Are Republicans losing it?

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

WASHINGTON — Embattled New York Republican Rep. Michael Grimm threatened to "break" a NY1 reporter and throw him off a balcony after President Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday night.

The confrontation occurred on Capitol Hill when reporter Michael Scotto followed up questions about the President's speech by pressing the congressman on a federal investigation into his fund-raising.

RELATED: VIDEO SURFACES OF REP. GRIMM PRAISING BIGTIME DONOR RABBI

“Congressman Michael Grimm does not want to talk about some of the allegations concerning his campaign finances ... but as you saw he refused to talk about that,” Scotto said as Grimm began to walk away.

Hearing Scotto’s comment, Grimm turned and walked toward the NY1 reporter.

"Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this f-----g balcony,” Grimm said, according to the cable news channel.

“Why, why, I just wanted to ask you?” Scotto responded.

RELATED: FBI PROBE INTO REP. MICHAEL GRIMM'S CAMPAIGN FINANCES TIED TO ISRAELI INVESTIGATION INTO RABBI

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations - NY Daily News

My God man, get hold of yourself, psycho...

Jon Stewart is going to have a field day with this.

I can't really hear the audio, but it's something like "you're not man enough…"

In case mods want to combine them, I just posted this story in the Congress forum.

This guy is under investigation ... Just another dirty politician.

I'd have repped this if I were able.

I appreciate the fact that Luddly simply described the guy as "Just another dirty politician." Because that's exactly what he is. I don't care about the (D) or the (R). Crooked, dirty, stupid, both sides have them and it comes to a point where party affiliation doesn't matter. They're bad for everyone, it's not just their party upon whom they reflect poorly, but the entire Congress as well.

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

WASHINGTON — Embattled New York Republican Rep. Michael Grimm threatened to "break" a NY1 reporter and throw him off a balcony after President Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday night.

The confrontation occurred on Capitol Hill when reporter Michael Scotto followed up questions about the President's speech by pressing the congressman on a federal investigation into his fund-raising.

“Congressman Michael Grimm does not want to talk about some of the allegations concerning his campaign finances ... but as you saw he refused to talk about that,” Scotto said as Grimm began to walk away.

"Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this f-----g balcony,” Grimm said, according to the cable news channel.

RELATED: FBI PROBE INTO REP. MICHAEL GRIMM'S CAMPAIGN FINANCES TIED TO ISRAELI INVESTIGATION INTO RABBI

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations - NY Daily News

Jon Stewart is going to have a field day with this.

I can't really hear the audio, but it's something like "you're not man enough…"

Yeah, I'm watching my Daily Show recording from last night. He's so funny. He said he would throw him off the balcony but he's not man enough, he'll just break him in half like a little boy.

In case mods want to combine them, I just posted this story in the Congress forum.

I appreciate the fact that Luddly simply described the guy as "Just another dirty politician." Because that's exactly what he is. I don't care about the (D) or the (R). Crooked, dirty, stupid, both sides have them and it comes to a point where party affiliation doesn't matter. They're bad for everyone, it's not just their party upon whom they reflect poorly, but the entire Congress as well.

That came out from luddy because he's a Republican...you think this guy was Democrat they'd be all up in arms?

the two faced of the left

That was the most exciting part about last night.

I don't blame you for posting about it. You liberals have to do everything you can to not talk about your inept leader.

:lol: He was threatening to throw the poor guy off the balcony?

I posted a lot about Obama's great SOTU, btw. Loved it.

He showed a lot of restraint.

What was different about this SOTU address than the previous four?

Sounded like the same old lies to me.

I don't blame you for posting about it. You liberals have to do everything you can to not talk about your inept leader.

He's finally committed to moving ahead whether the House works with him or not. I think he's been way too cooperative with them, time to move along and try to get something positive done for the country.

We're so good we can post about multiple things at once. I'm sure this guy embarrassed you, Steph but it had to be said. :cuckoo:

Well I'm more embarrassed by this man you all put in as President..But hey, you all have to deflect off that almost 60% of the people are embarrassed of him too

so carry on with your FAUX OUTRAGE...

grrrrrr

This is the right's response to everything they do -

Blame the president.

How about Repubs and rw's take responsibility for their actions and their words? Have the courage to respond to this politician's threats to do bodily harm in response to a question.
Who is blaming the president for this guy's behavior? No one. You made that up. Quit putting words in people's mouths, you lamebrain.

He's finally committed to moving ahead whether the House works with him or not. I think he's been way too cooperative with them, time to move along and try to get something positive done for the country.

If you like that model North Korea would be happy to have you.

I heard him say that but there is one little problem.....it's called the Constitution.

Now I understand how much you liberals hate the Constitution but the fact is Obama's power is limited.

You see the game folks, it's one guy who is Republican but the title accuse the whole party

same ole same dishonesty

That came out from luddy because he's a Republican...you think this guy was Democrat they'd be all up in arms?

the two faced of the left

Yeah right, if it were a Democrat it would hit the echo-chamber with lighting speed.

Divert, dodge and deflect to Obama when one of your own is in deep kimchee. You can't defend this asshole, can you?

there is nothing to defend. The guy is a jerk and he will suffer the consequences of his actions. Much like many before him from both sides of the aisle.

I don't look at him as one of my own just as you shouldn't look at Weiner as one of your own. They are individuals who up to a certain point exuded a personality that was acceptable by the party and the electorate. Then the truth came out and Weiner is no longer a viable politician and no doubt Grimm will be deemed the same.

I laugh at those that try to paint a broad brush based on the actions of a few.

I mean, based on your attitude, all should view Obama as no different than Weiner. After all, politically, they are of the same ilk.

Its absurd.

But continue...have fun with it.

Completely ignoring the fact that our government was designed to avoid an "agenda" being pushed through unless the electorate opted for such....by voting in majorities of one party into both houses.

You may like it now.....but how will you like it when the tables are turned?

I know....you don't care about that.

Live for today.....don't think about tomorrow. I get it.

Another Republican bully under FBI probe. GOP is falling apart.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En3K8kzr6yg]Rep. Grimm Threatens NY1 Reporter Following State of the Union - YouTube[/ame]

No, they're actually gaining and will more than likely control the senate and the house in november. Of course that says nothing substantially.

Of course you did... being a fan of mindless drivel and all that.

Just another speech full of blame and deflection from Obumbler's own ineptitude... and sheeple such as yourself lap it up.

In Grimm's defense the did apologize to the reporter.
That was the right thing to do.
The man made a mistake and owned up to, there is something to be said about that for him.
"I apologized. I called (the reporter) Michael Scotto up. He was very gracious in accepting my apology. We're going to have lunch sometime next week and make sure this is all behind us," Grimm told reporters in Washington.

N.Y. congressman apologizes after threatening to throw reporter off balcony ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Last edited:

Of course you did... being a fan of mindless drivel and all that.

Just another speech full of blame and deflection from Obumbler's own ineptitude... and sheeple such as yourself lap it up.

Sheeple? Well, sheeple like you line up to criticize every word he says. Stupid word.

Forum List

Back