Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Not true. Rob Walton is the CEO of the company. Most of the others have positions with other companies. They are all on the Walton Family Foundation's board of directors.

Of course it isn't true. Lefties lie, it's what they do.

Rob Walton isn't ceo moron.

You might want to start thinking about starting a sock account and never post as"Brain" again

You're right. He was Chairman of the Board of Directors of WalMart until this year, at which point I believe he retired.

For purposes of this discussion, though, it's not a huge difference, since the point was that he certainly did work in re: WalMart. And he is involved in the Walton Family Foundation still.

Yes I am. No Waltons currently hold positions with the company.

Not true. Rob Walton is the CEO of the company. Most of the others have positions with other companies. They are all on the Walton Family Foundation's board of directors.

You might want to start thinking about starting a sock account and never post as"Brain" again

How about "Brian 753"

You are the one who was wrong.

What's laughable is that liberals cannot comprehend that absolutely nobody is required to buy anything from Walmart. In second place is their failure to comprehend that nobody is compelled to work for Walmart.

But still they quietly shop there because liberals are, above all else, cheap bastards who want to pay the least possible.

The problem is that Walmart type jobs are mostly all we have now with the decline in unions. Walmart is the largest private employer in the country after all.

Yeah, it's not a lack of unions that caused that problem. It's too much union activity, as well as too much government meddling, that left us with a retail-and-service-job economy, and all the manufacturing overseas.

Unions are in decline because so many people have seen what useless, vestigial organizations they are.

Useless? Funny how wages are stagnant as unions decline. Not so useless after all.

Wal-Mart as 1,000,000 employees. Paying them all an extra $1.00/hr means an additional $20 billion in payroll costs. That's more than their entire profit for the year.

I realize you won't get this because math is hard for leftwing turds.

How many employees they have on welfare?

What difference does that make?

Well we are talking about getting people off welfare. I assume all million employees aren't on welfare. Pretty sure 7.1 billion would be enough incentive to get every Walmart employee off welfare.

In other words, you want to pay people who've only been there a month the same as people who've been there 10 years. Yeah, that will go over great with their loyal experienced employees.

So it takes ten years to make enough to not be on welfare?

It does, indeed, take time and work to achieve a level of income above the poverty line, time and work that is supposed to be put in before one is in one's thirties with a family to support.

What's laughable is that liberals cannot comprehend that absolutely nobody is required to buy anything from Walmart. In second place is their failure to comprehend that nobody is compelled to work for Walmart.

But still they quietly shop there because liberals are, above all else, cheap bastards who want to pay the least possible.

The problem is that Walmart type jobs are mostly all we have now with the decline in unions. Walmart is the largest private employer in the country after all.

Yeah, it's not a lack of unions that caused that problem. It's too much union activity, as well as too much government meddling, that left us with a retail-and-service-job economy, and all the manufacturing overseas.

Unions are in decline because so many people have seen what useless, vestigial organizations they are.

Useless? Funny how wages are stagnant as unions decline. Not so useless after all.

Correlation is not causation. A fact that lefties have to be reminded of multiple times a day, for some reason.

You're right. He was Chairman of the Board of Directors of WalMart until this year, at which point I believe he retired.

For purposes of this discussion, though, it's not a huge difference, since the point was that he certainly did work in re: WalMart. And he is involved in the Walton Family Foundation still.

Ahhh, so now we're supposed to excoriate them because they got old and retired? Or somehow be impressed by your ability to parse words in order to ignore that all of the living Walton children DID work for WalMart?

Correlation is not causation. A fact that lefties have to be reminded of multiple times a day, for some reason.

It's not just a coincidence. No country without Unions has a strong middle class.

Ahhh, so now we're supposed to excoriate them because they got old and retired? Or somehow be impressed by your ability to parse words in order to ignore that all of the living Walton children DID work for WalMart?

From the start I said none hold positions with the company. None have ever been ceo. Being a board member isn't even a full time job.

From the start I said none hold positions with the company. None have ever been ceo. Being a board member isn't even a full time job.

From the start, you have operated from the premise that the Walton family sits back and sucks off of helpless, enslaved employees while doing nothing themselves. Word-parsing, in other words. You've expected to carry your argument of disdain and abuse toward the family on a pretense based on a situation that only pertains right now.

