🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

By not reporting the attempted crime they are actuality helping criminals. Now the criminal can just go and strike again.

On accidental shootings...

How Many Accidental Gun Injuries per Year The Volokh ConspiracyThe Volokh Conspiracy

there are about 14,000-19,000 nonfatal injuries stemming from accidental shootings per year in the U.S., though only about 600 people killed in such shootings. As always, keep in mind the limitations of this data, including that some suicides and suicide attempts could be misclassified as accidents.

so again...600 deaths due to accidents vs...at one estimate possibly 2.5 million crimes stopped and lives saved....since the gun grabbers have actual bodies to count they have the easier side of the debate....the people who use their guns to save,lives and stop crime often don't shoot, their weapon and simply drive off their attackers with no injuries....

Maybe you could explain how that works. Someone is attacking me and yet I don't have to discharge my weapon to stop the attack? And no one got hurt from this attack and the subsequent defense that was used? And no one got hurt?

I think people like you are full of shit and haven't been in a violent situation.

And your 2.5 million crimes stopped per year. Bullshit. That's 68,493 crimes stopped per day. Bullshit.
And yet those stopping those supposed crimes don't report them. How convenient eh? And why wouldn't someone who had just stopped a violent criminal NOT report that to the police so the criminal could be arrested?

And gun owners are getting 232,000 guns stolen each year. These go directly into the hands of criminals.

A gun is a drastically more effective weapon

Which is why the old, the weak, the outnumbered, women, the physically handicapped, or those attacked by violent criminals who use weapons of any kind, including guns....need guns to survive these attacks. Criminals pick their victims, they pick the location and they pick the time of attack....often, the victim is isolated and alone vs. multiple armed attackers and a gun is the only thing that will save their lives...

And yet the gun grabbers prefer that those victims simply suffer the attack, the rape, the brutal beating, the robbery or the murder...and hope things turn out all right in the end...and if it doesn't...if the victim suffers physical or psychological trauma, or great injury or death....well...that is just the way the cookie crumbles...and besides...as most gun grabbers will tell you...they and their families have never been victims of violent criminals...so why does anyone need a gun for protection....

gun grabbers think funnny....

You say 232k guns are stolen each year? And your response is not to require proper storage of firearms, but to ban them? lol

I don't recall saying that. I find the idea that we need more guns absurd. More guns will equal more stolen and more accidental shootings.

And gun owners are getting 232,000 guns stolen each year. These go directly into the hands of criminals.

A gun is a drastically more effective weapon

Which is why the old, the weak, the outnumbered, women, the physically handicapped, or those attacked by violent criminals who use weapons of any kind, including guns....need guns to survive these attacks. Criminals pick their victims, they pick the location and they pick the time of attack....often, the victim is isolated and alone vs. multiple armed attackers and a gun is the only thing that will save their lives...

And yet the gun grabbers prefer that those victims simply suffer the attack, the rape, the brutal beating, the robbery or the murder...and hope things turn out all right in the end...and if it doesn't...if the victim suffers physical or psychological trauma, or great injury or death....well...that is just the way the cookie crumbles...and besides...as most gun grabbers will tell you...they and their families have never been victims of violent criminals...so why does anyone need a gun for protection....

gun grabbers think funnny....

You say 232k guns are stolen each year? And your response is not to require proper storage of firearms, but to ban them? lol

By not reporting the attempted crime they are actuality helping criminals. Now the criminal can just go and strike again.

So...you supported Zimmerman then....?

Someone is attacking me and yet I don't have to discharge my weapon to stop the attack?

Yeah, happens all the time...happened to a freind of mine...he cleared his jacket out of the way so he could access his weapon and the two guys left without further incident.

In another case, a classmate in a Filipino martial art was confronted by 5 guys...when they noticed he had a knife in his hand behind his leg they also took off.

No one was shot or stabbed and the situation was deescalated because my friends showed a determination to use a weapon and they didn't want to press the attack.

There are also stories like this on the websites that document gun fight stories...the gun owner draws and points the weapon and the attackers run...no shots fired...

Happens all the time...

How convenient eh? And why wouldn't someone who had just stopped a violent criminal NOT report that to the police so the criminal could be arrested?

Because...oh...I don't know...you might be driving through a state, with your legally permitted weapon, with your permit in your wallet....and when stopped for a traffic violation you do the responsible thing and let the officer know you have a permit and are carrying a weapon...and then you are arrested because you didn't realize the state you drove into has different laws about weapons....and now you are facing a minimum of 3 years in prison...

Yeah...not worth it if no one was shot and no shots were fired...if you get an ass of a cop and an ass of a prosecutor you could end up in jail till you get cleared....lots of money...time in jail...even if you were justified...

Why would I support an armed adult harassing an unarmed minor who committed no crime?

So...you supported Zimmerman then....?

Last edited:
He reported a suspicious person to the police...to make sure he knew where the guy was when police arrived he followed him...right? You would support that...and just because Martin then ambushed him and began pounding his head into the pavement...hmmmm...might make you think twice before you try to help the police too much...

He harassed somebody who belonged there. I don't promote morons playing cop. He wasn't helping police. He caused the death of a minor.

Had somebody tried to rob Zimmerman and then he reported it that is completely different.

He reported a suspicious person to the police...to make sure he knew where the guy was when police arrived he followed him...right? You would support that...and just because Martin then ambushed him and began pounding his head into the pavement...hmmmm...might make you think twice before you try to help the police too much...

Woman Draws Gun on Attacker Who Dragged Her by Ponytail Down Street

A woman in Oregon was able to stop a violent attack by simply producing her legal handgun.

The woman was grabbed from behind by her pnytail and dragged down the street until she could grab her firearm and point it at the suspect, who then fled.

The suspect is described as white, in his late 20s, about 5-foot-8, with a slender build. He had medium-length hair and no facial hair. He was wearing a brown jacket and dark pants.

Anyone who might have seen the suspect or witnessed the attack was asked to call

This is a great example of a defensive gun use in which no shots were fired and no one was hurt.

Robbery victim draws his own gun attackers flee - Times Leader - timesleader.com

WILKES-BARRE — A man walking down Hazle Street early this morning had need to draw on the firearm he carried when two men attempted to rob him at gunpoint.

It was about 1:20 a.m. when the man, whom police have identified only as a white male, was walking on Hazle Street toward Wilkes Barre Boulevard in the area Bank Street, police said.

Two black males confronted him, and one had a gun, he told police.

“What do you got for me?” one man said to the victim.

He told police he grabbed his attacker’s gun with one hand and drew his own firearm. The man does not have a concealed firearms permit, but carries his gun under Pennsylvania’s open carry laws, police said. The robbers fled.

