Biden IRS to crack down on....waiters and waitresses...

So much for "millionaires and billionaires"...it's the people making $3.10 an hour that need the IRS breathing down their necks...

Gotta reduce the debt....you didn't think that army of new IRS Agents were coming after Biden's unclaimed cash from Hunter or Pelosi's Insider Trading dough, did you?

Gifts?

You give gifts to your family. Your girlfriends...whatever.

Tips are for services rendered and it's in lieu of SALARY you dope

No moron, tips means To Insure Prompt Service. It's something people give on their own meaning it's not earned income. It's extra on top of their earned income.

Years ago when I delivered pizza I got tips. I made sure those people that tipped me got their pizza first even if I had to go out of my way to do it. They didn't have to give me anything but the price of the pizza, they gave it to me to help insure they got a hot pizza (or as hot as it could be). At the time we didn't have those insulated bags like they do today.

Better read what I'm saying - I don't give a shit if you make 30k or 30 million . If you are hiding taxable income you need a visit from the tax man. Period.

Lower income people are not exempt from having to follow the laws.

The laws and the attitude here are part of the issue.

Biden ran on making the "rich pay their fair share". No, Biden and the Democrats never passed any law that would make them do that. So far they have gone after those making a few bucks selling something on the side and now it seems waitresses.

It also states that participating employers would provide the IRS with annual reports, would receive protection from liability related to "rules that define tips as part of an employee's pay" and would have the flexibility to implant internal tip reporting procedures "in accordance with the section of the tax law that requires employees to report tips to their employers."

It even gives employers a free pass. You do realize that if the employee's have to pay taxes on the tips so do the employers but note the wording........the employer would get protection from liability.

I simply can not fathom how it is Democrats are supporting what this administration is doing here.

What else would you call forcibly taking part of your hard-earned money, by the threat of imprisonment or worse? The government did nothing to create that wealth, you did that yourself.

December 24 2017
President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier.

The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000, and some of the most affluent members of society have the opportunity to interact with the president in a setting while many Americans cannot.

December 24 2017
President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier.

The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000, and some of the most affluent members of society have the opportunity to interact with the president in a setting while many Americans cannot.

And this is Biden telling Waitresses "You are about to get a lot poorer".

Acrually, you couldn’t be more wrong

We function as a society and we are stronger as a society than as individuals acting on every man for himself

Taxes make that possible

If that's the way you feel, what about the fact nearly half our population pays no federal income tax at all?

December 24 2017

So who's reporting that?

So much for "millionaires and billionaires"...it's the people making $3.10 an hour that need the IRS breathing down their necks...

The IRS does not even have the manpower to do their job now, there is no way they are able to track something like tips.

Don't give a shit what someone said.

IRS has a job to do and needs adequate staffing to do it. If those IRS agents are putting in good days work making sure people pay taxes due, they are well employed as far as my concern.

I see. So your leaders lied to and continue to lie to you putting us another 80 billion in debt and you're just fine with that. No wonder our country is in so much trouble.

That's what FOX claims.

The OP and author are FOS.
"Those 87,000 new IRS agents that you were promised would only target the rich," tweeted Mike Palicz, federal affairs manager at Americans for Tax Reform. "They're coming after waitresses' tips now."

Since creating Americans for Tax Reform at Ronald Reagan’s behest back in 1985, Norquist has been responsible more than anyone else for rewriting the dogma of the Republican Party.

GROVER NORQUIST?

As a nonprofit organization, Americans for Tax Reform is not required to disclose the identity of its contributors. Critics, have asked Norquist to disclose his contributors; he has declined but has said that ATR is financed by direct mail and other grassroots fundraising efforts. According to CBS News, "a significant portion appears to come from wealthy individuals, foundations and corporate interests."

Of course not, that's where corporations united came from.

The rule proposal comes years after the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) published a report that found the IRS often provided tip income audit protection to noncompliant employers and employees. An estimated 30% of employers with tip reporting agreements hadn't reported tips worth almost $1.7 billion, according to the report.

"One of the problems identified by TIGTA is that the IRS rarely revokes tip reporting agreements, resulting in continued tip income audit protection for noncompliant employers, and in some cases, their employees," the IRS said in a notice published Monday.

"TIGTA recommended that the IRS train its employees on specific criteria for revoking tip reporting agreements with noncompliant taxpayers."

MORE scare tactics by republicans.

That's what FOX claims.

No, it is what I am claiming

The OP and author are FOS.
"Those 87,000 new IRS agents that you were promised would only target the rich," tweeted Mike Palicz, federal affairs manager at Americans for Tax Reform. "They're coming after waitresses' tips now."

Since creating Americans for Tax Reform at Ronald Reagan’s behest back in 1985, Norquist has been responsible more than anyone else for rewriting the dogma of the Republican Party.

GROVER NORQUIST?

As a nonprofit organization, Americans for Tax Reform is not required to disclose the identity of its contributors. Critics, have asked Norquist to disclose his contributors; he has declined but has said that ATR is financed by direct mail and other grassroots fundraising efforts. According to CBS News, "a significant portion appears to come from wealthy individuals, foundations and corporate interests."

Of course not, that's where corporations united came from.

The rule proposal comes years after the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) published a report that found the IRS often provided tip income audit protection to noncompliant employers and employees. An estimated 30% of employers with tip reporting agreements hadn't reported tips worth almost $1.7 billion, according to the report.

"One of the problems identified by TIGTA is that the IRS rarely revokes tip reporting agreements, resulting in continued tip income audit protection for noncompliant employers, and in some cases, their employees," the IRS said in a notice published Monday.

"TIGTA recommended that the IRS train its employees on specific criteria for revoking tip reporting agreements with noncompliant taxpayers."

MORE scare tactics by republicans.

Where are the new taxes on the rich? We have seen Biden go after waitresses and people making a few bucks on the side.

How can you defend that?

The IRS is so far behind they have not even processed my 2021 tax return yet and you think they will be able to follow something as esoteric as tips?

The IRS is so far behind they have not even processed my 2021 tax return yet and you think they will be able to follow something as esoteric as tips?

They want to monitor any transaction you make over $600.00 with your bank and track taxes when you purchase things online. We don't need to spend 80 billion dollars for this.

They want to monitor any transaction you make over $600.00 with your bank and track taxes when you purchase things online. We don't need to spend 80 billion dollars for this.

They want to do a lot of things, they rarely do any of them

And if someone gets their income via an online source they should damn well pay taxes on it just like I have to pay taxes on my income.

Forum List

Back