Are there any left leaning or liberal mods?

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

All you have to do is ask yourself this, do I see people being banned? Then ask yourself this, on the rare occasion that someone is being banned, is it because they are being a douche? The job of a mod isn't to use their "power" to clean the board of people they don't like. It's to keep the board clean of spam, trolls and to sweep up when needed. If you have evidence that the current crop is doing otherwise, pony up. I think those who have abused their power are no longer mods. I could be wrong.

From what I see on this board you have to be a MAJOR DOUCHE to get banned.

that is what admins and mods would like you to think...now isnt it...just like there are no lefties willing to be mods..and apparently no women

All you have to do is ask yourself this, do I see people being banned? Then ask yourself this, on the rare occasion that someone is being banned, is it because they are being a douche? The job of a mod isn't to use their "power" to clean the board of people they don't like. It's to keep the board clean of spam, trolls and to sweep up when needed. If you have evidence that the current crop is doing otherwise, pony up. I think those who have abused their power are no longer mods. I could be wrong.

that is what admins and mods would like you to think...now isnt it...just like there are no lefties willing to be mods..and apparently no women

I still think you'd be a great mod, Bones. When I look at who they passed up to bring the last three on board, I have NO IDEA what was going on in their minds.

And since there are currently two admins and two mods on site, I can't help wondering why this thread is still running.

Is there any women? hmmmmmm

Yes. The complaint is that at least three of most recent appointments ARE trolls. It's like the inmates are running the asylum.

I wonder how long I'll be on sabbatical. I'll just say right now - I'll miss you guys.

By the way:

And when you report it, they bring on an admin to point and laugh along with them? Fuck that shit.

Really? One man's troll is another man's thoughtful poster. There are trolls and then there are perceived trolls. I'm sure many of the people you agree with, thank and rep are on my troll list and vice versa. The question is, are any of the mods you percvieve as trolls abusing their job of mod and harrassing people they politically disagree with? Examples?

Sure, just one second.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/221436-hypocrisy.html

My post that says 'reported' is the one Trajan dinged.

And? Are you banned? As far as I know, when mods are acting as posters and not in mod capacity, they are allowed to neg rep. If you think mods should have their rep removed and should not be able to rep, take it to the admins. It's their board.

I still think you'd be a great mod, Bones. When I look at who they passed up to bring the last three on board, I have NO IDEA what was going on in their minds.

And since there are currently two admins and two mods on site, I can't help wondering why this thread is still running.

When I hitch a ride in someone else's car, I don't complain about the music they listen to.

Really? One man's troll is another man's thoughtful poster. There are trolls and then there are perceived trolls. I'm sure many of the people you agree with, thank and rep are on my troll list and vice versa. The question is, are any of the mods you percvieve as trolls abusing their job of mod and harrassing people they politically disagree with? Examples?

Sure, just one second.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/221436-hypocrisy.html

My post that says 'reported' is the one Trajan dinged.

And? Are you banned? As far as I know, when mods are acting as posters and not in mod capacity, they are allowed to neg rep. If you think mods should have their rep removed and should not be able to rep, take it to the admins. It's their board.

Did you see me post the rules? If they aren't going to enforce the rules, they should change the rules. And on page one of this thread, I SAID "So of the last three mods, all three are trolls - yeah, I'll take the hits too - who lean hard right. But that was an admin decision, long may they wave."

I have been banned, but I deserved it. :lol:

I think I have actually been banned twice???
Some folks say I was banned at one time, but I never noticed any banning, any infraction, and no one from staff could confirm that I had ever been banned.

So, that is a total mystery to me. :lmao:

When I hitch a ride in someone else's car, I don't complain about the music they listen to.

I call this board home. I'm not some bum they picked up off the side of the road. The members here pay the bills.

So, maybe this thread can get steered toward picking a possible female liberal mod? An opening is bound to occur sooner or later.

What sort of qualities should they have?

It should run...nobody has been disrespectful and ugly to the staff here. Everyones voicing their opinions and while it may not be that nice to read :) it's fine. This is your forum. If everyone was praising us we'd leave it open right? Well the same goes with the negative. Fair is fair :)

I sent you a pm btw :)

If I was a mod I would delete all the racist fuckers accounts, so I guess I would be a terrible mod.

Well that would solve the problem with Pale being a mod. :D

I dont mind right wingers being mods, I just think picking someone who is so polarized is a mistake.

Forum List

Back