Assholes making trouble in Oregon

Remember folks, Big Brother wants it all. He's not your friend. One day, every square inch of America will be owned by the Government and Corporations. Bet on that.

These people are not terrorists.
They are ranchers who have been abused by the Feds because the Feds have wanted to get that land since the 1970's.

They don't even fucking live there!

You're a real piece of shit for defending these terrorists. Too bad you weren't in the towers when they came down. We lost real Americans that day. We could have afforded to get rid of you.

They can be called nothing short.

The occupation is being led by hard-core militia who adopted the Hammond cause as their own.

Ammon Bundy met with Dwight Hammond and his wife in November, seeking a way to keep the elderly rancher from having to surrender for prison. The Hammonds professed through their attorneys that they had no interest in ignoring the order to report for prison.

Ammon Bundy said the goal is to turn over federal land to local ranchers, loggers and miners. He said he met with 10 or so residents in Burns on Friday to try to recruit them, but they declined.

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

They are not terrorists in an world where words retain actual meaning.

They may be criminal. Maybe.

But that's not a synonym for "terrorist" even IF they do qualify as "criminals."

That report is inaccurate in several things.
1st they did the burn on their property with permission then it got out of hand and burned the Federal land.
2nd they retried them on another charge without a new trial or jury.

From what I understand a witness testified to seeing them hunting. Also, a family member testified that he had been given materials and instructed to go light a fire to hide the evidence of poaching. They were not retried on separate charges. What happened is that they were sentenced and served their sentences, but later an appeals court decided their sentences hadn't been long enough.

I don't see any sense in questioning their convictions as if it was some kind of government conspiracy. They were tried by a jury and were found guilty, and I'm not inclined to believe for one moment that 12 jurors decided to jump in on a government plot. I do find it very disturbing that an appeals court can tack on additional prison time after people have served their sentences.

All that being said.....It does not fucking matter!!

There is no justification, no defense, of these terrorists' actions. None. Period.
the judge did not follow the sentencing guidelines. he gave them an invalid sentence

He based it on the 8th Amendment and it was a valid sentence.
Come on - 5 years for trying to protect their land and home from wildfires?

They should just claim they're Illegals. Those folks can do anything they want these days. Hussein has given em an unlimited free pass. Just claim you're a poor abused Illegal, then get your freebies and a White House invite.

They are ranchers who have been abused by the Feds because the Feds have wanted to get that land since the 1970's.

You're a real piece of shit for defending these terrorists. Too bad you weren't in the towers when they came down. We lost real Americans that day. We could have afforded to get rid of you.

You are the one who believes they are terrorists.
All they did was start a backfire that saved their land.

1st they did the burn on their property with permission then it got out of hand and burned the Federal land.

From what I understand a witness testified to seeing them hunting. Also, a family member testified that he had been given materials and instructed to go light a fire to hide the evidence of poaching. They were not retried on separate charges. What happened is that they were sentenced and served their sentences, but later an appeals court decided their sentences hadn't been long enough.

I don't see any sense in questioning their convictions as if it was some kind of government conspiracy. They were tried by a jury and were found guilty, and I'm not inclined to believe for one moment that 12 jurors decided to jump in on a government plot. I do find it very disturbing that an appeals court can tack on additional prison time after people have served their sentences.

There is no justification, no defense, of these terrorists' actions. None. Period.
the judge did not follow the sentencing guidelines. he gave them an invalid sentence

minimum mandatory sentences are constitutional. ignoring them is not.

they broke the law to cover up a crime

AND THE HAMMONDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TERRORISTS IN THE REFUGE BUILDING

They white, they got guns. Case Closed for Communist Obamabot wingnuts.

Guilty of arson.

There has been a lot of nonsense on different threads here about this situation. While I don't know the Hammond's personally, I know a lot of the ranchers in that area, and the Hammond's, from all that I have read, seem little different from most of them. These are independent, hard working, and hardheaded, some would even say pigheaded, people. They have to be. The high desert gives of it lean bounty only to those that are as tough and stubborn as it is. The Hammond's are not thugs, as some have suggested, or even criminals. They come from a culture that is used to doing for themselves, because there is no one else in most of that wonderfully empty country to do for you most of the time. And, acting in that manner, they did something that was criminally stupid. And they have already served just sentences for that stupidity.

