Biden on forgiving student loan debt

I hope he doesn’t. It will just promote schools to charge more.
If you want to solve that issue then stop guaranteeing student loan debt. A student who gets a business degree is a lot more likely to pay off debts than one who gets a degree in music and ends up working at Burger King. Paying $100k for a degree in music is nuts but its even more nuts if you take out $100k worth of debt to pay for it. Colleges charge it because of Gov't approved loans. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

It's NOT your place to decide what is nuts for others. There are many who would choose a life of music even if it meant taking longer to pay off their loans than a corrupt life as a stock broker.

I would miss fewer in music than I ever would in finance. Finance has cost the taxpayers trillions at that.

Go study music! Just don't expect me to pay off the debt you accrued to do it.

When are you going to start paying off our $28 trillion in debt?
We are doing it right now. You aren't as you're retired.

It's growing.....it is not being paid off.
I am paying what I am required to pay. What specifically would you like me to do?

Stop your bitching about people not paying all their debt when you and few others are paying off their debt.
Why? It is a legitimate complaint. I believe our policies are not holding people accountable. Just because we have done so in the past doesn't mean we should continue to do so going forward.

As long as we are not going to hold the millionaires accountable I'm going to advocate for the "little guy". Stop the billions the markets are getting and I'll stop arguing for those with student loans.
I agree. We should hold ALL accountable. Why do you have an issue with that?

Easy to get loans inspires colleges to increase prices...
That is precisely the case and now professors are paid ridiculous sums for teaching a few classes.

Also stop with the vast generalizations. What you are doing would be me pointing out that Tom Brady got a millions dollars so all business got millions of dollars.

SOme professors get paid very well. Many others do not.
TB-12 pays for himself. False conflation.

Tom Brady’s business getting near $1 million PPP loan is shameful

If you want to solve that issue then stop guaranteeing student loan debt. A student who gets a business degree is a lot more likely to pay off debts than one who gets a degree in music and ends up working at Burger King. Paying $100k for a degree in music is nuts but its even more nuts if you take out $100k worth of debt to pay for it. Colleges charge it because of Gov't approved loans. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

It's NOT your place to decide what is nuts for others. There are many who would choose a life of music even if it meant taking longer to pay off their loans than a corrupt life as a stock broker.

I would miss fewer in music than I ever would in finance. Finance has cost the taxpayers trillions at that.

I am paying what I am required to pay. What specifically would you like me to do?

Stop your bitching about people not paying all their debt when you and few others are paying off their debt.
Why? It is a legitimate complaint. I believe our policies are not holding people accountable. Just because we have done so in the past doesn't mean we should continue to do so going forward.

As long as we are not going to hold the millionaires accountable I'm going to advocate for the "little guy". Stop the billions the markets are getting and I'll stop arguing for those with student loans.

We will never do it. As I said.........stop the pumping and I'll stop advocating to excuse loans.

That is precisely the case and now professors are paid ridiculous sums for teaching a few classes.

Also stop with the vast generalizations. What you are doing would be me pointing out that Tom Brady got a millions dollars so all business got millions of dollars.

PPP loans don't have a guarantor or owner criteria. If Bill Gates started a new company, he would be eligible too. Why? PPP program was rushed and is stupid.

We will never do it. As I said.........stop the pumping and I'll stop advocating to excuse loans.
So you just want to give up? OK....feel free to sit on the sidelines. I am all set with quitters.

And let us rid ourselves of bankruptcy courts.

PPP loans don't have a guarantor or owner criteria. If Bill Gates started a new company, he would be eligible too. Why? PPP program was rushed and is stupid.
Except you have to have a paper trail history greater than one year.

No...those are necessary. Do you mean for consumers or business concerns?

It doesn't matter. We did it.

No...those are necessary. Do you mean for consumers or business concerns?
Both since we are now all liable for our debts and no one can ever get one written off.

Except you have to have a paper trail history greater than one year.
Yep...but you know what I mean. If Gates started a Company in 2019 that company would be 100% eligible. Guarantor/Owner wealth is irrelevant.

And who does everyone thing will be picking up the tab??

Why we tax payers of course.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.
I know you care about future generations as do I. Like I said, im not dismissing the importance of fiscal responsibility but I am asking if you or anybody you know has actually been impacted from the National debt. And if so, how?

You simply dismiss concerns as not legit.

Such as I want UHC. Even though someone like Sanders promotes a plan largely paid for people scream BUT we are $28 trillion in debt.
I never said your concerns weren't legit, I actually shared your concerns, don't put words in my mouth. But, I'm asking very simple questions and you keep avoiding direct answers.

