arguements over a mississippi confederate statue

I don't follow. Jimmy Carter had the flag in his office when he was governor. That was after slavery adn the civil war and the KKK, and the repression and wacism, which you put forth as the reason or what the flag symbolizes.

So, what Carter a w.s. when he was governor of Georgia? Did he govern by w.s. principles and policies?

Why are you giving him a pass, and not other people?
Jimmy isn't getting pass, he's getting context. Even Jimmy Carter, civil rights advocate, knew that he needed white racists in the South to vote for him if wanted to win. That's pragmatism. Democrats no longer need a coalition with white racists in the South to win.

I think in 2015 Carter was saying that there was no longer any way that flag could fly.

All the reasons you listed, for the flag to be "Bad" were well before his time as governor.

By your reasoning, was Jimmy Carter a w.s.? Did he govern as a w.s., by w.s. priniciples?

Jimmy isn't getting pass, he's getting context. Even Jimmy Carter, civil rights advocate, knew that he needed white racists in the South to vote for him if wanted to win. That's pragmatism. Democrats no longer need a coalition with white racists in the South to win.

You think "white racists" in the south judged Jimmy Carter, a well known supporter of civil rights, by the flag in his office, and not by his stated policies?

That makes no sense. Jimmy Carter ran on a platform of PRO-CIVIL RIGHTS and was elected, by georgia voters, including the white ones, on that platform. Any "white racists" in the electorate, knew that he was not on their side.

All the reasons you listed, for the flag to be "Bad" were well before his time as governor.

By your reasoning, was Jimmy Carter a w.s.? Did he govern as a w.s., by w.s. priniciples?
I don't even know what w.s. means. I realize you're searching for some "gotcha" moment from me, but FO. It's clear that while Carter was governor of GA from 71-75 he wasn't saying the stars and bars were symbols of jim crow, but by 2015 he'd concluded that the stars and bars were inherently offensive to most black Americans.

Last edited:
You think "white racists" in the south judged Jimmy Carter, a well known supporter of civil rights, by the flag in his office, and not by his stated policies?

That makes no sense. Jimmy Carter ran on a platform of PRO-CIVIL RIGHTS and was elected, by georgia voters, including the white ones, on that platform. Any "white racists" in the electorate, knew that he was not on their side.
He also ran as a populist campaign against monied elites in Washington. I'm suggesting white racists, having lost their champion in Wallace in the primaries voted for the next best thing, someone who stood up for poor and working class Americans agains big business interests.

I don't even know what w.s. means. I realize you're searching for some "gotcha" moment from me, but FO. It's clear that while Carter was governor of GA from 71-75 he wasn't saying the stars and bars were symbols of jim crow, but by 2015 he'd concluded that the stars and bars were inherently offensive to most black Americans.
I'm not looking for a gotcha moment.

Nothing changed from the early 1970s, to 2015, with regard to the civil war, wacism, blah, blah, blah.

So, what was Jimmy Carter thinking with having that flag in his office?

curried goat thinks that he was pandering to all the "white racists" in the south, to get political support.

What do you think?

He also ran as a populist campaign against monied elites in Washington. I'm suggesting white racists, having lost their champion in Wallace in the primaries voted for the next best thing, someone who stood up for poor and working class Americans agains big business interests.

So, you're dropping your claim that the flag was there as a pandering to white racists?

Good.

So, why was it there then? Jimmy Carter was not a dumb man. If it was a w.s. flag, he had to know that. If it was hurtful to blacks, whom he cared about, he had to know that.

So, you're dropping your claim that the flag was there as a pandering to white racists?

Good.

