Attention all Catholic haters

No one here hates the Catholic people. We hate what has happened to them and what IS happening to them! It's called concern. Something you lack because you love the praises of men more than the praises of God! ( common problem in the 21st century! )

Nonsense. As seen in revelation the first seven churches were anything but one. And what was 'the breaking of bread' at the time was just a communal meal not an eating of the roman triune mangod ceremony that did not exist until Christianity was assimilated and perverted by Rome.

What you believe and practice has nothing whatever to do with what the apostles taught and practiced.

To reduce the very word of God, the body of Christ, into a cheap snack food made by human hands is a desecration of the teachings of Jesus and a demonstration of pure hatred for God.

Blah, blah, blah. Prove your claims or change the record, heathen.

relax sparkie. all in due time.

You, a he-goat "without blemish", have been carefully selected and are being prepared as a sin offering.

Your slaughter has been dedicated to the Lord.

No answer, huh?

Last edited:
A little liturgical theology for Hobgoblin, taken from a text on the practices of the early church:

Of far greater significance for Christian worship was our Lord's transformation of the Jewish
domestic ritual of the common family meal, at the Last Supper with His disciples "in the night in
which he was betrayed." To the Jew every meal was a sacred act, for it was nothing less than a
participation in the gifts of God's bountiful creation. Liturgical thanksgivings were offered before
and after each meal by the head of the family, by means of which the food and drink were
consecrated and made a means of religious communion with God and with one another. The
blessing and breaking of the common loaf of bread formally opened the act of fellowship. And on
special occasions, at the conclusion of the meal, a cup of wine mingled with water was solemnly
blessed by the head of the company and passed around the table for each one to partake of it. The
thanksgiving over the cup followed a traditional pattern: i )_ Praise was offered to God for His
provident care and nourishment; 2) His redemptive action in history for His people was recalled;
and 3) prayer was made for the coming of His Kingdom. Our Lord took this familiar ritual and
gave it a new and unforgettable interpretation, by the words He said when He distributed the
bread and the cup. So the Jewish domestic liturgy became the distinctive liturgy of "the household
of faith" (Gal. 6:10), of those who believe in Him and share the benefits of His redeeming sacrifice

THE EARLY CHURCH

The New Testament gives us various glimpses of the earliest Christian disciples at their
common prayers, when they gathered in the homes of members to break bread and celebrate with
thanksgiving the wondrous grace new-found in Christ. Much of their worship was informal and
spontaneous, immediately inspired and led by the Spirit at work in their midst. Each one,
according to his spiritual gifts, contributed to the common assembly some psalm or prayer, an
exhortation or a teaching. There were times when the exuberance of the occasion led to disorder
and confusion, with several trying to speak at once. But such disorder, which we know about chiefly
from the church in Corinth, was strongly denounced by the apostle, who insisted that "all things be
done decently and in order."

But the Christians of apostolic times were not entirely lacking in fixed elements and forms in
their worship. They had taken over from the synagogue the regular reading of the Old Testament
and some of its familiar prayers and hymns. There are echoes of this more formal type of praise in
the great anthems that we find scattered through the pages of the Book of Revelation. The prayers
of the Eucharist, said over the bread and the cup, were certainly based upon the Jewish forms used
by our Lord, and probably from the earliest days of the Church these thanksgivings included a
recalling of the Lord's institution of the rite at the Last Supper. Formulas for use at Baptism also
became fixed at a very early date, including brief questions and answers to be recited immediately
before the baptismal act. Then, too, we know that the Lord's Prayer was vised liturgically. For the
form of it contained in St. Matthew's gospel concludes the prayer with a typical Jewish doxology:
"For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever." This addition of the early
Church is lacking in St. Luke's version of the prayer (11:2-4).

We know very little about the development of the Church's worship in the generation
following the death of the original apostles and leaders. By the middle of the second century,
however, we are sufficiently informed about the pattern of the liturgy generally followed in all the
churches. The Sunday service was held about daybreak in some private house, where a suitable
room was fitted for the common gathering. The bishop was customarily the celebrant, but in his
absence a presbyter might act as his deputy. There were no furnishings in the room except the holy
Table and, behind it, a few seats for the officiating clergy. Each member brought to the service his or
her own offering of bread and wine, to be gathered together at the appropriate time for consecration.
Deacons were posted near the Table to assist the celebrant in his ministrations, or near the door to
keep watch lest any unauthorized intruder enter to molest the group.

We possess a brief description of the Sunday service from an Apology for Christianity
written about the year 150 by a teacher in the church at Rome named Justin. A native of Samaria
in Palestine, Justin was converted to Christianity in Ephesus, and later came to Rome, where he was martyred about the
year 165. He was thus well acquainted with the customs of the Church in both the East
and the West. His description of the Sunday liturgy of the Church was designed to allay
some scandalous gossip about its character that circulated among the pagans. For us it is
invaluable testimony to the ancient shape or "order" of the Eucharist, which underlies all
the later historic rites of Christendom. He says:

On Sunday we all have an assembly at the same place in the cities or countryside, and the
memoirs of the apostles and the writings of the prophets are read as long as time allows. When the
reader has finished the president makes an address, an admonition and an exhortation about the
imitation of these good things. Then all arise together and offer prayers; and . . . when we
have finished there is brought up bread and wine and water, and the president offers in like
manner prayers and thanksgivings, as much as he is able, and the people cry out saying the
Amen.

