🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Are Protestants part of the Catholic Church?

I'm suggesting that's one of modern science's aces in the hole! Catholic Christians' dogma will dictate that they turn to Christian infighting.
I do not understand this at all? . And what is Christian infighting? . Not giving in to Protestant teaching that clashes with Catholic doctrine? What else would one expect?

Hasn't the Catholic church already made many huge concessions to modern science, in order to make believing more palatable to rational members of their flock who can't possibly continue to believe the creation myth over Darwinian evolution?
What huge concessions? FYI, Catholic clergy scientists contributed greatly to the advance of science in many spheres.
The Catholic Church holds no formal teaching or position on evolution. I would guess most practicing Catholics reject evolution, simply because the evidence, including fossil evidence, is glaringly weak.

Haven't the catholics already rejected the notion that their bible is the inerrant word of the god?
The "inerrant" word of God carries varied interpretations. The Catholic Church teaches all Scripture is the inspired word of God. It is the translations of passages where we may differ greatly with Protestants and some rogue theologians.

Fwiw, on the light side, is your god capable of creating an object that is too heavy for him to lift?
Indisputable proof that no supposed god can be omnipotent!
Juvenile postulation. God is as omnipotent to handle any of your clever attempts. But this kind of talk I dare say annoys Him.

I agree w/ the first 2 comments at that site, have not read all of them but the Catholic Church sees baptized Christians who are not Catholic as part of the Church

See said comments, which I am 99.9% sure is what the CC teaches

My first thought was Protestants are not part of the Catholic Church as they don’t listen to what the Pope says. Then I realized many Catholics do not listen to the Pope either.

I do not understand this at all? . And what is Christian infighting? . Not giving in to Protestant teaching that clashes with Catholic doctrine? What else would one expect?
Any of the churches fighting with any other, and including the catholics fighting between different sects.
What huge concessions? FYI, Catholic clergy scientists contributed greatly to the advance of science in many spheres.
The Catholic Church holds no formal teaching or position on evolution. I would guess most practicing Catholics reject evolution, simply because the evidence, including fossil evidence, is glaringly weak.
Not the low intelligence flock, the highly educated church leaders who have come to accept evolution over the creation myth. The fossil record is glaringly weak?? If that's what you think then you could be a 6000 year old earth believer too, and makes you not worth any more of my time.
The "inerrant" word of God carries varied interpretations. The Catholic Church teaches all Scripture is the inspired word of God. It is the translations of passages where we may differ greatly with Protestants and some rogue theologians.

Juvenile postulation. God is as omnipotent to handle any of your clever attempts. But this kind of talk I dare say annoys Him.

And I dare say that you can't assume that your god could get annoyed if he's inerrant. You can't attribute human weaknesses to your supposedly omnipotent god. That just gets you into more difficulties.

It certainly annoys His creatures, which is to say it does annoy Him

Jesus, who is God, said tht whatever one does to the least of His people, one does to HIM.. Mt 25:31

It certainly annoys His creatures, which is to say it does annoy Him

Jesus, who is God, said tht whatever one does to the least of His people, one does to HIM.. Mt 25:31
Can your god create a rock that's too heavy for him to lift?
I told you to not equate human weaknesses to your omnipotent god!

On further consideration of OP topic, I conclude that the Protestaants are really not part of the Church in any kind of substantial way.. not at all. Truth and error cannot co-exist, especially in matters as important as.. Jesus Christ's commandments.. where we will spend Eternity

Compromising your beliefs to suit the world is the opposite of what you are suppose to do. If God was the same yesterday, then He is the same today and will be the same tomorrow. Christ warned the angel of the Church of Pergamos about them catering to the world. He chastised them for it.
Did John the Baptist compromise his beliefs when he was in Herod's dungeon for fear of alienating Herod? You stand your ground even if it means losing your head.
Any church that has stood its ground completely has been relegated to the standing of a cult.
I could also argue that any church that doesn't accept Darwinian evolution, can be labelled as a cult.
Modern science is closer to finding God than ever before. At least they have finally found the dimensions God told us about, way back in Genesis.
Genesis isn't considered to have anything to do with the facts. It's been discarded out of necessity.
Deism, which rejects the Christian bible, isn't debated by modern science. That's not what scientists do.

If deist create some new perception of a god, science will either ignore it or reject it on the basis of it not being backed by any proof or evidence. Science doesn't accept anything based on faith.
Science doesn't know it yet, but, dimensions can be stretched, rolled up, burnt up, ripped... But they'll figure it out sooner or later.
Yes, science will gain more knowledge and be able to furnish more answers. None of that will be consistent with the bible's nonsense or it's teaching of the supernatural. None of the bibles have anything to offer to modern science.
It's God's Science, God's Physics. He used both to create. And once in a while man will figure a little part of it out.

