Atheism: The fool's philosophy

Why do many atheists and skeptics fight so hard to deny God if they don't believe He exists?.

I don't believe in your fairy tales, Thor, leprechauns or unicorns.

I view my non-belief in the same way I view my non-collecting of stamps- I just don't.

Why does it bother you so very much that I don't believe in your fairy tales?
I didn't say that it bothered me. Did I?

You were the one who started your whine fest against Atheists- clearly it does bother you.
It doesn't bother me. Why should it? If someone wants to reject God, they will suffer the consequences.
You reject every other god. What if you worshiped the wrong god? Will you suffer the consequences. As for a god that would chose fear induced tactics to be worshipped, I can safely say that I'm glad I don't believe in such a scornful and spoiled malcontent.

What does bother me is that these same atheists are attacking Christianity.
Said the person who started a thread calling atheists fools.

They are murdering Christians. That bothers me.
A lie.
If atheists were content to allow others to believe what they want, it wouldn't bother me in the least what they believe.
We do. We haven't asked for the destruction of churches or other places of worship.
The Christian persecution watchdog group Open Doors has released its annual list of countries where Christians face the greatest persecution and found that it has reached unprecedented levels worldwide as over 7,000 Christians were killed for their faith between Nov. 1, 2014, and Oct. 31, 2015.
Read more at 2015 Deadliest Year for Christians Worldwide, Open Doors' World Watch List Finds

That doesn't include the millions who were killed in Russia, Germany, N Korea. Christians are the most persecuted group in the world. It's a fact.

I view my non-belief in the same way I view my non-collecting of stamps- I just don't.

You were the one who started your whine fest against Atheists- clearly it does bother you.
It doesn't bother me. Why should it? If someone wants to reject God, they will suffer the consequences.
You reject every other god. What if you worshiped the wrong god? Will you suffer the consequences. As for a god that would chose fear induced tactics to be worshipped, I can safely say that I'm glad I don't believe in such a scornful and spoiled malcontent.

A lie.
If atheists were content to allow others to believe what they want, it wouldn't bother me in the least what they believe.
We do. We haven't asked for the destruction of churches or other places of worship.
The Christian persecution watchdog group Open Doors has released its annual list of countries where Christians face the greatest persecution and found that it has reached unprecedented levels worldwide as over 7,000 Christians were killed for their faith between Nov. 1, 2014, and Oct. 31, 2015.
Read more at 2015 Deadliest Year for Christians Worldwide, Open Doors' World Watch List Finds

That doesn't include the millions who were killed in Russia, Germany, N Korea. Christians are the most persecuted group in the world. It's a fact.
From your link:
"the dramatic rise in the amount of persecution against Christians is in part due to the rise of Islamic extremist groups like the Islamic State, Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab."

who knew atheist=Islam

Atheists are just as deluded as theists, as there's no proof either way for or against the existence of a god.

Ad absurdum.

You could easily say "atheists are as deluded as people that believe in The Spaghetti Monster as there is no proof either way". Or Zeus, Thor, the god of the corn, the volcano god, or any of the other 40,000 'gods' humans have or do believe in.

"Elephants may have flown in the past, you can't say for sure as you weren't there". Yes I think it's safe to say, for sure. Even though no one has observed every single elephant that ever existed. Inferred knowledge based on a mountain of observed fact can in fact reduce doubt to .0000000000001 % (or pick a number). Close enough. We haven't seen quarks, or atoms for that matter. A mountain of evidence has reduced the doubt to almost no relevance.

Alot of the knowledge we have about extinct species is from the burrows they made, or footprints, or scat. Indirect observance. Intellectually you can hold that 'we don't know 100% for sure, which is what an agnostic says, which I am'. But even then it is an intellectual exercise. There are many things we know even though we have no direct evidence. Blood spatter patterns at a crime scene can tell in detail what happened, rather than having to see the crime take place. Put that together with all the other evidence and you do know what happened without having been there.
I'm not agnostic towards elephants, lol. Try to stick to the topic.

A lie.

From your link:
"the dramatic rise in the amount of persecution against Christians is in part due to the rise of Islamic extremist groups like the Islamic State, Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab."

who knew atheist=Islam
Genocide in North Korea | World Policy Institute

A lie.

A lie.

I have great sympathy for Christians who suffer real persecution.

None of those are in the United States.

And we Atheists in the United States have not been calling for the persecution or murder of Christians, despite centuries of Christians persecuting persons who did not believe in their specific brand of Christianity.

