Barry-Care Was Always A Ploy To Get Single-Payer

I recall when the talk shows breached that issue in 2009, the Rats smiling and carefully parsing their words to the contrary. But that's what they wanted; the ACA was simply a means of getting there and they'd make a few bucks before it imploded. And now it has and only 4 of them voted against that amendment when it came up yesterday...the rest voted "present", a tactic the Kenyan often used on his rise to power. So let's get something straight about single-payer...it's impossible: :deal:

What would it cost if we insured everybody, all 326 million Americans?

Somewhere between $2.5 trillion and $3.5 trillion. An additional $1.35 trillion to $2.35 trillion more than the feds spend on Medicaid/Medicare now.

In 2016 the feds only brought in $3.27 trillion and spent $3.85 trillion. Where are the extra trillions supposed to come from? Taxes? To cover everyone and pay for it via taxes means the average person would owe an additional $4,100 to $7,200 every year. At a minimum, a family of four would have to pay $16,400 extra. You can buy a damn good private insurance policy for that kind of money … and have enough left over for a down-payment on a nice car.

Read more at How Much Would Single Payer Health Insurance Cost? | The Daily Liberator
I missed something somewhere. Single payer is touted as the worst thing ever or the best thing since sliced bread? I can look it up and end the mystery.it can't be both. And the Affordable health care program isn't fixing anything. 10 dollar aspirins, thousand dollar a day hospital beds? Let's actually try to make health care affordable, not create government sanctioned ponzi schemes that dosen't address or fix the absurd increases in health care costs. Why IS healthcare, and for that matter housing growing out of hand? 50 years ago, neither was an issue. Now? Something smells fishy in Denmark.
Whether single payer is the best or the worst thing ever depends on your perspective. If you work for a health insurance company, it's the worst. However, for most Americans, removing health insurance from their lives and increasing payroll taxes would be well received. The healthcare discussion should be about saving more lives, curing cancer and other terrible disease, not constantly arguing about how the bills are to be paid. We have been fighting the battle over health insurance for over 20 years. Isn't it about time we turn to more important issues?

Interesting concept, Flopper! You think that instituting a Single Payer system will help cure cancer? How? Name a country that has Single Payer that is a leader in medical research! The US has been just that for a hundred years. Our healthcare system was the envy of much of the world. We were where you went to get treatment if you lived somewhere else and had the means to get here. Ask someone who gets their medical treatment through England's State run healthcare system if they think that they receive the best care that money can buy or whether they get stuck with whatever the system decides to give them?

Yep, the US healthcare system is amazing for rich people. Like Steve Jobs, he's rich, and he still died. Doesn't say anything about the US healthcare system, just that people die even if they have lots of money.

However a good healthcare system for the COUNTRY, rather than just the rich, is something quite different.

You know that all people will die, don't you? Wealth is not a guarantee of immortality. Neither is government provided care. Single payer health care is the worst form of medical services.

It's more popular than anything Republicans passed.

I know you're butt hurt that your party is incapable of governing. It's ok little guy. Go suck your thumb and watch Hannity.

And I'm not a Democrat. I'm an independent. I don't subscribe to blind party loyalty.

Tell the tens of thousands paying outrageous premiums with deductibles so high they have no insurance how "popular" Barry-Care is. And no, you're not a dummycrat...you're a fucking communist and too stupid to know it.

I know you're butt hurt that your party is incapable of governing. It's ok little guy. Go suck your thumb and watch Hannity.

And I'm not a Democrat. I'm an independent. I don't subscribe to blind party loyalty.

Tell the tens of thousands paying outrageous premiums with deductibles so high they have no insurance how "popular" Barry-Care is. And no, you're not a dummycrat...you're a fucking communist and too stupid to know it.

Quit kidding yourself.

The 'outrageous premiums' started after Reagan deregulated the HMO act. Isn't it time to cap premiums that health insurance companies charge since, with the rubber stamping of mergers and acquisitions done by baby bush, healthcare insurance derive the majority of their profit from 90%+ of providers they directly or indirectly own? ie; they pay themselves and charge you twice or more.

