Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

For the historic record, here's where mischaracterizations begin. Post # 70. False and misleading assumptions based on conjecture. When did I mention God?
You keep saying " when did I mention God". Isn't he what the thread is about?
Why are you people all so universally stupid? Or are you just purposefully obtuse?
You get what you give bitch.
I'm done being polite with you dumb motherfuckers.
You've been polite? LOL
Considering how dishonest and ignorant you are.....yes.

I wonder if any of these scholars watched the Stephan Molyneux videos. They should since they obviously have no idea what atheism is or how to argue it.
How should we argue it? What would be compelling to you?
Didn't watch the videos, did you dummy. I gave you dummies all the ammunition you need already. You're just too fucking stupid to know how to use it.

The atheists who claim that god is not possible, or that god doesn't exist are just as deluded. Just because we have no mean now to detect a god doesn't mean that there isn't one. Personally, I'll wait for the actual evidence either way.
Sure:

Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg
I like to think that asking is the universe made by intelligent design is a plausible question, it's something that man will likely search for forever when looking at possible origins of this universe and what may or may not be found outside it.
You, on the other hand, seem to have a closed mind about all this. Why is that?
Because the question itself is based on an unproven assumption. "Is the universe created by Intelligent Design?" Before asking this question, does not one first have to Ask, "Is there evidence of a designer"? After all, without a designer, the answer to your question is rather self evident, isn't it? You see, this is the flaw of most reasoning that leads to theism: every path of reason starts from a position of presuming the existence of divinity. From there, it proceeds to arrange the evidence to support that presumption.

I prefer to start from the origin with a null assumption: God does not exist. Now, offer objective evidence to prove God does, and I will happily move off of the null position. From there, we can happily explore all other aspects of divinity, from consciousness, to divine ethics, to creation. But, first, I need to have evidence of the existence of divinity presented.

Otherwise, I remain comfortably in the "God does not exist" position.
You think that way because you know as much about science as you do religion. Pretty much not at all.[/QUOTE]
Well, I certainly have a more vast understanding of both than you have demonstrated.
Holy shit! These atheists have to be the dumbest and least honest people on the planet. Maybe even the least honest in any parallel universe as well.
You dummies need to personalize and assign motives all the time because you're too fucking stupid to even know what your argument is.
What camp are you in? Because you talk so much smack, I can't wait to hear your arguments. :D
That's just it. CA won't answer that question, because he is nothing but an arrogant coward. He wants to sit, and snipe at people who have actual original thoughts, all while hiding what he believes, or thinks, so that he can appear to be intellectually superior. Don't bother responding to him, except to mock him. It is all he deserves.
No, the actual truth is that you can't make a persuasive argument for atheism. That's why you constantly distract with superficial nonsense and avoid answering real questions. That's why you've had to personalize all your arguments throughout this entire thread.
Oh. You want me to persuadew you that you should be an Athist. Persuasive writing, also known as the argument essay, uses logic and reason to show that one idea is more legitimate than another. It attempts to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view or to take a particular action.

Not my job, and hasn't been my purpose. I have bmerely been expressing my reasons for being an atheist. Not my job to convince anyone else what their theological position should, or should not be.

I like to think that asking is the universe made by intelligent design is a plausible question, it's something that man will likely search for forever when looking at possible origins of this universe and what may or may not be found outside it.
Because the question itself is based on an unproven assumption. "Is the universe created by Intelligent Design?" Before asking this question, does not one first have to Ask, "Is there evidence of a designer"? After all, without a designer, the answer to your question is rather self evident, isn't it? You see, this is the flaw of most reasoning that leads to theism: every path of reason starts from a position of presuming the existence of divinity. From there, it proceeds to arrange the evidence to support that presumption.

I prefer to start from the origin with a null assumption: God does not exist. Now, offer objective evidence to prove God does, and I will happily move off of the null position. From there, we can happily explore all other aspects of divinity, from consciousness, to divine ethics, to creation. But, first, I need to have evidence of the existence of divinity presented.

You think that way because you know as much about science as you do religion. Pretty much not at all.[/QUOTE]
Well, I certainly have a more vast understanding of both than you have demonstrated.
Holy shit! These atheists have to be the dumbest and least honest people on the planet. Maybe even the least honest in any parallel universe as well.
You dummies need to personalize and assign motives all the time because you're too fucking stupid to even know what your argument is.
What camp are you in? Because you talk so much smack, I can't wait to hear your arguments. :D
That's just it. CA won't answer that question, because he is nothing but an arrogant coward. He wants to sit, and snipe at people who have actual original thoughts, all while hiding what he believes, or thinks, so that he can appear to be intellectually superior. Don't bother responding to him, except to mock him. It is all he deserves.
No, the actual truth is that you can't make a persuasive argument for atheism. That's why you constantly distract with superficial nonsense and avoid answering real questions. That's why you've had to personalize all your arguments throughout this entire thread.
Oh. You want me to persuadew you that you should be an Athist. Persuasive writing, also known as the argument essay, uses logic and reason to show that one idea is more legitimate than another. It attempts to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view or to take a particular action.

Not my job, and hasn't been my purpose. I have bmerely been expressing my reasons for being an atheist. Not my job to convince anyone else what their theological position should, or should not be.
No stupid, all you've done is tell people why they shouldn't believe in God or religion. You've failed entirely to make any kind of argument in support of atheism.

I wonder if any of these scholars watched the Stephan Molyneux videos. They should since they obviously have no idea what atheism is or how to argue it.
Didn't watch the videos, did you dummy. I gave you dummies all the ammunition you need already. You're just too fucking stupid to know how to use it.
I did watch that video. The question is did you? Because you are breaking all the rules.