Store manager of cigar shop threatened at knifepoint pulls gun on suspect - Morning Call

The manager of a Bethlehem cigar shop was threatened at knifepoint Thursday night and the suspect fled when the victim pulled out a handgun, according to police.

No one was injured in the incident that happened shortly before 9 p.m. at Cigars International, 535 Main St.

Police said the store manager and victim, Matthew Bzura, pulled out his legally concealed firearm and pointed it at his attacker, who then fled. No gunshots were fired.

Yeah, I'm going to sit here and match you story for story...sorry...the stats are the stats...you don't want to believe them because they dismiss your agenda...

NRA-ILA Clerk frightens robbers with revolver KOMO Seattle Wash. November 24 2013 Seattle Police Blotter Seattle Wash. November 24 2013

Robert Moore was working a shift at the Morning Star Mini Mart in Seattle, Wash. when a pair of masked criminals entered, brandished what appeared to be a gun, and attempted to rob the store. Moore responded by retrieving a revolver and telling the criminals, “I have a bigger one than you do.” Moore’s actions caused the robbers to flee the store to a waiting getaway car. (KOMO, Seattle, Wash. November 24, 2013, Seattle Police Blotter, Seattle, Wash. November 24, 2013)

I don't see where he went to jail for reporting this.

Robbery victim draws his own gun attackers flee - Times Leader - timesleader.com

WILKES-BARRE — A man walking down Hazle Street early this morning had need to draw on the firearm he carried when two men attempted to rob him at gunpoint.

It was about 1:20 a.m. when the man, whom police have identified only as a white male, was walking on Hazle Street toward Wilkes Barre Boulevard in the area Bank Street, police said.

Two black males confronted him, and one had a gun, he told police.

“What do you got for me?” one man said to the victim.

He told police he grabbed his attacker’s gun with one hand and drew his own firearm. The man does not have a concealed firearms permit, but carries his gun under Pennsylvania’s open carry laws, police said. The robbers fled.

If the stats were correct you could do it easily. Seems you cannot however. That should make you and everyone skeptical of these surveys.

Yeah, I'm going to sit here and match you story for story...sorry...the stats are the stats...you don't want to believe them because they dismiss your agenda...

And these are just the stories culled from local new sources...bet you didn't see them in the national news...

NRA-ILA Armed Citizen

September 11, 2014

Homeowner scares off burglars, The Press-Enterprise, Riverside County, Calif. 09/08/14
A man was at home in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. when a group of burglars knocked at the door. When the homeowner didn’t respond, the thieves attempted to break-in through a window. The homeowner responded by firing at one of the criminals, missing, but prompting the burglars to flee.
FULL STORY

September 9, 2014

Homeowner holds intruder at gunpoint until police arrive, The Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Bay, Fla. 09/03/14
Around 4:30 a.m., Joseph Cihak, a homeowner in St. Petersburg, Fla., awakened and went to use the bathroom. While heading to the bathroom, Cihak came upon an intruder armed with a knife. Cihak was armed with a gun at the time and fired at the criminal twice before his gun malfunctioned. Cihak retrieved another gun and captured the unharmed home invader. As Cihak was holding the intruder for police, the criminal attempted to bargain with him. The burglar offered to mow Cihak’s lawn if he was allowed to go free. The ploy didn’t work and now the criminal is facing a charge of armed burglary.
FULL STORY

September 5, 2014

Woman holds home invader for police, The Omaha World-Herald, Omaha, Neb. 09/02/14
Barbara Haley was at home in Omaha, Neb. when she was awakened by her dog barking. Suspicious, Haley retrieved a .45-caliber pistol and went to investigate. Initially, Haley didn’t find anyone in the home and went back to bed. However, another noise roused Haley again, at which point she discovered an intruder in a bedroom closet. Haley ordered the man to stay still and held him at gunpoint in the closet until police arrived. Following the incident, Haley told a local media outlet, “I’m glad I had that gun… And I’m thinking they (burglars) won’t try this again anytime soon.”
FULL STORY

August 29, 2014

Clerk chases off armed robber, WJCL, Savannah, Ga. 08/25/14
Clerk Rick Patel was working at a Shell Food Mart in Claxton, Ga. when a hooded man approached the counter and attempted to rob the store at gunpoint. Patel responded by retrieving a pistol, which then he used to chase the criminal out of the store. Police suspect the hooded man has committed several other armed robberies. Following the incident, Patel told Savannah’s WJCL, “I don’t like to shoot nobody but when it comes to my life I would. And thank God I didn’t get hurt, I didn’t kill him, otherwise I would have regretted but hey, you made the choice, regrets happen.” In recent years, some convenience store clerks have faced discipline following an act of armed self-defense. In a welcome departure from these instances, the owner of Patel’s store told the TV station, “I’m really proud. Whatever he did I’d like if everybody started doing it that way, robbery will be stopped, especially for convenience stores.”
FULL STORY

August 27, 2014

World War II veteran stops armed robber, The Palm Beach Post, Palm Beach, Fla. 08/25/14
89-Year-old Arthur Lewis was working at his store, the Jewelry Exchange, in Palm Beach County, Fla. when a man entered the shop and pretended to need his watch fixed. The man then drew a gun and attempted to rob Lewis. Lewis responded to the threat by grasping the criminal’s firearm and drawing a pistol. After a physical altercation, Lewis shot the robber, which prompted the thief to flee. Police caught up with the robber when his getaway driver sought police assistance for the wounded criminal. The armed robber targeted the wrong person. Lewis is a veteran of World War II, and previously defended himself against an attempted armed robbery in 2010.
FULL STORY

August 26, 2014

Armed citizen halts pair of armed robbers, The Times Leader, Wilkes Barre, Pa. 08/24/14
A man was walking down a street late at night in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. when a pair of armed criminals attempted to rob him. The man responded to the threat by drawing a gun and grabbing the firearm one of the robbers was holding, prompting the thieves to flee.
FULL STORY

August 21, 2014

Resident fights off three home invaders, KRQE, Albuquerque, N.M. 08/20/14
A man was asleep at home in Albuquerque, N.M. when a trio of armed robbers attempted to gain entry to the residence by claiming that they were police. The criminals ultimately broke down the door and got inside the home. The resident responded by retrieving a gun and firing at the home invaders, striking and killing one, and wounding another. The surviving intruders fled the home, but were later captured by police. The surviving home invaders have been charged with the murder of their accomplice. Albequerque Police Department Public Information Officer Tanner Tixier shared some advice for would be intruders with local media outlet KRQE, stating, “What people need to understand is if you join your buddy to go commit a felony and your buddy dies you can be the one who gets charged with murder.”
FULL STORY

