim negotiatiors made an agreement with the Republican negotiators. Then they tried to double deal. It wasn’t immediately caught. But when it was caught, the process had allowed the GOP to call-out the dishonest Dim chicanery.

The blessed second chance! And now you dishonest dimwits are crying like the pussies you always are.

Honor the agreement. Agree to the amendment to accomplish that. And next time, don’t try that shit again. 😎

And stop being a completely dishonest scumbag troll.
Wow, I mean this thread should have ended hundreds of posts and days ago. Very early, I posted both versions of the bill. But I took it a step further, not only did I copy and paste the changes, I also copied and pasted the applicable portion of what Toomey was talking about.

From the very beginning, the funding was classified as, non-discretionary spending. Republicans didn't complain about that because, quite honestly, that is how almost all funding bills for all health care, the VA, Medicare, Medicaid, are structured. I mean imagine, the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan bill passed under Bush Jr, what if the funding would have been "discretionary", and subject to caps and limits. Dear Medicare Beneficiary, we are sorry to inform you that we have ran out of money and can no longer subsidize your premiums. Instead of paying $35 a month for your drug plan you have to pay $140, and remember, you are locked in until the end of the year. Hell, they would have ran to the Capital and made January 6 look like a damn picnic.

And initially, I was not sure what Toomey's motivation was. First, he is not running for reelection. His term is up at the end of this year. Second, he actually voted to convict Trump on his impeachment charges the second time around. Really comical that the same people that are out to crucify Romney and Cheney now regard Toomey as some kind of hero. But then it hit me. Toomey was picked to be the fall guy. He pays no repercussions if there is backlash, he ain't running again. He was the perfect pick. All the other Republicans keep their hands clean, and all this is really about is payback for Manchin finally agreeing to pass the watered down BBB act without a supermajority. If some Vets die in the process due to lack of access to medical care, then so be it. And make no mistake, there will be deaths.

But what is most insulting about all of this is the presumption of Republicans has to the sheer ignorance of their supporters. I mean right here, in this thread, we have individuals caterwalling about how the spending should be just for the Vets. How Democrats are going to take the money and spend it on something else. The exact opposite is the case here. By classifying the spending as non-discretionary, sometimes called MANDATORY, those dollars are protected. Not only is that spending not subject to caps, pay as you go rules, and the debt limit, they are also protected from some rouge president claiming an emergency and confiscating them.

Look, I don't expect many people to be as politically engaged as I am. Not many people are going to take the time to read pending bills, to intuitively know the Federal budget process, or even to keep up with who is running, who is not running, and who is retiring. But what I do expect is that even the most disengaged voter should know the difference between two words. Discretionary and non-discretionary. Hell, I have some nice dictionaries, but I collect books. Google is your friend. The reality is Republicans actually believe their supporters are too stupid to know the difference. I got to be honest, I would find that so insulting that I would never, ever, vote for a Republican again.

If John Stewart was so passionate about veterans he’d be one.
Pat Toomey is an asshole

The Democrat sonofabitches will use the money for anything they want; abortions, funding Illegal welfare, Environmental Wacko shit, Union payoffs, community organizing, gay and transgender outreach, etc. Hell, maybe even George Floyd will get a national monument out of it.

Forum List

Back