Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't change other posters' minds, they are programmed by their parents since birth to hate us. Not all black people, just the ones who hate us for being white. Yes, they have suffered indignities, no, it isnt my fault now nor is it my responsibility. This thread has run it course. Mostly bullshit but that's usually what we find on the Race and Racism threads.

And this s why I say this person is dumb. Who hates whites just because they are white? How are we programmed to hate whites by our parents?

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

So then why is Teflon Theory believed?

• Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Your biggest problem is blaming white people for injustices of the past and thinking all whites lived on streets of gold and had a silver spoon in their mouth as if they profited off you. And every time you post specifics, it is always people that come from old money - the super rich where money is handed down from generation to generation.

The last time I heard of reparations was a case against a tobacco company. Your side lost. I'm not a tobacco company; I never profited off you in any way, shape, fashion, or form.

If you think I owe you a plug nickel, SUE ME. QUITYERBITCHING. Sue or STFU.

Your biggest problem is in your refusal to understand that damages were created by past laws and policies that have not been addressed. Things did not just end and poof! everything is fixed. I d no think all whites lived on streets paved with gold. But I do know that the black community I grew up in had dirt streets until the 1970's, while 2 blocks north where the whites lived in the same community, most of them low to middle income people, they had paved streets with sidewalks. They benefitted from racism.

You see humone we've only been able to compete for 53 years. Whites like you apparently don't even know white history in this country. You got here in 1607. By 1660, 53 years later, you were still a colony dependent on Britain for handouts. So just admit you benefitted from white racism and STFU

I get the distinct feng that they won't be satisfied until the last shovel dirt is thrown over the grave of the list white person on this planet.
Don't worry if we had a black hospital. We would not use whites as guinea pigs in our hospitals. The way whites use blacks as guinea pigs in their hospitals.

We would not fight harder to save a black life in our hospitals. The way whites fight harder to save a white life in there hospitals.

We would under invest your areas. The way whites under invest our areas.

We would not rip up your resumes. The way whites rip up our resumes.

Simply put. Black people could never treat white people. The way white people have treated blacks.

God just didn't make us that way. He just didn't give us that heart.
Many blacks have been programmed, Pavlovian style, to become professional victims. Most people, however, pick themselves up and move on.
If your a black. You are a victim of white supremacy.

To tell my son that if he tries hard enough, he'll be OK, is nice, but unless I warn about the obstacles in his path I'm I'll suiting him for the real world.
Japanese were put into camps during World War II. The current generation has risen above those wartime indignities. We're now past the half century point with people having to sit on the back of the bus. These guys that showed up every day while I neglected my regular work to let them know a little about the real world spend way too much time reading liberal propaganda and coming up with talking points.
And what did the white supremacists do to Japan in WW2 when they weren't the good gooks they always claim they are ?

Trueman nuked them back into the stone age with consecutive bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, killing around half mill at once and many more in the fallout.

So Japan lost thewar and was de-militarized by the Anglo-U.S. government.

Japan is NOT a sovereign nation, it is a COLONY of the U.S

That’s why Japan is one of the only (or the only) “super power” that doesn’t have any nuclear weapons (and It won’t be allowed to have any).

If you look at the nations where possession of nuclear weapons is a “problem” for the U.S. or Israel or NATO, they are always NON-WHITE nations.

North Korea anyone ?

And that’s why Japan cannot force the U.S. to remove its military bases even though it has begged and pleaded many times over the years to ASK (not tell) the U.S. to remove them and the U.S. has the power to refuse to do it.

Japan can’t build anything — even a convenience store — in the U.S. without permission from the government so how can they build or even expand a military presence in Japan without the white supremacists permission?

Because Japan is not just a U.S. colony it is a non-white nation under the system of white supremacy.
IM2, however, went above and beyond what is acceptable. His pity me, I'm a victim mentality.
Try reading IM2 words. Instead of trying to read his mind.

Frankly I am not in the business of writing sob stories to appeal to the pity of whites.

