Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Yes they are. The government is providing for their employees. My tax dollars subsidize the Waltons who make billions.

No, you are blatantly lying.

SNAP is given to people who make low wages and have passels of children. Walmart is not impregnating women nor is it prohibiting people from finishing high school. It merely offers and a job that requires no skill, which the lowest segments of society are drawn to.

Yes they are. The government is providing for their employees. My tax dollars subsidize the Waltons who make billions.

SNAP is given to people who make low wages and have passels of children. Walmart is not impregnating women nor is it prohibiting people from finishing high school. It merely offers and a job that requires no skill, which the lowest segments of society are drawn to.

And without that job the Waltons make nothing. So they should be providing for their employees, not the tax payer.

Conservatives dream of being the next Walton's; progressives dream of reading at their 2 year ago grade level, making minimum wage and collecting on their ebt cards

And without that job the Waltons make nothing. So they should be providing for their employees, not the tax payer.

What a foolish bit of idiocy you promote.

If a person does not take the job, there are a hundred more willing to. This is the Obama economy, jobs are VERY scarce. IF many people don't want the job, then Walmart will have no choice but to increase wages.

IF you want the wages to increase, simply convince people to refuse the jobs are what Walmart is offering.

Working for Walmart entails stocking shelves? running a cash register? Starting out there?
A monkey can do that type of work, it is not worth more than 6-7 an hour.

More time in and responsibility = more pay...

They provide their employees what their labor is worth. They're not obligated to provide anything else.

If you don't want to give people tax money, then stop. But that's a separate issue.

Working for Walmart entails stocking shelves? running a cash register? Starting out there?
A monkey can do that type of work, it is not worth more than 6-7 an hour.

More time in and responsibility = more pay...

Noticeably, the employees of WalMart who do other, more skilled labor get paid quite a bit more.

Riiiight. You drew a comparison between them because you weren't saying they were alike.

They're similar in that one passes some of its tax burden on to you the middle-class taxpayer, whereas the other passes all of its tax burden on to you the middle-class taxpayer.

They're different in that one suffered a $14.7 billion loss the other week and has suffered similar losses in the past, whereas the other consistently shows profit and growth.

The post got your attention because you've persistently blown off any comparison between Walmart and similar corporate entities as not of interest to you, not unlike the manner in which Sanders' original statement got stuck in the brains of the literal-minded where a statement just mentioning raw numbers would have gone right over your pointy little heads.

Here's a challenge for you (which you will also blow off with your characteristic Good Christian snideness): Find a parallel to Walmart, a corporation that follows the identical business model but persistently loses markets and revenue.

I fully expect you to misunderstand what I'm asking and do your little "the people who work there can't do anything else and they should be grateful anyone will hire them" speech.

Surprise me.

When one family owns more wealth then the bottom 40% of america, there is a problem. This isn't envy.

the problem is you are a stupid liberal who has nothing to sell as valuable as what Walmart does. If you did you would not be an envious liberal thief, you'd be rich and you'd be enriching America the way Walmart does!!

Do you understand?

They provide their employees what their labor is worth. They're not obligated to provide anything else.

If you don't want to give people tax money, then stop. But that's a separate issue.

The labor makes them billions so it seems to be worth quite a lot. It makes me nothing so my tax dollars should not subsidize it.

Forum List

Back