August 20, 2014

Neighbors foil carjacker, KTVK, Phoenix, Ariz. 08/15/14
A man approached a woman in her vehicle in Phoenix, Ariz. and asked if he could use her phone. When the woman refused, the man dragged her from the vehicle. A woman who lives nearby noticed the situation and went to investigate. While the neighbor was near the car, the carjacker accelerated, injuring her. The neighbor’s husband responded by firing at the carjacker, striking him. The wounded carjacker fled the scene, but was captured a short time later, after he crashed the stolen vehicle. The carjacker died after being taken to a hospital.
FULL STORY

August 18, 2014

Store employee shoots armed robber, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Milwaukee, Wisc. 08/15/2014
An armed man entered Innovative Optique in Bayside, Wisc. and attempted to rob the store. An employee responded to the threat by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminal, striking and killing him. An investigation revealed that the deceased was convicted of a 2010 armed robbery in which he targeted two people travelling in a car. Innovative Optique experienced another attempted robbery in 2009.
FULL STORY

August 14, 2014

Resident fights off crew of armed robbers, KDFW, Dallas, Texas, 08/08/14
Four men, at least some of whom were armed with guns, broke into an apartment in Garland, Texas. The resident responded by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminals, striking and killing one, and causing the rest to flee. Police suspect the deceased intruder also recently robbed a nearby convenience store.
FULL STORY

August 12, 2014

Woman defends herself from burglar, WTVD, Raleigh, N.C. 08/07/14
Paige Ham was inside her home in Goldsboro, N.C. when she noticed that the lock had been taken off a storage shed in her back yard. Ham retrieved a gun and went to investigate. While she was investigating, a man came out of the shed and moved towards her. Ham responded by shooting the burglar. According to news reports, the thief’s condition is not life-threatening. Additionally, Wayne County Sheriff’s officials have made clear that Ham will not be charged.
FULL STORY

August 8, 2014

80-year-old woman with revolver defends home, WTVT, Tampa Bay, Fla. 08/01/14
80-year-old NJ Logan was recovering from hip surgery at home in Holmes Beach, Fla. when she became aware of an intrusion. Logan responded by retrieving a revolver, calling 9-1-1, and warning the intruder. According to Logan, while on the phone with police, she was told to “put the gun down,” to which she replied, “I’ll put the gun down when I see the police.” The intruder left the home without a direct confrontation. Following the incident, Logan told a local media outlet, “I believe in guns inside your house, because I don't think anybody has the right to break into your private domain. I'll definitely have the gun up there that is for sure.”
FULL STORY

August 7, 2014

Clerk halts robber armed with rifle, WFSB, Connecticut, 08/06/14
A man armed with a rifle entered Congress Mini Mart in New Haven, Conn. and attempted to rob the store. At some point the thief left, then traveled to the nearby Nino’s Market convenience store and attempted to rob it. The clerk at Nino’s responded to the threat by retrieving a gun and shooting the criminal in the chest, killing him. Police have confirmed that the clerk was in compliance with Connecticut’s gun laws. Bizarrely, the clerks at Congress Mini Mart and Nini’s Market are brothers.
FULL STORY

August 5, 2014

Liquor store employee fights off robbers, The Magnolia Reporter, Magnolia, Ark. 08/04/14
Just after closing, a masked man armed with a gun attempted to break through the front door of Lamkin’s Liquor in Stephens, Ark. The man and an accomplice then left the front of the store, prompting the employees on duty to search for them. Eventually, the criminals returned, at which point one of the employees fired one of the robbers. The thieves left the scene without ever getting inside the store.
FULL STORY

July 31, 2014

Gas station clerk wounds armed robber, The Virginian-Pilot, Hampton Roads, Va. 07/30/14
An armed man entered an Exxon station in Chesapeake, Va. and attempted to rob the store. The clerk on duty responded by retrieving a gun and firing at the robber, striking him and causing him to flee. The robber was later captured by police as he sought medical attention at a nearby hospital.
FULL STORY

July 29, 2014

Armed doctor halts hospital shooting, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia, Pa. 07/27/14
A psychiatric patient armed with a revolver and several rounds of ammunition entered Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby, Pa. for a scheduled appointment. The patient then proceeded to fire upon hospital staff, killing one woman and wounding Dr. Lee Silverman. Silverman responded to the rampage by retrieving a pistol and firing at the patient. Three of Silverman’s shot struck the patient which allowed for other hospital employees to detain the killer. Following the incident, Silverman has been hailed as a hero. Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan stated, “If Dr. Silverman did not have the firearm and did not utilize the firearm, he’s be dead today… and other people would be dead.”
FULL STORY

July 25, 2014

Homeowner fights off burglar, WRTV, Indianapolis, Ind. 07/22/14
A man arrived at his Indianapolis home, noticed that the house had been disturbed, and heard a suspicious noise coming from the second floor. The homeowner retrieved a gun, went to investigate, and discovered a burglar. The homeowner shot the criminal, prompting him to flee. Police captured the intruder a short time later.
FULL STORY

July 22, 2014

Store employee uses shotgun to frighten off attacker, MLive.com, Michigan, 07/18/14
An employee of Brother’s Market in Flint, Mich. ordered a man to leave the store after he spotted the man attempting to shoplift. Before the alleged shoplifter left, he threatened to come back to the store and shoot the employee. Roughly two hours later, the man returned to the store and pointed a gun at employees. However, one of the employees responded by retrieving a shotgun, which prompted the criminal to flee. Police caught up with the criminal a short time later. Having been previously convicted of a felony, the man faces federal gun charges.
FULL STORY

July 22, 2014

Armed citizen saves man from attacking pit bulls, TMJ4, Milwaukee, Wisc. 07/21/14
A man was walking his dog in Washington County, Wisc. when a group of three pit bulls got out of their yard and began attacking him. Neighbor Dennis Williams noticed the altercation, retrieved two baseball bats and went to the man’s defense. When the bats weren’t enough to deter the dogs, Williams retrieved a revolver and shot and killed one of the dogs, prompting the others to cease their attack.
FULL STORY

July 18, 2014

Woman halts carjacking, The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Milwaukee, Wisc. 07/12/14
Victoria Davison had just parked her vehicle in Milwaukee, Wisc. when a pair of criminals approached and ordered her to hand over her car keys. Then one of the men said, “Go get the cannon,” which prompted Davison to act. Fearing for her life, Davison, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, retrieved a gun and fired at the criminals, striking one of the robbers. Police eventually captured both of the criminals, whom they believe are linked to other crimes in the area.
FULL STORY

July 17, 2014

Armed good Samaritan comes to the aid of stabbing victim, MyFOXOrlando, Orlando, Fla. 07/16/14, The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Fla. 07/16/14
64-year-old Donald Sacco was waiting at a bus stop in Orlando, Fla. when a man armed with a knife approached, attempted to steal Sacco’s property, and began stabbing him. A passerby in a vehicle spotted the attack, retrieved a gun, and rushed to Sacco’s aid. The armed citizen ordered the criminal to halt his attack and held him at gunpoint until police could arrive. A former paramedic was also on the scene and rushed to help Sacco, who is reportedly in stable condition. Local media are referring to the passersby as “good Samaritans.”
FULL STORY