As I have said many times. White supremacists (and many whites in general) have a heart of stone when it comes to black people.

I talk about racism for my own understanding.

No, you misrepresent everybody that don't agree with you and you try to defend a liar that wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the ass.

Your take on history is a little less informed that IM2's so you sound like you may have graduated... third grade?

If you have a case, litigate it in court. But, unless a white person is deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid you said it all with 'Simply put. Black people could never treat white people. The way white people have treated blacks.'

So I will make sure I don't do good things for black people. You deny that whites did. And you claim a difference that is based upon race - clearly and unequivocally forever identifying yourself as a racist.

We can't change other posters' minds, they are programmed by their parents since birth to hate us. Not all black people, just the ones who hate us for being white. Yes, they have suffered indignities, no, it isnt my fault now nor is it my responsibility. This thread has run it course. Mostly bullshit but that's usually what we find on the Race and Racism threads.

And this s why I say this person is dumb. Who hates whites just because they are white? How are we programmed to hate whites by our parents?

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

• American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Your biggest problem is blaming white people for injustices of the past and thinking all whites lived on streets of gold and had a silver spoon in their mouth as if they profited off you. And every time you post specifics, it is always people that come from old money - the super rich where money is handed down from generation to generation.

The last time I heard of reparations was a case against a tobacco company. Your side lost. I'm not a tobacco company; I never profited off you in any way, shape, fashion, or form.

Your biggest problem is in your refusal to understand that damages were created by past laws and policies that have not been addressed. Things did not just end and poof! everything is fixed. I d no think all whites lived on streets paved with gold. But I do know that the black community I grew up in had dirt streets until the 1970's, while 2 blocks north where the whites lived in the same community, most of them low to middle income people, they had paved streets with sidewalks. They benefitted from racism.

You see humone we've only been able to compete for 53 years. Whites like you apparently don't even know white history in this country. You got here in 1607. By 1660, 53 years later, you were still a colony dependent on Britain for handouts. So just admit you benefitted from white racism and STFU

What hypocrisy! You are clueless. I didn't have running water where I lived until the 1980s. Your denial that not all whites benefited off you is the reason you will always be a liar.

I agree except for one small thing.

Many blacks have been programmed, Pavlovian style, to become professional victims. Most people, however, pick themselves up and move on.

Japanese were put into camps during World War II. The current generation has risen above those wartime indignities. We're now past the half century point with people having to sit on the back of the bus. These guys that showed up every day while I neglected my regular work to let them know a little about the real world spend way too much time reading liberal propaganda and coming up with talking points.

IM2, however, went above and beyond what is acceptable. His pity me, I'm a victim mentality coupled with his lies makes him the kind of guy that prevents civil conversations from being possible. I'm not getting into the back and forth of did too, did not kind of arguing.

After this thread, I'm having to look at black people I've known for years and hoping that deep down inside they don't believe half the B.S. that the black extremists spew here.

What lies? Japanese got reparations.

You can't tell me shit about real life. You talk bout a half century removed from overt racism, but we are in here reading pages of racist crap from whites like you very day. You guys have jobs, some of you own businesses. YOU are damaging the minds of young blacks with your lies as a foster parent. Despite the racism we read here every day we are just supposed to ignore all this stated racism and expect that outside of these forums you guys aren't denying people of color opportunities.

There you go again lying. When the first sentence you post is an outright LIE, I stop reading. You're going to have to get better at what you do.

I said America was founded by white people as a Christian nation and citizenship limited to white people.

I did not lie. Japanese did get reparations. And really, the white racist ploy of using Asians in a racial discussion between whites and blacks by whites to try invalidating the reality of white racism against blacks is old. Asians don't like it but whites like you don't think you have to listen to them either. And I said America was founded on racism. Your second sentence supports this.

Well I say that Adam was born in about 5004 B.C. I didn't lie about that. My second sentence? You mean "Most people, however, pick themselves up and move on."

