Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

When this nation was great, we would see a rich man and think; someday that's going to be me. That kind of thinking made us the greatest and most powerful nation on earth. Now most people look at a rich man and think; we need to take his money away. That kind of thinking has been instrumental in our decline.

That sounds real nice, but that was when we had strong unions and more opportunities. Now wages are stagnant.

LOL, unions provided "opportunities?" That's classic

For good wages yes.

How did they do that? Unions don't hire anyone.

They make sure employees get good wages.

They blackmail companies into spending far more for labor than it's worth, while causing untold damage to the community at large . . . which is why they're so out-of-favor. Not only that, they hobble and enslave their own members far more than the employers would ever dream of doing.

You said they provide "opportunities" for good wages. Companies do that, unions don't

Without unions opportunities have dwindled. Wages are stagnant.

Since unions don't provide any opportunities, if that's true, maybe it has nothing to do with unions, ya think, Holmes?

I think we wouldn't have a middle class without unions. There is a reason every country with a strong middle class has unions.

More correlation without proving causation.

That sounds real nice, but that was when we had strong unions and more opportunities. Now wages are stagnant.

For good wages yes.

They blackmail companies into spending far more for labor than it's worth, while causing untold damage to the community at large . . . which is why they're so out-of-favor. Not only that, they hobble and enslave their own members far more than the employers would ever dream of doing.

I have had many family members who were happy Union members with good jobs. What you are claiming is bull. Without them we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality and a slow economy.

You said they provide "opportunities" for good wages. Companies do that, unions don't

Since unions don't provide any opportunities, if that's true, maybe it has nothing to do with unions, ya think, Holmes?

I think we wouldn't have a middle class without unions. There is a reason every country with a strong middle class has unions.

More correlation without proving causation.

Ignore the obvious if you want, just makes you look dumb.

For good wages yes.

I have had many family members who were happy Union members with good jobs. What you are claiming is bull. Without them we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality and a slow economy.

Good to know the bullies are happy with being bullies. Doesn't change a single thing I said.

And there is no amount of, "They exist at the same time, so THIS one caused THAT one!" that you can scream that's going to make it true.

For good wages yes.

Good to know the bullies are happy with being bullies. Doesn't change a single thing I said.

And there is no amount of, "They exist at the same time, so THIS one caused THAT one!" that you can scream that's going to make it true.

We an see the results of the republican war on unions. It isn't pretty. The facts show you are wrong.

For good wages yes.

uh-oh; the Left is blaming their own failures on others again

YAWN

We an see the results of the republican war on unions. It isn't pretty. The facts show you are wrong.

EVER NOTICE Republicans always seem to be in charge?
listening to, and reading the posts of left-wing nutjobs you cant help but get the impression the Left thinks Republican "evil" is stronger then the good intentions of Progressives who consider themselves much smarter than the mean ol "greedy" Republicans

idiots and hypocrites

The problem is that Walmart type jobs are mostly all we have now with the decline in unions. Walmart is the largest private employer in the country after all.

What I'd really enjoy seeing would be Walmart, instead of offering "Black Friday" deals, laid everyone off and closed for the holidays. Surely it would be liberals who cried most.....don't you agree?

listening to, and reading the posts of left-wing nutjobs you cant help but get the impression the Left thinks Republican "evil" is stronger then the good intentions of Progressives who consider themselves much smarter than the mean ol "greedy" Republicans

idiots and hypocrites

The republicans are the ones who have been preaching against unions. They got what they wanted. Now we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality, and slow economy.

The problem is that Walmart type jobs are mostly all we have now with the decline in unions. Walmart is the largest private employer in the country after all.

What I'd really enjoy seeing would be Walmart, instead of offering "Black Friday" deals, laid everyone off and closed for the holidays. Surely it would be liberals who cried most.....don't you agree?

The other stores sure would be happy.

idiots and hypocrites

The republicans are the ones who have been preaching against unions. They got what they wanted. Now we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality, and slow economy.

because those can be the only reasons for stagnant wages, "out of control inequalilty" and a slow economy.

it figures an idiot left-winger actually uses a screename of "brain" and posts only myopic stupidity

idiots and hypocrites

because those can be the only reasons for stagnant wages, "out of control inequalilty" and a slow economy.

it figures an idiot left-winger actually uses a screename of "brain" and posts only myopic stupidity

First I'm an independant. Second please share what you think the issue is.

Well, if you don't think so that's fact, I concede. Thank you for clarifying that. Obviously no one could do middle class on their own, they need it done for them

Well, if you don't think so that's fact, I concede. Thank you for clarifying that. Obviously no one could do middle class on their own, they need it done for them

Well what country has a strong middle class without unions?

For good wages yes.

Why couldn't they make it on their own? Why did they need a union to negotiate their wages for them?

idiots and hypocrites

Why can't Republicans get someone who doesn't suck to be in charge?

For good wages yes.

Why couldn't they make it on their own? Why did they need a union to negotiate their wages for them?

With stagnant wages you could ask that of most people.

the United States before we had unions

With stagnant wages you could ask that of most people.

The rise of leftism was completely consistent with 'stagnant wages.' The more you wanted pay without performance, the more wages stalled

Forum List

Back