There is no reason for them to go back to jail. Were I there, I would have marched in that protest. However, that in no way justifies what Bundy and his bunch have done. They care nothing about the Hammond's, they are simply crazies trying to start bloodshed.

Originally, on their arrival in Burns, they stated that they were going to occupy the courthouse and prevent anyone from taking the Hammond's anywhere. After talking to the locals, and being told to keep their scuzzy asses out of this, it was none of their business, they changed their minds. Good thing, had they tried that, the locals would have walked all over those scuzzy asses.

So, after the march, they went down to occupy the Malhuer Game Reserve. Here I quote from the Oregonian;

Ammon Bundy said the goal is to turn over federal land to local ranchers, loggers, and miners. He said he met Friday with 10 or so residents in Burns to try to recruit them, but they declined.

"We went to the local communities and presented it many times and to many differant people". He said. "They were not strong enough to make a stand. So many individuals across the United States and in Oregon are making this stand. We hope that they will grab onto this and realize it has been happening".

End of quote from the Oregonian.

So, it is not the locals, it is outsiders that are stirring up this trouble, could not even get 10 people from Burns to go along with them.

The Governor needs to put the National Guard around all the roads into the Refuge building, and allow nothing in or out. Post cameras, and if one of the locos points a gun at any Natonal Guardsman or law officer, he faces assualt with a deadly charges when this is over. And, when they finally have to come out, all their vehicles and weapons are seized, and they are arrested for criminal trespass. And if there is damage to anything in that building, or the building itself, they face charges for that.

All their weapons should be seized and destroyed, also. This kind of thing need to come to an end.
These men will be equal to the men that fought and died at the Alamo. They'll face superior odds, but I feel they will unite everyone who loves what we stand for.
Ah yes, what you stand for. Idiocy and bigotry. Stupidity and senseless bloodshed. Lawlessness and theft.
I stand for Patriotism and Constitutional Rights.

So you are OK with wanting them to go to jail for 5 years, that stopped wildfires from destroying their land?

They should just claim they're Illegals. Those folks can do anything they want these days. Hussein has given em an unlimited free pass. Just claim you're a poor abused Illegal, then get your freebies and a White House invite.
do you get a discount at the crazy store for buying in bulk?

So you are OK with wanting them to go to jail for 5 years, that stopped wildfires from destroying their land?
not what they did, and yes. they broke the law with a minimum MANDATORY sentence.
how would you feel if a firefighter had died fighting their back fire?

The fuck are you talking about, shit stain? You don't even know what the hell is going on!!

The fuck are you talking about, shit stain? You don't even know what the hell is going on!!

Read up about it most uninformed one.

They're White Americans. They aren't Muslims, African Americans, or Illegals. So it's probably not gonna end well for em. Hussein's already sentenced them to death. He ain't very big on white folks.

It's open season on White Americans these days. Another wonderful gift from Hussein. He really brought the nation together, huh? So yeah, these people are likely dead meat. God bless em though. They stood up and tried.

The jury convicted both of the Hammonds of using fire to destroy federal property for a 2001 arson known as the Hardie-Hammond Fire, located in the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

The jury also convicted Steven Hammond of using fire to destroy federal property regarding a 2006 arson known as the Krumbo Butte Fire located in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and Steen Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. An August lightning storm started numerous fires and a burn ban was in effect while BLM firefighters fought those fires. Despite the ban, without permission or notification to BLM, Steven Hammond started several “back fires” in an attempt save the ranch’s winter feed. The fires burned onto public land and were seen by BLM firefighters camped nearby. The firefighters took steps to ensure their safety and reported the arsons.

Eastern Oregon Ranchers Convicted of Arson Resentenced to Five Years in Prison | USAO-OR | Department of Justice

Forum List

Back