Where, on the Internet, is an Asian living his life to bitch about me and claim I own him / her money every single day? Direct me to this person or I will tell you that you are a PROVEN LIAR.

You paid the japanese. When whites here stop living every day bitching about us let me know.

Whites owe us money. Lots of it. And we ain't shutting up about it.

Until it's paid

Tell that to David Duke. He and other white groups disagree.
If Jewish people are not white then how come so many of them can change there names and easily fit into white society and be accepted as white ?

Woody Allen was born Allan Stewart Konigsberg.
Natalie Portman was born Natalie Hershlag
Kirk Douglas was born Issur Danielovitch
Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman

The list goes on

Basically the only test needed to determine if someone is white in this country, is to have an incident involving a black person, and the white nationalists/social conservatives will say it was a black attacking a white. Every one of those names you mentioned above will be considered white if it helps them further their agenda.

I get the distinct feng that they won't be satisfied until the last shovel dirt is thrown over the grave of the list white person on this planet.
Don't worry if we had a black hospital. We would not use whites as guinea pigs in our hospitals. The way whites use blacks as guinea pigs in their hospitals.

We would not fight harder to save a black life in our hospitals. The way whites fight harder to save a white life in there hospitals.

Simply put. Black people could never treat white people. The way white people have treated blacks.

To tell my son that if he tries hard enough, he'll be OK, is nice, but unless I warn about the obstacles in his path I'm I'll suiting him for the real world.
And what did the white supremacists do to Japan in WW2 when they weren't the good gooks they always claim they are ?

Trueman nuked them back into the stone age with consecutive bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, killing around half mill at once and many more in the fallout.

That’s why Japan is one of the only (or the only) “super power” that doesn’t have any nuclear weapons (and It won’t be allowed to have any).

If you look at the nations where possession of nuclear weapons is a “problem” for the U.S. or Israel or NATO, they are always NON-WHITE nations.

North Korea anyone ?

And that’s why Japan cannot force the U.S. to remove its military bases even though it has begged and pleaded many times over the years to ASK (not tell) the U.S. to remove them and the U.S. has the power to refuse to do it.

Japan can’t build anything — even a convenience store — in the U.S. without permission from the government so how can they build or even expand a military presence in Japan without the white supremacists permission?

Because Japan is not just a U.S. colony it is a non-white nation under the system of white supremacy.
IM2, however, went above and beyond what is acceptable. His pity me, I'm a victim mentality.

Frankly I am not in the business of writing sob stories to appeal to the pity of whites.

As I have said many times. White supremacists (and many whites in general) have a heart of stone when it comes to black people.

No, you misrepresent everybody that don't agree with you and you try to defend a liar that wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the ass.

Your take on history is a little less informed that IM2's so you sound like you may have graduated... third grade?

If you have a case, litigate it in court. But, unless a white person is deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid you said it all with 'Simply put. Black people could never treat white people. The way white people have treated blacks.'

So I will make sure I don't do good things for black people. You deny that whites did. And you claim a difference that is based upon race - clearly and unequivocally forever identifying yourself as a racist.

No, he spoke truth to you and you can't accept it. Essen said nothing racist. You are the liar here.

For example:

What hypocrisy! You are clueless. I didn't have running water where I lived until the 1980s. Your denial that not all whites benefited off you is the reason you will always be a liar.

Sure you didn't. What's next, if I say I was lynched by 5 whites you got lynched by 6 blacks? You're a liar.

Still, they come to this board and say that no white has experienced racism. That is a lie and an insult. An insult to your enemy is of no great loss. Insulting the guy who had your back in a foxhole is not acceptable. And what drives black people to do and say what they are doing on this thread is racism... plain and simple. Whether you think I'm right or wrong, that is my opinion. I've fought to protect and defend that right.
No white person in America has experience institutional racism. There are no laws that give black people more rights than white while simultaneously reducing or restricting the rights of whites.

