Are you boycotting Anheuser-Busch products?

What I think is hilarious is all the videos people have posted of them destroying cases of Bud Light.

After you have paid Anheuser-Busch for their product, I don't think they care what you do with it.

I would love to have a commemorative can of Bud Light with my picture on it. But only if they filled it with a better quality of beer.

I have boycotted AB beers (and all other corporate macro beers) since around 1990 when I was first introduced into actual real beer.
I still can't decide if corporate macro beer is beer trying to be water, or water trying to be beer?

American lager is traditionally bland.

8F2EE33F-B7AB-4D44-991D-2A4E5A9065AA.jpeg

American lager is traditionally bland.
Well American macro beers are really a Pilsner "beer", not lager.
Lager is actually a heavier bodied beer than Pilsner. Think Sam Adams.
During the 1800s, workers just wanted to drink beer after beer after beer. So brewhouses began switching to a Pilsner style which is less heavy, crisper characteristics and generally easier to drink lots of.
By the late 1920s, after prohibition, breweries just wanted to mass produce a beer to keep up with the population growth and the ever climbing demand. So they simply watered the beer down and started adding cheaper adjuncts like rice and corn to produce alcohol cheaper than barley and/or wheat.
And they have been doing it ever since. BMC beers (Bud Miller Coors) has less than half the grains a real lager beer has.

People still believe they are an American beer. They were bought by inbev a while ago.

Inbev is European. More specifically it's Belgian.

And no I rarely drank any of their products. I always preferred Miller lite, miller genuine draft and guiness. But no way in hell will I buy any of their products now.
I agree with you and doubt many people realize Budweiser is not American owned today. If they find out more will join the boycott.

I personally like Coors Lite in the 16 oz silver bullet. A generous serving of beer that says cold for a longer period of time. I go to the other extreme for my second choice I like Guinness Stout.

1681025397854.jpeg

1681025551595.jpeg

Forum List

Back