The Catholic Church has been challenged more than once. Luther made a point of it...
The bibles have nothing to offer to science. Have the bibles ever offered any truths to science? Or has science consistently and repeatedly proven the bibles to be wrong?

On further consideration of OP topic, I conclude that the Protestaants are really not part of the Church in any kind of substantial way.. not at all. Truth and error cannot co-exist, especially in matters as important as.. Jesus Christ's commandments.. where we will spend Eternity
There's progress in your dogmatic declaration against all churches other than one of the catholic sects/cults.

One of them has to be a cult.

Any church that has stood its ground completely has been relegated to the standing of a cult.
I could also argue that any church that doesn't accept Darwinian evolution, can be labelled as a cult.

Genesis isn't considered to have anything to do with the facts. It's been discarded out of necessity.
Deism, which rejects the Christian bible, isn't debated by modern science. That's not what scientists do.

If deist create some new perception of a god, science will either ignore it or reject it on the basis of it not being backed by any proof or evidence. Science doesn't accept anything based on faith.

Yes, science will gain more knowledge and be able to furnish more answers. None of that will be consistent with the bible's nonsense or it's teaching of the supernatural. None of the bibles have anything to offer to modern science.

The bibles have nothing to offer to science. Have the bibles ever offered any truths to science? Or has science consistently and repeatedly proven the bibles to be wrong?
lol. Maimonides begs to differ. He knew from Genesis all about dimensions 8 centuries before Hawking realized the truth...
No human is capable of relegating anything to do with Jesus. Christ's bride remains intact.

lol. Maimonides begs to differ. He knew from Genesis all about dimensions 8 centuries before Hawking realized the truth...
No human is capable of relegating anything to do with Jesus. Christ's bride remains intact.
You're welcome to take the discussion to another level by quoting Rambam.
Do so precisely and honestly or I'll ignore the dishonesty you try to introduce.

My first thought was Protestants are not part of the Catholic Church as they don’t listen to what the Pope says. Then I realized many Catholics do not listen to the Pope either.
Well, at NO Watch, someone said that Protestants are not part of the CC anyway.. and I tend to trust them at this point. I think that was one of the Vatican II teachings

I hate Vatican II.

Then there is Lefebvre who defied that Council and said that truth and error cannot peacefully co-exist or words to that effect.

I have found from experience that is so.

Catholics and Protestants attempting to talk to one another appears to be like oil and water.

You'll ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative, Don.
Science is all through the Bible and science continues to prove it. Anyone who read that Christ appeared in a room out of nowhere, knew there were more than 4 dimensions. Hawking's bias cause him to overlook that fact until he realized it was indeed possible, because of, you know, science...

Well, at NO Watch, someone said that Protestants are not part of the CC anyway.. and I tend to trust them at this point. I think that was one of the Vatican II teachings

I hate Vatican II.

Then there is Lefebvre who defied that Council and said that truth and error cannot peacefully co-exist or words to that effect.

I have found from experience that is so.

Catholics and Protestants attempting to talk to one another appears to be like oil and water.
If you leave doctrine out of it and listen to the words that came out of Jesus' mouth, there should be total agreement among us:

1 John 3:11“For this is the message you have heard from the beginning: we should love one another”.

Agree?

If you leave doctrine out of it and listen to the words that came out of Jesus' mouth, there should be total agreement among us:

1 John 3:11“For this is the message you have heard from the beginning: we should love one another”.

Agree?
well, this post is an improvement on past ones but

as to your point here: Maybe I am just super talented or something but I feel I can walk and chew gum at the same time (doctrine.. concern for the Church PLUS listening to Jesus)

well, this post is an improvement on past ones but

as to your point here: Maybe I am just super talented or something but I feel I can walk and chew gum at the same time (doctrine.. concern for the Church PLUS listening to Jesus)
And if your church tell you something contrary to what Christ says who wins the day?
I don't think I would use talented to describe your understanding of the Word...
Catholic Chruch says, "purgatory". Paul says, "straight up." What do you say?

Cute, but definitely coming from man and not God. It's not Biblical. John's church was the desert...
John who? I have always had trouble with russian novels----the NAMES
are confusing. -----then there is the NT----SO MANY JOHNS ---no wonder
"john" came to be used as an alternate word for the---uhm.....toilet

Forum List

Back