Another Death attributed to Marijuana?

California is passing recreational cannabis. Arizona maybe too. Utah is polling pro-legalization. Oregon, WA and Colorado already have recreational passed. That's going to create a massive western block of freedom. Not to mention Mass, Maine and others. Memphis decriminalized to a mere $50 ticket for possession.

Lol, game over. Accept the inevitable

California is passing recreational cannabis. Arizona maybe too. Utah is polling pro-legalization. Oregon, WA and Colorado already have recreational passed. That's going to create a massive western block of freedom. Not to mention Mass, Maine and others. Memphis decriminalized to a mere $50 ticket for possession.

Until the feds start enforcing the laws again. Then your loser druggie party is over.

Users are losers.

Until the feds start enforcing the laws again. Then your loser druggie party is over.

Users are losers.

The laws have been changed. The Feds have more important things to worry about
The federal laws have not been changed, Focker.

Sounds like you're more of a Federalist than a states rights guy
The federal government can't protect my family from drug addicts like you with the states undermining their efforts. I'm for anyone protecting those I love from you.

There are still dry counties dating back to alcohol prohibition.

The people have spoken. Most Americans do not want resources wasted on busting pot smokers. But for those who still live in a state of paranoia over a certain flower, there will always be safe spaces in America to live.

Well your assessment comes from the same place your pot addiction comes from. I don't drink, nor have I ever had a drink. I have never had so much as a beer.

You have a need for your opponents to be in the same pit of addiction thst you are in. That way you can relate.

A 12 step program will help you.
If marijuana were addictive I, along with my late (PhD) wife, would not have been able to (sadly) decide to just give it up when Reagan's drug war insanity made it illegal again in New York City in 1982 -- after twelve years of decriminalized status. The effect on us both was we missed its euphoric tranquility for awhile and then just forgot about it.

If I were addicted to marijuana I would be in really bad shape after thirty years of abstinence. I'll be damned if I would pay more than $100 for an ounce of the finest purple indica sinsemilla available -- which was the going price for it back in the 60s and 70s when it was decriminalized in New York City. I've heard today's price for that is around $400, which is why it's called "lawyer bud."

Make it legal in New Jersey and I'll start baking my "special" carrot cake again (I'm too old to be smoking anything) -- and I might even invest in a vaporizer.

If marijuana never made anyone sick, why are there so many users in emergency rooms?
The only such examples I've ever heard of are those who attempt to bake or otherwise produce marijuana edibles, which is altering the natural state of the plant and tampering with it's potential effect.

Baking with marijuana is a process which requires knowledge and some practice to get it right. You need to know the potency of the leaf product and how much to use in preparation of the "pot butter" needed for the baking mix. If you use too much, and then eat too much, you can cause all sorts of problems.

I read about a cop who relieved someone of a pound of marijuana (stole it), brought it home and thought he knew how to bake with it. Ended up calling 911 for emergency medical aid. Michigan Cop Busted in Marijuana Brownie Overdose Call to 911 Avoids Charges (AUDIO/VIDEO) - Salem-News.Com

So keep that in mind when working up your fantasies. Cooking with marijuana alters the plants natural chemistry. If illness (or possible death) results from an improper effort the cause is not the marijuana, it's the ignorant tampering with it.

Well your assessment comes from the same place your pot addiction comes from. I don't drink, nor have I ever had a drink. I have never had so much as a beer.

You have a need for your opponents to be in the same pit of addiction thst you are in. That way you can relate.

A 12 step program will help you.
If marijuana were addictive I, along with my late (PhD) wife, would not have been able to (sadly) decide to just give it up when Reagan's drug war insanity made it illegal again in New York City in 1982 -- after twelve years of decriminalized status. The effect on us both was we missed its euphoric tranquility for awhile and then just forgot about it.

If I were addicted to marijuana I would be in really bad shape after thirty years of abstinence. I'll be damned if I would pay more than $100 for an ounce of the finest purple indica sinsemilla available -- which was the going price for it back in the 60s and 70s when it was decriminalized in New York City. I've heard today's price for that is around $400, which is why it's called "lawyer bud."

