🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bergdahl A Deserter Not A Hero

I would argue that precedent was already set when Ronnie Raygun traded arms for hostages in 1986.

to the point, though, most POW's make these kinds of "Hostage Videos", so i'm not getting upset about that.

Reality check. We are going to pull out of Afghanistan, and the Taliban will be part of what follows. Might as well put the best face on it.

Reality Check ... Nobody gives a shit who you blame, what you get upset about ... Or what you and the rest of the Surrender First-Apologize Later sissies think.

Too much truth for you to handle? I get that.

Frankly, I just don't see anything over there that's worth one more drop of American blood.

It's statements like this that leave you with zero credibility.

Nope, it places your lack of cred in the lime light.

95% of America disagrees with you cretins to the far right.

Righteously so.

Really now? You have very little if no cred here, and you're talking down to someone?

Jake? Hello?

Real America does not tolerate the far right, TK: yes, it's on the bottom with no cred. We have seen that in this thread.

I'm hoping the Army takes a special dislike to this shit and sentences Bergdahl to Death.

They have the right.

If they charge him with, and find him guilty of, Treason not even the Lying Cocksucker can save him.

Not to interrupt your crazy rant, but if this guy was a "deserter", why didn't the Army charge him with desertion?

Instead, they promoted him- TWICE. Now, you might excuse the promotion from PFC to SPC, you get that for merely in-taking oxygen if you have enough promotion points. But promoting him from SPC to SGT?

The Army might also have to answer some embarassing questions, like why they kept this guy in a hot zone when he was clearly losing his shit.

This has already been explained. The UCMJ. Learn it.

I'm very familiar with the UCMJ, having been in for 11 years.

Point is, if they thought he was a deserter, they should have classified him as such. INstead, they listed him as a POW and gave him promotions in abstenia and continued to pay his salary into his bank account.

Now, I realize you wingnuts only care about this because it makes Obama look good he got this guy out, but all I see is some guy who got in because we've lowered the recruiting standards and lost his shit in theater.

From what I understand he left his post and his rifle and walked off to find the taliban,leaving his fellow soldiers unguarded.

Well, you'd understand wrong.

The Army's current story is that he finished his shift on guard, and snuck out when he was supposed to be sleeping.

I emphasize "Current Story" because the Army hasn't been terribly straight on this. their original story was that he "Lagged behind on a patrol".

It's kind of like when they claimed Pat Tillman was killed by the enemy, and then had to admit it was friendly fire.

From what I understand he left his post and his rifle and walked off to find the taliban,leaving his fellow soldiers unguarded.

The Army's current story is that he finished his shift on guard, and snuck out when he was supposed to be sleeping.

I emphasize "Current Story" because the Army hasn't been terribly straight on this. their original story was that he "Lagged behind on a patrol".

It's kind of like when they claimed Pat Tillman was killed by the enemy, and then had to admit it was friendly fire.

He may have deserted.

He may have gone to see a girl.

He may have been loony.

As I understand it, the original "story" was that he "lagged" behind on patrol. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I led 50 or 60 patrols in Viet Nam. How the HELL did he lag behind, when he should have been the 4th or possibly 5th guy in line!?!?!

I tend to believe the idea that he was in love with the Taliban, and defected over to them and was used as a propaganda tool for 5 years.

This whole bullshit thing with his family disturbs the living hell out of me. If his old man isn't a Taliban sympathizer, I don't know what one looks like.

This whole thing screams "what the hell????"

he walked off an outpost

left his rifle behind

shortly thereafter

the units secret routes in and out of the area

started to have ieds on a regular basis

That's what I mean. there were many conflicting stories about this turd of a guy. In any event, I'm sure the left will celebrate this traitor in every way possible.

Well, speaking as a moderate, which would make me to the left of you. All I can say is WTF!
No deal should have been made for this traitor. This guy should face court-martial.
What was Obama thinking? It's a fucking disgrace.

Not to interrupt your crazy rant, but if this guy was a "deserter", why didn't the Army charge him with desertion?

Instead, they promoted him- TWICE. Now, you might excuse the promotion from PFC to SPC, you get that for merely in-taking oxygen if you have enough promotion points. But promoting him from SPC to SGT?