July 15, 2014

Jewelry store owner defends store and employee, KPIX, San Francisco, Calif. 07/11/14, KTVU, Oakland, Calif. 07/10/14
A pair of masked and armed robbers entered Bennett Valley Jewelry in Santa Rosa, Calif. Once inside, one of them then went behind the counter, assaulted the store’s manager and held her hostage. After becoming aware of the situation, store owner Ty Visscher retrieved a gun and fired at the criminals, striking both and causing one to flee. Police captured remaining robber shortly after the shooting. An investigation revealed the criminal to be a gang member who was paroled less than two weeks before the robbery. Following the incident, local business owner Molly Bray shared her support for Visscher, telling reporters of the jewelry store owner, “He’s such a big, macho, great guy. Very protective and loving to everybody… So I’m sure he wanted to protect his people.”
FULL STORY

June 26, 2014

Motel guest shoots armed robber, The Clarion Ledger, Jackson, Miss. 06/20/14
An armed citizen was outside a Motel 6 in Jackson, Miss. when a man approached and asked for a cigarette. When the armed citizen declined the man, the man drew a gun and stated “Betcha ain’t got one of these.” The armed citizen responded by drawing his own gun and firing at the robber, striking him in the chest and causing him to flee. The criminal was discovered a short time later while seeking medical attention.
FULL STORY

June 24, 2014

Store owner fells robber armed with knife, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia, Pa. 06/23/14
Owner Sharon Doyle was working the counter of Stan’s Health Foods in Philadelphia, Pa. when a knife-wielding man entered the store and broke into the cash register. Doyle, a former police officer, responded to the threat by drawing a gun and firing at the criminal. The thief was struck in the chest, and died a short time later.
FULL STORY

June 20, 2014

Clerk is suspended after defending himself, The Rutland Herald, Rutland, Vt., 06/17/14
Vietnam veteran Don Pitaniello was working clerking at Mac’s Convenience Store in Rutland, Vt. when a masked man armed with a knife entered and demanded the money in the cash register. Pitaniello responded to the threat by drawing a .380-caliber pistol and telling the thief to get out. The robber complied and fled the store. Unfortunately, Pitaniello violated store policy regarding carrying firearms while on duty, and has been suspended as a result. Following the incident, Pitaniello told a local news outlet, “The store has been robbed eight or nine times and I always work nights… I’m a firm believer in having a gun and not needing it rather than the other way around. I can always find a new job.”
FULL STORY

June 19, 2014

Shop owner holds intruder for police, Valley News Live, Fargo, N.D. 06/16/14
Kert and VeAnn Wright where inside their home, which is in the downstairs of a consignment shop they own, when they heard a suspicious noise. Armed with a .22-caliber pistol, Kert went to investigate and happened upon a burglar inside the store. Kert forced the intruder to the floor and held him at gunpoint until police could arrive.
FULL STORY

June 13, 2014

Parents defend daughter during violent home invasion, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Mo. 06/11/14
A teenager was outside her home in St. Louis, Mo. when two armed men came up to her and forced her inside her home at gunpoint. The teenager’s parents were inside the home at the time, and both parents responded by retrieving firearms. The teenager’s father fired at the home invaders, killing one and wounding the other. The injured criminal fled, but was captured by police a short time later. The surviving home invader has been charged with murder, in the death of his accomplice, burglary, and kidnapping.
FULL STORY

June 11, 2014

Resident halts burglary, Mlive, Michigan, 06/05/14
Mark A. Blehm arrived at his home in Gibson Township, Mich., found one of his screen windows broken into and an ATV outside the house. In response, Blehm retrieved a shotgun, positioned himself on the ATV and yelled to the criminal inside his house. After Blehm fired a shot into the air, the intruder eventually left the house. Police captured the intruder outside Blehm’s home shortly thereafter.
FULL STORY

June 6, 2014

22-year-old woman scares off mace-wielding robber, KCCI, Des Moines, Iowa 05/23/14
22-year-old Jessica McDonald, an employee of Discount Textbooks in Fort Dodge, Iowa, had just opened up the store when a man entered and demanded that she hand over the cash in the register. McDonald responded by showing the robber that the register was empty, at which point the man threatened her with mace. Following the threat, McDonald retrieved a handgun from a safe under the counter and pointed it at the criminal, causing him to flee. Store Manager Paul Tigges told a local media outlet that the pistol is kept under the counter for employees to use. In an interview after the incident, McDonald told the media outlet, “It was shocking to me when I started here that there is a gun and I always thought it was over the top and we didn’t need it, but I’m very glad that we have it.”
FULL STORY

June 5, 2014

College student defends housemate from robber, (NBC Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa. 06/04/14, WPVI, Philadelphia, Pa. 06/04/14)
Around 7:00 a.m. a burglar broke into a home inhabited by several college students in Philadelphia, Pa. The intruder got into a struggle with one of the residents, at which point another of the home’s inhabitants retrieved a gun and shot the criminal. Upon being shot, the home invader fled the house, but collapsed nearby. The burglar was taken to a hospital where he is reported to be in stable condition.
FULL STORY

June 2, 2014

Homeowner frightens off armed home invaders, KSL, Salt Lake City, Utah 05/27/14
A pair of men, at least one of whom was armed with a handgun, broke into a home in Salt Lake City, Utah and began threatening those inside. Earlier in the day, the duo threatened the homeowner’s daughter over the phone. The homeowner responded to the break in by retrieving a handgun and confronting the men, causing the intruders to flee. The home invaders were captured by police a short time later. Following the incident, Salt Lake City Police Detective Veronica Montoya told a local media outlet, “I think the two suspects are very lucky they weren’t hurt, because I think most people would agree if somebody comes kicking your door in and is armed and you’re armed – I’m really surprised he didn’t hurt them.”
FULL STORY

May 30, 2014

Veteran kills armed robber, KPRC, Houston, Texas, 05/29/14
A 28-year-old veteran was having lunch at a Quiznos in Houston, Texas when he spotted two men mask themselves and then enter a GameStop. The veteran retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and went to confront the criminals as they exited the store. One of the robbers aimed a firearm at the veteran, prompting the armed citizen to fire. During an exchange of gunfire, one of the robbers was struck and killed, while the other fled the scene. The deceased robber’s accomplice was captured by police a short time later.
FULL STORY