I should a write program that can auto-respond to these same old tired complaints and save myself some typing.

Last edited:
IN MY OPINION, black people are more racist than whites.
OK. Let's stop right here.

OK. We are so racist. Right ? Then this should be an easy question for you to answer.

Name one thing that black people (as a group) have stopped white people (as a group) from doing that they had a right to do ? For example, denying them the right to work, own a home, live in a certain area, get a just trial, an education, or use any public facility.

And the answer is:

Publicly speak out about how they feel without fear of reprisals.

Wait, I'm letting you off that easy. Black people want to force themselves onto private businesses.
How is publicly speaking about how you feel any different than what we face, whether we're speaking out or not? And his question was WHAT have black people as a race done to prevent white people as a race from doing, not what black people allegedly WANT TO DO.

They demand that private employers hire them, do business with them, and even hire them on an equal basis with other races, regardless of their qualifications.

They demand that private property owners rent to them and lease to them. In short, they have no respect for the concept of private property.
With the exception of "regardless of their qualifications" that is the law now and has been for more than half a century. The fact that you're complaining about legally mandated "equal opportunities for all" while falsely accusing black people of not being qualified for the jobs for which we apply and obtain does indeed make you look like a raging racist.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

For example:

Perhaps you are jealous? I don't know where your anger for whites comes from. I have done nothing to you or any other black person, white person, asian, etc etc. to be talked down to like you do.

North Korea anyone ?

Your resume gets ripped up because you arent qualified, for the most part. If not, why are so many black people employed?

So now you're calling us dogs? I'm not required to move on from a damn thing, I have however acquired a new set of skills that allows me to go back and attempt to resolve issues from the past that remain unresolved.

Some would say acquiring new skills and the accompanying licenses that go with that new skill set IS moving forward. The only ones crying about me not specifically not moving on generally are the ones who thought they had gotten away with their violations.

So you do support Reparations......good to know.

Obviously, the U.S. Government does as well. They have paid reparations to Native Americans, the Japanese and the jews affected by the Holocaust.
The problem with that is all of the above can show damages.
Blacks cannot.
Frankly, many who had grandparents who were slaves are already dead. And just because your great grandparents had a rough time doesn't mean you deserve financial compensation for it.

Say that to the Native Americans you pay each year for things done long after their grandparents have died. You paid Jews for what Germans did to them.

Your argument has no merit.
Native Americans were robbed of their lands and put on reservations.
And what makes you think we paid Jews for what the Nazis did to them?

Because that's what America did.

You can't explain what happened to blacks now ca ya. And don't try the Africans selling each other line. Consider this a fair warning

America isn't Germany, dumbass. We stopped what the Nazis did.
I can explain what happened to blacks, but you can't prove what specifically your great great grandfather went through. Most blacks never had a birth certificate. And can you put a price tag on a few licks from a slave-owner's whip? Nope.
Besides, if you don't like where you live.....you're free to go back to Africa.

Indians can't. Instead they were given a check and shitload of casinos. But at least they can trace back several hundred years. You probably can't.

Your resume gets ripped up because you arent qualified, for the most part. If not, why are so many black people employed?
A few posts ago I was chalking up your answers to naivety then you go and make a statement like the above.

When I was looking for secretarial work, I generally could find something. Secretarial work is deemed an acceptable occupation for blacks by white society, along with work as maids in hotels (not necessarily the housekeeper position though), bell hops, baggage handlers, etc But once I started pursuing a career in IT as a software developer I was effectively shut out of the industry. The one thing that let me know that I wasn't the problem was that I applied for a COBOL developer position with the Palos Verdes school district straight out of college. There were approximately 50 applicants who were called in to take a programming test and the top 10 of the group would get to interview for the position. And it was an open book test.

The problem presented to us I had never encountered before nor had I ever used any of the commands needed to solve the problem. But I had been well training in software development techniques to the point where I was able to figure out how to solve the problem and just used the book to look up the correct commands.