So, why was it there then? Jimmy Carter was not a dumb man. If it was a w.s. flag, he had to know that. If it was hurtful to blacks, whom he cared about, he had to know that.
Where did I say I was dropping the claim that Jimmy and Southern Democrats like Clinton didn't used to pander to white racists? Do you know how to read, boy? 😂

Don't get butt hurt at wvery little thing you eyes see.... will the statue hurt you? Will it make you cry? Will it follow you home ? Seems you should be more butt hurt because Biden and his fellow anti American administration is crippling America with 5 dollar per gallon gasoline , record inflation , supply shortages , wide open southern borders. But no, that doesn't outrage you idiots , in fact you cheer it on . You fools go after statues. Not your elite child bangers on Epstein Island . No its statues that are racists . I can't stand you morons

Guy, I'll take 5 Dollar Gasoline over TRUMP PLAGUE, TRUMP RECESSION and TRUMP RIOTS any day of the week.

The union was no better. No better at all. Tear down all the confederate statues that you want. Just tear down the Union ones as well.

The Unions were heroes. The Confederates were traitorous scum racists.

so thugs are yours. nic e.

Women are often overlooked in history for their role in the institution of slavery. First Lady Julia Dent Grant, wife of President Ulysses S. Grant, was a steadfast slave mistress for more than half of her life—an often forgotten part of her identity. Though Grant himself grew up in an abolitionist family in the free state of Ohio, his marriage to Julia Dent led him to become involved in slavery while the two lived in Missouri on Julia’s family estate. As a result, Ulysses Grant was the last U.S. president to have owned an enslaved individual. Grant’s legacy as the respected Commanding General of the Union Army, and his efforts as president to protect black citizenship have long obscured his personal slave-ownership, as well as that of his beloved wife.

For example, did you know that there were 451,021 slaves counted in the 1860 census in states and territories that would make up the Union during the Civil War? Twenty years earlier, in the 1840 census, there were 355,777 slaves counted and in 1850, 415,510. When you look at the census data, New England is the only region where slavery ends rather quickly. In other areas of the north and west, slavery continues until right up to the Civil War.

Another fucking moron who doesn't understand the difference between facts and opinions. Were you clowns born this stupid or did it take real work to make you this way? 😄
You're still a fucktard leftist prick, no matter how hard you try to prove to us that you're just plain old stupid

So one black man makes up my culture, smfh.
No. The thousands who put up STATUES to the one criminal, that's your culture.

The fucking asshole stuck a gun in a pregnant woman's gut, and you fucking assholes want to venerate the guy.

THAT'S your culture, dumbass.

Where did I say I was dropping the claim that Jimmy and Southern Democrats like Clinton didn't used to pander to white racists? Do you know how to read, boy? 😂

I pointed out that your claim made no sense. And you launched another claim. Not defending your claim and moving on, normally is a tacit admission that your previous claim was bullshit.

And it is. Jimmy Carter was a civil rights supporter. He was known for that. Yet he had a Confederate Flag in his office.

That makes no sense under your claimed world view, where those that fly it are "deplorable mutants".

How do you justify this?

No. The thousands who put up STATUES to the one criminal, that's your culture.

The fucking asshole stuck a gun in a pregnant woman's gut, and you fucking assholes want to venerate the guy.

THAT'S your culture, dumbass.
You talk about a fucking moron, how many black women did your heroes rape? How many black men did they rape? How many black folks did they torture and beat? How many black folks did they lynch? The list goes on and on of the atrocities your stinking ass, racist heroes did to black folks.

I pointed out that your claim made no sense. And you launched another claim. Not defending your claim and moving on, normally is a tacit admission that your previous claim was bullshit.

And it is. Jimmy Carter was a civil rights supporter. He was known for that. Yet he had a Confederate Flag in his office.

That makes no sense under your claimed world view, where those that fly it are "deplorable mutants".

How do you justify this?
That's your claim you fool. You're the one for whom those two things, (a civil rights advocate and a Confederate flag in the an office), are confusing.

That's your claim you fool. You're the one for whom those two things, (a civil rights advocate and a Confederate flag in the an office), are confusing.

My position is that since soon after the end of the civil war, teh confederate flag was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

Jimmy Carter having such a symbol in his office and supporting civil rights for blacks, makes complete sense to me (and generations of normal Americans).

It is you lefties that consider it a symbol of wacism, that should find it confusing.

That you don't, suggest that you know you are a shit talker.

Forum List

Back