May 29, 2014

Convenience store clerk shoots armed robber, WKBN, Youngstown, Ohio, May 22, 2014
Two men, one of whom was armed with a rifle, entered Sami Quick Stop in Youngstown, Ohio and attempted to rob the store. The clerk on duty retrieved a gun and fired it at the criminals, striking one and causing both to flee. Police captured the robbers a short time later. A local media outlet has reported that the police have called the shooting justified.
FULL STORY

May 23, 2014

Man defends himself against armed robber in parking lot, KPRC, Houston, Texas 05/22/14
While walking through the parking lot of an apartment complex in Houston, Texas a man was confronted by an armed robber who demanded his belongings. The man responded by drawing a gun and shooting the robber twice, causing the thief to flee. Police captured the criminal a short time later at a local hospital.
FULL STORY

May 20, 2014

Donut shop thief shot, The Las Vegas Sun, Las Vegas, Nev. 05/15/14, KVVU, Las Vegas, Nev. 05/16/14
An armed man wearing a bandana entered the Donut Hut in Las Vegas, Nev. and attempted to rob the store and the customers inside. The store’s owner, Sothy Seang, got into an altercation with the criminal, during which he directed his girlfriend to retrieve a gun. The girlfriend complied, and as the robber tried to wrest control of the gun, a shot was fired, striking the thief and causing him to flee. The thief was later captured by police when he sought treatment for his wound. Seang purchased a firearm for his business following an earlier robbery. The criminal’s choice of target was a poor one; in the 1970s Seang fought the Viet Cong while serving with the Cambodian army.
FULL STORY

May 15, 2014

Elderly man fells intruder, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Mo. 05/08/14, KTVI, St. Louis, Mo. 05/08/14
An elderly resident of St. Clair County, Ill. was inside his home when he heard the sound of breaking glass. The homeowner called police, retrieved a pistol and went to investigate. Upon discovering the intruder, the homeowner shot the criminal once. The intruder fled, but collapsed and died in the home’s driveway.
FULL STORY

May 13, 2014

Man uses AR-15 to fight off armed home invader, WRAL, Raleigh, N.C. 05/11/14
Jonathan Haith was asleep at his home in Henderson, N.C. when he awakened to a knock at his door. Haith initially ignored the knock, but when it was followed by a loud bang, he retrieved an AR-15 rifle and went to investigate. As Haith moved through his hallway, he spotted an intruder armed with a gun. The intruder fired at Haith, who responded by shooting the criminal in the stomach. The home invader fled the home, but collapsed nearby. Police captured the wounded intruder, along with an accomplice that was acting as the getaway driver.
FULL STORY

May 12, 2014

Woman fends off violent home invader, KSAZ, Phoenix, Ariz. 05/06/14
A recently widowed woman was home alone in Phoenix, Ariz. when a man broke into her house through a back door. Once inside, the criminal attacked the woman with that may have been a garden tool. The woman responded by retrieving a gun and shooting the home invader, ending the attack. Following the incident, Phoenix Police Spokesman Tommy Thompson told a local news outlet, “"I would say that anytime someone is in your house, they've assaulted you, broken into your house, and assaulted you, you would say she appears to have been in the right at this point.”
FULL STORY

May 9, 2014

Detroit grandmother defends herself from armed attackers, WDIV, Detroit, Mich. 05/06/14
Paris Ainsworth had just arrived at her Detroit, Mich. home after working two shifts, when she spotted two men approach. Ainsworth retrieved a .45 caliber pistol and put it into her pocket. One of the men said to Ainsworth, “Don’t pull it,” and fired at the grandmother, striking her three times. Ainsworth responded by drawing her pistol and firing at the men, striking at least one. The men were captured while seeking medical attention at a local hospital. Ainsworth’s also received medical attention and has been released from the hospital. Following the incident, Ainsworth told a local media outlet, “If I wouldn’t have had my gun I would be dead today.”
FULL STORY

May 7, 2014

Store owner fells armed criminal, robber's accomplice charged with murder, The Monitor, McAllen, Texas 05/02/14
Three armed men entered Duece’s Smoke Shop in Pharr, Texas and attempted to rob the store. An owner responded to the threat by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminals, striking and killing one, and causing the others to flee. Police captured one of the suspects shortly after the shooting and have charged him with murder in the death of his accomplice. Pharr Police chief Ruben Villescas told local media that he does not expect the store owner to be charged.
FULL STORY

Okay Brain357...move the goal post again...

Last edited:
NRA-ILA Armed Citizen

May 6, 2014

Neighbor fells vicious dog, WFMZ, Allentown, Pa. 05/01/14
After a woman arrived home with her pet pit bull in Exeter Township, Pa., she was attacked by the dog as she tried to remove it from her car. The woman’s partner came to her aid, but was also attacked by the dog. One neighbor described the scene to a local news outlet by stating, “The dog would not let [him] go.” Other neighbors came to help the couple. When the dog failed to stop after one neighbor hit it with a metal bar, another neighbor shot the dog, ending the attack. The wounded couple was taken to a local hospital.
FULL STORY

May 1, 2014

Passerby halts purse-snatching, KHOU, Houston, Texas 04/28/14
A mother was in the parking lot of a Family Dollar store in Houston, Texas when a pair of purse snatchers grabbed her bag and dragged the woman, who was still holding the purse, into the middle of the parking lot. A man in the parking lot witnessed the attack, retrieved a handgun, and confronted the criminals, forcing them out of the car and onto the ground. The armed passerby then held the pair at gunpoint until police arrived. Following the incident, a local media outlet interviewed the manager of the Family Dollar store, who said of the armed citizen, “The guy is something else… He’s a hero.”
FULL STORY

April 29, 2014

Citizen kills abductor, The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio 04/27/14
An armed robber in Columbus, Ohio forced Kenneth Owens to hand over his wallet then forced Owens to accompany him by car to an ATM. As Owens was in a vehicle headed to the ATM, he drew a gun and shot his attacker, killing him.
FULL STORY

April 25, 2014

Jewelry store owner fires at armed robber, MLive.com, Michigan, 04/23/14
David Medawar, owner of Paul Medawar Fine Jewelry in Plainfield Township, Mich., was at his store when he spotted a group of four men near the front door. Medawar ordered his employees to a back room, as the armed robbers entered the store. Medawar and his father then armed themselves with handguns and retreated to the back room with the employees. From a surveillance system in the secure room, Medawar spotted one of the thieves approaching. Medawar warned the criminal, “We have a gun. We will shoot you. Leave.” Undeterred, the robber continued into the room, prompting Medawar and his father to open fire. After meeting the armed resistance all of the criminals fled. Medawar purchased firearms for the store following a robbery in 2010. The owner told a local media outlet, “We had taken measures to ensure that would not happen again… We were prepared when they came in, But God also protected us. He was watching over us.”
FULL STORY