I ranked #8 out of 50 and while I was not hired, taking that test let me know not only that I had received a solid education but showed me how I ranked among my peers. I don't recall any other African Americans there certainly no other African American women but none of this that mattered to any of the companies or individuals I was attempting to convince to hire me as a developer, not a secretary. I ended up breaking into the field by taking a secretarial job and then using my computer skills to automate the office's everyday procedures and make the other secretary's jobs easier for them to do. It was way for me to demonstrate my computer skills and be able to truthfully add some computer related work to my resume. This worked out okay for a while but then I started making some of the other women nervous because they thought I was after their jobs (since I could do both mine and theirs).

I've seen white males who make up most of the industry get paid on the job training while I get grilled in interviews about the 7% of experience that I don't have (and doesn't match the job description) instead of the 93% of experience that I do have. I've had employers who didn't realize I was black think I was the best thing since sliced bread until I actually showed up to meet with them and they just were unable to reconcile the person standing in front of them with what was on my resume. I'll never forget this one guy who interviewed me named Sean. This was in the 90s and I was planning to bring the laptop I had use of to the interview but I couldn't access it so I brought the appI had designed and developed loaded on floppy disks and installed in on one of their computers, demoed my work and then uninstalled and deleted the files from their system. My application had bells and whistles that their job requirements didn't even include.

This guy could have given my agency any reason in the world for why they didn't want to hire me, they could have said I was not a good fit for their company culture or that they had another candidate that they liked better, anything but what he said which was that I was not qualified for their position when I was more than qualified for it. I could tell there was a problem because instead of watching what I was showing him on the computer he cut me off and started asking me stupidly obvious questions about my resume.

There are a lot of things going on in the world that you have no knowledge of but that does not mean that discrimination doesn't still exist. And you just demonstrated what IM2 was talking about. You asked "how many hard working white people have the power to deny you anything" . You stated you would have ripped up IM2's resume allegedly not because he's black but because he's not qualified and you don't like his attitude? That is how they do it and then claim it's because we're not qualified.

So you do support Reparations......good to know.

Obviously, the U.S. Government does as well. They have paid reparations to Native Americans, the Japanese and the jews affected by the Holocaust.
The problem with that is all of the above can show damages.
Blacks cannot.
Frankly, many who had grandparents who were slaves are already dead. And just because your great grandparents had a rough time doesn't mean you deserve financial compensation for it.

Say that to the Native Americans you pay each year for things done long after their grandparents have died. You paid Jews for what Germans did to them.

Native Americans were robbed of their lands and put on reservations.
And what makes you think we paid Jews for what the Nazis did to them?

Because that's what America did.

You can't explain what happened to blacks now ca ya. And don't try the Africans selling each other line. Consider this a fair warning

Hmmm, if you think that you are going to hold whites eternally accused of the past and forever, even though most if not all of what you speak has been remedied or corrected, then you are just out to extort money from the whites in order for your claims to be temporarily satisfied.... You see this game is becoming a generational extortion, otherwise until the new generation of young blacks are raised up with the knowledge of the past, and thus begin their own quest to hold the new generation of whites accountable yet again and again and again. It has to end somewhere.

Maybe there should be this huge event planned, where white leaders/speakers are to speak from the Washington Mall or monument, and officially apologize once and for all for the past slavery issue, and put an end to the situation forever in regards to government being looked at as a target for continued attacks placing it under siege or it being accused of not being sympathetic to any and all accusations whether legit or not in regards to such a thing.

Yes, maybe a one time pay out to one organization that is to be chozen by the black groups involved, for which would represent a one time reperartion pay out that will help the blacks best from that organization (that is chosen by them) to distribute the money wisely.

Heck Obama can drop billions to the Iranians in the dark of night, so why didn't he address this issue in concerns of the black issue in this regard here ??

Everybody has that heart. If history has taught us anything it's that any nation, race, color, culture or creed is capable of despicable evil against his fellow man.