No stupid, all you've done is tell people why they shouldn't believe in God or religion. You've failed entirely to make any kind of argument in support of atheism.

No, I haven't, retard. I've told people why I don't believe in God. I couldn't give so much as a single little shit what anyone else believes, or doesn't. I just want those who so ardently do believe to leave me the fuck alone until they have objective evidence, and quit trying to pass civil laws trying to force me to behave as if I agree with their theology.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I did watch that video. The question is did you? Because you are breaking all the rules.
You did? Well then I guess you're just a little too slow to understand them.

No, I haven't, retard. I've told people why I don't believe in God. I couldn't five so much as a single little shit what anyone else believes, or doesn't. I just want those who so ardently do believe to leave me the He'll alone until they have objective evidence, and quit trying to pass civil laws trying to force me to behave as if I agree with their theology.

Feel free to make an argument for atheism any time.

No, I haven't, retard. I've told people why I don't believe in God. I couldn't five so much as a single little shit what anyone else believes, or doesn't. I just want those who so ardently do believe to leave me the He'll alone until they have objective evidence, and quit trying to pass civil laws trying to force me to behave as if I agree with their theology.

Nope. Not my job. If you are unsatisfied with your theological position, then do a bit of research, and find out for yourself what theology makes sense to you, just like I did.

Nope. Not my job. If you are unsatisfied with your theological position, then do a bit of research, and find out for yourself what theology makes sense to you, just like I did.

Theological position? There you go again. Still no argument in support of atheism. There must be some intelligent atheists around here somewhere.

Theological position? There you go again. Still no argument in support of atheism. There must be some intelligent atheists around here somewhere.

Two points of interest. First, why do you think atheists should feel the need to make any arguments in favour of atheism?

Second, am I to understand from your mocking response that you do not perceive atheism to be a theological position?

Two points of interest. First, why do you think atheists should feel the need to make any arguments in favour of atheism?

Second, am I to understand from your mocking response that you do not perceive atheism to be a theological position?

Answers
1. Are you fucking kidding or what?
2. As stated over and over: Atheists and religious fundamentalists share many behavioral characteristics..

What the fuck are you talking about? This is a thread about atheism. I don't have a camp. Fucking stupid.
I'm asking what you believe, ex. Atheist, or theist... maybe which religion, if any... just to see why you're so upset.

Answers
1. Are you fucking kidding or what?
2. As stated over and over: Atheists and religious fundamentalists share many behavioral characteristics..

No, I'm not "fucking kidding". You keep insisting that atheists are no different that fundamental Christians, yet you seem really annoyed that I won't act Luke a fundamental christian, and attempt to proselytise you. How strange.

An atheist thinks that there is no god. Some go further and say that god is not possible. Plus, atheists are usually kinda obnoxious. :D
If you say so. I would say that theists are the obnoxious ones - particularly the Theists of the "Big Three" flavour (welll...two of the 'Big Three", anyway - Jews don't really seem to care if anyone converts to their religion. They seem perfectly happy living, and letting live); constantly trying to push themselves on everyone, and using every means possible, including the government, to force their views on everyone else.
The atheists who claim that god is not possible, or that god doesn't exist are just as deluded. Just because we have no mean now to detect a god doesn't mean that there isn't one. Personally, I'll wait for the actual evidence either way.
Sure:

The complex universe leads one to ask is there a designer? A legitimate question in my book. But so far no proof.

If you say so. I would say that theists are the obnoxious ones - particularly the Theists of the "Big Three" flavour (welll...two of the 'Big Three", anyway - Jews don't really seem to care if anyone converts to their religion. They seem perfectly happy living, and letting live); constantly trying to push themselves on everyone, and using every means possible, including the government, to force their views on everyone else.
Sure:

The complex universe leads one to ask is there a designer?
Why? Complexity requires a designer? And, what leads you to that conclusion?

So you admit that a god is possible, just unproven so far. You're an agnostic. Good for you.
Then you must admit there is no such thing as a theist either. Do you try to make the same point to people who claim to be theists? Because they aren't any more sure there is a God than I am there is not.

The opposite of a theist is an atheist. If you aren't a theist and you had to pick one? And I'm not talking about which one you would pick if you thought hell was at stake. I'm talking about hooking you to a lie detector and holding a gun to your head and saying agnostic automatically gets you shot. So you have to be honest, do you think there's a god? You'd say no.
Do I think there's a god? Could be, but so far no actual proof. That's the best answer I can give. Just because today, we have no proof doesn't mean that something doesn't exist.
And tons of theists are 100% convinced that there's an invisible superhero.

Why could there be? I can explain how/why/when we made it up. You explain to me the reasons you think there "could be". How? Why?
Like I said to Czernobyl "I like to think that asking is the universe made by intelligent design is a plausible question, it's something that man will likely search for forever when looking at possible origins of this universe and what may or may not be found outside it.
You, on the other hand, seem to have a closed mind about all this. Why is that?"

Well you aren't buying any of the arguments for god either so does it matter that you're keeping an open mind and I'm not? When you learn some evidence that moves you, let me know.

I just believe I know where god came from

QhG4I.jpg
You still haven't proven that a god is not possible.

What the fuck are you talking about? This is a thread about atheism. I don't have a camp. Fucking stupid.
I'm asking what you believe, ex. Atheist, or theist... maybe which religion, if any... just to see why you're so upset.
No, that isn't why you're asking. Not at all.

Forum List

Back