I recall when the talk shows breached that issue in 2009, the Rats smiling and carefully parsing their words to the contrary. But that's what they wanted; the ACA was simply a means of getting there and they'd make a few bucks before it imploded. And now it has and only 4 of them voted against that amendment when it came up yesterday...the rest voted "present", a tactic the Kenyan often used on his rise to power. So let's get something straight about single-payer...it's impossible: :deal:

Somewhere between $2.5 trillion and $3.5 trillion. An additional $1.35 trillion to $2.35 trillion more than the feds spend on Medicaid/Medicare now.

In 2016 the feds only brought in $3.27 trillion and spent $3.85 trillion. Where are the extra trillions supposed to come from? Taxes? To cover everyone and pay for it via taxes means the average person would owe an additional $4,100 to $7,200 every year. At a minimum, a family of four would have to pay $16,400 extra. You can buy a damn good private insurance policy for that kind of money … and have enough left over for a down-payment on a nice car.

Read more at How Much Would Single Payer Health Insurance Cost? | The Daily Liberator
I missed something somewhere. Single payer is touted as the worst thing ever or the best thing since sliced bread? I can look it up and end the mystery.it can't be both. And the Affordable health care program isn't fixing anything. 10 dollar aspirins, thousand dollar a day hospital beds? Let's actually try to make health care affordable, not create government sanctioned ponzi schemes that dosen't address or fix the absurd increases in health care costs. Why IS healthcare, and for that matter housing growing out of hand? 50 years ago, neither was an issue. Now? Something smells fishy in Denmark.
Whether single payer is the best or the worst thing ever depends on your perspective. If you work for a health insurance company, it's the worst. However, for most Americans, removing health insurance from their lives and increasing payroll taxes would be well received. The healthcare discussion should be about saving more lives, curing cancer and other terrible disease, not constantly arguing about how the bills are to be paid. We have been fighting the battle over health insurance for over 20 years. Isn't it about time we turn to more important issues?

Interesting concept, Flopper! You think that instituting a Single Payer system will help cure cancer? How? Name a country that has Single Payer that is a leader in medical research! The US has been just that for a hundred years. Our healthcare system was the envy of much of the world. We were where you went to get treatment if you lived somewhere else and had the means to get here. Ask someone who gets their medical treatment through England's State run healthcare system if they think that they receive the best care that money can buy or whether they get stuck with whatever the system decides to give them?

Yep, the US healthcare system is amazing for rich people. Like Steve Jobs, he's rich, and he still died. Doesn't say anything about the US healthcare system, just that people die even if they have lots of money.

However a good healthcare system for the COUNTRY, rather than just the rich, is something quite different.

You know that all people will die, don't you? Wealth is not a guarantee of immortality. Neither is government provided care. Single payer health care is the worst form of medical services.
It's not a medical service.

Quit kidding yourself.

The 'outrageous premiums' started after Reagan deregulated the HMO act. Isn't it time to cap premiums that health insurance companies charge since, with the rubber stamping of mergers and acquisitions done by baby bush, healthcare insurance derive the majority of their profit from 90%+ of providers they directly or indirectly own? ie; they pay themselves and charge you twice or more.

Who's kidding who here? Do you know what the percentage of Americans is that are in those exchanges? Almost 180M are in company plans. Then there is Medicare and Medicaid, and the VA. I've seen a hell of a lot more ruined lives and families than you have in the last 30 years of my business career. Those outcomes are a product of as many stories as there are victims...all you leftists have accomplished is lying to the folks who thought they could trust you...."keep your doctor, keep your plan....that Kenyan piece of shit told you suckers that 28 times....28 times. You had your shot, now STFU while we try to clean up your mess.

We need single payer. It's the ONLY option after Reagan deregulated the bipartisan HMO act.
Na, keep your fucking single payer to yourselves... leave the rest of the country out of it. jack weed

You like the fact that healthcare insurance companies charge an exorbitant amount for their products?
The very concept of so called "insurance" is nothing more than fraud, paying into a "pool" and expecting anything other than Waste, fraud and abuse is juvenile at very best... lol

It's not a medical service.
True, Single payer only benefits the collective and totally neglects the individual... fact

Quit kidding yourself.

It's not that simple. I you cap premiums in the individual healthcare insurance market which is where prices have skyrocketed, insurers will drop out of the market and stick with group plans.