The Army might also have to answer some embarassing questions, like why they kept this guy in a hot zone when he was clearly losing his shit.

Point is, if they thought he was a deserter, they should have classified him as such. INstead, they listed him as a POW and gave him promotions in abstenia and continued to pay his salary into his bank account.

Now, I realize you wingnuts only care about this because it makes Obama look good he got this guy out, but all I see is some guy who got in because we've lowered the recruiting standards and lost his shit in theater.

They wont charge him until they have him in custody. Dont be surprised if it happens.

obama was never well thought of by the military. Let's hope the military and their families take it out in democrats.

He may have deserted.

He may have been loony.

His statements would indicate desertion and aiding the enemy. Both can lead to a death sentence during wartime. And his father did nothing but cement that theory.
The sorry mother fucker should be shot post haste.

I wouldn't BET on that Starkey. But then YOU claim to be something you're NOT. Your Creds suffer greatly except you have support of the left that lies as much as YOU.:eusa_hand: STFU
As my CSM once said, the far right slimy scum, simply not worth the lives of good American service members.

So right.

Use the quote function much Fakey?

CSM? YOU never served a day in your fucking LIFE.:eusa_hand:

STOP IT

He may have deserted.

He may have been loony.

I'm going with #3. It strikes me that he really lost his mind out there.

This is a weird one for sure. I do agree that this reaks of political stunt to distract from the VA scandal. It may have been a bridge to far really. That said I cant help but think there is some other reason they went to such great lengths to get this guy. I hope thats the case anyway.

As I understand it, the original "story" was that he "lagged" behind on patrol. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I led 50 or 60 patrols in Viet Nam. How the HELL did he lag behind, when he should have been the 4th or possibly 5th guy in line!?!?!

I tend to believe the idea that he was in love with the Taliban, and defected over to them and was used as a propaganda tool for 5 years.

This whole bullshit thing with his family disturbs the living hell out of me. If his old man isn't a Taliban sympathizer, I don't know what one looks like.

This whole thing screams "what the hell????"

I just watched an interview with two soldiers who served with this ass clown. According to one of the soldiers (his last name is Full) and he says that he knew this clown was up to something because he sent all his possessions home directly before he walked off. Additionally, he was NOT on a patrol - he simply walked away - essentially deserting his post and his unit.

UCMJ action should be forthcoming (but I don't expect much from it - too many Nazi Congressmen and Senators) and he will most likely receive a dishonorable discharge.

The BIGGER point to be made here is the five Taliban members that were traded for his worthless ass. 2010 NID Clapper stated they were "the worst of the worst". Now, two years later - they are just regular guys and they promise to be good.

This SCREAMS impeachment for this Taliban loving "president" of the United States. This man needs to be in prison for his actions while president.

Give up the half breed thing. it can be hurtful.

Uh no. I am black. You (most likely) are white. Both parents black. Both parents white. One black parent and one white parent equals a half breed.

Never bothered me to be called "******". He, I'm sure, is used to being called "half-breed".

That is reprehensible. My niece was not a "half breed", she was my niece.:mad:
My kids are half breeds and I don't think they take offense to the term. But then again, they aren't hung up on race like a lot of do-good, holier then thou, PC, liberals

Nope, it places your lack of cred in the lime light.

95% of America disagrees with you cretins to the far right.

Righteously so.

Really now? You have very little if no cred here, and you're talking down to someone?

Jake? Hello?

Real America does not tolerate the far right, TK: yes, it's on the bottom with no cred. We have seen that in this thread.

Heh, and you know what "Real America" is.

Then you should be familiar with Article 85 of the UCMJ then.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](a) Any member of the armed forces who--[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another on of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States;[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is guilty of desertion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.[/FONT]

Bergdahl is also guilty of treason:

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Obama may also be guilty of treason by releasing known enemy assets back to the enemy. That constitutes giving "comfort" to the enemy during an ongoing conflict. I know, I know, you'll suggest that there needs to be "intent that such comfort be used by or for the enemy." But I contend that intent not be needed for this to be treason. By making a deal with the enemy, by giving them 5 of their most dangerous members during a time of war, you have committed treason.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back