Arrested for drinking iced tea?

Arrested for drinking iced tea?
Are you serious? You posted the videos, did you even watch them? He was arrested for trespassing.

Is trespassing an arrestable offense?
Where I live it is a class 3 misdemeanor and yes you can (and many do) get arrested for trespassing.

Police do not have the authority to charge you with trespassing on private property.

Yes they do if the owner permits it. It was apparent this guy was an off duty cop working security and had full authority on who was to be on the premises. The idiot with the tea should have left the second he was told to.

Look "asswipe", you're inventing something that is not there, that is not even close to there. I watched it four times in full screen. Doesn't exist. When I see bullshit I'm calling bullshit. You don't like it? Then don't post bullshit.

You see a badge?? Take a screenshot and post it.

:lame2:

The cop said "my badge is right here" and pulled back his jacket and pointed to it.
Are you blind and deaf?

Are you stupid or incompetent? No, I don't hear any such thing. Where the fuck is your screenshot?

I got your screenshot right here. Does ANYONE see a badge here?

Just FYI, there isn't a limit on how many times I can call "bullshit".

Bad camera angle. I did notice that neither man questioned him about it after the badge was shown.

Are you serious? You posted the videos, did you even watch them? He was arrested for trespassing.

Where I live it is a class 3 misdemeanor and yes you can (and many do) get arrested for trespassing.

Police do not have the authority to charge you with trespassing on private property.

Yes they do if the owner permits it. It was apparent this guy was an off duty cop working security and had full authority on who was to be on the premises. The idiot with the tea should have left the second he was told to.

How exactly is it "apparent" that he's a cop-- on or off duty-- since he never shows a badge?
How exactly does he "have full authority" without showing a badge?
What makes the tea drinker an "idiot"?

Thanks in advance for what I have no doubt will be an enlightening answering experience.

How exactly is it "apparent" that he's a cop-- on or off duty-- since he never shows a badge?

Thanks in advance for what I have no doubt will be an enlightening answering experience.

He did show his badge.

And you're welcome.

The cop said "my badge is right here" and pulled back his jacket and pointed to it.
Are you blind and deaf?

Are you stupid or incompetent? No, I don't hear any such thing. Where the fuck is your screenshot?

I got your screenshot right here. Does ANYONE see a badge here?

Just FYI, there isn't a limit on how many times I can call "bullshit".

Bad camera angle. I did notice that neither man questioned him about it after the badge was shown.

The badge wasn't "shown". I just went to the trouble of posting a screenshot of the frame that would have been closest to that showing if it had occurred. Take a look. And immediately after this the target asks "where your badge number at?" which the "POE-lice" completely ignores.

When two cops (if that's what they were, they never said) jumped me with guns drawn, they never once identified themselves either, but from the handcuffs they put on, the guns, and the police radio in the car I kind of had the clues I needed. At that point you don't really need to question who it is that's harassing you.

I mean-- DUH.

Last edited:

He did show his badge.

And you're welcome.

Same deal: show a screenshot or STFU. Ipse dixit is worth absolute zero.
--- which by the way is all this clown did by describing himself as "POE-lice" with no documentation whatsoever.
--- which by the way is what you just did with your ipse dixit.

Last edited:

He did show his badge.

And you're welcome.

--- which by the way is all this clown did by describing himself as "POE-lice" with no documentation whatsoever.

The gold shield is clearly visible. Stop playing dumb.

The screen shot you showed was a split second after the badge the visible.

I would submit a screenshot if I had the capability.

He did show his badge.

And you're welcome.

What the hell are you talking about? The guy said "were yo badge number at" Cop said "it's right here"
And he displayed it and he pointed to it. And you dont hear the guy continuing to ask for it do you?
So they obviously saw the badge. On top of that the guy with the camera left while saying "I aint gettin arrested I dont live here" Doesnt that indicate that they knew damn well he was a cop?
Again,the cop fucked this up no doubt. But he did show his badge and apparently it was enough for the guys that were involved. Because the one left and the other didnt resist.

Last edited:
He did show his badge.

And you're welcome.

What the hell are you talking about? The guy said "were yo badge number at" Cop said "it's right here"
And he displayed it and he pointed to it. And you dont here the guy continuing to ask for it do you?
So they obviously saw the badge. On top of that the guy with the camera left while saying "I aint gettin arrested I dont live here" Doesnt that indicate that they knew damn well he was a cop?
Again,the cop fucked this up no doubt. But he did show his badge and apparently it was enough for the guys that were involved. Because the one left and the other didnt resist.

The badge was clearly visible. And as you and I rightly pointed out, once it was shown they stopped asking for it.