The high premiums are due primary to the cost of insuring really sick people with pre-existing condition in the individual market. Couple that with not enough revenue from young healthy subscribers, a subsidy that doesn't provide sufficient funds to middle income subscribers, and the president's attempt to sabotage the healthcare exchanges, you have a disaster building. We will probably have a couple of dozen counties in the US in 2018 that will have no insurers issuing individual policies. If nothing changes, there could be several hundred in 2019.

Quit kidding yourself.

Who's kidding who here? Do you know what the percentage of Americans is that are in those exchanges? Almost 180M are in company plans. Then there is Medicare and Medicaid, and the VA. I've seen a hell of a lot more ruined lives and families than you have in the last 30 years of my business career. Those outcomes are a product of as many stories as there are victims...all you leftists have accomplished is lying to the folks who thought they could trust you...."keep your doctor, keep your plan....that Kenyan piece of shit told you suckers that 28 times....28 times. You had your shot, now STFU while we try to clean up your mess.
Approximately 14% of Americans get their insurance on healthcare exchanges. Democrats really screwed up in their estimates of the cost of insuring those with prexisting conditions and revenue due to the impact of the individual mandate. By the time they saw this, they had lost control of congress and could not fix it.

Most people in the country, about 86% have not seen any big changes due to Obamacare. Group plans went up in price an average of 3% to 4% a year which is not out of line with the increase in healthcare costs. A few plans didn't cover all the essential benefits so they went up a bit more. About the only change Medicare recipients saw was higher Part B premiums for the affluent recipients and slightly lower brand name drug costs. Medicaid benefits didn't change.

Now the public is seeing republican alternatives to Obamacare, it's popularity has now cross the 50% line, significantly higher than any of the republican proposed replacements.

Quit kidding yourself.

Approximately 14% of Americans get their insurance on healthcare exchanges. Democrats really screwed up in their estimates of the cost of insuring those with prexisting conditions and revenue due to the impact of the individual mandate. By the time they saw this, they had lost control of congress and could not fix it.

Most people in the country, about 86% have not seen any big changes due to Obamacare. Group plans went up in price an average of 3% to 4% a year which is not out of line with the increase in healthcare costs. A few plans didn't cover all the essential benefits so they went up a bit more. About the only change Medicare recipients saw was higher Part B premiums for the affluent recipients and slightly lower brand name drug costs. Medicaid benefits didn't change.

Now the public is seeing republican alternatives to Obamacare, it's popularity has now cross the 50% line, significantly higher than any of the republican proposed replacements.
:lmao:
You can shove obamacare up you ass and keep it to yourselves, The rest of the country wants nothing to do with it. Fact

I appreciate the information, people. But one of the cons of the single payer system (as I understand it) is it doesn't address high health care cost any more than the AHC. Why isn't reducing health care cost THE actual goal? I see all the shenanigans that Hospitals, Insurers and Lawyers are playing and why can't we focus on changing THAT?

I appreciate the information, people. But one of the cons of the single payer system (as I understand it) is it doesn't address high health care cost any more than the AHC. Why isn't reducing health care cost THE actual goal? I see all the shenanigans that Hospitals, Insurers and Lawyers are playing and why can't we focus on changing THAT?
That's because Obamacare and it proposed replacements are basically health insurance legislation. Healthcare quality and rising costs are somewhat related to insurance but it's a very small part of the healthcare picture. That tends to be obscured by political rhetoric that surround insurance legislation.

One of the most effective ways to reduce healthcare cost is to get away from the fee for service system, adopting the fee for successful results wherever possible. Healthcare is one of the few services that we pay people for trying, not for results. This goes back over a hundred years when outcomes of most medical treatments were very unpredictable. Therefore we had to pay doctors and hospitals for trying.

Of course instituting single payer will not cure cancer or other diseases. What I'm saying is constant fighting over insurance reform and that is exactly what Obamacare is, takes the attention away from other really important healthcare issues.

Actually you want find much difference in the satisfaction with the qualify of healthcare systems. According to Gallup, 50% of Americans, 53% of the British, and 48% of the Canadians are not satisfied with healthcare quality.

