Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

None of that has to do with the fact that antisemitism against Jews is currently higher than racism against blacks - and WE don’t get special bonus points to compensate for it.
Based on what? Hell if I run across a Jewish person I don't know they are Jewish until they tell me, but you damn sure know black folks when you see them.

I am sure that Lisa is angry about that. So am I. :mad:
There are remarkably few threads on that (as in zero) compared to Blacks.

I don’t think there is much “anger” going on.

Based on what? Hell if I run across a Jewish person I don't know they are Jewish until they tell me, but you damn sure know black folks when you see them.
Based on hate crimes against Jews. A Jew is 2.5x more likely to be a victim of a hate crime than a black.

As someone who worked in higher education admissions for years, I know what the percentage would be: between 3% and 4% for the most competitive colleges.

All that means is that the other 10% or so who get Into the very top schools by virtue of their color - and now will not - will simply have to go to a somewhat lesser university, more in line with their abilities. Is it REALLY that awful to go to Boston University? Or Vanderbilt? Or Duke?
It’s a plus that you don’t work in the areas admissions now if you are supporting the act of denying this gifted student who represents the highest a academic achievers in America the opportunity to attend the university of his choice

Based on hate crimes against Jews. A Jew is 2.5x more likely to be a victim of a hate crime than a black.
Where did you get those numbers from and what type of hate crime are we talking about? Let's take the Justice System for example, when was the last time a Jewish person spent 30yrs in prison for a crime they didn't commit?

It’s a plus that you don’t work in the areas admissions now if you are supporting the act of denying this gifted student who represents the highest a academic achievers in America the opportunity to attend the university of his choice
HUH?! I object to the fact that this gifted student was rejected because he was Asian when tons of blacks with lower score and grades got in! You have me completely wrong.

The case that was the final straw in my instance was when they rejected a bright white boy from a modest family whose mother had died when he was young who had excellent grades and scores - and let in a black middle-class kid with significantly lower grades and scores because they were trying to reach the 14% black quota.

Where did you get those numbers from and what type of hate crime are we talking about? Let's take the Justice System for example, when was the last time a Jewish person spent 30yrs in prison for a crime they didn't commit?
GMAFB. You’re exhausting.

HUH?! I object to the fact that this gifted student was rejected when tons of blacks with lower score and grades got in! You have me completely wrong.

The case that was the final straw in my instance was when they rejected a bright white boy from a modest family whose mother had died when he was young who has with excellent grades and scores - and let in a black middle-class kid with significantly lower grades and scores because they were trying to reach the 14% black quota.
I must have misunderstood your position.

But you’re wrong. You could just as well say that a private employer has a right to keep his entire workforce white and refuse to hire any blacks.

One policy is to exclude all people of one group.

The other policy is to include people of all groups.

How is that the same?

That is in violation of racial discrimination laws, as are race-based admissions decisions.
Actually it is not. The courts have long affirmed their right to use race as one of multiple criteria as long as it isn’t the sole criteria and not quotas.

Refusing to hire someone because of race is, but if you have a group of qualified candidates for a job, an employer doesn’t just look at a piece of paper, he considers how well the candidate will fit the corporate culture and mission, personality traits etc. And race or ethnicity can be a factor.

If a health clinic is trying to improve health outcomes by increasing preventive care for a group that distrusts the medical field, are they going to hire a nurse practitioner that knows nothing of the culture or someone familiar with it by virtue of being raised in it?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Have you ever noticed you never hear any of these folks who whine about AA complain about the Football and Basketball team being 90% black. If a black student can't run with a football or dribble a basketball then they don't won't them there.
They only start crying when those blacks start getting paid for it.

Tying welfare to black childbirth is a racist meme started by Ronald Reagan.

For the record, I wasn't aiming that at black families solely; whites and Latinos, too.

With that being said, I'm sorry, my eyes don't deceive me. There is a shit-ton of extra births in urban black communities to mothers who are in no way prepared economically or otherwise to care for their children. I've lived in many different parts of this country and seen this play out over and over again. Single black mothers hopping onto a bus with 4 children when it's abundantly clear that the mother isn't exactly bringing in the kind of income and doesn't possess the education that would prepare them for life beyond the hood. Welfare enables that, and it needs to stop.

“Corporate welfare often subsidizes failing and mismanaged businesses and induces firms to spend more time on lobbying rather than on making better products. Instead of correcting market failures, federal subsidies misallocate resources and introduce government failures into the marketplace.”

I agree there's corporate welfare and I am not opposed to doing something about it, though I'd caution that if you want to go after American farmers - at least in the current capitalist system - everyone's going to be paying a shit ton more for food.

Forum List

Back