April 24, 2014

Clerk fights off armed criminal, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas 04/22/14
An armed robber entered Lisa’s Beer and Wine convenience store in Dallas, Texas and ordered the clerk to hand over some money. The clerk complied by giving roughly $300 to the criminal. The robber then ordered the clerk to get on his knees, as the thief took a pack of cigarettes. The clerk responded to this command by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminal, striking him once in the hand and causing him to flee.
FULL STORY

April 22, 2014

Husband defends wife and home from intruder, KPRC, Houston, Texas, 04/21/14
A husband and wife were asleep at home in Houston, Texas when they were awakened by someone attempting to break in through their front door. The husband responded by retrieving a gun, as his wife called the authorities. When the home invader managed to get into the home through a back door, the husband shot the criminal. The wounded home invader then moved in a way that made the husband believe he was reaching for something, prompting the husband to shoot the intruder again. The home invader later died at a nearby hospital.
FULL STORY

April 18, 2014

Man fells vicious dog, The Daytona Beach News-Journal, Daytona, Fla. 04/15/14
Robert Powell was out walking his dog in DeBary, Fla. when a pit bull leashed outside a home broke free and began to attack his pet. Powell, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, drew a .40 caliber pistol and shot the pit bull, killing it. A report by local law enforcement documented the bite marks on Powell’s dog.
FULL STORY

April 16, 2014

Homeowner shoots burglar, KSBW, Santa Cruz, Calif. 04/14/14, KION, Monterey, Calif. 04/14/14
A homeowner was asleep at home in Salinas, Calif. when he was awakened to a noise coming from outside the home. The homeowner then spotted someone near his garage. After arming himself, the homeowner went to the garage to investigate and found a burglar. The homeowner shot the burglar, who was then transported to a local hospital. According to news outlet KSBW, police told reporters that “it appears the homeowner was protecting life and property and was in his legal right to use deadly force.”
FULL STORY

April 15, 2014

Jewelry store owner fells robber, The San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco, Calif. 04/12/14, The San Jose Mercury News, San Jose, Calif. 04/11/14
A group of masked and armed men entered Hardy Nix Jewelers in Antioch, Calif. and attempted to rob the store. The store’s owner responded by obtaining a gun and exchanging gunfire with the criminals, striking and killing one, and causing the others to flee. One customer was wounded during the incident, but her injuries are described as non-life-threatening.
FULL STORY

April 11, 2014

Knife-wielding robber targets the wrong store, Fox2now, St. Louis, Mo. 04/08/14
A 24-year-old man drove a stolen truck to Cobb’s Grocery in Richwoods, Mo., entered the store, drew a canister of mace and knife, and demanded money. Kenny Cobb was inside the store at the time, and responded to the situation by drawing a gun and firing at the criminal, striking him in the abdomen. The robber fled the scene in the stolen truck, but was captured by police a short time later. The armed robber should have known not to attempt to rob Cobb’s Grocery, as the store proudly displays signs about the Second Amendment and armed self-defense in a front window. A neighbor shared a similar sentiment while speaking with a local news outlet about Ron Cobb, Kenny’s father and owner of the store, stating, “Everybody knows he’s got weapons and that… You don’t rob that man. No one around here, they know better for years, He’s been a retired police officer and firefighter.”
FULL STORY

April 9, 2014

Gun carrying woman halts violent mob, The Detroit News, Detroit, Mich. 04/08/14, WJBK, Detroit, Mich. 04/08/14, WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 04/07/14
Steve Utash was driving in Detroit, Mich. when he accidentally struck a 10-year-old boy with his vehicle. Retired nurse Deborah Hughes was inside her nearby home at the time, and once she became aware of the accident, she retrieved a .38-caliber pistol and went to see if she could help. While she was trying to comfort the injured boy, a mob began to attack Utash, who had stopped and gotten out of his vehicle. As the beating was taking place, Hughes rushed over to the crowd and told the mob, “Don’t kick him anymore, don’t hit him anymore, get back,” halting the attack. Hughes later told a local media outlet, “I had a gun in my pocket, I was ready to do some damage if I had to.” Following the incident, Detroit Police Chief James Craig referred to Hughes as a “Detroit hero.” Hughes made clear to a reporter that she is often armed stating, “You have to carry a gun around here… This neighborhood is terrible. I don’t walk around without my gun.”
FULL STORY

April 8, 2014

Store employee fights off armed robber, WAFB, Baton Rouge, La. 04/06/14
A masked man armed with a gun entered the H & C Food Mart in Lafayette, La., demanded money from an employee, and fired a shot. The employee responded by retrieving a gun and returning fire, which caused the criminal to flee empty-handed.
FULL STORY

April 7, 2014

83-year-old homeowner shoots home invader, WAFF, Huntsville, Ala. 04/05/14
An 83-year-old man was at home in Huntsville, Ala. when there was a knock at his backdoor from a man claiming to need help. When the elderly homeowner did not immediately open the door, the man forced his way inside the home by kicking in the door. The homeowner responded to the threat by retrieving a handgun and shooting the home invader in the chest. Upon being struck, the criminal fled.
FULL STORY

April 4, 2014

Woman scares off fugitive, Access North Georgia, Ga. 04/02/14
A fugitive on the run from the law in Stephens County, Ga. broke into a store and approached a woman inside. The woman responded to the threat by retrieving a handgun and firing it at the wanted man, causing him to flee. Following the encounter with the armed citizen, the fugitive was captured by law enforcement. Stephens County Sheriff Randy Shirley said of the armed woman, “Good job to the brave female who was on her property minding her business.”
FULL STORY

April 1, 2014

Armed homeowner fights off armed home invaders, The Bismarck Tribune, Bismarck, N.D. 03/31/14
Jeff Gegelman was at home in Golden Valley, N.D. when three men in a car drove onto his property, then knocked on his door. Suspicious, Gegelman retrieved a .22-caliber pistol and watched as the men returned to the vehicle, and then as two of the men returned to the house. The pair of men then forced open the door, at which point Gegelman leveled his gun at the intruders and told them, “You came to the wrong house today.” Gegelman and the home invaders exchanged fire, resulting in wounds to both Gegelman and one of the intruders. Following the exchange, the criminals fled, but not before Gegelman was able to record the license plate of the car they were driving. Police captured the wounded home invader a short time later, as he was seeking medical attention. Gegelman has been released from the hospital, and has told a local news outlet that he intends to acquire “a bigger gun and more bullets.”
FULL STORY

