Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

1659918033699.png

Sorry, I disagree. Changing from the original in any shape or form is the same thing regardless of how you choose to justify it. That is the gist of what you have been posting regarding this AND Little Orphan Annie.

Btw, explaining my disagree, The Little Mermaid was a whole different story from the book and the totally recreated the story so it's not like keeping the same story but changing details of it. That's like the Wiz in this situation. (I think it's spelled like that and I accidentally added the h before.)

Btw, explaining my disagree, The Little Mermaid was a whole different story from the book and the totally recreated the story so it's not like keeping the same story but changing details of it. That's like the Wiz in this situation. (I think it's spelled like that and I accidentally added the h before.)
That same logic holds for Annie.

Hans Christian Andersen, who wrote "The Little Mermaid", was Danish and lived from 1805 to 1875. I'm betting that all the mermaids in Denmark in the seventeenth century were blonde and blue eyed.

But hey, historic perspective is not important any more, right?
Hey, I think Winco must have dirtied his drawers when he looked up the definition of slander. He seems to have chosen to hide out. LMAO

That same logic holds for Annie.

Nope it doesn't. Well it might actually for the 2014 Annie, I never saw that because it looked so stupid but it seems like they changed a lot,.. I don't believe Annie Live changed a thing except for Annie's hair and skin color.

If you want our "former white world" where there is no WOKE BS then you need to watch Andy Griffith show and I often do when I get overwhelmed at the WOKE BS that Liberals have allowed to stink up this country like a overflowing cess-pool sewer.

So if black people want similar storylines to Annie and want more acting work why don't they just start making their own stories? I don't think it's rocket science.
They do, Black Panther for example. But the majority of top roles are
Again none of what I say is against you specifically, BUT if it was a mermaid other than Ariel I would agree as just being a mermaid in general, but Ariel has white skin, red hair, and blue eyes. That's a specific look. Does it matter in this circumstance? No, as I have already said that and explained why. If it were not for the dyed red hair then I don't think I would be as on board with this.
I guess from my perspective it’s not such a big deal and died hair? The first actress (I think) to play Orphan Annie was Shirley Temple and her hair was not naturally red :)

I guess from my perspective it’s not such a big deal and died hair? The first actress (I think) to play Orphan Annie was Shirley Temple and her hair was not naturally red :)

Neither was Aileen Quinn's or Alicia Morton's but they still had red hair in their movies.

I am part (American) Indian, was a client and volunteer at the Seattle Indian Health Board and hung with lots of Indians, and we laugh at all you white leftist SJW morons who call us "Native Americans".
People can call themselves what they want and I’ll honor it. Like choice of pronouns, it’s no skin off my back, it’s just a matter of respecting the person. I always did like Canada’s term: First Nations.

Nope it doesn't. Well it might actually for the 2014 Annie, I never saw that because it looked so stupid but it seems like they changed a lot,.. I don't believe Annie Live changed a thing except for Annie's hair and skin color.
I don't know how you can compare any of the live action film or theater spin offs of Little Orphan Annie as bearing any resemblance to the original or the comic except that Annie had red hair and Warbucks was bald.

You have people insulting and verbally attacking their customers. That is not doing what "they think will meet market demand".

Your defense of it, makes no sense. And ignores my points.
I’m not sure what you are on about. It is all a market decision. If they lose money, they will change. If the profit they will continue on that track. It’s a business like any other and it’s the bottom line that matters. That isn’t defending (or condemning) anything, itis just stating the facts.

To a racist white supremacist, inclusion, fells like oppression.

They do, Black Panther for example. But the majority of top roles are

Racists like the OP cried and complained about Black Panther too.

Same crap, different angle.

I don't know how you can compare any of the live action film or theater spin offs of Little Orphan Annie as bearing any resemblance to the original or the comic except that Annie had red hair and Warbucks was bald.

I'm talking about Annie the movie and Broadway story not the comic strip. I don't even know the comic strip plotline.

Hey, I think Winco must have dirtied his drawers when he looked up the definition of slander. He seems to have chosen to hide out. LMAO
Well, from my first post in this thread.
I just asked you to say the words.

IFF......

You choose not to answer, and my answer was IFF.

Sorry to confuse the Challenged.

Just say "the words". You coward.

I don’t think the OP is a racist, I think she is discussing it and that is fair.

Exactly thank you it would be exactly the same thing if you changed Sleeping Beauty into a boy. It just doesn't make sense to change somebody's race if they were written to be either black or white.

Forum List

Back