Biden gang shuts down the largest producer of baby formula in the US causing a national crisis

It depends. A relative's work was the subject of a nationwide recall. It took them awhile to figure it out as what they thought was the problem wasn't. Turned out it was something deep inside one the machines that was holding product in a place where it normally wouldn't be that was feeding the contamination as it wasn't getting cleaned out in the normal cleaning cycle. IIRC they said there was a crack the product was seeping into where the bacteria set up.

The thing is 4 sick kids and 2 deaths is a tragedy, but with a contamination problem worthy of an entire plant shutdown, you would think there would be more attributable illnesses if the plant as a whole was indeed the source of the contamination.

Now you have a risk of panic and over-reaction.

If say 12 infants die due to car accidents caused by parents frantically searching for formula caused by the shutdown, which deaths matter more?

Welcome to risk analysis.

The thing is they didn't link the contamination found at the plant with the bacteria that killed the kids. I agree caution is needed here, but if this is a large part of the US supply, the FDA should have not only shut things down, but pushed the cleanup. Instead it probably got circular filed somewhere.
The FDA published rules concerning sanitation. It's not their job to do the cleanup. That's the company's job.

Trust your Gov. LOL they love you so much they take care of you in ways you can’t even see bahhahahahaha.
Is this really the hill you want to die on?? This is from your link….

In February, the FDA warned parents not to use certain popular powdered infant formulas manufactured at Abbott’s Sturgis plant after receiving four reports of infants who were hospitalized with bacterial infections after consuming formula from the facility. Two of the infants died.

Abbott subsequently issued a recall of all potentially affected products manufactured at the facility and the FDA later shut down the plant after federal safety inspectors found Abbott failed to maintain sanitary conditions and procedures at the facility.

The FDA published rules concerning sanitation. It's not their job to do the cleanup. That's the company's job.

The cleanup is the companies job, the FDA's job is to make it clear on what needs to be done to meet the violation, and the FDA like any other government agency is fond of just saying "fix it" instead of saying how it wants it fixed, and what it means by fixed.

Xiden and the dembot gang is intentionally causing a massive crisis, driving up cost, hurting babies

I think most people would expect them to shut down a plant linked to four sicknesses and two deaths until they found the cause and fixed it. I don't understand where they are in the root cause and remediation phase so have no idea if something abnormal is going on or not.

I think most people would expect them to shut down a plant linked to four sicknesses and two deaths until they found the cause and fixed it. I don't understand where they are in the root cause and remediation phase so have no idea if something abnormal is going on or not.

The question is how strong is the link? How many infants had formula from the plant during the period the 4 kids got sick, and the two died?

What the feds found may not be related to the kids getting sick.

If it's 10,000 kids, then the 4/2 number may be an issue, if it's 1,000,000 kids, then it may be correlation, not causation.

Is this really the hill you want to die on?? This is from your link….

In February, the FDA warned parents not to use certain popular powdered infant formulas manufactured at Abbott’s Sturgis plant after receiving four reports of infants who were hospitalized with bacterial infections after consuming formula from the facility. Two of the infants died.

Abbott subsequently issued a recall of all potentially affected products manufactured at the facility and the FDA later shut down the plant after federal safety inspectors found Abbott failed to maintain sanitary conditions and procedures at the facility.

^^^Look at the pro-abort pretending to care about dead babies.

The cleanup is the companies job, the FDA's job is to make it clear on what needs to be done to meet the violation, and the FDA like any other government agency is fond of just saying "fix it" instead of saying how it wants it fixed, and what it means by fixed.
This isn't something new. Those sanitation requirements have been clear and well known for a long time.

This isn't something new. Those sanitation requirements have been clear and well known for a long time.

What I want to know is what the violations were. Were they physical violations or paperwork issues?

I also want to know how many servings have gone out during the period when the 4 kids got sick, and the two died. Depending on that number it could be correlation, not causation.

The fact that some bacteria found at the plant didn't match the ones the kids got sick from furthers the mystery.

^^^Look at the pro-abort pretending to care about dead babies.
Did you look? Any thoughts on what I actually posted? Two dead babies, factory that isn’t passing health and safety standards. You want to fight to keep it open before it passes?

What I want to know is what the violations were. Were they physical violations or paperwork issues?

I also want to know how many servings have gone out during the period when the 4 kids got sick, and the two died. Depending on that number it could be correlation, not causation.

The fact that some bacteria found at the plant didn't match the ones the kids got sick from furthers the mystery.
I'm sure all that information is available somewhere. I'm just not interested enough to track it down, You are certainly free to make that search though. Let me know what you find.

Trust your Gov. LOL they love you so much they take care of you in ways you can’t even see bahhahahahaha.

Let's see. If the company is selling formula that has life threatening bacteria in it and it's shut down by the FDA while a DEM is president then that's a tragedy. But the death of a bunch of children poisoned it is fine as long as none were involved in an abortion.

The thing is 4 sick kids and 2 deaths is a tragedy, but with a contamination problem worthy of an entire plant shutdown, you would think there would be more attributable illnesses if the plant as a whole was indeed the source of the contamination.

Now you have a risk of panic and over-reaction.

If say 12 infants die due to car accidents caused by parents frantically searching for formula caused by the shutdown, which deaths matter more?

Welcome to risk analysis.

I sure as hell hope that you job does not include risk analysis, because you are clueless about it

I sure as hell hope that you job does not include risk analysis, because you are clueless about it

Best response you got?

Why are the first deaths more important by say a factor of 4 than the theoretical 2nd set of deaths?

Best response you got?

Why are the first deaths more important by say a factor of 4 than the theoretical 2nd set of deaths?

Because your theoretical 2nd set of deaths is fucking stupid. Is there a history of mothers crashing on the way to buy formula?

If the FDA had not done this and a few more babies had died you all would be losing your shit attacking the FDA.

You should read the entire report

The bacteria that killed the child was not found in any unopened bottles of formula

But it was found in a bottle of distilled water used to mix the formula

Because your theoretical 2nd set of deaths is fucking stupid. Is there a history of mothers crashing on the way to buy formula?

If the FDA had not done this and a few more babies had died you all would be losing your shit attacking the FDA.

And if the deaths turn out to be unrelated to the issues at the factory, then panic has been created for nothing.

How about instead of car crashes, mother suicides due to not being able to get formula?

Forum List

Back