And he displayed it and he pointed to it. And you dont here the guy continuing to ask for it do you?

The badge was clearly visible. And as you and I rightly pointed out, once it was shown they stopped asking for it.

Yeah...some people are just hard headed and will never admit their wrong.
I'm starting to think common sense is a Texas thing.

Wrong, the owner has to specifically call the police and have them issue a warning because it is a business that is open to the public. Feel free to ask a lawyer, or a cop, if you don't believe me.

As I pointed out, you don't need to establish "cop" once they've got handcuffs and a squad car on the side. Again-- DUH. When you lose your keys and you find them... do you keep looking anyway? I mean think about it. No you don't hear the guy continuing to ask for it because he's being handcuffed.

:banghead:

Now if this alleged "badge" is "clearly visible", diga me this:

---- What's the badge number?
What else does it say?

:eusa_whistle:

and while you're scrambling for that, complaining "I'd post a screenshot if I had the capability' (read: my dog ate my homework), you can address the previous question:

--- what makes the guy an "idiot"?
Still waiting on that one too.

Last edited:
He did show his badge.

And you're welcome.

And he displayed it and he pointed to it. And you dont hear the guy continuing to ask for it do you?

Yeah actually I do. One of them asks that question at 2:09; the fake cop pulls his shirt back at 2:10-2:11. Then one of them asks again at 2:12 ...after he's already let the shirt go and come forward ordering "put your hands up against the car".

And in the frame where he does pull the shirt back, all I can see is a sliver of silver. Could be a cell phone for all I can see. But since they're still asking for the badge number, clearly he didn't show it.

Look, I'm an audio/video producer. You're not going to bullshit this past me so don't get in over your head.

Last edited:

Wrong, the owner has to specifically call the police and have them issue a warning because it is a business that is open to the public. Feel free to ask a lawyer, or a cop, if you don't believe me.

Wrong. And he was given a warning.

As I pointed out, you don't need to establish "cop" once they've got handcuffs and a squad car on the side. Again-- DUH. When you lose your keys and you find them... do you keep looking anyway? I mean think about it. No you don't hear the guy continuing to ask for it because he's being handcuffed.

What else does it say?

and while you're scrambling for that, complaining "I'd post a screenshot if I had the capability' (read: my dog ate my homework), you can address the previous question:

I thought you were playing dumb. Now I see that it wasn't an act.

The guys an idiot for getting himself arrested.

What else does it say?

So -- can't come up with anything huh? No badge number, no nuttin'.

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to when I first saw the video yesterday. You know, there's no shame in going for a point, checking it out and finding that it isn't valid and withdrawing from posting it. I do it. But going for a point, knowing full well you can't prove it, being shown its direct contradiction, and then continuing the point anyway, well that's just bizarre. And if that's lone star logic, it doesn't exactly speak well of Texas.

The guy's an idiot for being the target of police excess? Thanks for clearing that up. Kind of like the concept of "original sin". :rofl:

So let's see... if you were standing by your car wielding a soft drink that was clearly an easily recognizable common commercial product, and some stranger walks up to you, claims to be the "POE-lice", shows no documentation of that whatsoever, and demands to take your drink, and then to leave, and then to "put your hands up against the car", your reaction to all this is to bend over and spread your cheeks? To avoid being an "idiot"?

Brave move there, Bender. Nice to know who among us will sell out their fellow citizens for the sake of authoritarian-worship.

What else does it say?

So -- can't come up with anything huh? No badge number, no nuttin'.

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to when I first saw the video yesterday. You know, there's no shame in going for a point, checking it out and finding that it isn't valid and withdrawing from posting it. I do it. But going for a point, knowing full well you can't prove it, being shown its direct contradiction, and then continuing the point anyway, well that's just bizarre. And if that's lone star logic, it doesn't exactly speak well of Texas.

The guy's an idiot for being the target of police excess? Thanks for clearing that up. Kind of like the concept of "original sin". :rofl:

So let's see... if you were standing by your car wielding a soft drink that was clearly an easily recognizable common commercial product, and some stranger walks up to you, claims to be the "POE-lice", shows no documentation of that whatsoever, and demands to take your drink, and then to leave, and then to "put your hands up against the car", your reaction to all this is to bend over and spread your cheeks? To avoid being an "idiot"?

Brave move there, Bender. Nice to know who among us will sell out their fellow citizens for the sake of authoritarian-worship.

It's not my fault your too blind to see the badge.

First of all I wouldn't be such an idiot to put myself in that situation. If wanted to meet up with friends I would meet them at their house or invite them to mine. But maybe that's just a white thing.

Once he was shown the badge and asked to leave he should have left. Everyone knows you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride.

Forum List

Back