🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

And without a gun this wouldn't have ended in murder.

This is why people shouldn't be carrying guns. A situation of road rage turns into a killing.

Charges Filed In Road Rage Shooting Death - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson Your Local News Leader
Exactly.

if no one drove cars there would be no road rage.....

Whatever makes you think that this guy wouldn't have had a gun? You think gun laws stop people from getting shot?

There has been 3 actually glad you can't even count.
1. The reason for this thread.
2. Concealed carry guy who accidently shot and killed a woman.
3. Concealed carry guy who accidently shot himself.
Finding more is easy if you want me to keep going.

The list of concealed carry idiots is very long actually.
ISU prof with concealed weapons permit who accidentally shot his foot in class is identified - ISU prof with concealed weapons permit who accidentally shot his foot in class is identified Local

This is why people shouldn't be carrying guns. A situation of road rage turns into a killing.

Charges Filed In Road Rage Shooting Death - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson Your Local News Leader
So, one idiot fucks up and you (another idiot) think that everyone should be stripped of their rights? Fuck off moron.
Two? TWO?? That's a long list for you moron?

Three? THREE??? That's a long list to you moron? More people have been saved from death by gun owners than that. Idiot.

Exactly.

The tough reality about the 2nd Amendment is that the world is a dangerous place, and we have a right to be armed.

\\

No, that is why THAT guy shouldn't have been carrying guns.

Otherwise you could likewise say "That Bear he never misuses HIS weapons, so that's proof that EVERYONE should carry guns"

It's typical statist liberal bed wetter thinking.

So should we have a good mental health check for anyone who wants a concealed carry permit?

This fails as both a post hoc and hasty generalization fallacy.

There's no evidence that carrying a concealed firearm invariably leads to gun violence on the part of the gun owner.

From the article:

Livingston county prosecutor William Vaillencourt explains this is not a case about concealed guns. "Mr. Zale did carry or did possess a concealed pistol license. He presented it to police. But this is not a case about guns or CPL holders. I fully support the right of individuals to keep and possess firearms, but it's when they misuse those weapons that it becomes a problem."

And the suspect is not representative of all who carry a concealed firearm, as millions of Americans go about their daily lives carrying a handgun without incident.

This is a mental health problem, not a 'gun problem,' as well as a problem where in America violence is sanctioned as a legitimate means of conflict resolution.
What would constitute a 'good mental health check'?

What exactly are the criteria to determine 'crazy'?

Indeed, the suspect in the OP case would likely pass a mental health examination, whatever that might be; it wouldn't have prevented this incident. Consequently, absent evidence a 'good mental health check' would have the desired effect of preventing gun violence, requiring such a check would not further a proper legislative end, and would therefore be un-Constitutional.

Otherwise, if one is adjudicated as mentally ill – a danger to himself and others – and afforded ample due process, then he will be disallowed a carry permit.

I'm a law abiding car owner, unless I drive drunk

But you don't buy a car with the dream of killing someone.

And you don't buy a gun with the dream of killing someone.

Sure you do.

There is no other purpose for a handgun then to kill another human being.

Let's see how many times a left wing hack moron can get his ass kicked on this board:
The quote went "dream of killing someone". Got a clue yet idiot? DREAM.

Loser.
Keep yer gun close.

Yellowbelly.

So everyone should have a concealed carry license? I guess you'd like there to be more and more shootings intentional and accidental?
Victim of stray shot visiting before trip to native Iraq www.ajc.com

Really? So what would have happened if this guy didn't have a gun then?
It's like saying the drunk shouldn't have had a car so no one else should either.
Again: this is a post hoc fallacy – there is no objective, documented evidence that carrying a concealed firearm contributes to gun violence, where the citing of anecdotal incidents does not constitute objective, documented evidence.

And the courts have already examined the Constitutionality of measures seeking to disallow the carrying of concealed weapons, and have determined such measures are without merit.

I'm a law abiding car owner, unless I drive drunk

But you don't buy a car with the dream of killing someone.

And you don't buy a gun with the dream of killing someone.

Sure you do.

There is no other purpose for a handgun then to kill another human being.

Incorrect. What you just stated is akin to if I said

"There is no other purpose for buying a stamp, except to mail a letter"

They only problem is millions of people collect stamps with no plans of EVER using them.

Its a good thing that idiot is in jail. Thank God that responsible gun owners aren't going to be punished for this particular moron's actions. In this country, we get punished for committing crimes, not for having the ability to.

Nevertheless, the dead guy still is dead.

And the guy who killed him is being punished accordingly. The law worked.

Does that include reincarnation?

You're why morons shouldn't be allowed to vote. I almost always am armed on the road and haven't shot an asshole yet. If a gun makes you do things, you're the problem, not the gun.

Nevertheless, the guy you shoot dead will be dead.
Hopefully so.

Regardless of any possible guilt, as long as you feel good ...

Nonsense. Everyone who buys a gun dreams of killing someone.

Not at all, Joe Steel. I have owned and used weapons all of my life. I have never dreamed on killing anyone.

Someone explain concealed carry to me.

Wouldn't open carry be much more of a deterrent?
It would, but so does concealed carry. Crime drops when a criminal knows that his intended victim might have a gun.
No it doesn't.

What happens is the criminals are encouraged to arm themselves as well.
Is that why since 1990 the incidents of armed attacks and murders have gone down steadily while the ownership and possession of firearms has gone up? Is that why since more States allow concealed carry and ooen carry that violent crimes have steadily dropped? Is that why when the left claimed more firearms meant shoot outs in the street it didn't happen ANYWHERE?

Without the gun this is just an argument. With the gun it is murder. Like the guy who killed the guy in the theater for texting.

If he had not had a gun, it likely would have ended with a fist fight and everyone would have gone home.

Stupid. Just incredibly stupid.

And those who say they always carry and never kill - that's what he said too.

Right up until he pulled the trigger.

Exactly.

The tough reality about the 2nd Amendment is that the world is a dangerous place, and we have a right to be armed.

Stay on topic.

This discussion has nothing at all to do with the Second Amendment.

Without the gun this is just an argument. With the gun it is murder. Like the guy who killed the guy in the theater for texting.

If he had not had a gun, it likely would have ended with a fist fight and everyone would have gone home.

Stupid. Just incredibly stupid.

And those who say they always carry and never kill - that's what he said too.

Right up until he pulled the trigger.

Did you ask him yourself idiot?

No, you didn't. You're just an idiot.

Forum List

Back