Are Whites Ashamed...

that the founding fathers and subsequent leadership had to construct a system that gave them a 300 plus year head start here in the US? If you count the years of enslavement of Blacks. The laws against Blacks reading. The Vagrancy laws. The Jim Crow laws. etc etc arent you kind of pissed off that your white leadership thought so very very little of your ability to succeed on a level playing field?
i dont know how to answer this....my family came over in the early 1900's from Southern Italy...and looking at some old pictures my grandmother showed me i had some ancestors that were pretty dam dark,no doubt Moors blood....my grandmother told me that her 2 brothers were so dark that they were considered black by just about everyone....and the pictures she showed me of them,i can see why....these 2 guys were black.....
Its a simple yes or no.

Interesting. How about now? Are you mistaken for a Black person now? What is the difference in treatment between your dark ancestors and your white looking ancestors?
i am not that dark but i have had Mexicans come up to me speaking Spanish....when they find i am Italian they laugh and say we aint that far apart....and as far as how my darker relatives got treated,my grandmother said her brothers hung with lots of black guys were they lived because they felt more excepted by them and she said her mothers friends used to kid her about how she must have slept with a black man.....they both died young one in WW1 the other a few years later by some disease he contracted...

Sure, because we all know how well Italians, and Blacks have gotten along in this country.
*Rolls eyes*
Italians and Sicilians were the only whites I would date back in the day.

Italians, and Sicilians were the only "Whites" I'd see punch a random Black person for being in their neighborhood, or looking at them the wrong way.... Back in the day in Putnam Lake, NY.

that the founding fathers and subsequent leadership had to construct a system that gave them a 300 plus year head start here in the US? If you count the years of enslavement of Blacks. The laws against Blacks reading. The Vagrancy laws. The Jim Crow laws. etc etc arent you kind of pissed off that your white leadership thought so very very little of your ability to succeed on a level playing field?
i dont know how to answer this....my family came over in the early 1900's from Southern Italy...and looking at some old pictures my grandmother showed me i had some ancestors that were pretty dam dark,no doubt Moors blood....my grandmother told me that her 2 brothers were so dark that they were considered black by just about everyone....and the pictures she showed me of them,i can see why....these 2 guys were black.....
Its a simple yes or no.

Interesting. How about now? Are you mistaken for a Black person now? What is the difference in treatment between your dark ancestors and your white looking ancestors?
i am not that dark but i have had Mexicans come up to me speaking Spanish....when they find i am Italian they laugh and say we aint that far apart....and as far as how my darker relatives got treated,my grandmother said her brothers hung with lots of black guys were they lived because they felt more excepted by them and she said her mothers friends used to kid her about how she must have slept with a black man.....they both died young one in WW1 the other a few years later by some disease he contracted...

Sure, because we all know how well Italians, and Blacks have gotten along in this country.
*Rolls eyes*
so no Italians and blacks ever got along?...even the ones as dark as they were?....

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*

Italians, and Sicilians were the only "Whites" I'd see punch a random Black person for being in their neighborhood, or looking at them the wrong way.... Back in the day in Putnam Lake, NY.
the Sicilians i grew up with in W.NY would smack you for considering them White....

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*

the Sicilians i grew up with in W.NY would smack you for considering them White....

Well, I put "White" this way for a reason.

No, they aren't really White much if at all.

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*
so no Italians and blacks ever got along?...even the ones as dark as they were?....

LOL, for some time now the darker peoples actually tend to have a lot more racial confrontations, or racial opinions disproportionately than Whites do.

Have you been sleeping, or something?

You got that wrong, Bru. Whites have had no head start at all...see the Nubian rulers of Egypt for details. The blacks went backwards; not whiteys fault. lmao

Nubian pyramids - Wikipedia

Greg

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*

Not sure how that changes the fact I have dated a lot of Italian and Sicilian women. Also pretty sure I've punched a couple of Italians before.

You got that wrong, Bru. Whites have had no head start at all...see the Nubian rulers of Egypt for details. The blacks went backwards; not whiteys fault. lmao

Nubian pyramids - Wikipedia

Greg
You do realize Egypt and Nubia are not in the US right?

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*

LOL, for some time now the darker peoples actually tend to have a lot more racial confrontations, or racial opinions disproportionately than Whites do.

was that what i asked you about,or did i ask you... so no Italians and blacks ever got along?.....learn to read sobinski....

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*

Not sure how that changes the fact I have dated a lot of Italian and Sicilian women.

Around here probably nearly 50% of Italian / Sicilian girls go with other Italian / Sicilian guys, the other 50% go with Irish guys.

Only a small fraction go with Black guys from everything I've seen.

Irish guys can have the curse of the Irish, and still at least go further only because they're better looking, and make more money....

Did I mention that both Italians, and Irish haven't been here as long as Blacks?

Why does almost every group surpass Blacks in this country?

Its a simple yes or no.

*Rolls eyes*

was that what i asked you about,or did i ask you... so no Italians and blacks ever got along?.....learn to read sobinski....

Sure, even a few Albanians, and Serbians might even get along too.

Doesn't make it normal, now does it?

Did I mention a lot of Albanian, and Serbian Americans arrived to the U.S.A since the Yugoslavian wars?

Yet, in those years most of them surpass Black Americans, how come?

What kind of head-start is coming here in the 1990's????????

*Rolls eyes*

Did I mention a lot of Albanian, and Serbian Americans arrived to the U.S.A since the Yugoslavian wars?

no one said it was normal....in spite of what you might think....not all people are racists and can actually get along with someone who is "different" then they are.....

*Rolls eyes*

no one said it was normal....in spite of what you might think....not all people are racists and can actually get along with someone who is "different" then they are.....

Italians are generally more racist than other "Whites" are towards Black people.

Anyways, if Italians are prejudiced upon, came here late, and are doing fairly well (Which is true)

What's going on with Blacks, exactly?

Can't say Italians in the U.S.A were given a head-start, or a silver-spoon, huh?

Italians are generally more racist than other Whites are towards Black people.
were i grew up everyone had their own groups but yet played on the same sports teams in HS and partied together and yet still had their spats....i grew up around Italians,Sicilians,Blacks,Puerto Ricans and lots of Jews and of course Whites......

Muslim Americans are actually on average somewhat wealthy, and educated.

Obviously this is the most prejudiced upon group by far in the U.S.A now-a-days.

They also came here late, overwhelmingly.

Now, the aspects of their wealth is that a lot of Muslims in the U.S.A are the higher end Muslims from their countries.

But, none the less if they can do fairly well, why not the same for the African Americans whom typically seem to struggle so much?

Italians are generally more racist than other "Whites" are towards Black people.

Anyways, if Italians are prejudiced upon, came here late, and are doing fairly well (Which is true)

What's going on with Blacks, exactly?

Can't say Italians in the U.S.A were given a head-start, or a silver-spoon, huh?
the only spoons i ever seen anyone with were i grew up were the ones to eat your soup....

Muslim Americans are actually on average somewhat wealthy, and educated.

Obviously this is the most prejudiced upon group by far in the U.S.A now-a-days.

They also came here late, overwhelmingly.

Now, the aspects of their wealth is that a lot of Muslims in the U.S.A are the higher end Muslims from their countries.

But, none the less if they can do fairly well, why not the same for the African Americans whom typically seem to struggle so much?
when i was a kid i had no idea what a Muslim was....not a lot of wealth were i was....middle class were the rich.....

Forum List

Back