Make it legal in New Jersey and I'll start baking my "special" carrot cake again (I'm too old to be smoking anything) -- and I might even invest in a vaporizer.
Every time you try to discuss your drug of choice, your addiction comes screaming through. The longing is palpable and that's addiction.

i never knew anyone who got sick from smoking it either.....but tipsy did tell us how she went to a party were the evil stuff was being smoked and "claimed" she got a contact high and her heart started beating so hard they had to rush her to the ER.....outside of that never heard of anyone getting sick from smoking it.....but like you said,im sure it can happen...
And there are people who die from eating one spoonful of peanut butter or being stung by an ordinary bee.

I understand the Colorado state government is reeling from the phenomenal tax revenue it's deriving from legal pot. When the other states realize what they are missing the pressure will be on the Congress to repeal its stupid prohibition -- in spite of the bribes they are getting from the booze industry lobbyists, the pharmaceutical industry lobbyists, the piss-testing industry lobbyists, the law-enforcement industrial complex lobby, et al, to keep it illegal. Because when pot becomes legal every one of those industries will suffer major losses.

Those industries are the reason for the federal anti-pot laws and they are responsible for the Reefer Madness brainwash which has produced such ignorant and demented reasoning as we are seeing right here in this thread.

i never knew anyone who got sick from smoking it either.....but tipsy did tell us how she went to a party were the evil stuff was being smoked and "claimed" she got a contact high and her heart started beating so hard they had to rush her to the ER.....outside of that never heard of anyone getting sick from smoking it.....but like you said,im sure it can happen...
And there are people who die from eating one spoonful of peanut butter or being stung by an ordinary bee.
I do not blame Marijuana for my reaction because of just what you said. After it happened I did a lot of research on the issue and found that it is sometimes that way. I mentioned the incident originally because someone got the idea that I was a user.

Users just need to die, no matter how.

I understand the Colorado state government is reeling from the phenomenal tax revenue it's deriving from legal pot. When the other states realize what they are missing the pressure will be on the Congress to repeal its stupid prohibition -- in spite of the bribes they are getting from the booze industry lobbyists, the pharmaceutical industry lobbyists, the piss-testing industry lobbyists, the law-enforcement industrial complex lobby, et al, to keep it illegal. Because when pot becomes legal every one of those industries will suffer major losses.

Those industries are the reason for the federal anti-pot laws and they are responsible for the Reefer Madness brainwash which has produced such ignorant and demented reasoning as we are seeing right here in this thread.

Cannabinoid medicine is so promising in so many areas that I think big pharma is going to co-opt the medical cannabis industry. If you can't beat em, buy them out.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

^ According to this post there have been other deaths reported previously ^

Here is one I find especially tragic since the people involved were only 19 and 23.
I thought the legal age was agreed to be 25 minimum to accommodate for brain development.
So what business did anyone have giving access to 20 year olds if it has been established this poses danger?

Pot Death Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Officials determined that marijuana intoxication, from cookies, was the chief contributing factor to the man’s death. (Photo: Getty Images)

A teenager in Colorado died after consuming an entire marijuana cookie that contained 6 servings of marijuana’s active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), according to a new report.

The 19-year-old man had received a marijuana cookie from his friend, a 23-year-old who bought the product from a store. The sales clerk instructed the friend to divide the cookie into six pieces, with each piece containing about 10 mg of THC, the recommended serving size established by Colorado authorities.

At first, the 19-year-old followed these instructions, and ate just part of the cookie. But after about 30 to 60 minutes, he didn’t feel any effects, so he ate the rest of the cookie, according to the report, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

Over the next few hours, the man showed erratic speech and hostile behaviors, the report said. About 2.5 hours after he ate the whole cookie, he jumped off a balcony on the fourth floor of his building, and died from trauma from the fall, the report said.

Officials determined that marijuana intoxication was the chief contributing factor to the man’s death, which occurred in March 2014. An autopsy found that the man’s blood levels of THC were above the legal limit for driving a car in Colorado.

“This case illustrates a potential danger associated with recreational edible marijuana use,” the report said. [Where Americans Smoke and Grow Marijuana (Maps)]

In 2012, Colorado legalized the recreational use of marijuana, and stores selling the products opened in 2014.

Marijuana takes longer to have an effect when ingested as opposed to smoked. Peak blood levels of THC occur about 1 to 2 hours after ingestion of marijuana, compared to just 5 to 10 minutes after the drug is smoked.

his family is blaming what was clearly a horrible depression on pot. the bigger problem is a) why wasn't the depression treated? and b) why would anyone think taking a depressant (whether pot or alcohol) would help depression?

blaming this person's death on pot is missing the actual point.

Forum List

Back