I don't understand how single payer will hurt medical research. We have had single payer for over 70 years and half the insured are already covered by single payer and yet we are the world leader is medical research.

There are several reasons why the United States leads the world and none of them are directly connected to how we pay for medical care. China which has the largest single payer system in the world and Britain which has oldest are number 2 and 3 in medical research. However, the major factor is not how we pay our medical bills but the amount of funding devoted to research.

Healthcare System Ratings: U.S., Great Britain, Canada

With all due respect, Flopper...the ACA was never about health insurance "reform"...it was always about shifting the cost of premiums to the Middle Class and the healthy to cover healthcare for the poor and people with pre existing conditions! The architects of the ACA lied to the Middle Class when they promised them that it would save the average Middle Class family $2,500 a year in premiums!

It's laughable that politicians in Washington claimed that they wanted to "fix" healthcare when one of the problems that we face with healthcare is huge additional costs imposed because healthcare providers are so worried about protecting themselves from lawsuits. The personal injury lawyers contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to Democrats back before the ACA was drawn up and they got a pass on any tort reform in return!

Well, have you ever lived under single payer? Have you?

Look at it from this point of view.

The US federal govt and the British govt spend about the same (the US federal govt spends a little more per capita) on healthcare.

So in the UK you have two choices, you either have the NHS or you have private health insurance.

In the US you have three choices. Risk your life in the military and get healthcare, get no healthcare, or get private health insurance.

The UK system means you'll never be without. The US system means you might be. Which is better?

For the people, the vast majority of the people, the UK system is better.

That's exactly why liberals are now running around saying we need "single-payer", because they know the ACA is a failure. It was designed to destroy the health care system so the people would demand the government be given more power and control over health care. They label Republicans as "callous" and "heartless" for wanting to repeal the ACA, yet they want to replace it too, with single-payer. Karl Marx would be proud of today's Democrat Party.

That's exactly why liberals are now running around saying we need "single-payer", because they know the ACA is a failure. It was designed to destroy the health care system so the people would demand the government be given more power and control over health care. They label Republicans as "callous" and "heartless" for wanting to repeal the ACA, yet they want to replace it too, with single-payer. Karl Marx would be proud of today's Democrat Party.

ACA was always going to be a bad thing, but I think Obama wanted to try and start change and hope it would move towards single payer in the future.

I disagree with the part where you say he wanted to destroy the system. He wanted to change things. The problem was he's a politician and was willing to compromise (unlike Trump) to get his thing through, and in that it just got worse and worse.

ACA was always going to be a bad thing, but I think Obama wanted to try and start change and hope it would move towards single payer in the future.

I disagree with the part where you say he wanted to destroy the system. He wanted to change things. The problem was he's a politician and was willing to compromise (unlike Trump) to get his thing through, and in that it just got worse and worse.

Who did he 'compromise' with? No Repubs were onboard with the ACA, that was all Dems who voted on it without reading it, they had a supermajority government.

They own the problems with Obamacare now. It's their power to fix them.

You broke it...but now the GOP "owns" it? LOL...how do you figure THAT!

I figure it easily. Obamacare is now viewed net favorably by the American people. That's a win for Democrats.

But Obamacare has flaws, and only the Republicans at this point have the power to fix the flaws,

and they have no intention of doing so.

To say that ObamaCare has "flaws" is like saying the Titanic had a small problem on it's maiden voyage! Do you not grasp that the entire structure of the ACA was built to fail? It's going to happen and there's nothing the GOP can do to stop it from happening.
Describe how it was made to fail.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Are you not paying attention to what's happening, Marc? The implementation of the ACA was structured so that the real costs of the law would stay as hidden from the voters for as long as possible so they wouldn't understand that millions of Middle Class Americans would see huge spikes in their premiums to pay for the huge subsidies given to the poor and to those with pre-existing conditions. Jonathon Gruber was amazingly candid about the fact that the architects of the ACA were NOT transparent about what the law would do and what the law would cost because they KNEW that there would be a public revolt against that legislation if the Middle Class figured out how badly they were about to get screwed! The real costs are now kicking in and the entire house of cards is collapsing.
Any links to back up any of your stuff? Spare the Gruber crap.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back