Biden on forgiving student loan debt

The stuttering fuck

now that is not nice to say... funny yes, nice no

:meow:
Funny why?

Because it is an exaggeration of reality. That is always the best comedy.
Funny to make fun of a persons disability... Yeah man, freakin hilarious

lighten up Leon, I did not say it, I simply acknowledged that it was funny.

I like Good Ole' stutterin' Joe.

We can't all be perfect like me. :hhello:

So if raising prices by forgiving loans is bad why isn't raising prices by low rates?
Who said it wasn't? Somewhat higher prices are one result of lower rates. But the lower rates are a symptom of a bigger problem. To wit: Americans dont have any gotdam money to buy shit.
Deficits no longer cause rates to rise, as we just witnessed for four years as the econ expanded before covid, so I don't see debt forgivenss as inflationary, although there are other reasons to not forgive it.

And I don't see why low rates would cause prices to rise .... unless the low rates spurred consumer consumption to cause demand to outstrip supply. And that is not happening .... unless we'd applied the tax cut to consumers rather than those with money to invest

U.S. House Prices Expected to Rise 5.7% More in 2021
But you are drawing a cause effect correlation. And 1 there was a drop in sales previously, so now there are more sales and refi's, and 2 there's nothing to show whether the reason for increased prices is due to people buying bigger houses because low rates keep payments low

RIght, low rates have nothing to do with rising home prices. (insert rollyeyes here)

So if raising prices by forgiving loans is bad why isn't raising prices by low rates?
Who said it wasn't? Somewhat higher prices are one result of lower rates. But the lower rates are a symptom of a bigger problem. To wit: Americans dont have any gotdam money to buy shit.
Deficits no longer cause rates to rise, as we just witnessed for four years as the econ expanded before covid, so I don't see debt forgivenss as inflationary, although there are other reasons to not forgive it.

And I don't see why low rates would cause prices to rise .... unless the low rates spurred consumer consumption to cause demand to outstrip supply. And that is not happening .... unless we'd applied the tax cut to consumers rather than those with money to invest

But you are drawing a cause effect correlation. And 1 there was a drop in sales previously, so now there are more sales and refi's, and 2 there's nothing to show whether the reason for increased prices is due to people buying bigger houses because low rates keep payments low

RIght, low rates have nothing to do with rising home prices. (insert rollyeyes here)
Well, cute. But the cost of a home is the cost of the mortgage. ITS HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUY THE HOME. Lower rates actually make the home less expensive in terms of how much house one dollar buys.

Pretty amazing that a senile old timer whooped Trump so bad huh?

Why are you calling Dominion a "senile old timer"? That doesn't make sense.

What's more amazing is that your stuttering fuck has murdered 80,000+ Americans with his Kung Flu.

Say their names you filthy fucking animal.

Pretty amazing that a senile old timer whooped Trump so bad huh?

Why are you calling Dominion a "senile old timer"? That doesn't make sense.

What's more amazing is that your stuttering fuck has murdered 80,000+ Americans with his Kung Flu.

Say their names you filthy fucking animal.
go back to your playpen child, its too early for your nonsense, let me enjoy my coffee in peace

Well, cute. But the cost of a home is the cost of the mortgage. ITS HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUY THE HOME. Lower rates actually make the home less expensive in terms of how much house one dollar buys.

Spin it however you want. Forgiving college loans simply makes an education less expensive.

What do you all think of Bidens answer to this question?

Just one more thing that Biden promised to get elected and now he's walking away from.

I missed his promise, can you post the quote or statement? I can't find it

He promised a $10,000 reduction in student loan debt. Now he's saying he doesn't know if he has the authority to do that.

He doesn't but that doesn't mean it won't get done.

Spin it however you want. Forgiving college loans simply makes an education less expensive.
It actually will make an education more expensive but that's because government will be paying for it instead of private individuals. That's been the trend for the last forty years.

It actually will make an education more expensive but that's because government will be paying for it instead of private individuals. That's been the trend for the last forty years.

Just like low rates makes houses more expensive.

And who does everyone thing will be picking up the tab??

Why we tax payers of course.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?
Higher taxes. As the debt grows, so do the interest payments, and so does the need for additional tax revenue.

Other first world.countries manage to provide public tuition (government pays, no loans required) at lower cost. And it is no coincidence that their populations are more highly educated. So while there is some truth to what you say, there is also a profiit motive at every stage on both ends that is allowed to operate virtually unchecked.

What do you all think of Bidens answer to this question?

Just one more thing that Biden promised to get elected and now he's walking away from.

I missed his promise, can you post the quote or statement? I can't find it

He promised a $10,000 reduction in student loan debt. Now he's saying he doesn't know if he has the authority to do that.

Huh? The majority of things Presidents campaign on they don't have the authority to do. POTUS doesn't legislate, congress does. Presidents can set an agenda and promote policy ideas but they can't legislate it. So what exactly is your critique here?

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?
Higher taxes. As the debt grows, so do the interest payments, and so does the need for additional tax revenue.
The main problem is the US govt. is only paying the interest and not the interest and the debt.

Just like low rates makes houses more expensive.
Thats a disengenuous argument... Low rates don't have a direct effect on housing prices. Low rates increase demand because more people will borrow. The increased demand is what drives prices up but that also means more people are buying homes, which is a good thing right?

The main problem is the US govt. is only paying the interest and not the interest and the debt.
And only while the loan is deferred. Outside of that period, it's on. 4-6 years average deferment, and then 10-30 years of repayment.

Can you show the linkage? The debt and deficit went up at record levels under Trump and they cut taxes.

And only while the loan is deferred. Outside of that period, it's on. 4-6 years average deferment, and then 10-30 years of repayment.
Yes, I noticed during Trump they elongated it to thirty years, how in the hell do you know what the inflation rate with be in thirty years to make it worth it? Plus the fact that the debt has tripled by then.

How exactly does the US Govt. pay the debt back? Who are they paying and when are payments due? Can you give a practical example?

Forum List

Back