A lie.

A lie.

And we Atheists in the United States have not been calling for the persecution or murder of Christians, despite centuries of Christians persecuting persons who did not believe in their specific brand of Christianity.
Oh. So now Christians are the ones doing the persecuting? Give me one example.

Atheists are just as deluded as theists, as there's no proof either way for or against the existence of a god.

I don't need proof to not be doing something.

I don't collect stamps- not because I need proof about stamp collecting but because I do not collect stamps.

Likewise- I do not believe in fairy tales.

Simple as that.
But you have zero proof that a god can't exist.
And you have zero proof that all the gods ever described in history have never existed. The same can be said about leprechauns, unicorns and fairies.
Leprechauns, unicorns and fairies are known to have been made up. Now you know.

A lie.

From your link:

who knew atheist=Islam

Note how you ignored your own link?

A lie.

From your link:

who knew atheist=Islam

How's that?

Ad absurdum.

You could easily say "atheists are as deluded as people that believe in The Spaghetti Monster as there is no proof either way". Or Zeus, Thor, the god of the corn, the volcano god, or any of the other 40,000 'gods' humans have or do believe in.

"Elephants may have flown in the past, you can't say for sure as you weren't there". Yes I think it's safe to say, for sure. Even though no one has observed every single elephant that ever existed. Inferred knowledge based on a mountain of observed fact can in fact reduce doubt to .0000000000001 % (or pick a number). Close enough. We haven't seen quarks, or atoms for that matter. A mountain of evidence has reduced the doubt to almost no relevance.

Alot of the knowledge we have about extinct species is from the burrows they made, or footprints, or scat. Indirect observance. Intellectually you can hold that 'we don't know 100% for sure, which is what an agnostic says, which I am'. But even then it is an intellectual exercise. There are many things we know even though we have no direct evidence. Blood spatter patterns at a crime scene can tell in detail what happened, rather than having to see the crime take place. Put that together with all the other evidence and you do know what happened without having been there.

Research analogy and metaphor. It is spot on topic.

A lie.

A lie.

Christians have been doing the persecuting for centuries. Are you really that ignorant?

Christians have persecuted homosexuals for centuries- passing laws to put gays in jail- most recently Louisiana rejected an attempt to overturn its unconstitutional anti-gay sodomy laws because of pressure by Christians conservatives.

History is not kind to Christian religious zealots.

Where should we start- here in the United States, Christian minorities fled Christian oppression in England(and Europe) to the United States- and then almost immediately started persecuting those who did not practice their own form of Christianity. My favorite was how people were fined if they did not attend church. Christians burnt and hung people for being witches. And prosecuted those who were not the right flavor- for instance Quakers- by boring holes in their tongues
Why the Puritans persecuted Quakers
The Puritans reacted with vehement rejection, and submitted Quakers who would not heed the warnings to leave and never return to terrible punishments. Boring holes through their tongues was just one of these.

Then there was the Reformation- where Catholics killed lots of peasants and Protestants killed lots of peasants- all for being the wrong kind of Christians. The 30 years war was a war of the Reformation where millions died because their Prince decided they were the wrong brand of Christianity.

And then there were the various massacres by Christians of Jews....
April 26, 1349 Roman Catholic mobs burn to death all Jews in Germersheim, Germany.

Others? The priest led invasions of North and South America- where the priests burned the writings of the Aztecs as an affront to god, while Christian soldiers massacred Aztecs and Mayans in the name of God.

Now I don't blame modern Christians for the acts of other Christians- like you want to blame me for the acts of those who happen to be athiests.

I don't collect stamps- not because I need proof about stamp collecting but because I do not collect stamps.

Simple as that.
And you have zero proof that all the gods ever described in history have never existed. The same can be said about leprechauns, unicorns and fairies.

Correction- gods, leprechauns, unicorns and fairies are known to have been made up- to the exact same degree.

A lie. We do. We haven't asked for the destruction of churches or other places of worship.

From your link:

who knew atheist=Islam

How's that?

Non-atheists prosecuting other non-atheists

While pariah states like North Korea, Sudan (No. 8) and Eritrea (No. 3) continue to stomp on the religious freedoms of Christians and others, the dramatic rise in the amount of persecution against Christians is in part due to the rise of Islamic extremist groups like the Islamic State, Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab.

As IS continues to have a stronghold on much of the historically-Christian Nineveh province in northern Iraq, Iraq is listed at No. 2 on the list.