I've answered it more than once.
You are right you answered the question, but you did so indirectly. You didn't actually give a direct answer the question that I asked. It was a very simple yes or no question that would involve some details if yes. I'm guessing the answer is No, you haven't seen any effects in your lifetime but you are concerned about the future. Is that right? Too bad I need to play guessing games to get a straight answer. Hope you can do better in the future

I explained how it directly affects me. The debt affects nearly everything. Interest rates such as how a retiree used to be able to live off interest on their savings. Now there is no interest.

I was looking at an older pic yesterday. 50 years appx. Banks were advertising 7% on savings. A retiree could do pretty well on that. Now they can't.
But you realize back then mortages were near 15-20% right? If Banks are going to pay 7% interest on saving accounts then they need to be lending money at a much higher rate. Im not seeing the national debt as the cause of these changes. I see a move towards making lending easier for more affordable as the catalyst. If you see it differently then please explain why?

I also see the ability for more people to borrow in order to purchase homes as a net positive to earning a few extra points on savings accounts. There is a push and pull there, not a forced changer from a growing national debt.

It doesn't matter. We did it.
Yes and now we will be paying for it. Our politicians are terrible. They pander for votes. Neither party is very good.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.
I know you care about future generations as do I. Like I said, im not dismissing the importance of fiscal responsibility but I am asking if you or anybody you know has actually been impacted from the National debt. And if so, how?

Such as I want UHC. Even though someone like Sanders promotes a plan largely paid for people scream BUT we are $28 trillion in debt.
I never said your concerns weren't legit, I actually shared your concerns, don't put words in my mouth. But, I'm asking very simple questions and you keep avoiding direct answers.

You are right you answered the question, but you did so indirectly. You didn't actually give a direct answer the question that I asked. It was a very simple yes or no question that would involve some details if yes. I'm guessing the answer is No, you haven't seen any effects in your lifetime but you are concerned about the future. Is that right? Too bad I need to play guessing games to get a straight answer. Hope you can do better in the future

I explained how it directly affects me. The debt affects nearly everything. Interest rates such as how a retiree used to be able to live off interest on their savings. Now there is no interest.

I was looking at an older pic yesterday. 50 years appx. Banks were advertising 7% on savings. A retiree could do pretty well on that. Now they can't.
But you realize back then mortages were near 15-20% right? If Banks are going to pay 7% interest on saving accounts then they need to be lending money at a much higher rate. Im not seeing the national debt as the cause of these changes. I see a move towards making lending easier for more affordable as the catalyst. If you see it differently then please explain why?

I also see the ability for more people to borrow in order to purchase homes as a net positive to earning a few extra points on savings accounts. There is a push and pull there, not a forced changer from a growing national debt.
Rates were rising but then COVID hit. My mortgage is at 2.5%. Crazy.

So is your claim deficits don’t matter?
I haven't really made claims yet, but if you are asking then I'd absolutely say that deficits matter. We need to understand how they work and how to properly manage them. This is why I'm asking these questions. Have you actually felt the negative effects you say a large debt causes or are your concerns solely for what might happen in the future?

Oh I don't think any serious people are saying ALL PEOPLE who voted for Trump are responsible for the capital attack. Thats a rather ludicrous claim. The pushback has been against promoting lies and false narratives that led to the Stop the Steal movement that led to the insurrection.

Our self-proclaimed unobjective "journalists" certainly are, and they hold a lot of weight on the leftism front.

Don Lemon: "If you voted for Trump, you voted for the person who the Klan supported. You voted for the person who Nazis support. You voted for the person who the alt-right supports. You voted for the person who incited a crowd to go into the Capitol and potentially take the lives of lawmakers ... You voted on that side, and the people in Washington are continuing to vote on that side,"
Don Lemon is a Prime time host on CNN that rivals Fox's Hannity. He is absolutely bias and an active advocate against Trump. I don't think he reflects the opinions of the masses.

gotta disagree with you there. Music is one of mankinds greatest creations. Its not necessary to go to school for it but for those with the talent and passion school is where they can take it to the next level and make an impression that may impact the world for centuries to come

Last edited:
gotta disagree with you there. Music is one of mankind greatest inventions. Its not necessary to go to school for it but for those with the talent and passion school is where they can take it to the next level and make an impression that may impact the world for centuries to come
And what is the average salary for music degree holders?

But you realize back then mortages were near 15-20% right?

No they weren't. They were in the 80's. That's when we really started screwing things up.

Forum List

Back