March 25, 2014

Armed customer halts syringe-wielding attacker, The Detroit Free Press, Detroit, Mich. 03/25/14
An admitted heroin addict was confronted outside a Home Depot in Roseville, Mich. by two loss prevention officers that suspected him of shoplifting. When the employees tried to apprehend the man, he responded by drawing a syringe from his jacket and slashing at the personnel, striking one of the employees several times. A customer, and Right-to-Carry permit holder, witnessed the incident, drew a gun and ordered the addict to halt his attack. The attacker initially complied, then attempted to flee as police approached, but was captured by law enforcement shortly after. Roseville Police Chief James Berlin told a local new outlet that the Right-to-Carry permit holder will be put up for a citizen’s award.
FULL STORY

March 21, 2014

Clerks fight off armed robber, KTRK, Houston, Texas, 03/15/14
An armed robber entered a Phillips 66 gas station in Houston, Texas and demanded money from the clerks on duty. The clerks responded by retrieving firearms and exchanging gunfire with the criminal. Following an initial shootout, the robber retreated to the rear of the store and started throwing motor oil and windshield wiper fluid all over the store. The standoff between the clerks and gunman lasted for almost an hour, until one of the clerks shot the robber when he came out from behind an aisle. Not yet finished with his crime spree, the wounded criminal then started a fire in the store. Eventually police arrived at the store and captured the criminal. The owner of the store estimated that the robber caused close to $100,000 in damage to the store. Neither clerk was injured during the incident.
FULL STORY

March 20, 2014

Property owner defends himself against dog attack, KOIN, Portland, Ore. 03/18/14
A homeowner in Washington County, Ore. was walking his dog along his property when his neighbor’s Doberman Pinscher approached him and began to attack. The homeowner was carrying a shotgun at the time of the incident, and used it to fell the vicious dog. Following the shooting, Cpl. Nick Markos of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office told a local news outlet, “As a citizen you have the right to protect yourself from injury or harm, even death,... In this situation he carried a shotgun with him because he was working on his property and the dog chased after him, attempted to attack him and he ended up shooting him.”
FULL STORY

March 18, 2014

Pizza delivery driver frightens off armed robber, The Fayetteville Observer, Fayetteville, N.C. 03/14/14
26-year-old pizza delivery driver Ashley Marie Hurd was delivering a pizza in to an address in Fayetteville, N.C. when an armed robber confronted her from behind. The criminal put a gun to Hurd’s head and demanded cash. Hurt responded by drawing her own gun, which prompted the robber to flee.
FULL STORY

March 14, 2014

Indiana lawmakers sign Right-to-Carry legislation
The measure, supported by the National Rifle Association, cleared the Senate on a 38-10 vote. The House followed suit, voting 75-24 and sending the measure to Gov. Mike Pence for consideration.
FULL STORY

March 14, 2014

Michigan: House passes gun records confidentiality bills
The House moved to broaden gun owners' rights Thursday by voting to reaffirm the confidential status of gun records, clarify the definition of "brandishing" a gun and lift a ban on short-barreled rifles.A Republican package of bills passed by a wide margin, with 81-28 being the closest vote. The bills would codify a 1999 Michigan Supreme Court decision that found the disclosure of gun registry records to be "a clearly unwarranted invasion of an individual's privacy."
FULL STORY

March 14, 2014

New Jersey: Gun advocates, foes debate magazine limits
To gun-rights advocates, the legislation at best represented a misguided attempt to stem violence that would only embolden criminals at the expense of law-abiding citizens. At worst, they detected a ruse whose end game was to confiscate all guns.
FULL STORY

February 25, 2014

Right-to-Carry permit holder fells robber, My Fox Detroit, Detroit, Mich. 02/22/14, WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 02/22/14, The Detroit News, 01/31/14
A woman was heading inside after pulling her car into the garage at her Detroit, Mich. home when a man armed with a gun attempted to rob her. In response, the resident, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, drew a gun and shot the attacker, killing him. The shooting marked the third recorded incident in a week in which armed Detroit residents defended themselves from criminal attack. This string of defensive gun uses follows a late-January statement by Detroit Police Chief James Craig, in which the he noted, “I did, in fact, say that good Americans, good Detroiters, if responsible, could get CPLs, and that it could — emphasis on the word ‘could’ — be a deterrent to violent crime. I said that because of my experience in four cities, having seen good Americans and good Detroiters that have CCWs, and what effect it has had on deterring violent crime.”
FULL STORY

February 24, 2014

Armed woman defends family from home invaders, KMOV, St. Louis, Mo. February 21, 2014
A woman and her family were sleeping in the upstairs of their Fenton, Mo. home when the woman awakened to the sound of the front door being opened. The woman retrieved a gun and went to the top of the stairs, where she spotted to intruders. The woman then fired at the criminals, causing them to flee.
FULL STORY

February 20, 2014

Mother uses semi-automatic rifle to protect her children, WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 02/18/14
A mother was at home with her children in Detroit, Mich. when three men, one of whom was armed with a handgun, broke into the house. The mother responded by retrieving a semi-automatic rifle and warning the intruders that she was armed. When the criminals persisted despite the warning, the mother fired at the home invaders. At first, all three intruders retreated outside the home, but the one armed with a pistol decided to try to enter the home again. The criminal’s reentry prompted another round of gunfire from the mother, at which point the armed home invader fled for good. Police captured the trio a short time later.
FULL STORY

February 19, 2014

Armed woman fights off purse snatcher, KATC, Lafayette, La. 02/11/14
A woman was sitting in her parked car in Lafayette, La. when a man approached the vehicle, opened the door, and grabbed her purse. The woman responded by retrieving a gun and ordering the criminal to drop her property, which he did. Police captured the would-be thief, who was held on $10,000 bail.
FULL STORY

February 12, 2014

76-year-old fells stun gun wielding robber, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C. 02/10/14
76-year-old Charles Petit was walking from his Lincolnville, S.C. home to his vehicle parked in the driveway when a 25-year-old criminal armed with a stun gun attacked the elderly homeowner and attempted to rob him. Petit responded by drawing a .38-caliber revolver and shooting the attacker, killing him. Following the incident, Petit was hospitalized for an injury to his face suffered during the altercation. A local business owner who knows Petit described him to a local media outlet as “a prince of a fellow,” and added, “I’m glad to know he wasn’t hurt any worse than he was.”
FULL STORY

February 7, 2014

Mother of two defends family from criminal wielding a machete and shotgun, WOOD, Grand Rapids, Mich. January 31, 2014
A mother of two was upstairs at home with her children in Iona County, Mich. when she heard a suspicious noise coming from the first floor. The woman retrieved a gun, went to the top of the stairs, and spotted a masked criminal armed with a machete and a shotgun through a window next to the home’s front door. The armed homeowner raised the firearm at the criminal, prompting the would-be intruder to retreat from the door. Eventually police arrived on the scene and captured the suspect, following a brief chase. In an interview with a local media outlet following the incident, the armed mother stated, “I honestly think the gun saved my life.”
FULL STORY