With the emergence of the IS, thousands of Christians have been forced to flee their homes and villages or risk being killed for their love of Christ. Due to the mass exodus of Christians, the research finds that Christianity is "on the verge of extinction" from Iraq, a place where Christians have lived for two millennia.

Considering that IS also has control of chunks of Syria, Open Doors lists Syria at No. 5 on the list.

"Islamic extremist caliphates are solidified and expanding," Curry said. "The data shows that the Islamic State caliphate has effectively carried out genocide against Yazidis and Christians in Syria and Iraq, pushing hundreds of thousands of Christians into refugee camps in North Iraq and other countries."

A lie.

A lie.

Christians have been doing the persecuting for centuries. Are you really that ignorant?

Christians have persecuted homosexuals for centuries- passing laws to put gays in jail- most recently Louisiana rejected an attempt to overturn its unconstitutional anti-gay sodomy laws because of pressure by Christians conservatives.

History is not kind to Christian religious zealots.

Where should we start- here in the United States, Christian minorities fled Christian oppression in England(and Europe) to the United States- and then almost immediately started persecuting those who did not practice their own form of Christianity. My favorite was how people were fined if they did not attend church. Christians burnt and hung people for being witches. And prosecuted those who were not the right flavor- for instance Quakers- by boring holes in their tongues
Why the Puritans persecuted Quakers
The Puritans reacted with vehement rejection, and submitted Quakers who would not heed the warnings to leave and never return to terrible punishments. Boring holes through their tongues was just one of these.

Then there was the Reformation- where Catholics killed lots of peasants and Protestants killed lots of peasants- all for being the wrong kind of Christians. The 30 years war was a war of the Reformation where millions died because their Prince decided they were the wrong brand of Christianity.

And then there were the various massacres by Christians of Jews....
April 26, 1349 Roman Catholic mobs burn to death all Jews in Germersheim, Germany.

Others? The priest led invasions of North and South America- where the priests burned the writings of the Aztecs as an affront to god, while Christian soldiers massacred Aztecs and Mayans in the name of God.

Now I don't blame modern Christians for the acts of other Christians- like you want to blame me for the acts of those who happen to be athiests.
Why don't you compare what these so called Christians did, with the teachings of Christ? Most notably, His command to love thy neighbor. Just because someone says they are a Christian, doesn't make it true. In fact, the Bible states that Christians would always be a very small minority. So there is no way that true Christians would ever have the political clout to do the things you accuse them of doing. Is there?

From your link:

who knew atheist=Islam

How's that?

Non-atheists prosecuting other non-atheists

While pariah states like North Korea, Sudan (No. 8) and Eritrea (No. 3) continue to stomp on the religious freedoms of Christians and others, the dramatic rise in the amount of persecution against Christians is in part due to the rise of Islamic extremist groups like the Islamic State, Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab.

As IS continues to have a stronghold on much of the historically-Christian Nineveh province in northern Iraq, Iraq is listed at No. 2 on the list.

With the emergence of the IS, thousands of Christians have been forced to flee their homes and villages or risk being killed for their love of Christ. Due to the mass exodus of Christians, the research finds that Christianity is "on the verge of extinction" from Iraq, a place where Christians have lived for two millennia.

Considering that IS also has control of chunks of Syria, Open Doors lists Syria at No. 5 on the list.

"Islamic extremist caliphates are solidified and expanding," Curry said. "The data shows that the Islamic State caliphate has effectively carried out genocide against Yazidis and Christians in Syria and Iraq, pushing hundreds of thousands of Christians into refugee camps in North Iraq and other countries."

I think what we have here is a problem with word usage. Since Christians are the ones being exterminated, it matters not who is doing it. Atheist, Muslim. Doesn't matter. Since Christians are the ones being persecuted, we should be looking at Christian vs non Christian. Not atheist vs religious. Don't you think?

Simple as that.
Yet many people believe in them. Gods have be known to be made up. Now you know.

Simple as that.
Yet many people believe in them. Gods have be known to be made up. Now you know.
Never said they weren't. :D

Simple as that.

Correction- gods, leprechauns, unicorns and fairies are known to have been made up- to the exact same degree.
Never said gods weren't made up.

A lie.

A lie.

I can't think of any western Atheist that champions North Korea. In fact all the well known ones (Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris...etc) have heavily criticized North Korea.

Ad absurdum.

Research analogy and metaphor. It is spot on topic.
Your observation is still off. :D

Forum List

Back