Sorry, Charlie, but their history counts, and so does the history of this thread.

When this nation was great, we would see a rich man and think; someday that's going to be me. That kind of thinking made us the greatest and most powerful nation on earth. Now most people look at a rich man and think; we need to take his money away. That kind of thinking has been instrumental in our decline.

That sounds real nice, but that was when we had strong unions and more opportunities. Now wages are stagnant.

LOL, unions provided "opportunities?" That's classic

For good wages yes.

How did they do that? Unions don't hire anyone.

To anyone not wearing blinders, Unions are in decline because the companies that employ union workers are not competitive, and they tend to go out of business. Remember when the U.S. had a viable steel industry? Heavy manufacturing? Now, most of that has been lost to overseas competition because their workers would rather be unemployed from their job with great pay and benefits, than working at market pay and benefits. As a Pittsburgher I remember that YEARS after the mills shut down (with a few exceptions), their former employees were still saying they were holding on until the mill re-started. Right.

Lib's have great difficulty recognizing the simplest facts of employment, to wit:

--> For every single WalMart employee, that job is the BEST OPTION THEY HAVE - unless they are stupid. If there were a better job to go to, they would go to it. But WalMart's employee turnover rate is much lower than comparable employers. There must be a good reason for that.

--> WalMart almost always gets to choose among countless applicants because they generally offer the best pay and benefits in their immediate geographical area, for people with minimal skills.

--> WalMart is successful because they offer the best value of the discount marketers. They do this by squeezing their vendors and paying their people no more than necessary. In other words, they do what everyone else is trying to do, only better.

--> As a general proposition, the only places where union labor can succeed is where it is either propped up by Government, works for Government, or is protected by virtue of being a public utility. Unions have one hell of a time succeeding in any competitive segment of the economy.

And before you ask, "But what about GM?" remind yourself that Unions drove GM into bankruptcy, and it was only a HUGE government bailout that saved those jobs, along with the Government screwing all GM's creditors (removing a mountain of debt).

From the start, you have operated from the premise that the Walton family sits back and sucks off of helpless, enslaved employees while doing nothing themselves. Word-parsing, in other words. You've expected to carry your argument of disdain and abuse toward the family on a pretense based on a situation that only pertains right now.

Sorry, Charlie, but their history counts, and so does the history of this thread.

That doesn't change what I have been saying. None of the waltons hold a position with the company. At most they have been part timers at one time or another. I do not dislike them at all.

When this nation was great, we would see a rich man and think; someday that's going to be me. That kind of thinking made us the greatest and most powerful nation on earth. Now most people look at a rich man and think; we need to take his money away. That kind of thinking has been instrumental in our decline.

That sounds real nice, but that was when we had strong unions and more opportunities. Now wages are stagnant.

For good wages yes.

They make sure employees get good wages.

For good wages yes.

You said they provide "opportunities" for good wages. Companies do that, unions don't

For good wages yes.

You said they provide "opportunities" for good wages. Companies do that, unions don't

Without unions opportunities have dwindled. Wages are stagnant.

For good wages yes.

Since unions don't provide any opportunities, if that's true, maybe it has nothing to do with unions, ya think, Holmes?

For good wages yes.

Since unions don't provide any opportunities, if that's true, maybe it has nothing to do with unions, ya think, Holmes?

I think we wouldn't have a middle class without unions. There is a reason every country with a strong middle class has unions.

Ah, I see the Borg cube has arrived to deliver its weekly indoctrination! They're so cute when they :huddle: to reassure each other. "Liberals lie...that's what they do...can I get an 'Amen'?" :lmao:

I think we wouldn't have a middle class without unions. There is a reason every country with a strong middle class has unions.
It's amazing how little they know of their own history.

They'll now do a 12-page riff on "Unionz Evul!!!!"

Saw this at Walmart....

12183953_681898685280325_1875880828917452476_o.jpg

No, you didn't. You found the image online, the same way I found this one:

10292551_10153554957073327_392384900637732866_n.jpg

Of course, you probably don't understand the origins of the game, either...

Forum List

Back