February 5, 2014

Chicago homeowner fends off thieves, faces charges for expired FOID, The Chicago Tribune, Chicago, Ill. February 1, 2014
A homeowner was in bed in Chicago, Ill. when he was awakened by his daughter, who alerted him to a suspicious disturbance in a nearby apartment. The homeowner, who relies on crutches, went to investigate, unlocking a door between his home and the apartment which his daughter suspected had been broken into. He then returned to his bedroom to retrieve a firearm. When the homeowner returned to the unlocked door, he encountered two intruders who charged at him. The homeowner responded by firing at the criminals, striking and killing one, and causing the other and a third accomplice to flee the scene. Unfortunately, following the shooting, police discovered that the homeowner failed to fully comply with Illinois’ onerous firearms laws, having let his Firearm Owners Identification card expire. Police charged the homeowner with a misdemeanor.
FULL STORY

February 4, 2014

Restaurant employee halts robbery, Fox Carolina, Greenville, S.C. 02/02/14
A masked and armed robber entered the Wings on the Run restaurant in Greenville, S.C. and demanded money from the store’s owner. Upon witnessing the robbery, employee Antwain Motin retrieved a gun and fired at the robber, striking the criminal and causing him to flee. The thief was captured a short time later after seeking medical attention at a nearby hospital.
FULL STORY

January 29, 2014

Gas station clerk scares off armed robber, WATE, Knoxville, Tenn. 01/27/13
A clerk was working his shift at the convenience store of a Sunoco gas station in Knoxville County, Tenn. when an armed robber entered and demanded cash. The clerk responded by retrieving a gun, which prompted the robber to flee.
FULL STORY

January 23, 2014

63-year-old wounds intruder, The Olympian, Olympia, Wash. 01/21/14
A 63-year-old homeowner and his wife had just returned to their home in Olympia, Wash. when the couple heard suspicious noises coming from the second floor of the house. The homeowner retrieved a handgun, went to investigate, and happened upon an intruder, who attempted to attack him. The homeowner responded by firing at the intruder, striking him in the leg and ending the confrontation. Following the shooting, the criminal was taken to a local hospital where his wounds were described as non-life-threatening. Police have no intent to charge the homeowner, with Thurston County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Clark stating, “The suspect is the one who escalated the incident beyond what initially started.”
FULL STORY

January 15, 2014

Resident halts home invasion, KHOU, Houston, Texas, 01/12/13
A man was at his home in Houston, Texas when an intruder attempted to gain access to the house by using a piece of concrete to smash a front window. When the resident became aware of the attempted intrusion he retrieved a gun and fired at the criminal, striking him in the stomach. When the wounded home invader tried to pursue the resident, the homeowner fired at the criminal a second time, striking him in the hand and ending the intrusion.
FULL STORY

January 14, 2014

Armed Citizen halts carjacking, WTVR, Richmond, Va. 01/11/14
A resident of Henrico County, Va. travelled to a housing complex to look at a car that had been listed for sale. When the resident arrived, he was met by a pair of men who robbed him of his car keys and cash at gunpoint. But before the thieves were able to make off with his car, the resident was able to retrieve a shotgun from his vehicle and force the criminals to flee.
FULL STORY

January 10, 2014

Restaurant employee scares off pair of armed robbers, The San Diego Union Tribune, San Diego, Calif. 01/04/14
A pair of masked and armed men entered the Uncle Tony’s Italian Cuisine restaurant in Vista, Calif. intent on robbing the establishment. An employee spotted the criminals, retrieved a gun and fired at the robbers, striking both and causing them to flee. The criminals were captured later in the evening after seeking medical attention at a nearby hospital.
FULL STORY

January 9, 2014

Grandmother fights off shotgun-wielding robber, The Shreveport Times, Shreveport, La. 01/06/14
63-year-old Elzie Pipkins was at home in Shreveport, La. when an intruder armed with a shotgun forced his way inside the house. Once inside, the intruder ordered Pipkins’ granddaughter to fill a bag with valuables, while Pipkins begged the criminal to leave with the money in her purse. Pipkins eventually led the intruder to a safe where she keeps some change and a handgun. Pipkins opened the safe and offered the change to the intruder, at which point the criminal took a hand off his shotgun, giving Pipkins an opportunity to retrieve the pistol from the safe and fire it at the robber. The home invader was struck once in the chest and fled before collapsing a block away from Pipkins’ home. Following the shooting, Pipkins made clear she did not relish shooting the criminal, stating to a local news outlet, “Just $55 in coins, and he lost his life, Lord Jesus I wish the young people today would just think, go to school, get an education and a good job and buy what you want... Don’t try to take from someone who has worked all their life and still doesn’t have nothing to give.”
FULL STORY

January 2, 2014

90-year-old store owner stops robber, The Dayton Daily News, Ohio, 12/31/13
90-year-old George Hicks was working at the laundromat he owns in Dayton, Ohio when a man came into the store and asked for change for a five dollar bill. With the cash drawer open on the store’s register, the man confronted Hicks and demanded all of the money. Hicks responded by drawing a handgun from his coat pocket, prompting the criminal to flee. When asked about his experience by a local news outlet, Hicks stated, “Why get scared? I’ve got the gun and he’s running… It was just funny.”
FULL STORY

December 18, 2013

Man discovers trio burglarizing his home, wounds one, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta, Ga. 12/16/13
A man was heading to his Dekalb County, Ga. home for lunch when a phone call alerted him to a break-in at his property. When the man arrived home, he went to a back door where he spotted three burglars; prompting him to call 911. While making the call, the three criminals started running towards the homeowner. The homeowner responded by drawing a gun and firing at the burglars, striking one and causing the other two to flee. When police arrived they detained the wounded criminal, whose injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
FULL STORY

December 16, 2013

Resident wounds intruder, Pensacola News Journal, Pensacola, Fla. 12/13/13
A man was at home in West Pensacola, Fla. when he became alerted to an attempt to break into the home’s garage. The resident retrieved a gun, spotted the criminal and fired at him, striking the would-be intruder and causing him to flee. A short time later, the burglar checked himself into a nearby hospital under a fake name and claiming that he had been stabbed. Hospital staff and the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office eventually got to the bottom of the criminals’ ruse, with the burglar admitting to his crime.
FULL STORY

December 13, 2013

Chicago clerk fells armed robber, The Chicago Tribune, Chicago, Ill. 12/11/13
A man armed with a gun entered a cell phone store on Chicago’s South Side and attempted to rob the establishment. The clerk on duty responded to the threat by retrieving a gun and shooting the criminal, killing him. Police have identified the deceased robber as a convict who was paroled earlier in the year. The criminal had been serving time for armed robbery with a firearm.
FULL STORY

Forum List

Back