The distribution and sharing is made to each from the things over which thanks have
been said, and is sent to those not present through the deacons. The well-to-do and those who are
willing give according to their pleasure, each one of his own as he wishes, and what is collected
is handed over to the president, and he helps widows and orphans, and those who are needy
because of sickness or for any other reason, and those who are in prison and the strangers on their
journeys. In short, he is a guardian to all those who are in want.

Justin does not mention any singing. But we know from other sources that psalms were
chanted between the lessons of Scripture. Note especially that the celebrant is allowed to
say the thanksgiving over the bread and wine according to his ability. In another passage,
however, Justin tells us that the content of this prayer followed a traditional pattern. The "president,"
he says, "offers praise and glory to the Father of all through the Name of the Son and the Holy
Spirit, and gives thanks at great length because we have been counted worthy to receive these
gifts from Him."

A half century after Justin's time another leader in the church at Rome, a presbyter named
Hippolytus, described in a brief manual called The Apostolic Tradition the customs and usages
of the Church. What he tells us about the Eucharist, including the forms of prayer which he sets
forth as a model, confirms the information that we have from Justin. Hippolytus also describes in
some detail the rite of initiation into the Church which took place on Easter Even.

Last edited:
So why would anyone "hate" Catholics anyways? Like, aside from those who were abused by priests, women who were refused ordination and all the billions of people whose prayers weren't answered, who's left? :dunno:

Blah, blah, blah. Prove your claims or change the record, heathen.

You, a he-goat "without blemish", have been carefully selected and are being prepared as a sin offering.

No answer, huh?

Sorry pal, I am busy doing more important things until sometime tomorrow.

In the meantime you should know that you have been bound hand and foot and have been dragged before the Judge. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you, but by all means continue to post anything and everything you think will justify your practice of Eucharistic worship, ritualistic desecration of the teachings of Jesus, and perjury in the name of God as an expression of your religious devotion.

Last edited:

No answer, huh?

In the meantime you should know that you have been bound hand and foot and have been dragged before the Judge. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you, but by all means continue to post anything and everything you think will justify your practice of Eucharistic worship, ritualistic desecration of the teachings of Jesus, and perjury in the name of God as an expression of your religious devotion.

You are certifiably insane.

And there's not much I can do to make you better. Welcome to Ignoreville. Enjoy your stay.

So why would anyone "hate" Catholics anyways? Like, aside from those who were abused by priests, women who were refused ordination and all the billions of people whose prayers weren't answered, who's left? :dunno:

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
So you don't "fornicate"?

So you don't "fornicate"?

:eek:

What's your beef?

Please be specific. No "pedophile priest" answers, there are no more pedophile priests than there are pedophile scoutmasters. Or schoolteachers.

Give me your theological reasons. REAL theological reasons, not made up theology.

Start with Ste. Mother Theresa

Her "theological" refusal to allow Catholics access to birth control has probably cost at least 10's of thousands of lives in India. Should we move on to Africa and try to add up the horrific toll this same theological ban has reaked continent-wide?

NHS;

When used correctly, condoms are the best way to prevent sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as HIV. They have a very low failure rate and are effective for all forms of sex, including oral and anal sex.

I should have said I have many reasons to dislike Catholic teachings and authorities, I do not hate any Religion or religious person.

At a time when I was breaking every rule in the book, I went to my Parrish Priest and spilled my guts.

This was after I tried to take my own life. Lucky for you, I failed. :D

So I knelt at his feet, asked for his blessing... and all he offered was this -

"I will not reject you".

And with those words my life was changed. And saved.

Father Rehm. With so few of words saved me from the depth of my disgrace.

I'd much rather not be accepted, than not be rejected.

She afraid you'll lose the argument?

Nope, she said arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how well you play the pigeon is going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like he’s victorious.

When you fail to support your claim, you lose.

You shut the conversation down when you posted this:

He will reply with an ambiguous verse.
That's what I expect.

If you hadn't posted that I would have gotten the verses for you, but as it is I know bloody well that nothing I could offer would ever be enough for you. I only have so many ticks on the clock and I don't have time to waste trying to open a closed mind, I am much better employed answering sincere seekers.

So quit strutting around as if you are victorious.

No answer, huh?

You are certifiably insane.

And there's not much I can do to make you better. Welcome to Ignoreville. Enjoy your stay.

How very unbecoming a man of such distinguished pretentions.

Not very surprising though, that you would start a thread asking "what's the beef" with the Catholic church saying, "Give me your theological reasons. REAL theological reasons, not made up theology." and then when many theological reasons are given by myself and many others, you try to hide in some hole in the wall like the pretentious coward that you are when the truth revealed by those REAL theological arguments comes to light.

Whether you are catholic or not you worship a false triune god, teach others to set aside the laws of God and commit idolatry by worshiping a man which amounts to murder. You desecrate the teachings of Jesus and perjure yourself in the name of God.

You claimed the church is one church and has been since the beginning. I showed you how that was not true by referring to the letters in revelation sent to the first seven churches which reveal that they were anything but one to which you replied, blah, blah, blah.

Would you care to rephrase that before I move on to the more egregious matters?

I must remind you that your sin stands out like a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field.

you can deny the truth all you like, but if you can't fool me, how do you expect to fool the Judge who is presiding over these proceedings?

Forum List

Back