By the way, are you sure you want to play the card of the righteous and gentle race with the black-on-black slaughter in the streets of Chicago and L.A. going on?

For example:

Your disqualification of the white struggle in this country is noted, and makes you appear more and more as a scammer than a legitimate chosen spokesperson for the past struggles and problems of the past.

Don't know where you are from, but where I'm from white people struggled, and worked hard to make ends meet, and yes they worked in the fields, worked in construction, worked in garbage, lived on dirt streets, had no TV, used outhouses, canned their food, grew their food, built their houses by hand, some were educated while many worked and learned from their parents in their homes. You thinking that you have the Patten on hard living is laughable.

Quit begging already.

A few posts ago I was chalking up your answers to naivety then you go and make a statement like the above.

When I was looking for secretarial work, I generally could find something. Secretarial work is deemed an acceptable occupation for blacks by white society, along with work as maids in hotels (not necessarily the housekeeper position though), bell hops, baggage handlers, etc But once I started pursuing a career in IT as a software developer I was effectively shut out of the industry. The one thing that let me know that I wasn't the problem was that I applied for a COBOL developer position with the Palos Verdes school district straight out of college. There were approximately 50 applicants who were called in to take a programming test and the top 10 of the group would get to interview for the position. And it was an open book test.

The problem presented to us I had never encountered before nor had I ever used any of the commands needed to solve the problem. But I had been well training in software development techniques to the point where I was able to figure out how to solve the problem and just used the book to look up the correct commands.

I ranked #8 out of 50 and while I was not hired, taking that test let me know not only that I had received a solid education but showed me how I ranked among my peers. I don't recall any other African Americans there certainly no other African American women but none of this that mattered to any of the companies or individuals I was attempting to convince to hire me as a developer, not a secretary. I ended up breaking into the field by taking a secretarial job and then using my computer skills to automate the office's everyday procedures and make the other secretary's jobs easier for them to do. It was way for me to demonstrate my computer skills and be able to truthfully add some computer related work to my resume. This worked out okay for a while but then I started making some of the other women nervous because they thought I was after their jobs (since I could do both mine and theirs).

I've seen white males who make up most of the industry get paid on the job training while I get grilled in interviews about the 7% of experience that I don't have (and doesn't match the job description) instead of the 93% of experience that I do have. I've had employers who didn't realize I was black think I was the best thing since sliced bread until I actually showed up to meet with them and they just were unable to reconcile the person standing in front of them with what was on my resume. I'll never forget this one guy who interviewed me named Sean. This was in the 90s and I was planning to bring the laptop I had use of to the interview but I couldn't access it so I brought the appI had designed and developed loaded on floppy disks and installed in on one of their computers, demoed my work and then uninstalled and deleted the files from their system. My application had bells and whistles that their job requirements didn't even include.

This guy could have given my agency any reason in the world for why they didn't want to hire me, they could have said I was not a good fit for their company culture or that they had another candidate that they liked better, anything but what he said which was that I was not qualified for their position when I was more than qualified for it. I could tell there was a problem because instead of watching what I was showing him on the computer he cut me off and started asking me stupidly obvious questions about my resume.

There are a lot of things going on in the world that you have no knowledge of but that does not mean that discrimination doesn't still exist. And you just demonstrated what IM2 was talking about. You asked "how many hard working white people have the power to deny you anything" . You stated you would have ripped up IM2's resume allegedly not because he's black but because he's not qualified and you don't like his attitude? That is how they do it and then claim it's because we're not qualified.
I did not say everyone was not qualified. For the most part, in my opinion, resumes get tossed because they arent qualified, regardless of race. and true, how many white people have the power to deny you? that is more of a power thing than a racial issue. Money is power. I have worked with blacks and I did not see where they were any less qualified to do the same job as me. I never said discrimination didn't exist. When I had a job to interview potential employees, I tossed more resumes from whites than blacks, they were not qualified. Again, you are like IM2, looking for racism where it doesnt exist, in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back